PDA

View Full Version : Murasamune Features List

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 10:15 AM
A features list for Murasamune, it is pretty long so get ready ;-)
This probably isn't everything, I usually forget lots of stuff when typing everything...sorry if somethings don't make to mch sense, sometimes I get carried away in typing :-)

If you first begin to play, you will start with an intro. Its very nice if you have light effects, but still good if you don't. After a nice intro you start in a bed...it goes through a little sequence and you are able to control your character.

With our new "Action System" you should search houses and villages to find hidden items and learn information. Instead of just touching something, you must hit "A", called the action key on Murasamune. When we get all the stuff done you will be able to find many hidden items, like armors and weapons. This is a very big part to the quality of Murasamune, because it is one of the most unique systems. It also alows us to do many different things, and makes things funner, less annoying, and gives you alot more to do.

We have a movement system that we need in order for our action system to work perfectly. With this movement system, we are able to change ganis alot easier...you may say "well all you have to do is 'setgani ,;'" but its alot more complicated. For movement ganis, you need to completely rebuild movement to make them work. With this, we can make things alot smoother.

Our item system is also very important. Its very hard to explain, so you should wait for Murasamune to go up (is if goes up.

We have a day/night system, and we are working on making villagers and events do different things throughout a day. For instance, at night a villager may be sleeping, and during the day working, but that is just a simple example.

We spend alot of time on each level, because we know the levels make up lots of the quality of the server. We try and make levels as "full" as we can, with the least possible grass tiles shown.

Although are weapon system isn't done, its coming out very nice. That I will let you wait and see, although it is already scripted, I want to enhance the script to make it work better and easier to add new weapons. In order to do this I would need the NPC Server commands and a way to test it online.

Almost all the commands have been rebuilt, and soon we are rebuilding the heart system, and changing the image for the whole "status area" (like ASD, gralat, bombs, arrows, and so on)

The last system im currently working on is the Status Effect system. This will also add a new feel to graal, allowing us to put different properties on weapons, protection from status effects on armors, magics which cause and cure status effects, and many other things. Item cures will be added to the item menu, but for a full explanation I would just wait and see.

Our new baddies will also change many things, we plan on having many different types of baddies for different areas. Baddies play a big role in what equiptment you can use...

Our vehicles are also very nice, currently we only have a boat, but expect many new things in that area. With the boat you can board, dock, and depending on new features with 2.4 you may be able to walk around and fish on the boat

In the mini games subject, we already have the gfx and some script for balloon pumping, whack a mole, and (although this is more of a side quest) a trading system. Whack a mole should be obvious. Balloon pumping will be a race to whoever pumps and pops a balloon first, its better to wait a see this one. The trading systen is the only so far planned way to make money. You will go hunt for meat or pick things like berries, and sell what you get at a trading post. Another way is to buy stuff for cheap in one trade post, then sell for high at another. Trading isn't scripted yet, but it will be good.

Lastly, I'm goin to mention some future plans...
-4 different time periods to choose from, and time travel...this is a very big project, and will be complicated, so expect this in a somewhat far future.

-5 different races to choose from...
this is also a very big project, because we will need to make things for each of the 4 worlds, and for each of the 5 races, which as you can imagine will be very hard and complicated. As with time travel, expect it in the somewhat far future.

-Party System...
this is pretty hard to eplain...basicly we plan to have double, triple, and quad techs, and people able to join a party using guild tags. There will probably be a limit to 4 per party, but this area is still being discussed so I can't say much about it.

-Dragon Pets..
expect this in the near-middle future, this is still being discuss but most likely will be done, they will be very complicated so, once again, it is hard to completely explain them. Just wait until they are done :-)

-Many different jobs...and I do mean many. I'm not going into detail here, but it will be cool. Expect these in the mid future.

Hmm I probably missed a few things...maybe even a few big things...but all this is still good. Everything we listed here will be a reality, so don't go thinking it isn't possible. We are devoted and have the skill to make all this come true, and it will.

Sorry about speaking like I'm sure its going up..obviously this all will only happen if we do go up. The reason I feel so confident its going up though, is because I know no matter how long it takes, I'm going to keep working and working on this server, even after it does go up. So with that I know I'm going to get it up, because I'm not going to quit trying. Period. Everyone on Murasamune staff will may leave, but I won't.

