PDA

View Full Version : Bmode?

Myomoto
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
When would be a good level to switch to battlemode? i'm level 8 right now (:() and I really need to get exp faster than the big monster room in haunted house 2 ._. (By the way, how the hell do you switch to battle mode anyways? I couldn't find anything on the forums nor the help command on GK)

Also, should I prepare my naginata of bile +3 or should i get a better weapon? o.O

I know I shound like a newbie, but I havn't played GK for almost 1 and half year and only being able to play in weekends is killing me X[

WanDaMan
04-06-2004, 04:50 PM
nagita of bile is good
Don't go B mode untill level 25
So then bile can not kill you in one hit ;)

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Myomoto
When would be a good level to switch to battlemode? i'm level 8 right now (:() and I really need to get exp faster than the big monster room in haunted house 2 ._. (By the way, how the hell do you switch to battle mode anyways? I couldn't find anything on the forums nor the help command on GK)

Also, should I prepare my naginata of bile +3 or should i get a better weapon? o.O

I know I shound like a newbie, but I havn't played GK for almost 1 and half year and only being able to play in weekends is killing me X[

Dont go Bmode until you have around 60 AC, regardless of level.
My main advice would be to just not go Bmode o_O

Satrek2000
04-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Go into bmode if you are a master of diplomacy and are good at not making enemies ;)

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
and are good at not making enemies ;)

That's why im in Pmode :)

Splke
04-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Go into bmode if you are a master of diplomacy and are good at not making enemies ;)
Refering to yourself?? o.o

Myomoto
04-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Hmm... i live in europe so i'm not online when all the US pkers are online ;P

Satrek2000
04-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Splke
Refering to yourself?? o.o

Let's say I do my best.

criter
04-10-2004, 03:21 AM
It doesn't matter what level you're at, you just need to have good running skills from the stronger people, and good ac and wc if you want to start some fights.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
04-10-2004, 03:30 AM
Yeah, make sure you can run so fast, you'll have the stupid PKers accusing you of speedhacking. That's what happens when I'm able to boost my dex to 30 with the dex spell, and I use an ID scroll to boost my speed to 7.2... I have to take off mithril though for more speed- so I make sure not to get stabbed or anything or else the lack of ac will hurt me :(

lordbosh
04-10-2004, 03:50 AM
If you do decide to go bmode, I wouldnt recommend sitting around the trading room in bomboria, as magic is used there often and innocent bystanders can be hurt accidently. When I am on the hunt I dont worry about the collateral damage, and use any spells i need to use to bring down my prey, this includes icestorms and flaming aura.

Other than that, just steer clear of the largly populated areas, dont make enemies, they will hunt you down no matter where you are. (Usually 1 person isnt a problem, but when you have them+their friends its a pain. And if you made enemies with one of my friends you would need to run back to your castle for the bell fairly quickly.)

Besides that, its fun sometimes, I guess. Just make sure your armor class is sufficient and speed is high as ziro stated so that your not taken out by random PKers. Other than that, there really isnt a recommended level to enter bmode. Just meet those requirements, this game isnt based on level at all.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
04-10-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by lordbosh
this game isnt based on level at all.

It's based on roleplaying.

Medabee5111
04-15-2004, 09:03 AM
ditto bosh

also, kinda off topic, the trade center should be a no PK zone and spells shouldn't work there

BLOODY-SWORD
04-15-2004, 10:46 AM
going on bmode dosent really get you more exp from monsters, only monsters in maps, and its not the level that counts but your AC and WC, ive seen low levels kill high levels with that XD, and you swich from pmode to bmode by ringing the bell inside your kingdom's castle, if you arent in a kingdom then you cant switch

GoZelda
04-18-2004, 11:50 AM
I suggest you get a weapon of Govannon+3-5, then go and slay some t-rexes. Then trade the possibly gained diamonds for EA's, use that to boost yer weapons, slay rexes more easily, get maps, do the level 1 maps until they're piece-of-cakes, then go and slay lords and level 1-3 maps. Sell the brutals and immenses for diamonds/EA's, so you can improve weapons/armor.

Dach
04-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Dont go Bmode until you have around 60 AC, regardless of level.
My main advice would be to just not go Bmode o_O

How the crap do AC and WC work anyhow? I was told by someone that they are better when they are low, and when I equip/unequip my gear it looks that way. And also what are decent numbers for those? I have like 6 AC 15 WC and I'm lvl 4 (yeah yeah)

I tried searching, but that darn 3 letter minimum and using *'s just crashed it for whatever reason

Satrek2000
04-19-2004, 10:51 AM
You should search for enchant armour here if you wanted any results, but I doubt anything useful would come up. I'd recommend my own homepage, mostly to see whether it is understandable to someone who did not write it in the first place. The corresponding section would be found here (http://www.satrek.de/graal/book/index.php?subnav=armour&armour=enchanting). I need feedback :p

Myomoto
04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Very nice site :P

Myomoto
04-26-2004, 03:29 PM
How the crap do AC and WC work anyhow? I was told by someone that they are better when they are low, and when I equip/unequip my gear it looks that way. And also what are decent numbers for those? I have like 6 AC 15 WC and I'm lvl 4 (yeah yeah)

I tried searching, but that darn 3 letter minimum and using *'s just crashed it for whatever reason

Low AC makes it hard for enemies to hit you, lower WC makes it esier for you to hit enemies, they can go below 0 both of them

VeX_RaT_Boy
04-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Low AC makes it hard for enemies to hit you, lower WC makes it esier for you to hit enemies, they can go below 0 both of them
Wow...I didn't know that...thanks ;)

WanDaMan
04-27-2004, 12:23 PM
No one starts a fight, just *****s like John Fiery and Argosax using laming aura in trade tables, or they run up to you and PK you. It's just annoyence on your behalf.

Thallen
06-22-2004, 04:01 AM
I'll never be able to go into battle mode with 56k. :frown:

Moonite
06-22-2004, 08:04 AM
pay me 5 dias each week and I wont pk u :)

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
I'll never be able to go into battle mode with 56k. :frown:

Tasty thread bumping

Thallen
06-22-2004, 01:45 PM
pay me 5 dias each week and I wont pk u :)
-67 AC, I doubt you could even hit me. :rolleyes:

Moonite
06-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Thallen
-67 AC, I doubt you could even hit me

thats no problem ;)

Myomoto
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Does AC affect spells?

GoZelda
06-22-2004, 06:33 PM
No, it doesn't and I hate the 10 character requirement.

Obs311
06-28-2004, 01:18 AM
I'm pretty sure I never had laming aura WanDaMan, I may have PKed you once, that's it :\

Lockedown5000
06-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Even if I wanted to PK anyone, I can't even get into battle mode, and I don't want to join a kingdom anymore...I guess I'll have to spar...

Moonite
06-28-2004, 08:14 AM
by Lockedown5000
Even if I wanted to PK anyone, I can't even get into battle mode, and I don't want to join a kingdom anymore...I guess I'll have to spar...

do it like my join a kingdom go in bmode and leave kingdom. :)