PDA

View Full Version : Memories

GryffonDurime
04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, after another year in Dustari, I think it's time for a little thread. Would anyone like to share any specific memories they've had about Dustari, both 2k1 and 2k2? I started in Dustari as an Ambassador from a ****ish little RP Guild that never got it's footing, and started a friendship with a certain field marshall that would one day be King of All Britain! er...Dustar...
Regardlessly, the guild collapsed as most do, and I was given a rank as Head Scientist, and from there, it's a blur. I was shifted around so much my head spun, from Cardinal to Astronomer to a few other's I'm hard pressed to think of. For a brief time, I was Head of the Council of Sages, a doomed little precursor to the Senate, in which I was breifly Senator of Sages, also a doomed position. Then I suggested the family system, and the whirlwind followed. I became Duke of the High House of Durime, and Chancellor of the Council, until the House System eventually caused freakishly huge amounts of undue strife. Unless I'm much mistaken, I've been the Chancellor ever since then, advisor to the Royal Family confidant of the Nobles, and the watcher who's seen Dustari Live, Die, and be Reborn much like a Phoenix. Well, there was that time when I was branded as a traitor during the whole Kamuii/Jackall afair, but that's another story ;)
Then came 2k2. I was there that night, that wonderful night we all rushed onto Start Island, and I was one of the lucky few to get to explore the other six islands prematurly because of a little bug. I was around during most of Charles' reign, and left when it ended. I came back around the end of Tseng's rule, and found Dustari changed quite a bit. Right now, Kingdoms is just...stagnant. I hope that something will happen to change that. Regardlessly, I think there is one reason why I remember more about 2k1: in the Old Dustari, you would walk around the castle and the grounds, and everyone would be there. You'd RP little things and big things, and it felt like a real community. 2K2 is just...very, very, vast.

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I started out near the end of 2k1's days, i guess. I was recruited by Kamuii as one of the "King's Knights", but unfortunately i was a childish little brat back then, and i thought that title meant i was special. People's views of me were quickly turned negative, and it was my own fault. I didn't let that stand in the way of my duty, however. I was a solid roleplayer and tried to do my best for the kingdom, even after Kamuii kicked the bucket so to speak. He had gotten rid of the King's Knight rank, and so i was appointed as a cavalier, one of only two i believe. My other half was Dlaiyre wossname, but again, we didn't get along well.

Kamuii was long gone, with no internet or something along those lines. I asked once or twice why we didn't just appoint either the Duke or the Field Marshal (i think these were the highest active ranks) as a new king, but i was merely scolded for talking of such treason. Silly if you ask me. I hung around limply until the very end of Dustari, enduring all the crap we recieved from the likes of KT, until they and samurai finally destroyed the whole castle, and the kingdom.

And as for 2k2, well, that was a grand old time. I too remember the preview, and then the release of the server permanently. It was great. We were all running around with unofficial tags since the kingdoms weren't up yet, and i remember the rumour about having to build our own houses and build our own kingdom's castle! I spent hours collecting iron and boards, but then the place just got irritating, what with the stat-down every time you died and such. And so, i disappeared from 2k2, and shortly after, from 2k1 as well.

Wheeeeee

Damix2
04-05-2004, 01:50 AM
Err ya (Medevil Farmer) the ownage tag =D

GoZelda
04-05-2004, 01:54 AM
I was in Dustari for a very short while... nothing special, except for the high level of RPing.

ZanderX
04-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
I asked once or twice why we didn't just appoint either the Duke or the Field Marshal (i think these were the highest active ranks) as a new king, but i was merely scolded for talking of such treason. Silly if you ask me.

^_^ It's called loyalty, dawg. Something, despite my long periods of absence, I happened to inspire in people quite a bit, especially my immediate subordinates who were in control of the kingdom while I was gone.

GryffonDurime
04-05-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

^_^ It's called loyalty, dawg. Something, despite my long periods of absence, I happened to inspire in people quite a bit, especially my immediate subordinates who were in control of the kingdom while I was gone.

Bah, yeha, Aftershock glowed about your return, and Tupper was...Tupper. Kawaii wasn't around much. If you had been more active (and not have done the whole Jackal as king bit) I would have followed you instead of forming a rebellion :P

Lyndzey
04-05-2004, 03:37 AM
I was Tupper's wife for a while as the Duchess on 2k1.

