PDA

View Full Version : changeimgcolors, AP color, body part colors

jake13jake
02-29-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm probably going to get flamed for this thread, but it would be extremely useful to have vars for AP color and body part color to directly insert into the RGB slots of the changeimgcolors. Or maybe even having a changeimgcolors2 or something like that that would take #C0-#C4 colors, and AP values. This would be really useful for people who wanted to rescript the GUI for AP, rescript name tags but leave the AP-color feature, or make a graphical based part-color changing system.

jake13jake
03-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I gotta add font size, and max nickname length would also be good... As well as predefined conditions for just about everything that has a checkbox in the options. Then vars for the zooming offsets of alt+8/alt+9. Yes, that would be nice.

WanDaMan
03-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by jake13jake
I'm probably going to get flamed for this thread, but it would be extremely useful to have vars for AP color and body part color to directly insert into the RGB slots of the changeimgcolors. Or maybe even having a changeimgcolors2 or something like that that would take #C0-#C4 colors, and AP values. This would be really useful for people who wanted to rescript the GUI for AP, rescript name tags but leave the AP-color feature, or make a graphical based part-color changing system.
Why? there is easier ways...

jake13jake
03-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by WanDaMan

Why? there is easier ways...
What do you mean? Little newbies could get confused if you have a script that defies one of the client's options, therefore it would make sense to make it possible so that scripts could read the client's options.

WanDaMan
03-15-2004, 03:32 PM
I.E you?

dlang
03-15-2004, 09:30 PM
I.E you?

LOL

Marcu5
03-15-2004, 09:35 PM
Um, well thats why they learn how to do something. Are you suggesting that people know what they are doing even now?

You can do it easier but seriously, it wouldn't be that hard to pick up.

jake13jake
03-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Marcu5
Um, well thats why they learn how to do something. Are you suggesting that people know what they are doing even now?

You can do it easier but seriously, it wouldn't be that hard to pick up.

You're missing the underlying point...

Does it not make more sense to have ONE set of options instead of having two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sets of options?

Dach
03-16-2004, 07:58 PM

You're missing the underlying point...

Does it not make more sense to have ONE set of options instead of having two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sets of options?
the "two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sets of options" are having script access to f1 options and scripting everything, and guess what, the latter is always there, so there's never only one option

it sounds good, but it's better to just script it, not like its hard or anything

jake13jake
03-17-2004, 04:07 AM
I'm not saying that it's hard to script it... You'd probably have to go more out of your way to put vars from the f1 options, but when all is all, I'd rather make my scripts (ex. chat, nickname, etc.) so that they can read from those options.

-Ramirez-
03-17-2004, 05:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't rescripting nickname display or chat display lag when the player is moving? It has a delay... it trails slightly behind the player. I find that absolutely ANNOYING. Maybe there's a way of doing it that doesn't do that that I'm unaware of. If not, there's perfectly sound reason for the variables. Besides, they'd be quite useful for other situations. I'd rather be able to have a server use scripts that go solely off of the options I have set in Graal rather than have to configure everything separately.

Kristi
03-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't rescripting nickname display or chat display lag when the player is moving? It has a delay... it trails slightly behind the player. I find that absolutely ANNOYING. Maybe there's a way of doing it that doesn't do that that I'm unaware of. If not, there's perfectly sound reason for the variables. Besides, they'd be quite useful for other situations. I'd rather be able to have a server use scripts that go solely off of the options I have set in Graal rather than have to configure everything separately.

Make the name script part of the gani (PARAMETERS ANYONE?)
it wont lag behind =)

-Ramirez-
03-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Kristi
Make the name script part of the gani (PARAMETERS ANYONE?)
it wont lag behind =)
I was told about that before. I thought I had tried it once, and it still lagged or wasn't displayed correctly or SOMETHING. I should go try it again.

Yeah... just went and tested it. You're correct, it doesn't lag. I wonder what I did last time then... haha.

Even then... a variable for font size is required to make it perfect. (Yes, you could make them able to select it, but that's inconvenient.)

Kristi
03-17-2004, 08:48 AM

I was told about that before. I thought I had tried it once, and it still lagged or wasn't displayed correctly or SOMETHING. I should go try it again.

Yeah... just went and tested it. You're correct, it doesn't lag. I wonder what I did last time then... haha.

Even then... a variable for font size is required to make it perfect. (Yes, you could make them able to select it, but that's inconvenient.)

O,o its possible to calculate size in pixels dude...

-Ramirez-
03-17-2004, 09:03 AM
O,o its possible to calculate size in pixels dude...
I'm referring to the font size the player has selected in the F1 General Options.

Kristi
03-17-2004, 10:37 AM

I'm referring to the font size the player has selected in the F1 General Options.

