PDA

View Full Version : predefined vars

Duwul
02-26-2004, 01:03 AM
I thought it would be better if maybe we could make our own predefined variables, and assign a certain value to them, like playerhearts is the current hearts you have, playerrupees, etc., things like that. They could be set on the server and used throughout all the scripts. What do you think?

R0bin
02-26-2004, 02:04 AM

Delete this post before you are flamed friend.

Blue_Dragn
02-26-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by R0bin

Delete this post before you are flamed friend.

Agree, v_v

G_yoshi
02-26-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Duwul
I thought it would be better if maybe we could make our own predefined variables, and assign a certain value to them, like playerhearts is the current hearts you have, playerrupees, etc., things like that. They could be set on the server and used throughout all the scripts. What do you think?

Why do you think you can define a variable with whatever name you choose? I guess I do not understand the point of your request.

ZeLpH_MyStiK
02-26-2004, 04:05 AM
setstring clientr.stupidity,100; //in percent form

G_yoshi
02-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by ZeLpH_MyStiK

setstring clientr.stupidity,100; //in percent form

:/

Is that really necessary? At least give him a chance to respond to my question before you decide you need to bite his head off. Probably a newbie to scripting and might not understand that a variable in graal can be named what ever you want it to be.

Loriel
02-26-2004, 04:14 AM
I think he wants to have persistent variables. Because you certainly must agree that it makes not much sense to save numbers into _strings_.

G_yoshi
02-26-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Loriel
I think he wants to have persistent variables. Because you certainly must agree that it makes not much sense to save numbers into _strings_.

That is true :) Wouldn't the easiest way to maintain a persistent variable would be to keep it in a weapon script of some sort?

Duwul
02-27-2004, 04:33 AM
=/
Forget it. After I left the computer, I thought about it and decided I don't know why I posted this. BTW I don't think I am a newbie to scripting as I have been scripting for about 2 years now. If you want me to delete this thread, I will.