PDA

View Full Version : NPC Help

Metal-Slug
06-19-2001, 02:38 AM
i need help with something, how ould i make light2.png only work at graalian night, and how do i make a good tag helper?, o and how would i make it so a picture of a rat is moving? from left to right? an maybe up and down

Metal-Slug
06-19-2001, 02:41 AM
wait i mean, so that the light effects only appears at night (by graalian night i meant about *:00 graalian time to 6:00 graalian time)

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 02:42 AM
you need a scripted day/night system, when the day/night time = a certain time defined by the scripter that determins night, the lights go on, else the the time doesnt equal that time, the lights go off, or hide....its not complicated at all, just try and figure it out :)

Metal-Slug
06-19-2001, 02:46 AM
ok, now about the tag maker and rat moving

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 02:50 AM
Kai that was not very nice :*-( He is probably just like you when he first started scripting...if I was him I would probably go off and start saying I script better then you, at least when I didnt know how to script (when i was n00b, i said i scripted better the kyle0654...man did i look like a fool)
he just an inexperianced scripter who needs an experianced scripters help ;-) (you in other words)

Bhala
06-19-2001, 02:53 AM
yes but he isnt even trying =\

Bhala
06-19-2001, 02:54 AM
when he comes here with a script & asks why it doesnt work then I will be happy

CrazedMerlin
06-19-2001, 02:55 AM
theres already a thread about a tag helper and it will only work with p2p
and making a rat move isnt very hard
its simple theres a few ways to make it also

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

What can we tell him? He seems to know very little, so should we just script it for him? No, that's just stupid. I don't know about you, but I don't have time to code everything for everyone on Graal. It's not like he just asked for one thing either. No, he had to ask for about 4 different things at once! He clearly hasn't learned the basics yet so he shouldn't be moving onto complex stuff. It's a harsh truth, but that's life.

yeah thats true, but just say "you suck at scripting go learn" is just cruel...

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 03:33 AM
*quickly thinks of a coverup for stupidity...hah...*
i was being sarcastic
*Soul Blade- can always depend on a nice intelligent coverup for his common stupidity...errr...lack of intelligence :D*

Metal-Slug
06-19-2001, 11:29 PM
you guys r right, im not good at scripting, but i try, and the only reason i ever post in NPC scripting is if what i try over and over doesn't work, the reason for this is to stay away from jerks who like to put down people like me

Metal-Slug
06-20-2001, 12:11 AM
oim pretty good at simple stuff like healing things and bows and arrowns and stuff, but its just all these numbers and words and stuff