PDA

View Full Version : Monthly PW Inspections

SSmutz
06-20-2001, 08:40 AM
I think every month, the PW team (or whoever review PWs with Geo) should check up on each server to check the levels and NPCs and things like that, like when they review PW before they go online (or before they get turned down). That way they can check for copyrighted or stolen material and check the level quality and such things. This would be good to get rid of PWs that pass the first review and get online, then add the stuff that shouldn't be there later.
For example, Delteria may have passed the test to get online, but if it was tested again, it would more than likely fail. And since it would fail, it should be removed, or the owner(s) should be warned and given, perhaps, a week to fix everything, and if they fail to fix it, then it would be removed.

Matman58
06-20-2001, 08:45 AM
That is a very good idea I will talk to Geovanie about it...Thanks man

fugitive316
06-20-2001, 09:01 AM
Yeah great stuff.

*gives you muffins*

Spearman
06-20-2001, 09:35 AM
good idea, that will get the bad pws deleted and leave bandwith for the good ones

ownerofbabylon
06-21-2001, 12:47 AM
Or Bandwidth for New PWs that deserve to go up in place of the old ones that say they are gonna update one month and 6 months later still say the same thing :mad:

T-Squad
06-21-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by SSmutz
I think every month, the PW team (or whoever review PWs with Geo) should check up on each server to check the levels and NPCs and things like that, like when they review PW before they go online (or before they get turned down). That way they can check for copyrighted or stolen material and check the level quality and such things. This would be good to get rid of PWs that pass the first review and get online, then add the stuff that shouldn't be there later.
For example, Delteria may have passed the test to get online, but if it was tested again, it would more than likely fail. And since it would fail, it should be removed, or the owner(s) should be warned and given, perhaps, a week to fix everything, and if they fail to fix it, then it would be removed.

thats a good idea, cause over 50% of servers have crap on them...

Dolimah
06-21-2001, 04:54 AM
That would be helpfull yes...
But the playerworld reviewers would need to know what really is illegal. And isn't there a playerworld team that does review playerworlds already?

Cha Cha

Butz
06-21-2001, 04:57 AM
It would be a very good idea..Many playerworlds fall apart quickly because the people running them lose interest in them, or just use them as a source of power. This way, bad playerworlds would be given a chance to "shape up or ship out". (With 'out' being the little Recycle Bin on the Computer)

Metal-Slug
06-21-2001, 05:31 AM
that is a good idea

SSmutz
06-21-2001, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Dolimah
And isn't there a playerworld team that does review playerworlds already?

Cha Cha
There is a PW team, but they only review PWs that want to go online. After they go online, they aren't review anymore. But I think they should be reviewed (inspected) everyonce and a while.

Slaktmaster
06-21-2001, 08:10 AM
I like it. I'll tell Geovanie right now bout it!:D

SSmutz
06-21-2001, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Slaktmaster
I like it. I'll tell Geovanie right now bout it!:D
I already did, and I think Vincent has too.

Spearman
06-21-2001, 09:28 AM
Just make sure that they hire people who know what to look for and are qualified for the job (good level builders and scripters)

toad1413
06-21-2001, 05:28 PM
I'll help do it. I mean, in Auroria, 99% of the houses are predefined!! I make most of my houses from scratch. And they do have a few tile errors.

SSmutz
07-02-2001, 06:47 AM
Ok, I know they used my idea and created a new staff team to do the inspections. I'm glad they used the idea, but I'm a bit mad that I wasn't given credit for the idea. :(

yoshee15
07-02-2001, 08:41 AM
Its funny because so many of the current PW's would be removed if GOOD people were reviewing them

mastervampire
07-03-2001, 12:19 PM
Montly checks are a wonderful idea and I'm in full support of the idea. What a perfect way to cull out the crappy or dead servers that are lingering on....