Thanks for reading all this, I'm going to update this features list when we get some more stuff,

-Soul Blade

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 10:19 AM
*bumps thread to top*

LilbrojX
06-20-2001, 10:27 AM
eh, you forgot the luxiurious window changing system we just thought up last night that I'm working on :p

LilbrojX
06-20-2001, 10:28 AM
for those of you wondering, it's gonna be like chrono cross, how you can get new windows :)

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah...window changing system...I think we will let that be a surprise ;-)

LilbrojX
06-20-2001, 10:33 AM
THERE IS NO WINDOW CHANGING SYSTEM

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 10:36 AM
lol...

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 10:48 AM
bump

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 11:36 AM
with all that bumping, i hope you got a helmet =\ and im looking forward to Murasamune, i wonder if it will be as good as Faheria hmmm :confused:

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 12:01 PM
I'm not going to compete with Faheria, me and Shadrock made a deal that we aren't gonna compete, instead we are gonna help each other improve our stuff

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 12:43 PM
hehe, but, when that guy said Murasamune had merged with Faheria, then this means that you changes your mine eh? well merging with Faheria would be great =\ 2 kick ass PW as one :cool:

but then again, Murasamune is more complete then Faheria for now so i guess you can't really merge with an underconstruction PW

im guessing too much *gets dizzy*

WeirdmanI9
06-20-2001, 12:52 PM
hey im hopin my pw is good and i will never stop tryin eithe and if my server does go up i dont wanna compete either aight :D

ownerofbabylon
06-20-2001, 01:18 PM
I am looking forward to Marasamune. I wouldn't even mind if it went up before Babylon. :) Is it gonna be p2p???

LilbrojX
06-20-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by MoonAngel
hehe, but, when that guy said Murasamune had merged with Faheria, then this means that you changes your mine eh?

THAT GUy??? THAT GUY???? WTF MAN??? CAN'T YOU REMMEBER ANYTHING? I AM THAT GUY!!!! DID YOU EVER READ MY OLD SIG? WE'RE NO LONGER MERGED WITH FAHERIA!!!!!!!

OH NO, I'm no one important on the server, just some guy, some guy that happens to be the FRIGGIN COLEADER!!!!!!

BAH :mad:

ownerofbabylon
06-20-2001, 01:50 PM
LOL

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

THAT GUy??? THAT GUY???? WTF MAN??? CAN'T YOU REMMEBER ANYTHING? I AM THAT GUY!!!! DID YOU EVER READ MY OLD SIG? WE'RE NO LONGER MERGED WITH FAHERIA!!!!!!!

OH NO, I'm no one important on the server, just some guy, some guy that happens to be the FRIGGIN COLEADER!!!!!!

i was too lazy to check the name and this is the second time i'll tell you, i DID NOT activate sigs in my options =\

Valder
06-20-2001, 02:28 PM
i want to help, but i don't know what i can do
O.o

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 11:26 PM
hehe, but, when that guy said Murasamune had merged with Faheria, then this means that you changes your mine eh? well merging with Faheria would be great =\ 2 kick ass PW as one :cool:

but then again, Murasamune is more complete then Faheria for now so i guess you can't really merge with an underconstruction PW

im guessing too much *gets dizzy*

you are guessing to much...we are a underconstruction server...we still have much to do and many levels to build

T-Squad
06-20-2001, 11:29 PM

.....gees W-Dragoon.....dont need to get all mad....i think "that guy" was me anyway...dont go into seizure mode
*duck and covers before w-dragoon goes into seizure mode*

ownerofbabylon
06-21-2001, 12:14 AM
*follows closely behind screaming for T-Squad to wait because i dont want to be left alone with the Dragoon*

RawPower
06-21-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad

With our new "Action System" you should search houses and villages to find hidden items and learn information. Instead of just touching something, you must hit "A", called the action key on Murasamune. When we get all the stuff done you will be able to find many hidden items, like armors and weapons. This is a very big part to the quality of Murasamune, because it is one of the most unique systems. It also alows us to do many different things, and makes things funner, less annoying, and gives you alot more to do.

YOU SON OF A *****!!! YOU STOLE TB3S IDEA!!!! OH NOW IM PISSED!!!

MoonAngel
06-21-2001, 04:16 AM

.....gees W-Dragoon.....dont need to get all mad....i think "that guy" was me anyway...dont go into seizure mode

i was talking about W-Dragoon

Originally posted by RawPower

and you were supposed not to compete between each other x.X

bad start =\

RawPower
06-21-2001, 05:10 AM

i was talking about W-Dragoon

and you were supposed not to compete between each other x.X

bad start =\

well since we werent merging WE DONT USE EACHOTHERS IDEAS! Soul Blade I deman an explenation!

