PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Role-playing Races.

CaptainDax
03-05-2004, 03:16 AM
It has come to my attention that Zormite is completely and utterly underdeveloped in the region of racial differences in their Role-Playing community. That's why I suggest that we actually have a selection of races to choose from, other than just human and Zormite. The races that a few of the members and I have confirmed would completely diversify our members are the following.

Draconian: The Children of the Dragon. For more information, contact Megaegir Dax or Sidos Vlad.

Halflings: The Little People. These include Hobbits and the like. Contact Lochagos Ryma for more information.

Lycantheropes: The People of the Wild. These are the animal/people combinations, often known as 'Anthros', 'Anthropomorphics', and 'Furs'. Contact Chancellor Talus for more information.

Humans: Those who have had characters in previous nations are to be regular humans.

Dwarves: Sons of the Mountain. For more information, contact Megaegir Dax.

Zormites: The Fish People. Yes, the fish people. Again, contact Dax for information.

Elves: The Forest People. You should know who these guys are.

If you want more information about the races that will be RPed in Zormite in general, please IM me at Dax Issanni.

-Dax Nikkolas Issanni, Megaegir of the Zormite Republic.

Kaiser2
03-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Hm...I dislike the idea of having Dwarves and Elves in Zormite. Halflings seems okay...and Draconians would be stretching it, but the latter can still sorta fit into the Zormite background.

Brad
03-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Aren't Zormites fish? What the freak?

Kaiser2
03-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Well, Zormite is a kingdom, as well as a Race. So, it'd be possible to have other civilizations living in our kingdom as well as the Zormites. Though I say some should not be included because they wouldn't have anything to do with Zormite at all. :X

CaptainDax
03-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Having only one race is lame.

That would be like saying the United States of America should be all white people.

Myukoi
03-06-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by CaptainDax
Having only one race is lame.

That would be like saying the United States of America should be all white people.
I have to disagree, groups and kingdoms of one race may have some sort of meaning, perhaps the humans mistreated the zormite or something, i don't know.
And USA was made to have alot of people, wether treated nicely or not, but places like japan and such only have one type of person living there.

darkemporor
03-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Myukoi

I have to disagree, groups and kingdoms of one race may have some sort of meaning, perhaps the humans mistreated the zormite or something, i don't know.
And USA was made to have alot of people, wether treated nicely or not, but places like japan and such only have one type of person living there.

This is so not true. Racism most usually begins with being uninformed. Japan has MANY races living in their country.

As well, nowhere in my history books does it say the USA was 'made to have a lot of people'. (races, I assume you mean). I'm sure the Native Americans would strongly disagree. People migrated to America for many reasons we won't debate in this forum. But common sense (and real history) proves that it is acceptable to RP that many races can exist in Zormite.

The longer the Republic stands stable under consistent rule, the more diverse it's RP will become. Once and for all, Zormite will be what Zormitians of current day make it. Those who are not in Zormite currently, can have little influence in this matter.

Wren of Zormite, Dictatress

busyrobot
03-07-2004, 10:41 AM
I agree with Wren, multiple races - even dwarves - are okay.

All that is important, is that it does fit into an rp environment, such as, (just ideas):

Zormites:
original founding race of fish people, often living centuries old, have been dropping in numbers for the last part of Zormites history.

Humans:
Coming at first to live on the outskirts in human trade towns where business was done with the zormite people, humans eventually came to live amongst the zormites and became part of the kingdom, even its leadership and noblility, with no ill will or division between the races.

Dwarves:
During years of dwarven strife (plague, famine, war, take your pick), many dwarves left the mainlands to form communities within other kingdoms. A small group started to find homes near the mountains of (fill in banks) on Zormite. Many still come and contribute to the community of Dwarves there, and still participate in general zormite society.

Halflings/Animal People:
Not so much having historical roots on Zormite, these groups of people are generally wanderers and and adventurers who have happened to find they wished to make a home and settle in the nation. Some are born on Zormite, generally the children of parents whom settled on Zormite recently.

--Just ideas, but RP wise, it can work to have all kinds of races. I don't know enough about what a draconian is to comment on that.

Generally, more rp diversity is good, it leads to creative hooks people can use to add details to their RP characters unique characteristics, giving room for new ideas to spring of those.

I think its a great idea :D

Myukoi
03-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by darkemporor

This is so not true. Racism most usually begins with being uninformed. Japan has MANY races living in their country.

As well, nowhere in my history books does it say the USA was 'made to have a lot of people'. (races, I assume you mean). I'm sure the Native Americans would strongly disagree. People migrated to America for many reasons we won't debate in this forum. But common sense (and real history) proves that it is acceptable to RP that many races can exist in Zormite.

The longer the Republic stands stable under consistent rule, the more diverse it's RP will become. Once and for all, Zormite will be what Zormitians of current day make it. Those who are not in Zormite currently, can have little influence in this matter.

Wren of Zormite, Dictatress
really? i thought japan hated america and was just filled with americans. anyway maybe the zormites -are- racist, and only like themsleves. it may be no different then a clan of orcs, i doubt a clan of orcs who hate "hoomans" would allow them in there clan. maybe drow or something..

