PDA

View Full Version : RC: Empty chat field

criter
04-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Every day since about 2 days ago after I got home from school. I got on the RC and there is nothing that welcomes me when I log on the RC. I can't even see what people are saying.

-Ramirez-
04-01-2004, 03:10 AM
That happened to me when my logging dir pointed somewhere that didn't exist. (Changed folders without changing the config.)
Answer here y0

criter
04-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-
That happened to me when my logging dir pointed somewhere that didn't exist. (Changed folders without changing the config.)

What do you mean? Like change the graal2001 folder to a place but don't change the config?

-Ramirez-
04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by criter
What do you mean? Like change the graal2001 folder to a place but don't change the config?
I had RemoteControl.exe and controlconfig.txt located in D:\Graal\RC\. My log file was set to D:\Graal\RC\RCLog.txt. Then I moved RemoteControl.exe and controlconfig.txt to D:\LAT\RC\. I deleted D:\Graal\RC\ after that. The folder no longer existed. When I opened RC from the new folder, no chat text would show up. I realized the log file was still set to D:\Graal\RC\RCLog.txt. I changed that to D:\LAT\RC\RCLog.txt... reopened RC... and it was fine.

criter
04-01-2004, 04:45 PM
ohhh, I got it. I just got rid of the thing that I put for the chatlogfile and it work. Thanks.