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:34 AM

i was too lazy to check the name and this is the second time i'll tell you, i DID NOT activate sigs in my options =\

IT'S NOT IN MY GRAFFIC SIG!!!! I SAID READ, NOT SEE MY BEAUTIFUL SIGNTURE

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Valder
i want to help, but i don't know what i can do
O.o

don't you script valder? PM me your AIM SN

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:35 AM

to late :)

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:37 AM

you know, we think of our own ideas (mostly me, eh heh...), it's a good idea too, I don't think we stole it

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:38 AM
WE'RE NOT CHEAP ASS HOLE n00b PEOPLE! WE DO NOT STEAL FEATURES! ESPECIALLY NOT FROM SHADROCK!

Wut exactly did we steal from you godspeed?

LilbrojX
06-21-2001, 05:44 AM
I know wut TB3 does.... don't complain about us stealing his ideas
( don't ask )

T-Squad
06-21-2001, 06:02 AM

well since we werent merging WE DONT USE EACHOTHERS IDEAS! Soul Blade I deman an explenation!

.....what idea...? the action system....? that wasnt your idea...me and W-Dragoon were already making that before we merged...we started out with status effects then we made action system....besides its already scripted and weve already made many levels which must have this system....

T-Squad
06-21-2001, 06:26 AM
shadrock dont be an idiot...theres no reason to get so mad over this...even if though i scripted my system a while ago, you had the system, i realize that...i didnt even pay attention to that little system...then one day i just thought a action system would be nice and i remember the one i scripted, so i made it again to work with our stuff (like the boat)....i never wanted to "copy" your stuff and i hardly call it copying.....

RawPower
06-21-2001, 06:40 AM
shadrock dont be an idiot...theres no reason to get so mad over this...even if though i scripted my system a while ago, you had the system, i realize that...i didnt even pay attention to that little system...then one day i just thought a action system would be nice and i remember the one i scripted, so i made it again to work with our stuff (like the boat)....i never wanted to "copy" your stuff and i hardly call it copying.....

An idiot? goto hell you prick..I showed you that action system a long time ago and now you all of a sudden have it on your features list...damn can hardly trust ANYONE on graal....

MoonAngel
06-21-2001, 12:41 PM

IT'S NOT IN MY GRAFFIC SIG!!!! I SAID READ, NOT SEE MY BEAUTIFUL SIGNTURE

you dont get it, i DISABLED sig meanign SIGNATURES which means graphic and TEXT x.X now do u get it?

T-Squad
06-21-2001, 01:49 PM
bump

grim_squeaker_x
06-21-2001, 05:42 PM
Well as long as they script it in their own way it'll be slightly different so I would guess there's no harm done eh?

toad1413
06-21-2001, 07:20 PM
I'll help make levels for Murasamune.

T-Squad
06-22-2001, 01:12 AM
dont worry about all that, i already talked to shad about it on AIM...and yes btw i did use a script, and i also had no idea on hows theres worked (he showed me the NPC, but all it did was make some image go in front of you) but anyway...this is already settled

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 01:34 AM
soul blade is it that hard to come up with original things?

LilbrojX
06-22-2001, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by toad1413
I'll help make levels for Murasamune.

read my profile, and send your stuff to [email protected]

this goes to anyone who wants to join

T-Squad
06-22-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by CrazedMerlin
soul blade is it that hard to come up with original things?

did you look at the feature list *****? everything we have is original...no other server has movement system, action system (faheria does but we arent competing with them so i dont include them in any of this...) , item system, custom windows, custom weapon system...gvie me a break you are an idiot 99% of everythjing on there is original

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 01:45 AM
99%? i heard people say you stole atleast 4 of those ideas

T-Squad
06-22-2001, 01:48 AM
99%? i heard people say you stole atleast 4 of those ideas

you are such an idiot, no one even knew about Murasamune until about 3 weeks ago, and we have been working on it since 1.4...if other people have any of these things, they stole it from us...dont go off bashing on a server all cause yours sux0rs

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 01:49 AM

you are such an idiot, no one even knew about Murasamune until about 3 weeks ago, and we have been working on it since 1.4...if other people have any of these things, they stole it from us...dont go off bashing on a server all cause yours sux0rs
That makes no sence
nobody heard of it yet they stole they ideas from you? Your a smart cookie!

cheaterzx22
06-22-2001, 01:49 AM
What the heck? why are you guys arguing over who stole who's ideas? i mean, most of em are from final fantasy games. so really, everybody stole em from other games.

