PDA

View Full Version : Map image problem.

DIABLO2099
03-23-2004, 01:22 AM
When creating the png image for a map (pressing m in the editor), it seems that Graal is not interpreting certain parts of the text file (gmap and old txt method). The results of this are gaping wholes in the overworld. To correct this I go use a graphic tool and just get the map parts saved in automapping and just add them on. The text file is done correctly, for my levels are connect properly on and offline. I would just like to see if anyone else has/had this problem and how they coped with it.

Purpose of the thread is to also voice this problem.

Edit: What I mean by gaping holes are that entire levels are missing from the map image.

Trevor
03-23-2004, 06:51 AM
Similar thing use to happen to me in older version of Graal. I think my solution was to make sure the Graal client help focus during the whole process. Also, try to make sure you don't have any other applications open using large ammounts of system memory,

DIABLO2099
03-25-2004, 12:11 AM
Hm, still to no avail. I tried creating the map on a fresh restart but its still no good. Anyone else with maps consisting of hundreds of levels ever run into this?

Polo
03-25-2004, 02:06 PM
The last time I used the map image generator all the level came out in completely the wrong places, with black holes here and there. That was a few years back with the automapper first came out though. i think I must have been doing somthing wrong haha.

DIABLO2099
03-26-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Polo
The last time I used the map image generator all the level came out in completely the wrong places, with black holes here and there. That was a few years back with the automapper first came out though. i think I must have been doing somthing wrong haha.
The sad thing is, I am not doing anything wrong x.x (at least I think so because the levels all connect correctly and are seen as one big level)