You can integrate it into your own gui, or just use a text based command =P
i find either of those easier then hitting f1 anyway

WanDaMan
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
O it's really hard to script AP :

if(actionserverside){
with(getplayer(#t(1))){
playerap = #t(2);
}
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
if(created) setstring this.accounts,WanDaMan,other forum peoplez;

if(playerchats){
if(strcontains(#s(this.accounts),#a)){
tokenize #c;
if(startswith(/ap)){
triggeraction 0,0,serverside,#a;
}
}
}

So hard? :O

-Ramirez-
03-17-2004, 05:34 PM
As usual, people doing the obvious workarounds rather than getting the author to add things that should have been added to begin with. :P

I already said you can script a way for them to set it themselves, but it's annoying.

Kristi
03-17-2004, 06:25 PM

As usual, people doing the obvious workarounds rather than getting the author to add things that should have been added to begin with. :P

I already said you can script a way for them to set it themselves, but it's annoying.

But theres always something that needs to be added. The language is too dynamic, since the game evolves. Sitting around and moping something doesn't exist solves nothing now. You make a workaround, then you wait until it is added...

PS: Wanda... you missed the concept...

-Ramirez-
03-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Sitting around and moping something doesn't exist solves nothing now.
Obviously... but this is a forum for improvements, hence the suggestions.

WanDaMan
03-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah but its just a lazy command; if you leave it how it is they would have to learn serverside and clientsided commands aswell as having to learn how to get from one to another.

jake13jake
03-18-2004, 04:16 AM
O it's really hard to script AP :

if(actionserverside){
with(getplayer(#t(1))){
playerap = #t(2);
}
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
if(created) setstring this.accounts,WanDaMan,other forum peoplez;

if(playerchats){
if(strcontains(#s(this.accounts),#a)){
tokenize #c;
if(startswith(/ap)){
triggeraction 0,0,serverside,#a;
}
}
}

So hard? :O

I don't remember saying that it was hard to script AP?? Anyways, I'm not talking about AP in this thread, I'm talking about the colors associated with the AP.

Ex. gold for saints and blackish brown for fiends.

There are way too many RGB values to make an array worth something, and even if there's an equation to get the right RGB values, nobody's been made aware of it, or will attempt to try to find it because it's just too impractical.

You can't integrate the F1 Options into your own gui, that's part of the problem that is aroused in this thread. What if you wanted to make it so that you could change volume through a gui? It would come out as a decimal version of the F1 override volume. You can't extract font, font size, nick name limits, and other things from the F1 options. This also presents a problem. Of course you could script a secondary font size, but it would be the vice versa of the volume issue, your script would override the F1 options. This kind of paradox skews and obscures the visions for the effect of the final script.

What I would like to see to solve some of this paradox would either be the ability to completely override the F1 options, or the ability to add your own vars to the F1 options (this one's more practical). Also, the one thought that's not in question (in my mind) is the ability to read vars from the F1 options.

Dach
03-18-2004, 07:00 AM

There are way too many RGB values to make an array worth something, and even if there's an equation to get the right RGB values, nobody's been made aware of it, or will attempt to try to find it because it's just too impractical.

This seems to work pretty good, (I was really bored)

-Ramirez-
03-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Dach
This seems to work pretty good, (I was really bored)
Except that it lags on any computer you try it on.

WanDaMan
03-18-2004, 10:33 AM
playerap = 0 - red
God just change the value.. o.o

Kristi
03-18-2004, 11:29 AM
[BYou can't integrate the F1 Options into your own gui, that's part of the problem that is aroused in this thread. [/B]

nonono good sir, i said that because kat said you COULDNT read it.

I said I prefer just setting a text option for the CUSTOM name system, hense not needing F1 anyway. I personally would like that.

-Ramirez-
03-18-2004, 07:07 PM
...which is true.

jake13jake
03-18-2004, 10:00 PM

I said I prefer just setting a text option for the CUSTOM name system, hense not needing F1 anyway. I personally would like that.
I honestly think that you should be able to read it. The options section of this game is making it very unprofessional looking, to be honest... Not being able to even read them through scripts... Not being able to add to them, not being able to override them.. It's not a good deal.

-Ramirez-
03-19-2004, 01:20 AM
unprofessional looking
LMAO! Like...

DON'T USE UDP

When have you EVER seen a program that has an option with "DON'T do something" rather than "Do something" in a checkbox? omfg

jake13jake
03-19-2004, 03:26 AM

LMAO! Like...

DON'T USE UDP

When have you EVER seen a program that has an option with "DON'T do something" rather than "Do something" in a checkbox? omfg

You're absolutely right, but I was trying to refer more to the paradox of having two seperate sets of options that can override eachother on a case by case basis.

-Ramirez-
03-19-2004, 03:37 AM
but I was trying to refer more to the paradox of having two seperate sets of options that can override eachother on a case by case basis.
I know, I've just wanted to gripe about that for a long time.

