PDA

View Full Version : The name of your kingdom/ Ranks

Limelight Panda
04-28-2004, 01:33 AM
x_x

I just noticed this today... if zormite is a republic, why is there a dictator/dictatress? Shouldn't it be something else?? x_x :spam:

Who else thinks this is weird? Heh I just think its neat..

Myukoi
04-28-2004, 01:38 AM
o.o I'll go by what the thread said and have fun. My kingdom rank is "Sorceress Willow Rulyan of (Dustari)" but i want it to be Songstress or maybe even Seductress. xD

Myomoto
04-28-2004, 12:21 PM
x_x

I just noticed this today... if zormite is a republic, why is there a dictator/dictatress? Shouldn't it be something else?? x_x :spam:

Who else thinks this is weird? Heh I just think its neat..

Isn't a dictator a person who have taken the power of a country himself instead of being born or elected to the power?

Satrek2000
04-28-2004, 02:48 PM
It's also called Graal while I didn't see a single of the original 4 graals arround, so...

@Myuoki: while Seductress may be a description for someone's roleplaying aims, it will never be a rank, in my opinion. And not only due to the fact that it's counterproductive to tell people they are currently being seduced by a professional. I can guess what a Songstress is supposed to be, but first, we have the Bard rank already (although the first one ran of to trade happy singsong for the clatter of swords), and second you'd have to prove your abilities for that, which counts as roleplaying, and that actually leads to third, you can roleplay whatever you want even if there is no accurate title for it.

ZanderX
04-28-2004, 04:16 PM

Why should it be something else? Makes sense to me.

busyrobot
04-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Panda, the info was right here, stickied even:

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44486

..one thread up

It is a republic ruled with the absolute power of the dictator. If I recall, Iraq was considered a republic under Hussein. I forget if Pakistan is, but that is also run by a dictator, and I am pretty sure it is a republic.

Myukoi
04-29-2004, 03:00 AM
It's also called Graal while I didn't see a single of the original 4 graals arround, so...

@Myuoki: while Seductress may be a description for someone's roleplaying aims, it will never be a rank, in my opinion. And not only due to the fact that it's counterproductive to tell people they are currently being seduced by a professional. I can guess what a Songstress is supposed to be, but first, we have the Bard rank already (although the first one ran of to trade happy singsong for the clatter of swords), and second you'd have to prove your abilities for that, which counts as roleplaying, and that actually leads to third, you can roleplay whatever you want even if there is no accurate title for it.
Wow. big post. @[email protected]
The seductress was a joke, but Songstress isn't. I had many ranks made, like swordswoman, sorceress and such, so i think this would be great. Anyway, i'm pretty sure only males are bards, and songstress and bard is different anyway. :p Anyway how would you prove it? Be level 5 to show you have the fighting skills for singing? :|

GryffonDurime
04-29-2004, 03:04 AM
When you figure out the obvious way of proving it, then mabey you'd have a chance at getting it

Here's a hint- Singing and Poetry

Myukoi
04-29-2004, 03:10 AM
I don't see something like that happening on kingdoms, i didn't even think dustari would do something that much in rp. I mean the princess freaking made a warp hole in a castle and flew away in a rp. o_O

GryffonDurime
04-29-2004, 11:49 AM
The Queen is a near-goddess regarding power, she could easily be the avatar of whatever god she prays to now, and when you compare RP standpoints to Game Mechanics, it's very noticible that the entire Sagesun family is marinated in magical goodness. Now, please, don't spam Zormite about your rank.

busyrobot
04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I mean the princess freaking made a warp hole in a castle and flew away in a rp. o_O

You have to understand the rather complex RP story behind Zain, who I am sure is the prince you spoke of.

I believe you were referring to the fellow who played the Prince, Zan, back when it was playing the character Elchior, Ethereal Knight.

Elchior, as I recall, around the time Tseng Nightrose was crowned King, leapt from a cliff to his death, however, before he hit the ground, he was swallowed into the Ethereal plane, the transition of which killed him.

At first, the most he could do was gather enough strength to whisper a few words before his power would dissipate and he could no longer be on the worldly plane in any fashion.

When his strength in his new form had regathered enough, he returned to this world, but not as a normal mortal, but as a visitor who's presence hung by a thread. He had strong enough will to over see specific tasks, that he was able to reside here for the most part.

One power he did have, as Ethereal Knight, was to dissipate almost at will.

This was not a story made up on the fly after to justify a cool rank, but every element was RPed out, his time away regathering his strength was when he had to be inactive, and when he unstick from the castle - that was in character, not a lame excuse to cover an unstick.

Keep in mind that unsticking from the throne room to the castle gates is not exactly a travel time saving act, it was all for RP.

I just had to go into the details, as you cited a long running RP as an instance of how RP is dead.

Myukoi
04-29-2004, 10:30 PM
You have to understand the rather complex RP story behind Zain, who I am sure is the prince you spoke of.

I believe you were referring to the fellow who played the Prince, Zan, back when it was playing the character Elchior, Ethereal Knight.

Elchior, as I recall, around the time Tseng Nightrose was crowned King, leapt from a cliff to his death, however, before he hit the ground, he was swallowed into the Ethereal plane, the transition of which killed him.

