PDA

View Full Version : Divine imaginery

Satrek2000
03-25-2004, 01:37 AM
How do you imagine your diety to look like? In my personal frame of perception, avatars are but the strongest warriors of the god sent to aide their disciples, and the gods themselves can take whatever shape they want, yet they have a preferred one. If you loosely follow the same lines, i.e. the gods not looking like their avatars, I'd like to hear what you perceive them to be. If you have matching images, even better.

Crint_Eastawood
03-25-2004, 05:20 AM
I tihnk govannon looks like Gimli from LOTR, cept with a huge hammer.

Brad
03-26-2004, 04:35 AM
Leucetious like Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

GoZelda
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Leucetious; A huge guy with a blonde, spark-like beard and half-long hair, a crown of blue lightning and in one hand a spear of lightning, in the other a blue lightningbolt as a staff. He's riding a Gryphon made of clouds.

Loriel
03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Just google for pictures? :P

GoZelda
03-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Loriel
I imagine Ogma too look like you in art lessons :P

Satrek2000
03-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Loriel

That would be too easy, besides this is fun. Also, I doubt there would be any good pictures to be found, except maybe for Gov.

Hm... Brigid: beautyful woman with long, slightly curled gold-blonde hair, dressed in vines and leaves.

Originally posted by GoZelda

I imagine Ogma too look like you in art lessons :P

I wouldn't be surprised if a panther would attack you anytime soon fra that ;)

GoZelda
03-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

That would be too easy, besides this is fun. Also, I doubt there would be any good pictures to be found, except maybe for Gov.

Hm... Brigid: beautyful woman with long, slightly curled gold-blonde hair, dressed in vines and leaves.
What's up with all the love for blonde hair with girls? x-x'

I imagine Bile to look some sort of shadow... Using a large skull of some extinct giant animal as a helmet, and a staff of human ribs with thorns at the end.

Satrek2000
03-27-2004, 10:16 AM
What's up with all the love for blonde hair with girls? x-x'

Well, for a start, black hair doesn't fit a godess of nature and peace in my opinion, and she should have a natural color (not green or blue). That leaves the range from brown over red to blonde, and in my experience 'red-golden' or 'golden-blonde' hair is quite rare. Don't want your godess 0815, if you get me ;)

I imagine Bile to look some sort of shadow... Using a large skull of some extinct giant animal as a helmet, and a staff of human ribs with thorns at the end.

'My' Bile is a bit more solid, but I like the idea of the skull. Now if I could harness this software to render some organic forms... ah well, anyway...

Monkeyboy_McGee
03-27-2004, 03:01 PM
I'll post my view of them. I even drew lil' sketches in paint with my beloved tablet <3

I imagine leucetious as an old man, kinda like ramuh in the early FF games (havent played the playstation ones ;) ). He's in white robes, with a white beard and old face, but he has wild, flailing yellow hair, and if you can't imagine that, just imagine like, SSJ2-3 Goku from DBZ (even tho it sucks :P). He rides a stormcloud, and he carries a lightning bolt. He's one badass old man o_o

I imagine bile as, well, the picture shows it better than i can explain, really. Noone's ever seen his face, but judging by his skeletal hand they guess it's a skull. All they can see past the hood is two vivid glowing eyes. Yeah. He wears a kind of really big black cloak w/ hood, and under that he has a shiny breastplate (just because...he does, and because he isnt the grim reaper :p). His weapon is a scythe. He is followed everywhere by a sickly cloud of disease that kills all mortals that breathe even a whiff of it in :cool:

GoZelda
03-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
I'll post my view of them. I even drew lil' sketches in paint with my beloved tablet <3

I imagine leucetious as an old man, kinda like ramuh in the early FF games (havent played the playstation ones ;) ). He's in white robes, with a white beard and old face, but he has wild, flailing yellow hair, and if you can't imagine that, just imagine like, SSJ2-3 Goku from DBZ (even tho it sucks :P). He rides a stormcloud, and he carries a lightning bolt. He's one badass old man o_o
Leucetious looks like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons.

Satrek2000
03-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Cute! :D Even though they lack this certain divine superiority there, which mainly comes from a heroic posture and the "compliment on the pic or I'll smite you"-look ;)

Monkeyboy_McGee
03-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah it did look like sideshow bob but i couldnt be bothered to do it any better, lol.

I think leuc has that look, satrek, but i guess bile does just look like a character. Still, i think they look like gods nontheless o_o

Splke
04-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Bile could be anything but a reaper... i don't like that idea ;[

I don't have any real idea.. I'd guess Gov would be a short, hunched over dwarf with a viking helm on, full plate armor, leggings, and a hand axe in one hand, and a hammer in the other... blond beard and a really broad stance (since the armor is abit big for his body) .. yeah ;o i could get a pic easy, but blizzard would be mad ><