I don't understand how some people can't see the benefits of certain additions to Graal. *cough* Hell Raven *cough* ;)

Kristi
03-19-2004, 04:02 AM

I know, I've just wanted to gripe about that for a long time.

I don't understand how some people can't see the benefits of certain additions to Graal. *cough* Hell Raven *cough* ;)

I didn't say i don't want it added. I said script around it until it was.

jake13jake
03-19-2004, 05:35 AM

I didn't say i don't want it added. I said script around it until it was.

Meaning you completely missed the purpose of the thread, oh well.... Yea, I've been trying to calculate the values for AP... I think I have the functions of the RGB values for 1-26.. but i have to make sure 26 fits the bill, first.

jake13jake
02-26-2005, 05:52 AM
Hahahaha, I feel like reviving an old thread. Anyway, I continue to want the ability to rw on default options. This script isn't the best, but it estimates AP color values pretty well. It isn't polished but I never intended it to be, let it be just a script to butcher into better scripts.

if (playerenters || timeout) {
enablefeatures 65023;
showtext 0,playerx + 24/16,playery + 47/16,courier new,cb,#n;
showtext 1,playerx + 25/16,playery + 48/16,courier new,cb,#n;
changeimgzoom 0,.6;
changeimgzoom 1,.6;
changeimgvis 0,3;
changeimgvis 1,2;
if (playerap in <20,73|) this.shadow = 0;
else this.shadow = 1;
if (playerap == 0) {
this.forecolorR = 0.2509;
this.forecolorG = 0;
this.forecolorB = 0;
this.backcolor = 0;
} else if (playerap <= 26) {
this.forecolorR = 0.0199 * playerap + 0.4810;
this.forecolorG = -0.0100 * playerap + 0.2627;
this.forecolorB = -0.0100 * playerap + 0.2627;
this.backcolor = -0.0100 * playerap + 0.2627;
} else if (playerap <= 55) {
this.forecolorR = 1;
this.forecolorG = 0.0417 * playerap - 1.0859;
this.forecolorB = 0.0417 * playerap - 1.0859;
this.backcolor = 0.0417 * playerap - 1.0859;
} else if (playerap <= 60) {
this.forecolorR = -0.1000 * playerap + 6.5027;
this.forecolorG = 1;
this.forecolorB = -0.1000 * playerap + 6.5027;
this.backcolor = -0.1000 * playerap + 6.5027;
} else if (playerap <= 63) {
this.forecolorR = -0.0490 * playerap + 3.4928;
this.forecolorG = 1;
this.forecolorB = 0.0498 * playerap - 2.5373;
this.backcolor = 0.0498 * playerap - 2.5377;
} else if (playerap <= 70) {
this.forecolorR = -0.0510 * playerap + 3.6157;
this.forecolorG = 1;
this.forecolorB = 0.0490 * playerap - 2.4869;
this.backcolor = 0.0498 * playerap - 2.5377;
} else if (playerap <= 99) {
this.forecolorR = 0;
this.forecolorG = -0.0340 * playerap + 3.3762;
this.forecolorB = 1;
this.backcolor = 1;
} else {
this.forecolorR = 0.8784;
this.forecolorG = 0.7686;
this.forecolorB = 0;
this.backcolor = 0;
}
if (this.forecolorR > 1) this.forecolorR = 1;
if (this.forecolorG > 1) this.forecolorG = 1;
if (this.forecolorB > 1) this.forecolorB = 1;
if (this.backcolor > 1) this.backcolor = 1;
changeimgcolors 0,this.forecolorR,this.forecolorG,this.forecolorB, 1;
changeimgcolors 1,this.shadow,this.shadow,this.backcolor,1;

timeout = .05;
}

I have learned so much since I created this thread. I actually did a script that worked better than this before, but I lost it, and I went about rescripting it yesterday. I'm too lazy to cut down the size of this script if somebody else wants to do it, okay!

Oh yea, and there are a few other things that one may want to modify when using this script.

-Ramirez-
02-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Hahahaha, I feel like reviving an old thread.
Not only is it an old thread, it's one where we got along. That's not a good thing. :)

jake13jake
02-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Not only is it an old thread, it's one where we got along. That's not a good thing. :)
Yes, that's one of the reasons I feel safe reviving it.

Allow me to add to this one of the most typical overcontrolled things: Volume. This is what my volume situation looks like

1. There's a volume control that's attached to the cord of my speakers.
2. There's a volume control that's on the back of my subwoofer that audio outs to the speakers.
3. There's a volume control on my computer that audio outs to the subwoofer.
4. There's a digital volume control on my computer (volume control).
5. In Graal, there's a volume control in F1 General Options

Why would a Graal Scripter want to confuse me with a 6th layer of volume control when I already have to deal with those five?