At first, the most he could do was gather enough strength to whisper a few words before his power would dissipate and he could no longer be on the worldly plane in any fashion.

When his strength in his new form had regathered enough, he returned to this world, but not as a normal mortal, but as a visitor who's presence hung by a thread. He had strong enough will to over see specific tasks, that he was able to reside here for the most part.

One power he did have, as Ethereal Knight, was to dissipate almost at will.

This was not a story made up on the fly after to justify a cool rank, but every element was RPed out, his time away regathering his strength was when he had to be inactive, and when he unstick from the castle - that was in character, not a lame excuse to cover an unstick.

Keep in mind that unsticking from the throne room to the castle gates is not exactly a travel time saving act, it was all for RP.

I just had to go into the details, as you cited a long running RP as an instance of how RP is dead.
i said princess, not prince. o_O atleast i got a fun story to read.

busyrobot
04-30-2004, 05:24 AM
i said princess, not prince. o_O atleast i got a fun story to read.

Well, the princess is simply god-like, I would expect warp holes. :D

I missread whom you were speaking of, but it does show we do RP. We can be goofy now and then too, its all in good fun.

Anyway, this thread officially has veered off the 'zormite name issue' which I think was settled a few good posts ago, and I'd say its time has come.

Satrek2000
04-30-2004, 06:52 AM
@Myukoi: I think you have a tricky attitude towards ranks and roleplaying here. as I said, you can do whatever you want, and there are ranks to cover the whole spectrum on a rough scale. If there is demand, and even by a single person, a new rank may be added, but: demand means active interest in roleplaying such a character, and demonstrate that both over time as well as for some kind of approval ceremony. It does not mean sitting there and demanding "make me some ranks". As for the other ranks you mention, ther are simply female versions of existing ranks, not new ranks.

And it's her chocolate-addiction that causes rifts in reality :D

Splke
05-09-2004, 12:08 PM
o.O The princess can cause rifts in time and space to travel? I'd like to see that properly RP'd, without the childish anime style reaction to chocolate being played in..

Anyways, Zain was awesome at RP, he amazed most of GK... It was an honor to RP with him, he always seemed to be on the ball. His only downside, was knowing Tec... he got caught up in items and leveling.

Songstresses are The Ladies of the Dance... commonly associated with seductresses, they lure men, and women alike, into a hypnotized state and do away with them as they please... I must say, makes you wonder if it is really... PG-13 or Triple X... The rank should not be made IMO, it is a horribly hard RP to keep up with, and you would probably infuriate afew parents with that role...

LordZen
05-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Its perfectly appropriate to have a dictator at the head of a republic. You see, a republic is really a representative democracy. All people have a say in government, but only through representatives which do the decision making for them. That and there is some sort of constitution which defines the way the government basically operates.

Well, all that needs be done is for some sort of majority of the representatives agree on wanting a dictator.

Here I will quote this from my encyclopedia:
Dictator
In the Roman republic, a temporary magistrate with extraordinary powers.

Nominated in times of crisis by a consul, recommended by the Senate, and confirmed by the Comitia Curiata, the dictator's term was six months or the duration of the crisis, and he had authority over all other magistrates. By 300 BC his powers were limited; no dictators were chosen after 202. The dictatorships of Sulla and Julius Caesar were a new form with almost unlimited powers. Caesar became dictator for life just before his assassination; afterward the office was abolished.

If you read the way our constitution is set up, the Dictator is the senior official of the ruling party. Our setup especially makes sense for Zormite, because of the underlying story which I have gone by since the beginning of the Republic. Its a republic, yes, more modern and stable. The ruling party is actually a group of loyalists to the old royal bloodline of the Zormite throne: Archigos. Hence, they attempt to put royalty into power through democratic means, and no matter who is in power, the constitution gives that person pretty much the same rights as a king.

This royalist party also had heavy influence in the drafting of the constitution because they were the only truly organized group directly after the revolution.

If any were unaware, the party's name is NAPZ, which officialy is the National Archist Party of Zormite.

Limelight Panda
05-29-2004, 06:11 PM
SO if wren "Rp died" (left graal) would there be some kind of triumverate thing, just like after julius caesar?

LordZen
06-03-2004, 05:02 AM
quoted from our constitution :)
1. Terminating Senior Officials
This member of the ruling political party is entrusted as knowing what actions are most in accordance with the ideology of the party. As such, he may not be voted out of power by other party members, and his actions are presumed to always be within party guidelines. If he begins to waiver, than he has deemed it nessisary for an alteration in the party's agenda. If the senior offical elects to resign, the office becomes hereditary, meaning only an offspring or other family member of the senior official (who is justly familiar with the goals of the party) may take office. The selection of a new senior official will additionaly take place whenever there is a change in power from one party to another, at which point the office is no longer hereditary.

Limelight Panda
06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Everybody please stop reviving my threads e.e
I was hoping this thing was dead by now. :frown:

LordZen
06-06-2004, 10:40 AM
?

I dont get it. Last 2 responses= You asking me a question, and me trying to answer.