I was also the Queen with Asuka and that guy who's name started with a Z. Zulfar or something, I don't remember.

ZanderX
04-05-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
I was also the Queen with Asuka and that guy who's name started with a Z. Zulfar or something, I don't remember.

Zulithe!

brock128
04-05-2004, 04:33 AM
I remember...

...snap. It's been so long I forgot.

Except that time the castle blew up. Good times. Everybody hated us for whatever reason.

EDIT: Oh, and the whole "go-kart" thing.

ZanderX
04-05-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by brock128
Everybody hated us for whatever reason.

That "whatever reason" is me. >:]

brock128
04-05-2004, 04:35 AM
Onos!

EDIT: Seriously, I don't know why everybody hated you. Other then the fact you were never on.

Butz
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
During the reign of King Larrien, I was mostly a wanderer. Finding it no longer satisfactory to be sleeping in trees, I asked around for permission to build a house on one of the islands, and on Dustari, was granted permission. Not yet a full citizen, I preferred to stay out of the political affairs of Humans, remembering words from my parents back home that warned me of such meddling. Eventually, I disregarded these warnings, and joined Dustari as a Mage. Over time, I trained an apprentice Arin, who I saw promoted to a full Mage. It was a nice day, but the happiness was not to last. The reminders of dangerous Human politics came back to haunt me as Dustari headed to war against Samurai. Arin and I were both injured in the ensuing battle, but as I recovered, Arin did not. Dying shortly after, I couldn't handle it at the moment and devoted all of my time to anything which could keep my mind off of it. Heading into Magical study, I eventually became a High Mage, and as time passed, was promoted to my current position as the kingdom's Aegis Mage. It's been quite an interesting time so far, and hopefully things will continue to prosper for Dustari.

brock128
04-07-2004, 03:44 AM
Butz - Didn't you leave? Not that i'm complaining or anything...

busyrobot
04-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Butz had a temp gold-lapse, but he's back.

One of my favorite memories, was our near attack on the Astri nation. The Astri had recently beat us in battle, and forced us to join their Eastern Alliance as a consession of King Larrien following the battle. I was a soldier at the time, and we were all called back to the castle. Some Dustarian's had defended a number of Zormites from Astri attackers dispite the alliance, and they threatened us with retribution for defending the Zormites.

The King was not around, I believe Raz was the senior rank online, in the military. After we waited for the impending doom, we decided it would be more advantageous to hit them before they hit us, and set sail for Astri shores.

Larrien logged on right as we were docking, flabbergasted, and all the battling ended up happening in toguilds.

Turned out the few Astri that threatened an attack were probably just shooting off their mouths, as nothing came of it.

That was the closest I was to being in a war, until I was Prince for a good long while.

Butz
04-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Butz - Didn't you leave? Not that i'm complaining or anything...

Indeed, I set off on a journey far from Dustarian shores, but have since returned and am still dealing with....shall we say...the effects of the trip.

Satrek2000
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
I was in Dustari for a very short while... nothing special, except for the high level of RPing.

And that isn't special? ;)

I have to admit, the only memory I have about 2k1's Dustari was walking by a related area when I was playing there for, say, a month or so, trying to make some money... didn't see much point there either. I joined the 2k2-Dustari more than a year ago, and after a few happy weeks of citizenship, I became Apprentice Mage and had a hard time finding an instructor. Shawn, High Mage at that time, told me he wasn't allowed to train (how things changed ;) ), and the only other Mage I found online was Locke, (master) Ice Mage back then. He quit soon after, and I was hanging in there, without ropes. After a while and a few PMs to Lance, I eventually became Mage. After another while, Shawn was promoted to Aegis Mage and I became High Mage (stupid ÷papercut, I'm bleeding on my keyboard... where was I?). Ed was pretty much inactive at that time, and eventually he posted that he wanted to pass the title of Archmage on, and requested likely candidates to post their rp-story. I did, and never got a reply for that. After another month though, I was promoted, and I'm afraid I liked it...

Lance
04-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey, I remember Dustari. It was a nice kingdom.

