PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms & Roleplaying

MysticHaste
03-05-2004, 08:35 AM
It seems clear to me that kingdoms and their leaders don't put enough effort in to get members Roleplaying, Several attempts at roleplaying were made with all kingdoms (except forest) by myself, all unsuccessful, except one, but all kingdoms seem to have people not roleplaying at all (or not even replying in a roleplay-ish sense (THE ISLAND IS IS ON THE TOP OF THE MAP NUB))

I am Disapointed, but I'm sick of the kingdoms going to waste, I'd like to know what you think of having the kingdoms similar to the Gangs on ERA (Don't bag this straight away) The gangs on Era are constantly active, there is always wars and such, which is fun (I just hate guns)

So I was thinking Seeing how noone roleplays, why doesn't someone make it official, just start having wars and such, GK is not an ideal place to roleplay, there are no tools for it and its just too god damn hard.

I only wish for something to be done, the limbo GK is in now SUCKS.

Satrek2000
03-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Do the leaders prevent anyone from roleplaying? I don't think so. While some could do more, it's up to the players to do the actual roleplaying. The leader is there to lead and administrate the kingdom, not to rp for all his members who are too lazy to do it themselves.

SlikRick
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I say just leave them the way they are.

MysticHaste
03-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Do the leaders prevent anyone from roleplaying? I don't think so. While some could do more, it's up to the players to do the actual roleplaying. The leader is there to lead and administrate the kingdom, not to rp for all his members who are too lazy to do it themselves.

You may have missed my point or chose to ignore it, I mean no offense to anyone.

Its just that if someone is going to parade an RP tag, They should be forced to RP whilst they are wearing that tag, even if they don't initiate an RP of sorts, they could at least reply in an RP manner.

Eg of 'forced' RP

I am searching for the dock to Dustari, as I wish to widen my characters horizons I happen to see someone of Dustari character and uniform (Kingdom tag)

I say:
Greetings nobleman, you wouldn't happen to be of the Dustarians?

"Full" RP reply (not what I would neccisarly need, but if they want to engage a converse they could say something like this):
Indeed, I am of Dustari, I currently out doing some trades, so I am headed to Bomboria village.. Anything I can do too help you?

Basic RP reply (Just a simple reply, someone who doesn't feel like RPing A lot (or isn't in the mood) would do this, this is all that I would like to see 'enforced'):
Indeed, I am, can I help you?

Example of OOC whilst on tag (Just some idiot wearing a Dustari tag and not RPing in anyway):
Would either completely ignore you or Say something like "**** off"
(Which I got, from many people who were on Tag)

I Just want to see behavior such as the 3rd stopped when people wear a kingdom tag. (Granted I wasn't wearing a Kingdom tag either, But still they could have given me a basic RP answer.)

Splke
03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Like I said to Raelyn, 'Goto Valikorlia if you want enforced RP...'

Kingdoms is dead, has been for awhile, stop trying to think of ways to 'bring it back'... it will never happen.

Satrek2000
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Forced RPing won't work. It's something to have fun with, and if it's forced, it doesn't do the trick. If you don't want to roleplay, then you won't. Besides, to my knowledge pms are concidered ooc unless both agree on rping through them.

MysticHaste
03-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Forced RPing won't work. It's something to have fun with, and if it's forced, it doesn't do the trick. If you don't want to roleplay, then you won't. Besides, to my knowledge pms are concidered ooc unless both agree on rping through them.

I know pms are OOC.

The tests I did were all In game.

Satrek2000
03-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Well, I still think there should be a log for chattext in some way - I tend to miss hald the lines, while others are way too long for that and block others out, make the screen a mess and you have no way of checking back later.

Certainly, that's no excuse for not rping there - but still it is up to the players, and forcing it wouldn't do the cause any good.

MysticHaste
03-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Your missing my point, What I'm saying is (Kingdoms THE ACTUAL Kingdoms, not the server) should be enforced RP on Tag, so if you don't want to RP don't tag on, I feel that should be enforced, OR RPing with wars should be scrapped also, and make it so there are wars MUCH More often, thus giving a reason to participate in a kingdom, at the moment, being in a kingdom is like being in a classic guild.

Satrek2000
03-07-2004, 05:49 PM
I see your point, but my point remains as far as the forcing is concerned - besides, how is a kingdom supposed to watch over every member at all times? As screenshots can be faked, there's also the chance of people getting wrongly accused. Besides, most kingdoms do have rules about rping on tag, but unless a player wants to, they won't.

Myukoi
03-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Splke

Kingdoms is dead, has been for awhile, stop trying to think of ways to 'bring it back'... it will never happen.
I agree 100%
Kingdoms is never going to have alot of roleplaying, only in dustari, and maybe in a few other kingdoms. Valikorlia is starting to have just a bunch of wars in masses too, i think an ideal place to rp is a wonderfully detailed level that is private and invite only, so everyone is IC, the only reason to get on would be to rp.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
03-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Myukoi

I agree 100%
Kingdoms is never going to have alot of roleplaying, only in dustari, and maybe in a few other kingdoms. Valikorlia is starting to have just a bunch of wars in masses too, i think an ideal place to rp is a wonderfully detailed level that is private and invite only, so everyone is IC, the only reason to get on would be to rp.

