PDA

View Full Version : My server reviews for today:

freddyfox
06-19-2001, 09:21 AM
Unholy Nation:
Tiling:
There is some intricate tiling in some places, but a whole bunch of tile errors. Also, they have a large habit of using pre-defined objects...

NPC's:
There are NPC's? Where? I never saw a single showcharacter NPC anywhere. The only NPC I saw were the warp rings at the center of each town.

Content:
LOTS of content missing. (I.E: House insides, signs, etc.).

Baddies:
They managed to keep me on my toes as I exited the village. They were very well placed, and there were always a couple baddies shooting at me. Good job in this section, guys.

Plotline:
NONE that I can see. None at all.

Fun:
Well, there wasn't much to do, other than wander around. Since it's still getting content added, I will give it some slack, for now.

Overall:

A 5 rating. Not bad, but needs some work.

Teir'Dal:
I will review it once I get my special account subscription working.

More reviews as new servers are added.

Cloud_X
06-19-2001, 09:28 AM
*ahem*
My review of Unholy nations. I love this server mostly because of the players. however the server err..........let me put it this way I said "pimp" and got a level 3 shield!

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 11:08 AM
I feel really stupid but what are tile errors? I dont mean in general I wanna know specifically :confused:

SSmutz
06-19-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
I feel really stupid but what are tile errors? I dont mean in general I wanna know specifically :confused:
Well, levels are made up mostly of tiles (little pictures that are 16x16 pixels), found in the pics1.png file. A tile error, is having tiles that don't mix or connect properly. For example, if you see a little block of water in the middle of a grass area, that's a tile error. If I had graal on this computer, I could give a better example.

Lion'el-Jonson
06-19-2001, 11:27 AM
O.o

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 11:30 AM
Oh ok I got it. Thanks. One more question. When Geovanie reviewed my PW babylon, he said it had improperly linked levels. I can only guess what that means. I know it doesnt mean like a hotel linking to a cave because over 200 people tried the server out and i went around with them and I have checked all over. Could you tell me what he means by that???

FatherDante
06-19-2001, 01:19 PM
He meant some links didn't work or some links went to weird positions. If, for example, you go through a door and you come out near the door in the other level but a bit off (say, 1.5 tiles) that's a poor link.

toad1413
06-19-2001, 03:28 PM
Yeah. To get all links to be good links, they always have to have .5 added on to them. I only recently found that out:D But I'm redoing all my links like that.

grim_squeaker_x
06-19-2001, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by SSmutz

Well, levels are made up mostly of tiles (little pictures that are 16x16 pixels), found in the pics1.png file. A tile error, is having tiles that don't mix or connect properly. For example, if you see a little block of water in the middle of a grass area, that's a tile error. If I had graal on this computer, I could give a better example. I think my NPC testing levels always are one big tile error :rolleyes:

Slaktmaster
06-20-2001, 05:25 AM
lol I found that out after 15 minutes of level editing :D

activeconvict
06-20-2001, 05:27 AM
Haha.

General
06-20-2001, 07:12 AM
I just move a showcharacter around, and when he's where i want him to be i just record the x&y