I enjoyed it more on 2k1, though.

brock128
04-09-2004, 04:20 AM
Butz - I meant graal. We're OOC :P

Butz
04-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Butz - I meant graal. We're OOC :P

Yeesss...but my absence from Dustari In character, co-incided with my absence from Graal Out of Character. ^.~

air_archmage
04-09-2004, 09:31 AM
My graal fournums finnaly cant through!

Muha_builder
04-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes padren that was a rememberal moment indeed. Wasnt it khallos ;).

Khallos_2k2
04-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Muha_builder
Yes padren that was a rememberal moment indeed. Wasnt it khallos ;).

Indeed it was. The beginning of Dustari's downfall...
But it was hilarious...I think you and Padren are the last (active)Dustarians who can remember that. I was watching it all, everyone was like "OMG LARRIEN IS BACK, RUN AWAY QUICK."

busyrobot
04-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2

Indeed it was. The beginning of Dustari's downfall...
But it was hilarious...I think you and Padren are the last (active)Dustarians who can remember that. I was watching it all, everyone was like "OMG LARRIEN IS BACK, RUN AWAY QUICK."

I was sure that was raz, evil_lord_sparda, and he was a knight or commander or something. That was you? :megaeek:
sorry for the miss attribution.

I considered that around Dustari's lowest point, the strong would leave, because we were weak, and the noble were starting to leave, because they didn't want us to attack Zormite with a Astri Alliance.

That was when being in dustari was getting mocked while you walked past bomb post office (the PK spot, before pub became pk spot, which was before trade was added as became new PK spot).

As for down hill, I think GK has suffered in some ways. Diamonds went from 10 plat each to 300. Level 20 was, considered huge.
I am glad we don't loose stats when PKed now, that's a huge plus.

Since this is a Dustari memories thread, not a graal down hill thread, I'd like to also add the time Raz took me leveling to the dungeons, and we 'thought' I was in peaceful, I ended up loosing a lot of XP ('I'll never to get lvl 5 now :O') and a pow stat point.

He suprised me with a potion of life, which cost 700 plat. I just about fell out of my chair, I had saved up for a long time to get the 160 plat for a Ring of Speed+1, and that was more plat than I could dream of making.
I think he should get a statue :D

Khallos_2k2
04-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

I was sure that was raz, evil_lord_sparda, and he was a knight or commander or something. That was you? :megaeek:
sorry for the miss attribution.

I considered that around Dustari's lowest point, the strong would leave, because we were weak, and the noble were starting to leave, because they didn't want us to attack Zormite with a Astri Alliance.

That was when being in dustari was getting mocked while you walked past bomb post office (the PK spot, before pub became pk spot, which was before trade was added as became new PK spot).

As for down hill, I think GK has suffered in some ways. Diamonds went from 10 plat each to 300. Level 20 was, considered huge.
I am glad we don't loose stats when PKed now, that's a huge plus.

Since this is a Dustari memories thread, not a graal down hill thread, I'd like to also add the time Raz took me leveling to the dungeons, and we 'thought' I was in peaceful, I ended up loosing a lot of XP ('I'll never to get lvl 5 now :O') and a pow stat point.

He suprised me with a potion of life, which cost 700 plat. I just about fell out of my chair, I had saved up for a long time to get the 160 plat for a Ring of Speed+1, and that was more plat than I could dream of making.
I think he should get a statue :D

Yes, Raz was the senior rank online, but I was watching while he played ie I wasn't actually playing
Yes, Raz should get a statue. Lots of Dustarians should get a statue: how about a Dustarian "Hall of Fame" for people like Raz, Larrien, Aftershock etc?
I remember when one of the first Necromancers, Ilyich Venmyr, eventually "forced" Paladin Dallion Fernandez out of Dustari with his evil ways. :p
Another "memory" is way back when I was Senator, and a certain Squire was always asking me questions since he too wanted to become a senator. He went on to become one, then eventually went on to become King. Do you remember him, Padren?

GryffonDurime
04-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2

I remember when the first Necromancer, Ilyich Venmyr, eventually "forced" Paladin Dallion Fernandez out of Dustari with his evil ways. :p

LIESSSS

AXEL WARHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first Necromancer

Khallos_2k2
04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime

LIESSSS

AXEL WARHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first Necromancer

Point taken, post edited.
If its any excuse, Ilyich was a higher level... Although that doesn't affect RP in any way