PDA

View Full Version : Free election


Satrek2000
03-24-2004, 06:27 PM
This sunday, there will be the Archipelagos' first free elections to determin a new mayor of Main Island. The election will take place in a special house for that occasion. If you want to apply, here are some rules:

- you have to be member of a kingdom
- your job will be to help new players and guide those who need it to proper roleplaying, whenever possible
- you will have to conduct a roleplaying-event, for which you can give out 5 event coins, and which will be upervised by the EMs
- if you are elected, you're the mayor of Main Island for 2 weeks, holding the rp-event will make that 4 weeks to the next election

To apply, all you have to do is send a forum-pm to both Satrek2000 and dNeonb with your roleplaying name and background story, short yet detailed, till friday. We will select three candidates till saturday, when the voting takes place. Everyone has 1 vote, and further details about the process will be given in due time. The votinghouse will be open from 18.00 to 23.00 o'clock (UTC +1).

GoZelda
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
*erects a political party*

Geno
03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
JOIN THE SWAMP PARTY!
VOTE FOR GENO!


;D

Monkeyboy_McGee
03-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Blah, have to be in a kingdom, that rules me out. Also hmm, should you make it so that only RPers can vote? ;)

Satrek2000
03-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
Blah, have to be in a kingdom, that rules me out. Also hmm, should you make it so that only RPers can vote? ;)

I'm afraid there's no fitting script command to check that ;). Besides, you could join a kingdom in order to gain the immense powers a mayor holds, and a possibility to date the ladies from Avalonia and Harmonia. Damn, we wanted to keep that part secret ;)

Geno
03-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000


and a possibility to date the ladies from Avalonia and Harmonia. Damn, we wanted to keep that part secret ;)
ok now i'm really in.

axman36
03-25-2004, 04:09 AM
I vote for Geno

--Chris--
03-25-2004, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry but this is the most silly event I've ever heard of...period. Yes! A popularity contest with a lenght of time too short to really determine anything very fairly and pmg yes _p_mg an RP story defines how much they know about the actual server - either you're gonna have to be really stupid or really biased.

"- your job will be to help new players and guide those who need it to proper roleplaying, whenever possible" What a fabulous prize, how do you determine that they can even sufficiently help new players?

I'm sure I could enter and win but I'm not going to promote this so to hell with that =/

Brad
03-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
I'm sorry but this is the most silly event I've ever heard of...period. Yes! A popularity contest with a lenght of time too short to really determine anything very fairly and pmg yes _p_mg an RP story defines how much they know about the actual server - either you're gonna have to be really stupid or really biased.

"- your job will be to help new players and guide those who need it to proper roleplaying, whenever possible" What a fabulous prize, how do you determine that they can even sufficiently help new players?

I'm sure I could enter and win but I'm not going to promote this so to hell with that =/

Quite ****y. I bet I can beat you.

Geno
03-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Brad


Quite ****y. I bet I can beat you.

you instantly win votes so it's not fair ;P

Satrek2000
03-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
I'm sorry but this is the most silly event I've ever heard of...period. Yes! A popularity contest with a lenght of time too short to really determine anything very fairly and pmg yes _p_mg an RP story defines how much they know about the actual server - either you're gonna have to be really stupid or really biased.

Maybe you're right. Maybe everything's crap and terrible and inspired by the devil himself. We'll see how it turns out. Feel free to hold your own events, bring up your own ideas, and show us how it is done. Till then, we'll see what comes from it, and maybe, only maybe, it works out in some less than terribly evil way.

Brad
03-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Geno


you instantly win votes so it's not fair ;P

Nah mad people hate me.


They block out the word c o c k y


wtf.

axman36
03-25-2004, 05:34 PM
I voted Geno for reasons, Brad was already king on almost every kingdom, sides hes not even on a kingdom, I dont get it why he isnt anyomre, he was a good Rper

Geno
03-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by axman36
I voted Geno for reasons, Brad was already king on almost every kingdom, sides hes not even on a kingdom, I dont get it why he isnt anyomre, he was a good Rper

i havnt even applied yet XD!
and i doubt bjorn and satrek would pick me anyways ;P

GoZelda
03-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Damn, we wanted to keep that part secret ;)
If i get mayor, the first thing i'm gonna do is keel you for telling my secret.

dNeonb
03-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Geno


i havnt even applied yet XD!
and i doubt bjorn and satrek would pick me anyways ;P

Why not? We don`t look at the name, only the story.
Everyone has the same chanse.