I made sure CP was for RPing only for a while... untill I was overthrown and outnumbered because I was enforcing RPing... -.-

Myukoi
03-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

I made sure CP was for RPing only for a while... untill I was overthrown and outnumbered because I was enforcing RPing... -.-
That's retard, you were great. CP is like samurai now, mark hires all kinds of *****s.

GTXOO
03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Splke

Right.

--

The only way for enforced roleplaying to occur , is if Stefan makes some crazy rule for Kingdoms// which he wont.

People like it the way it is, 'free' talking, pking, and leveling up.
Just like in any other game, as far as I know, the only games that dont have enforced RP are those text RPG's.

What im trying to say is, don't bother, just save your time asking for it. All you can do is wait until Stefan actually fixes kingdoms to have kingdom battles and other things.

Borgie
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
i think i already mentioned it...
i like RPing, but forcing is ALWAYS bad....

MysticHaste
03-09-2004, 04:57 PM
God damn.
READ What I'm typing.

Enforce RPING for those ON KINGDOM TAGS.

Sure Its hard to keep watch, but if someone is complained about multiple times it becomes clear they need to be seen too and warned or whatever.

If you don't want to RP... DON'T JOIN A KINGDOM.

People not in kingdoms should be able to enter/leave bmode without a tag.

WanDaMan
03-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MysticHaste
God damn.
READ What I'm typing.

Sure Its hard to keep watch, but if someone is complained about multiple times it becomes clear they need to be seen too and warned or whatever.

Kingdoms don't have to RP if they don't want to...

MysticHaste
03-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan

Kingdoms don't have to RP if they don't want to...

Then if they're not RPing, I'd like to see a load more activity, seeing how there is no point in Peace.

I just want one thing or the other, Either good RP or Lots of Activity, Wars, betrayal etc.

busyrobot
03-10-2004, 07:10 AM

I do.

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48273

In fact, whenever we recruit, we rp the entire citizenship ceremony at the castle. (Yes, can be cumbersome, but its fun, and gets everyone together, and we often will do an event or two if we can afterwords)

RPing is for fun. There are times I break the rules. For instance, I don't use ((oocs)) in text chat if I am explaining to a new player how to bless, and I am not going off tag just to do that ooc correctly.

I correct RPing mistakes when I see them on tag, usually with a PM so the person doesn't feel 'outed' in a toguild.

The solution is not in enforcement, ie, coming down on people who don't use ((oocs)).

So what if you get everyone using ((oocs)) all the time properly?
Its within Rp rules, then you never have to say an ic thing ever, always use ((oocs)).

But we aren't after total lockdown enforcement, we are interesting more people in, rping.

Better is to encourage rping, than diswading people from trying non-ooc comments.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
03-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot

I do.

I have no reason to believe you don't. But I have reason to believe someone isn't doing something (maybe other high officials should be enforcing RPing as well?). Besides what you mentioned, there's now (or has been recently) excessive non-RP talk going on with Dustarians that I've noticed. Maybe it just happens sometimes, I don't know... I havn't done one of my server-wide RP patrols lately to see how good and bad things are.

LoveableNalle
03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
God damn.
READ What I'm typing.

A person dont join a kingdom to RP they join to belong to a group of people whether it be thier friends or people they identify with.
Kingdoms is much more complicated than Valkorila is, there is so much work to be done in order to survive, then to advance is even more so. The way I see it , when you log on your already roleplaying unless you are an elf and stand 2 inches tall in real life. Forced RP doesn't work as its already been tried and failed.
Lets not forget this is a game. Games are meant to be fun. In real life your forced to do things you rather not do such as school, clean room, take out trash, or work etc. Why would people get on a game to be forced to do more things they dont want to do?
If you want more RPing hold RP events no one is stopping you.

Satrek2000
03-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by LoveableNalle
The way I see it , when you log on your already roleplaying unless you are an elf and stand 2 inches tall in real life.

Good point - after all, there're more than a few who pretend to be something that they aren't - irl, I mean, like pretending to be younger, older or less intelligent (you can't pretend to be more intelligent). In that light, the problems GK has aren't a lack of roleplacing, but too wide a diversity - people need to get their characters in a form that fits GK. But in effect, the problem remains the same.

MysticHaste
03-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, I'd love to see some activity .

busyrobot
03-12-2004, 05:14 PM
The only way to increase RPing is to do it.

Why always the complaining that its not happening, and none of the doing it?

With the talk to avoidance ratio so high, you'd think we were talking about excerise or something.

Come on, RP already.

BLOODY-SWORD
04-07-2004, 02:52 PM
ill have to disagree with nayoko, yes peaple shouldent be forced to do what they dont want, but if they dont want to RP then they shouldent join a kingdom, if they really want to just PK let them join a guild for it or nothing at all, but once they join a kingdom they should be made to RP, why not make it a rule?