PDA

View Full Version : Gani Scripts

-Ramirez-
03-25-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if this was a bug or if it was intentional... but if it was intentional, I would like to have it fixed. :/

Gani scripts don't begin executing for 0.05 seconds after the gani is displayed (when used in showani and shoot... maybe on the player as well, although I haven't tested that). This causes a brief flash if you have the script displaying an image that needs to be there RIGHT as the gani is drawn.

You can place the showani or shoot script completely by itself in the SCRIPT block and it will still have a delay. So it's not a problem with the events not being called or something. The entire script isn't parsed until 0.05 seconds after the gani is displayed. However, sprite definitions that are used in the ANI block are immediately displayed...

I've done a ton of testing with this, so if I'm simply doing something wrong, I don't see how.

Dach
03-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Hmm, I see what you mean, putting the script portion of the gani in front of the ani section doesn't do anything either (only thing I could think of)

Polo
03-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Im guessing this is because the scripting engine in Graal works on a timer of 0.05 seconds for events and things. When you call to display the gani, it is shown immediately, but any events in your gani script (playerenter and created) will not be calle duntil the following 0.05 second timeout, as the current script processing has already begun.

Although I wouldn't know without looking at Graal source, I'd imagine this is the case, and as such I dont know if it can be fixed without rewriting the engine that handles scripting stuff.

Would be interesting to see what Stefan and Unixmad say on this issue :/