GoZelda
03-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by dNeonb


Why not? We don`t look at the name, only the story.
Everyone has the same chanse.
Even someone who has gone radical over years, been banned and corrupt several times and is on a 'bad-people list'? =/

Satrek2000
03-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Even someone who has gone radical over years, been banned and corrupt several times and is on a 'bad-people list'? =/

Always depends on how bad they are - and some people deserve a second chance, if only to lock them away properly afterwards (no, that's not against anyone in particular). Actually, I don't even have a bad-people-list... And you don't want to be on it :D

--Chris--
03-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Maybe you can actually make this one more well-thought? I sure can :) For starters you can actually make a longer period for voting time, add a questionaire with the application including if they were banned, how often they are online, a few server related questions, etc and require them to have 10 supporters just to get nominated as a candidate ^-^

Satrek2000
03-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Maybe you can actually make this one more well-thought? I sure can :) For starters you can actually make a longer period for voting time, add a questionaire with the application including if they were banned, how often they are online, a few server related questions, etc and require them to have 10 supporters just to get nominated as a candidate ^-^

You have some good points there, and I never doubted you wouldn't - we're working on it, and we'l see how it turns out - maybe we'll delay it by 1 week depending on the state of affairs today in the evening.

Oh, and feel free to do better whenever you feel like ;)

Brad
03-26-2004, 02:04 PM
shouldnt include if they were banned

not my fault staff sucks sometimes

GryffonDurime
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Good thing Zurkiba's not around anymore, he'd win and make Main Island a communist state.

--Chris--
03-27-2004, 10:06 AM
"Oh, and feel free to do better whenever you feel like"

I'm sure we both know I'm not capable ;) <---sarcasm if you didn't catch on <3 What I've said in this thread alone demonstrates it e_e

Satrek2000
03-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
I'm sure we both know I'm not capable ;) <---sarcasm if you didn't catch on <3 What I've said in this thread alone demonstrates it e_e

Didn't mean to offend you or your sarcasm, all I'm saying that I have no idea whether this Idea will turn out to be crap or gold, but I'd rather see it tried once or twice than trash it before it's even completely born.
Björn and I are currently thinking about delaying the the actual election for a week, specially with the whole of Graal being down for some time yesterdays (making me yell at my router, but that's a different story).

axman36
03-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Geno
quote:I voted Geno for reasons, Brad was already king on almost every kingdom, sides hes not even on a kingdom, I dont get it why he isnt anyomre, he was a good Rper


i havnt even applied yet XD!
and i doubt bjorn and satrek would pick me anyways ;P Originally posted by Geno
JOIN THE SWAMP PARTY!
VOTE FOR GENO!


;D ok, Im confused now

GoZelda
03-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by axman36
ok, Im confused now
Why do your posts make so little sense?

Satrek2000
03-30-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Why do your posts make so little sense?

Because he's confused. Seeing the way he cross-quotes, I have no trouble believing that.

GoZelda
03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000


Always depends on how bad they are - and some people deserve a second chance, if only to lock them away properly afterwards (no, that's not against anyone in particular). Actually, I don't even have a bad-people-list... And you don't want to be on it :D
Mh. If USA would follow this sort of system, Osama Bin Laden could become president.

axman36
03-31-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Why do your posts make so little sense? sorry, I do that in other forums, it qoutes the qoutes, lol

Satrek2000
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Mh. If USA would follow this sort of system, Osama Bin Laden could become president.

There's a "slight" difference between terrorism and gk-corruption. Besides, I said it depends ;)

Damix2
03-31-2004, 10:59 PM
So are the elections off, or delayed a week or what?

dNeonb
03-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Damix2
So are the elections off, or delayed a week or what?
The elections are this saturday.

Kaiser2
04-02-2004, 02:55 AM
I'll send in my RP story this Friday if I can. (Um, do you wish for us to include why our characters wish to become mayor?)

Vote for Vlad, and get free Brownies! :D
(Along with relatively large stacks of platinum passed under the table. )

Just kidding. :P

(Make that VERY large stacks of platinum.)

Satrek2000
04-02-2004, 02:31 PM
A little explenation about why your character wants to apply would be nice, though not as important as a general rp-story. Besides, it is friday here right now, and the end of the application phase draws nearer...