T-Squad
06-22-2001, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by cheaterzx22
What the heck? why are you guys arguing over who stole who's ideas? i mean, most of em are from final fantasy games. so really, everybody stole em from other games.

yeah thats true but *****s with ***s servers (like merlin) seems to think they have it copyright...

1) almost every high quality RPGs have action system
2)every RPG has HP stuff
3)many RPGs have day/night
4) everything we have has already been though up by someone elses game...so you merlin are some homosexual idiotic fool who needs to get a real life instead of constently looking for things to get people mad like a little dwarf locked up in a dark smelly room....lets get a few facts straight:

from your 18 screenshots, providence looks VERY ***
dont pick *** screenshot to show, and dont show any if your server is crappy
that *** squirrel nees to be redone cause as i said he is ***...he gets me mad
i can promise everyone that none of his ideas are unique...i barely go on graal anymore so how is it possible to steal ideas...? i may get some from games i play, but do you see the creaters of the game say "you stole my idea!"

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 02:44 AM

yeah thats true but *****s with ***s servers (like merlin) seems to think they have it copyright...

2)every RPG has HP stuff
4) everything we have has already been though up by someone elses game...so you merlin are some homosexual idiotic fool who needs to get a real life instead of constently looking for things to get people mad like a little dwarf locked up in a dark smelly room....lets get a few facts straight:

i can promise everyone that none of his ideas are unique...i barely go on graal anymore so how is it possible to steal ideas...? i may get some from games i play, but do you see the creaters of the game say "you stole my idea!"
providence is not my server retard

LilbrojX
06-22-2001, 02:46 AM

That makes no sence
nobody heard of it yet they stole they ideas from you? Your a smart cookie!

your a ****, if you knew how to read, soul is the one who said some one else stole 4 of our ideas, but that's long passed so we're all over it

LordAzeroth
06-22-2001, 02:47 AM

2)every RPG has HP stuff

This is ***, that is ***, this thing here is *** and oh my that is *** too!
Hi playerworlds don't have sexual preferences okay?
Providence isn't "***", a lot of people love it, and Trueheat said it's the best he's seen so far.
You don't even know how it plays and yet you judge it? You're a *****.

LilbrojX
06-22-2001, 02:49 AM

providence is not my server retard

anyway, you are truly a morron, I'm head ideas design and I stole all my ideas from me, yes, me, you heard me, me! I had all these ideas planned out for another server that I started, but then i joined murasamune because my staff was full of people like you. I showed my stuff to soul, and he liked them a whole lot. almost all of those ideas are mine, so blame me you ass hole, don't blame soul blade

MoonAngel
06-22-2001, 03:29 AM
*bump*

im almost at 500!!

toad1413
06-22-2001, 11:20 AM
Can you show me a screenshot of one level please? So I can make the level that I'm going to send in sort of fit in.

T-Squad
06-22-2001, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
Mainly the time travel, however the other things I cannot talk about because anyone in general public could come up with it too... G2001 already made simple versions of npcs with daily lives

oh please no way, Murasamune has had time travel forever, dont you DARE say we stole that

CrazedMerlin
06-22-2001, 01:30 PM
U BOTH LIE I INVITEND TIME TRAVEL THEN PRODUCED THA MOVIE BACK TO THA [email protected]@$%#@%$%&^

LilbrojX
06-22-2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
Mainly the time travel, however the other things I cannot talk about because anyone in general public could come up with it too... G2001 already made simple versions of npcs with daily lives

now it makes sence, I had no friggin idea you where donig time travel, sorry speedy, but I had that idea a long time ago. don't be a **** godspeed

grim_squeaker_x
06-22-2001, 06:56 PM
Stop your damn "you stole this and you stole that" stuff, there's no reliable way of checking who had the idea earlier anyway.

T-Squad
06-23-2001, 02:00 AM
coulnt agree more...

LordAzeroth
06-23-2001, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
Stop your damn "you stole this and you stole that" stuff, there's no reliable way of checking who had the idea earlier anyway.

You stole the words right out of my mouth :( WORDS IN MY MOUTH )

:() NO MORE WORDS
(GRIMSQUEEEKR): (RUNNING WITH WORDZ)!

:( sad Tyne

LilbrojX
06-23-2001, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x

I know, back off you morrons, we're not out to steal every body's good ideas, quit acting like we are

LilbrojX
06-23-2001, 05:34 AM
bump