PDA

View Full Version : Cannot change weapon scripts

kuhujiowa
03-27-2004, 03:37 PM
on Playerworld81 we're having a problem that didn't come up until graal went down the other day. I can open npc edit windows. i can even hit send. RC then says the npc weapon has been updated. But when i reopen the editor window for that npc. all my changes are gone. basically i cant update, and fix npcs at all. :\

WanDaMan
03-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by kuhujiowa
on Playerworld81 we're having a problem that didn't come up until graal went down the other day. I can open npc edit windows. i can even hit send. RC then says the npc weapon has been updated. But when i reopen the editor window for that npc. all my changes are gone. basically i cant update, and fix npcs at all. :\
Do you have rights to?

kuhujiowa
03-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Yes, no options or rights have been changed. After the Graal chrash, when you hit send rc says "NpcNameHere has been updated". When you look at the npc again, it's back to the same as before you edited.

criter
03-29-2004, 12:41 AM
try restarting the npc server or just yell at it.

kuhujiowa
03-29-2004, 10:14 PM
I've tried that to. Some other servers are having this problem also.

criter
03-30-2004, 01:44 AM
I hope the solution comes out soon. Hyroko's NPC Server sucks so you can't log on.

Dach
03-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Same prob on Adiarde, plus Spark couldn't get on NC (buttons were flashing or something)

DarkShadows_Legend
03-30-2004, 05:18 AM
I'm having the same problem and was about to start a new thread. It seems that if I add a weapon and then log off and come back later I can no longer update the NPC-Weapon I had added and were doing updates on.

Deleting it and adding the same name didn't do anything. I still got the problem where changes were not being saved. I would have to delete it and give it a new name in order for any changes to be made.

Spark910
03-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Dach
Same prob on Adiarde, plus Spark couldn't get on NC (buttons were flashing or something)

Yeah the buttons just flashing away so I couldnt open the windows :O

Loriel
04-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Bump?
I experienced the same problem as the OP on debug.

Dach
04-03-2004, 01:25 AM
hmm, problem is still occuring on Adi, I found that if I copy the weapon script, delete the weapon and recreate it, I can work as normal. But that is just bypassing the problem, not fixing it. I also seem to be having problems with clientr.strings saving, I'm quite confident the script was working some time ago, and other scripts just like it work. But the health strings don't like saving longer than .1 seconds or so (I'm looking to see if any other scripts are affecting it, but no avail, if it is another script, I didn't make it).