Satrek2000
03-07-2004, 05:34 PM

really? i thought japan hated america and was just filled with americans. anyway maybe the zormites -are- racist, and only like themsleves. it may be no different then a clan of orcs, i doubt a clan of orcs who hate "hoomans" would allow them in there clan. maybe drow or something..

A country can't hate another country - citizens can, though, but there's no such thing as "the citizens" in such terms. Japan, like the US, is made up by the opinions and likes and dislikes of people. Also, comparing Zormite with a band of orcs is probably not the best way to make a point, neither does the point here really apply - we're talking about a kingdom, not a marauding gang.

CaptainDax
03-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Negative comments on this decision are going to be ignored. Why? Because it's already been decided. We aren't racist. We're a peaceful group of people.

We would probably accept any race other than the dark-aligned ones, such as Drow, Orc, Troll, etc. Anything lawful or neutral would have a home in our republic.

And no arguing on this board.

busyrobot
03-12-2004, 05:20 PM

No.

Zormites are -not- racist. In 2k1 they were a zenophobic people, but uh, they haven't been at any time in GKs history. Why would you even want them to be?

RP a kingdom of racists? That's lame. Your assumption the entire race must all be racist is, well, I think there is a word for that I -just can't seem to remember it right now though.

GoZelda
03-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by CaptainDax
Drow,
Not rea33y dar2-a35gned. Rather 06re d5scr505ntated.

LordZen
03-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Just wanted to say that the United States and Japan are actually very close allies in today's world.

Time has for the most part already healed the wounds made in the early 1940's.

Myukoi
03-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by LordZen
Just wanted to say that the United States and Japan are actually very close allies in today's world.

Time has for the most part already healed the wounds made in the early 1940's.
really? i heard that the citezens of japan are mean to americans. cool i will visit one day. i guess it's just canada that hates us, or is that a lie too.

Satrek2000
03-14-2004, 08:21 PM

really? i heard that the citezens of japan are mean to americans. cool i will visit one day. i guess it's just canada that hates us, or is that a lie too.

If that's the way you see the world... Countries don't hate, only their citizens do - and most don't, because hate is something extreme. In addition, they may dislike certain traits of a country, or some political decisions their leaders made. Real hate of another nation is rare, and even that is avaliable in many different flavours. The world isn't black and white, you know.

CaptainDax
03-16-2004, 02:35 PM
A new race has developed.

The Saraphaine Race - Helpers of the gods Aengus and DianCecht. For more information, contact Emily Diane of Zormite.

Brad
03-16-2004, 04:52 PM
ORCSORCSORCSORCS

Kaiser2
03-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Orcs would be cool, but they're rather evil. Unless you happen to RP a kind orc and have a fantastic RP explanation for living on Zormite, I have to say no.

CaptainDax
03-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Draconian Racial Description:

The Draconian race is dying one. Very few will journey are willing to leave their nest in search of adventure and companionship. Their attitude towards anything that is not human or Draconian is quite bitter. In example, Dax Issanni and Vlad Taltos made comments and jokes while someone was telling a story. Only after Dax was forced to submit, did they sit down and listen to the story. They are usually fiercely loyal to eachother, and the humans they are close friends with. This race will usually use any means needed to attain their goal. Thus, they are a very hot-headed race indeed. Though they are quite loyal to their cause, just like their full-blooded brethren, the half-Draconians are usually easier to influence. A young half-Draconian can usually be taught to do wrong or right, and grow up fighting for that cause. The full-blooded Draconian has an incredible sense of justice, and is incredibly tough to change.

In physical features, it's quite obvious who is a Draconian and who isn't. The pupils of the Draconian are shaped like that of a cat, though there is no real reason for this. The finger nails are very claw-like, and sharp. Blade handles must be specially crafted so that the Draconic wielder doesn't dig into his own skin. Most Draconians are known to wear a head dress, which usually consists of a metal headband and 'fins' that cover their ears. Some Draconians are born with tails. The tails usually are a foot shorter than the Draconian. It's also about as thick as the specimen's waist, and steadily grows smaller to a point. The tail normally has spike running down the middle, though there are some exceptions to this. It has scales, much like those seen on the Dragon species, though not quite as sturdy. Some of the Draconians even have dragon-like wings, which are too small to be of any use. The wings are just for show, due to their size. They usually just flap about playfully when happy, droop when sad, et cetera. If the specimen has wings, it most likely doesn't have a tail. The Draconian's legs are quite powerful, and the dragon people are known to jump up to ten feet vertically. They can leap about the same amount horizontally, though it is sometimes longer.

The known Draconians are...

Dax Nikkolas Issanni
Dimitri Issanni
Vlad Taltos(Half-Draconian)

--Edits--
1. I finished up the behavior section, and also listed the current Draconians.
2. I added a few things to the physical features.

GoZelda
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Can't they also breath fire or something?

CaptainDax
03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
No. ;D They're pretty much just humans who jump high, with head dresses, wings, tails, claws, and fangs.

Giving too much power to a certain race destroys some aspects of role-playing.

--Edit, to prevent spam--

Selkie - A mighty race of battle wizards. Contanct Emily Diane for more information.