PDA

View Full Version : New Events Master!

Geno
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
i would just like to say thank you to stefan and bjorn and satrek who made this possible.

i'm the new "Trial" Events master and i will be holding events for event coins often!

hope you guys have fun at my events! some will be the redular events but i will try and make some fun role playing ones too.

Kaiser2
03-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Go Geno! :D

--Chris--
03-16-2004, 04:06 AM
Ewww...... often ;-;

Geno
03-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Ewww...... often ;-;
most frown upon inactivity, but not you my good man, not you.

skyler87
03-16-2004, 03:52 PM
:O
Now you need to hurry up and get your regular EM tag so you can stop holding events alltogether and just sit there all the time :)

Geno
03-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by skyler87
:O
Now you need to hurry up and get your regular EM tag so you can stop holding events alltogether and just sit there all the time :)
ha. ha. ha.

whats with all the negativity in this thread? :F

Satrek2000
03-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Showing too much enthusiasm about being Trial EM will likely result in a lack of enthusiasm if you make full EM ;)
Besides, the topic is misleading, it leaves out the trial part - and I'd say 3 events per week is a good max.

GoZelda
03-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Ah crap i thought there was some sort of contest to get new EM's, i put up my hopes for nothing x-x'

Well good luck. Don't go corrupt! And if you do, make sure i'm on the positive receiving end, but can't be blamed or banned okay?

Geno
03-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by GoZelda
make sure i'm on the positive receiving end, but can't be blamed or banned okay?
stab----> [==][]=======> ): <-posotive end

Satrek2000
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
((I'm in the mood for some roleplaying))

The cloaked figure walks down the nocturnal street towards a door that's been quite thoroughly locked with boards and nails. Something reflects the streetlamp's light as he produces a gilden wand from inside his cloak. The silence is ripped apart by his knocking on the door.
No answer.

I know you're in.

The man's voice remains calm, yet it carries through the whole area as if it was bypassing walls and stone. Something gets tripped over inside, and steps can be heard. The cloaked man gently taps the wand against the door again. As if hit by a rampaging evilbomy, it flies backward into the room and comes to a rest at the other side of the house.
Quietly, the mage enters and walks toward the noise, which became more panicked as the door left.

I said I know you were here. Just tell me one thing: why did you do it?

Barely illuminated by the light from outside, a panicked figure is trying to scramble over a pile of boxes arranged to delay anyone seeking to enter from the other side. They also di a good job in this direction, and after a few strides, the cloaked man is next to him, hauling him to his feet.

You thought you'd get away with this?

His wand comes up and waves in front of the shaking man's face, his eyes, barely visible, fixed to the wand's ruby tip, while the man lowwers his hood.

We trusted you in extending our reach, yet you betray us? Not only did you keep some things for yourself that were not yours', but you also stole from someone who trusted you based on your affiliation with us. But it doesn't matter anymore.

He pushes the other man back against the pile of boxes.

But it doesn't matter anymore. The verdict has been spoken. Did you really think you could bury the truth from us?

Hope shimmers in the other's eyes.

Yes, maybe I have mercy...

Turning arround, the Archmage leaves the building. Among the empty boxes meant to prevent such an encounter, Geno relaxes and troes to get up. Out on the street, Satrek takes a deep breath and looks up, glancing at the first stars to come out between the clouds.

Or maybe not.

Turning arround, he bends down and lightly touches the pavement with his wand.

Maybe not.

A low rumbling can be heard, and any bystander would have said that it came from under the street, moving towards the house the Archmage had just left. Yet by now, everyone was seeking cover behind curtains and under their pillows. Only Geno heard the rumbling approaching him, and growing louder directly under his house.
Walking away, Satrek did not turn arround when a huge pillar of fire broke through the house's roof, illuminating this quarter of the town and casting short-lived shadows on the ground in front of him. As pieces of wood, stone and hay hit the ground all arround him, Satrek pulls his hood up again and walks home in silence.

((Geno has done some things that made Björn and me reconcider our decision. As he was still in trail, he is no longer Events Master.))

GoZelda
03-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
<Story>
Holy crap that was great.

Make me new events boy.

Kaiser2
03-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Aww...that sucks. :[

Geno
03-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Excuse me?

"We trusted you in extending our reach, yet you betray us? Not only did you keep some things for yourself that were not yours', but you also stole from someone who trusted you based on your affiliation with us. But it doesn't matter anymore."

satrek gave me 10 event coins.
i gave out all of the coins but 2
i bought an EA with the last 2 (FROM THE EVENTS SHOP) and held an event for it.
and i stole from someone using my "affiliation"?

maybe you would care to explane?
:/

you can ask anyone who played from 5 oclock to 10 oclock Central time how my events were.
they sure let me knew they liked them :/

you can role play but your not too professional.

Oh, and by the way satrek, Geno wears a flame retartant cloths, try and ice piller next time.

Limelight Panda
03-20-2004, 12:48 AM
I don't think geno did it, I remember him hosting all of those events. A lot of people got coins, like me, emily,rygell, and some others too.. Maybe there is a misunderstanding.

Satrek2000
03-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Geno
satrek gave me 10 event coins.

Björn gave them to you.

i gave out all of the coins but 2
i bought an EA with the last 2 (FROM THE EVENTS SHOP) and held an event for it.

