PDA

View Full Version : FMV's?

Mykel
02-19-2004, 05:19 PM
It would be sweet if you could take full-motion-videos of your graal playing and be able to save them (obviously), and crap. Would make for some kickass videos.

Dach
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
quite, I don't really like the movement recorder, since it's a much better idea to script it on your own (too many sleeps and no loops and such x_x) so what I'm suggesting is, replace the movement recorder with this (if at all possible)

Kappa00p2p
02-19-2004, 09:05 PM
He means avi or mpeg videos not some recording of everyones movements to put in a level :o

G_yoshi
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Mykel
It would be sweet if you could take full-motion-videos of your graal playing and be able to save them (obviously), and crap. Would make for some kickass videos.

see also Camtasia

It does desktop recording, which can be handy for certain things :)

Mykel
02-20-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

see also Camtasia

It does desktop recording, which can be handy for certain things :) Hrm. Would be so much better if Graal worked properly in full-schreen though.

G_yoshi
02-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Hrm. Would be so much better if Graal worked properly in full-schreen though.

What do you mean?

Dach
02-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Kappa00p2p
He means avi or mpeg videos not some recording of everyones movements to put in a level :o

please reread my post, most importantly the last sentence fragment :\

zell12
02-21-2004, 06:35 PM
CS records demos of you playing and saves them as something like name.dem and can be opened with HL or a special program like SK player. So i'm sure graal could do it too... ;)

Mykel
02-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Even if there are other ways. Would just be nice for:

*click* - start video
*click* - done, save as...

Nidonemo
02-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Not only would that make great footage of wars and funny **** that goes down online, but it would be a great proof provider for when someone is being hacked or is hacking! :)

VeX_RaT_Boy
02-27-2004, 12:38 AM
I support this idea 100%! Instead of just boring screenshots you could get real ACTION! Better way to show off your Playerworld too :D!

R0bin
02-27-2004, 03:02 AM
Also good way to catch hackers and whatnot. A secret code could be added for the actual time and date, and if it was really made in graal, so they couldnt be faked.

Tyhm
02-27-2004, 04:12 AM
Everything can be faked. Take a real screenshot, modify the text - the code's right there!

Each PW has the potential to record such things with NPCServ - let each player record one screenshot and send to the GPs for review. Eats a lotta data (need the position, accountname, and chattext for each player within, say, a 64 tile radius), has the potential to overload I suppose, but with the proper limitters on it, should work fine. (See also: Graal Classic Cheat Catcher)

Mykel
03-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Everything can be faked. Take a real screenshot, modify the text - the code's right there!

Each PW has the potential to record such things with NPCServ - let each player record one screenshot and send to the GPs for review. Eats a lotta data (need the position, accountname, and chattext for each player within, say, a 64 tile radius), has the potential to overload I suppose, but with the proper limitters on it, should work fine. (See also: Graal Classic Cheat Catcher) Erm. Or we could do this idea...

WanDaMan
03-01-2004, 10:09 AM
There was this idea I believe?
You could record the people in the level and save it, I'm sure there was a way to do it...

Mykel
03-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Yea, but a FMV could be used for more then just catching people...

Myomoto
03-01-2004, 04:46 PM
i like the idea

Polo
03-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
(See also: Graal Classic Cheat Catcher)

More like 'See also Master Storm' :D :D :D :rolleyes: J/K

Actually on Classic we dont accept screenshots as proof as they are far too easy to fake. Well I personally dont accept them anyway, and i'd like to think the other GP's don't either.

In regards to the movement scripting, This is MUCH better done by hand in a script, as you can achieve the desired results very nicely with a few for or while loops (PM me if you NEED an example).

As for the video recording, would you rather mpeg style recordings (Or any video format for that matter), or somthing that is optimized specifically for Graal (A bit like movement recording, but more advance/optimized). I'm not really sure of the viability of mpeg style recording as evidence for hacking. Whilst its undoubtedly harder to fake than screenshots, I dont really fancy receiving 50 meg files in my mail inbox. :\

MysticalDragonP2P
04-11-2004, 02:57 AM
nothing to do with this but didnt you quit,if so why do you care about graal onlines future

zokemon
04-11-2004, 03:11 AM
::Thinks about new car on Bravo::

Hmm...

::Thinks about drifting music videos::

Ooo....

I can totaly immagein Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness being played on a drift video of my car on bravo! ^_^
I love this idea hehe