--Chris--
04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
A questionaire to determine their knowledge within the server seems to be the most important thing but not included...hmm...genious!

GoZelda
04-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
(Make that VERY large stacks of platinum.)
Deal.

WanDaMan
04-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Who's actually signed up?

Damix2
04-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan
Who's actually signed up?

I submitted an application, didn't really do a great job on my story though I had to cut a lot of parts out to keep it short

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-03-2004, 12:34 AM
I didnt bother signing up. I do like RPing, but i just can't find the motivation to play GK anymore, it sucks. Plus i'm not in a kingdom and im not about to join one just for this :rolleyes:

GoZelda
04-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I signed up, but because the elections are delayed i can't be Mayor for i have two weeks away (vacation).

Damix2
04-04-2004, 02:45 AM
The polls opened today

To vote:

Go to bomboria voting house, left of post office.
Read all the RP stories
say :vote # for who you like the best
1-left (me)
2-middle(Geno)
3-right(Derikuru Sherinu)

I might of mis spelled the last one, sorry!

Let the best canidate win *cough* vote for me *cough*

Geno
04-04-2004, 03:14 AM
Geno for Grand Emperor!!!





ah *cough*

i mean....
mayor!

MarkB
04-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
I'm sorry but this is the most silly event I've ever heard of...period. Yes! A popularity contest with a lenght of time too short to really determine anything very fairly and pmg yes _p_mg an RP story defines how much they know about the actual server - either you're gonna have to be really stupid or really biased.

"- your job will be to help new players and guide those who need it to proper roleplaying, whenever possible" What a fabulous prize, how do you determine that they can even sufficiently help new players?

I'm sure I could enter and win but I'm not going to promote this so to hell with that =/


You don't play GK, so what does it matter to you?


And trust me, you wouldnt win. :]

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by MarkB



You don't play GK, so what does it matter to you?


And trust me, you wouldnt win. :]

You don't play GK either, so what does it matter to you?

--Chris--
04-05-2004, 05:38 AM
I don't play? Dude, I'm on dayly and furthermore that statement of me not being capable of winning is pretty stupid. Why the hell did you even post?

KyJe27
04-05-2004, 07:42 AM
I agree this event is flawed... I see somebody chilling with their "leet" Mayor tag ignoring all their duties after about a month of hard work.:o

Please don't respond saying "I wont do that!" or other propaganda crap to this post.

GoZelda
04-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Why the hell did you even post?
Because he's pissed off because people don't like him as Pirates' Governor, that's why.

Satrek2000
04-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KyJe27
I agree this event is flawed... I see somebody chilling with their "leet" Mayor tag ignoring all their duties after about a month of hard work.:o

In that case, it wouldn't be the event but the mayor that's flawed. We will try to prevent that from happening, and if it does, I'll just deactivate the safety on my wand, and we'll have a new election, taking into account and "bugs" that might turn up.

--Chris--
04-07-2004, 05:34 AM
Geno's account ran out =(
Heh, nice choices ;)

Satrek2000
04-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Geno's account ran out =(
Heh, nice choices ;)

*makes a note* Additional requirement for the next election: being alive during the whole 2/4 weeks ;)

Geno
04-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000


*makes a note* Additional requirement for the next election: being alive during the whole 2/4 weeks ;)

bah i had no idea my account was about to run out XD
it's ok i'm back now
(but only on saturdays ;[)

Satrek2000
04-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Geno
bah i had no idea my account was about to run out XD

I believe you get the remaining time displayed every time you start the client ;)

Myomoto
04-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Geno


bah i had no idea my account was about to run out XD
it's ok i'm back now
(but only on saturdays ;[)

And sundays :O

Damix2
04-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Because of time restarints I have decided not to hold an event and not continue to be mayor for the next 2 weeeks, let there be another election.

Also, if the winner of the election is having trouble formnig a good event just PM me, I had a eautiful one that I would hate see go to waste.

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Hm, im not in a kingdom but, can i enter this time? :rolleyes:

Dehitay
04-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Out of curiosity, instead of one event for 5 coins?
Can we do a number of events and split the coins as prizes amongst them?
....assuming we win in the first place >=P

Satrek2000
04-16-2004, 02:29 PM
The event is supposed to work at least partly with groups, hence the amount of coins. Maybe, if the first one is done successfully, we could talk about more.