You pmed us that the last event you held was a "big trivia" where you gave out 2 coins. You never mentioned an EA to us, specially as you could have asked for other items to give out. For example, according to the tradelogs, you only gave out 3 at your testevent where you were supposed to give out 5.

and i stole from someone using my "affiliation"?

There has been a story about you scamming someone which could not be ruled out - yet, it is not the reason for this all. Neither is your behaviour in the forums, as personally, I don't think "bastard" has been removed from my list of "bad words" just yet.

maybe you would care to explane?
:/

Care to explain why we found 2 bury bags with at least 5 coins inside which you burried on Main and Event Island? 3 guesses on who burried them, first 2 don't count.

you can role play but your not too professional.

Oh, and by the way satrek, Geno wears a flame retartant cloths, try and ice piller next time.

I do this kind of roleplaying in another forum all the time, and nobody ever complained - then again, nobody ever tried to come up with such an excuse afterwards. ;)

I was in the mood for roleplaying, so I did - if you want, we can start a forum-rp-thread right here, but we'd have to stick to some rules then. If my roleplaying isn't good enough for you, I should have simply said "Door's to your left" ;)

Geno
03-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Bjorn watched me hand out all of my event coins at my test event -_-
I gave Bjorn all 5 accuont and the nicknames, you can ask each person because you will have their nicknames and their accounts.
you found 2 burry bags with over 5 event coins in each!?
i was only givin 10 event coins TOTAL.
so thats not even possible.
as for the scamming thing where is the proof man? what item did i scam? from who? how did i scam it using my affiliation with the events team?

satrek, the trade logs only show when you safe trade stuff )safe mode)...i think, otherwise you would of figured out that, i dropped 2 of the coins on the ground which the winners picked up (at my test event) because it would not let me safe trade them. like i said bjorn has a list of the account names and nicknames of that events, check into it yourself.

and i have nothing aginst your role playing, it's just a little one sided. (by the your not too professional remark i was trying to say, you need to consider all options before taking such actions)

Edit: I JUST VISITED MY PERSONAL STASH OF EVENT COINS, THE ONES I HAVE TRADED FOR AND THE ONES I HAVE WON IN OTHER'S EVENTS. AND THEY WERE REPLACED WITH 5 GOLD COINS!
SATREK. WHAT. THE. HECK!?!?
gah sorry for all of the caps but is thatw as you were talking about!? you sid you found 2 bags with 5 coins in them, i have had 1 bag buryed with my personal stash...i dunno what the heck the 2nd bag you found is, but dude seriously this is a misunderstanding >.<

Satrek2000
03-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Granted, the logs don't show everything.
But you were told to give the coins out via safetrade, or, failing that, via trading tables, and you didn't.
You posted here that you traded 2 coins for an EA to give it out. (Not asking us about getting an EA to event off is certainly not a crime, even though it would have been a good idea). Before, you forum-pmed us asking for more coins, saying that "with my last 2 coins i held a big trivia event so the people who tied each got a coin." See the contradiction?
2 bury bags were found, one held 5 coins, one held 1. Both were placed by you. The different contens rules out the possibility of it being the same bag, for all I can tell.
It is possible that the one holding five coins were your own - even though keeping them in a bury bag would be quite risky. Yet that doesn't explain the other bag.
As for my roleplaying, I'm afraid I don't know which "not too professional remark" you're referring to - Björn and I did consider the options.

Geno
03-20-2004, 08:58 PM
ok i will admit. i did make some mistakes in not safe trading stuff so it all showed on up on the logs.
i admit i should of asked about the EA thing first.
i held the EA event before the triva event with the last 2 coins, so i didn't buy an EA with my last 2 coins iw as wrong, it is kinda easy to get lost in these tideous details x_x.

as for the bag with 5 coins, yes that was mine

but the bag with 1 coin in it that you say was buryed by me, i honistly have no explination for that, i don't recall ever doing such and i was thinking...do the logs show the date it was burryed? that might help. Bjorn said it was on Events Isalnd too.
i want to say i might of started to hold an event were someone digs up the coin while i give them hints on where it is....but i don't remember if i held that event or not. so i really can't say anything on that last coin because that is just really bizzar.

i guess in the end all i can say is, i made some mistakes, but it was a fun run while it lasted, it's just too bad it was short-lived.

dNeonb
03-20-2004, 09:08 PM
The last date for the one on main.gmap was
Time: Thu Mar 18 07:10:30 2004
And the one on g2k2eventisland.gmap was added about a day before.

Geno
03-20-2004, 09:10 PM
damn that is just too weird...
i feel like a fool for no being able to remember burrying a bag a day before....
bah, oh well what can be done.

Satrek2000
03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
You made mistakes, and while you certainly did some good things, there were too many and you were still on trail. I'm sorry if things were exaggerated, and we will look into the contens of the first bag being your own and see to them being returned if they are. Maybe you'll be given another chance sometime, but we'll wait for the dust to settle on this one first.

Dark-Dragoon
03-21-2004, 03:48 AM
so geno got fired..three minutes after hiring?
well, that's just geno being geno, getting put down by the MAN.

Geno
03-21-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Dark-Dragoon
so geno got fired..three minutes after hiring?
well, that's just geno being geno, getting put down by the MAN.
hahaha
it was mroe like 3 days xD
[email protected]