PDA

View Full Version : Web Addresses in PMs

jake13jake
02-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Hey, I found another thing that bugs me that I haven't had the thought to whine about xD!!!!! Somebody just sent me the following PM and it annoyed me so I came to post here!

http://www.weaponmasters.com/index.html?ID=
3af0bc2b6e5135723575d609d106d1e8&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=WM-
2182&LOCATION=PHOTOS

Notice how it's seperated into 3 lines. When I don't have HTML on, I have to copy and paste 3 times. If I do have HTML on, The first line will appear as a web link, and the following lines will be excluded. In addition, you can't copy and paste from HTML pms. As of right now, that I know of, v3 doesn't have HTML in pms, which is a good thing! :D!! Nevertheless, the three lines deal still exists in v3.

R0bin
02-13-2004, 02:23 PM
cant copy and paste to/from v3 either.

Loriel
02-13-2004, 03:04 PM
The problem is that before sending a PM, the graal client adds hard line breaks where the lines are broken by the window size. The solution is to yell at people for a) not maximizing their PM windows and thus avoiding such line breaks b) sending such unneccessary information as the ID= thing in this particular URL.

jake13jake
02-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Loriel
The problem is that before sending a PM, the graal client adds hard line breaks where the lines are broken by the window size. The solution is to yell at people for a) not maximizing their PM windows and thus avoiding such line breaks b) sending such unneccessary information as the ID= thing in this particular URL.

lmao.... I think that idea (of just maximizing the PM) would be irrational for a long term solution, to be honest.

The "ID= thing" would be neccessary for him to show me directly where he wanted me to go.

I think that the best idea would be to recieve the entire PM on one line and then have it wrap the text. It could be considered as sacrificing a little bit of organization in the history file, but it would also be an improvement to the history file in a sense. I find it a pain when I copy and paste from history, and then the line breaks after it just started a new line, and stuff like that.

Loriel
02-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by jake13jake
The "ID= thing" would be neccessary for him to show me directly where he wanted me to go.

No.

To the other stuff: Obviously.

R0bin
02-13-2004, 09:59 PM
can you even get post/get arguements in a normal html file?

Angel
02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by R0bin
can you even get post/get arguements in a normal html file?

I'm guessing its really a PHP, But he has .html set to be parsed by PHP. Old trick, Fun to use with .jpeg and the linking to it or even img srcing it and it loads the PHP code, Great way to steal session ID's that are in the referrer :)

jake13jake
02-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Angel

I'm guessing its really a PHP, But he has .html set to be parsed by PHP. Old trick, Fun to use with .jpeg and the linking to it or even img srcing it and it loads the PHP code, Great way to steal session ID's that are in the referrer :)

I have no idea what you mean. I'm not fluent in scripting. I'm limited to concepts and logic, forgive me. Anyways, it would be nice if Graal saved lines in a PM the way they were typed.