Also, Damix, you should have notified us earlier, it's a bit late to collect applications. Björn and I will talk it through, and it's well possible that we will postpone it to next weekend and leave Main Island in anarchy for a week... well, you won't notice, anyway ;) But as said, nothing's set yet.

thelostviking
04-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Is the mayor really in action?
He should write a blog of his activities on the board so that we know if we can reellect him.

Dehitay
04-16-2004, 08:05 PM
late to collect applications?
couldn't you just start now and then have the reelection as soon as possible
I'm a bit more excited about it this run around and want to apply myself

Satrek2000
04-16-2004, 08:15 PM
We want to do it properly and not in a rush, and it's friday, which is a little late for the weekend - as it already is weekend, in some way. We will go through this first mayor's reign and see whether we can improve the system in some way, and will hold a new election if we're done with that. You will be notified when applications are required ;)

Damix2
04-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
The event is supposed to work at least partly with groups, hence the amount of coins. Maybe, if the first one is done successfully, we could talk about more.

Also, Damix, you should have notified us earlier, it's a bit late to collect applications. Björn and I will talk it through, and it's well possible that we will postpone it to next weekend and leave Main Island in anarchy for a week... well, you won't notice, anyway ;) But as said, nothing's set yet.

Very sorry, a friend had a death in the family.

Satrek2000
04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Damix2
Very sorry, a friend had a death in the family.

In that case I apologize if my comment didn't come out right.

GoZelda
04-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000


In that case I apologize if my comment didn't come out right.
Is it just me or is your graal homepage wacked?

Weralligator
04-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Is it just me or is your graal homepage wacked?

I think he changed the main page :O
You can get to the normal site from www.satrek.de i think... I think he deleted the old page. The graal section got moved...

Satrek2000
04-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Not really the right place for that, but recently I removed all old and half-baked versions (started with a german one, a translation to english, a new structure for both, newer structure for the english one, half translation for the german to adapt, etc...). www.satrek.de/graal/index.php contains all the graal stuff for now, including a list of what has been updated recently.

Myukoi
04-19-2004, 06:16 AM
I'm sorry, but i cannot read through the whole thread right now. A new episode of "Charmed" is about to appear on telivision, but i would like to know who won this event, and when is the next one coming? I would like to warn some people who i believe would be slightly better for the position (aka: talus, etc people i don't remember)

Satrek2000
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Myukoi
I'm sorry, but i cannot read through the whole thread right now. A new episode of "Charmed" is about to appear on telivision, but i would like to know who won this event, and when is the next one coming? I would like to warn some people who i believe would be slightly better for the position (aka: talus, etc people i don't remember)

Why would you need to warn people about it, do the think the event is going to get into a godzilla-mood and trample them? :p
As for the first election, Damix won it, but he resigned for personal reasons after two weeks, so there will be a new election, likely next weekend.

Monkeyboy_McGee
04-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Myukoi
I'm sorry, but i cannot read through the whole thread right now. A new episode of "Charmed" is about to appear on telivision, but i would like to know who won this event, and when is the next one coming? I would like to warn some people who i believe would be slightly better for the position (aka: talus, etc people i don't remember)

Im going to have to kill you for watching charmed, you know...:rolleyes:

Shuki Oppenheimer 4 Mayorz

Myukoi
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM
I paid for it. O__O I'm getting in my sailor moon season s boxset dvd today, and since i watched charmed last night i had a dream about the charmed ones turning into sailor scouts PGSM style and kicking ass.. and i controlled sailor uranus, AKA: pheobe.
Mmk, back on topic. By warn i meant this one sucked, no offense but those stories were like so boring. Talus read geno's, and was like WTF that never happened.

Myomoto
04-19-2004, 09:30 PM
charmed sucks, always have, always will. sorry.

GoZelda
04-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Wow, really on-topic we are now, eh? :rolleyes:

Myukoi
04-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Myomoto
charmed sucks, always have, always will. sorry.
in your opinion, but in mine and alot of others it owns, well used to. oh, and why the hell didn't you enter gozelda? your very active around graal and stuff.

Myomoto
04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Wow, really on-topic we are now, eh? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah :cool: (I don't spam very much, atleast let me have a little bit? :()

Dehitay
04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
NEVER!!!
When do we send in applications for the next election?
Can we have the next one this weekend?
unless Damix wants to host after all

Myukoi
04-25-2004, 07:10 PM
It's sunday. Bleh.