PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse 1 (it's time)

Geovanie Legend
06-18-2001, 05:37 PM
Since alot of people seem to thing that N-Pulse is such a pile of hoo-ha, i started on a project to redo it almost entirely and I allready have the base map levels completed, i just have to take the quests, some houses, etc. and convert them over to this new world.. so i hope your all happy now. and here's answers to a few questions.
1. No N-Pulse will NOT be p2p
2. No there will NOT be an account wipe/reset

ownerofbabylon
06-18-2001, 08:08 PM
I think you should ignore them all and work really hard on Tier'Dal

Kaimetsu
06-18-2001, 08:11 PM
Geo, you should makey some more weapons. Maybe hire some scripters too.

*thinks fondly back to the time when he would've killed to be a LAT on N-Pulse*

*giggles*

Kaimetsu
06-19-2001, 12:06 AM
Also, N-Pulse has far too many playerhouses and huge gaping towns with nothing in. Quality over quantity, dude.

CrazedMerlin
06-19-2001, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Also, N-Pulse has far too many playerhouses and huge gaping towns with nothing in. Quality over quantity, dude.
(check your PMs) :)

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 12:16 AM
Yea, a small filled up PW is better than 900 empty levels :rolleyes:

CrazedMerlin
06-19-2001, 12:17 AM
X has alot of nice NPCs, and npulse has umm
lag, PKers, newbies, DBZ Fanatics, tile errors, broken links....
you know the deal

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 12:27 AM
Yea LOL, one question I have is why dont all of these empty PWs like Mithica and Frolic and Bravo just close? Stefan says there preparing to update but they are just taking up space on boxes where much better filled up servers like babylon and others could go? I think Stefan should redo it and leave up the ok ones like (Graal 2001, Classic, maybe NPulse since its classic, Sanstrata, Unholy Nations and a couple more I cant think of at the moment) and take down the rest and let some other PWs go up. Then if those previous PWs actually take initiative and update then maybe put them back up :mad: *musters enough strength to hit send before passing out on floor*

CrazedMerlin
06-19-2001, 12:29 AM
because it wouldnt be fair to the people who develop/devloped the playerworld, and the players on it

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 12:31 AM
:mad: No way, if the creators wanted to stay on they should have made better PWs to start off! And the players can find better servers :cool:

Butz
06-19-2001, 01:28 AM
Look at Enigma Graal....they have maybe a few quests...but the whole place is just a big field...PlayerWorld Teams should really have levels filled before they submit the world.
(Thinks back to the old days before the Map Generator)

ownerofbabylon
06-19-2001, 01:38 AM
I agree with Butz totally!! I find the level generator for lazy people who want power. Babylon (hopefully) will be going up soon. It has about 120 levels and im making more constatly. I did everyone by hand so that everything looks EXACTLY how I want it to. I have a couple quest, one amazing one. I have a lvl2 sword place and I have a great lvl3 sword quest meant to keep players busy for hours =) I hope geovanie will accept it next time I send it in. He said it has a good plot, levels are to plain(which i fixed ;) and there were improperly linked things which i can't figure out =..( but hopefully he will like it. Oh well, I am hoping that I can become a amazing programmer really fast and make a virus that destroys all PWs created by level generator (accept 2001 and classic) and it deletes level generator and leaves no trace while at it :D

T-Squad
06-19-2001, 01:45 AM
Murasamune is level generated and then we go back and make the tiles better...

I have built 2 worlds for Murasamune already, both were manually built...each had about 300 levels on the map...both were rejected (1st one was way back when i was n00b in lvls and script, second was when i was decent)

Now my 3rd world, made by level generated FAR surpasses my old 2 worlds, Level Generater in my opinion can be used 2 ways:
Badly
Nicely...

if you never made levels or 600 levels manually (like i did along with Viktor and a few others) then you are gonna use the level generater badly...
otherwise you will use it nicely like i have ;-)

so dont go off making fun of level generater, the quality of levels is what counts, not the process used to make those levels

Geovanie Legend
06-19-2001, 07:21 AM
I have allready managed to get a whole town done and converted over to the new look for N-Pulse classic.. it's up if any of you would like to log on and see it, the warp to the new levels is in the old main level just near my house.. and if you want the map it's at http://geosoft.razza.org :)

SSmutz
06-19-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Geovanie Legend
...and if you want the map it's at http://geosoft.razza.org :)
Damn! It's a zip. This piece of crud computer doesn't have winzip and my mom won't letme download it. :(
I need my computer back...

WeirdmanI9
06-19-2001, 10:19 AM
You're gonna love Project Flamethrower.

SSmutz
06-19-2001, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by WeirdmanI9
You're gonna love Project Flamethrower.
From what I've seen... no we're not.

Geovanie Legend
06-19-2001, 03:54 PM
ahhhhh noooooo this isn't happening.. the stupid N-Pulse ftp is down and i was just about to upload a cool update :(

bb2k1
06-19-2001, 04:23 PM
ahhhhh noooooo this isn't happening.. the stupid N-Pulse ftp is down and i was just about to upload a cool update :(

Sad Geovanie. :(
How often is it down?

Geovanie Legend
06-19-2001, 04:25 PM
This is the first time in ages that it's been down, then again it's the first time in ages i've actually been able to upload to it, lol :)

toad1413
06-19-2001, 05:07 PM
I'll help if you want.
I can make some levels lol

Tybalt
06-19-2001, 10:27 PM
try and stay off the drugs when making links this time !

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 02:32 AM
That was more then rude, just so you know the world would be a much better place if every drug, drug user, and drug seller died and went to he**. Maybe, just maybe Tybalt you should think before you open your mouth cause someday yout gonna regret it.

ownerofbabylon
06-20-2001, 02:48 AM
I have to agree with Geo, Tybalt that was really not needed. He didnt do everyone of those levels. He is really busy testing our damn PWs, working on Tier'Dal, etc. so my guess is some LATs are doing it and just messed up on some links. So all this comes to eqaul

Da da da daaaaaa!!!

Tybalt = Man ***** with **** ;)

LiquidIce00
06-20-2001, 03:32 AM
Geo,
I think its better if you work on Npulse then Teir
no offense but p2p servers (other than G2k) dont go far these days...

ownerofbabylon
06-20-2001, 03:46 AM
p2p servers would "go far these days" if they owners did somthing on them. Everyone I have been on had a MAX of 20 building and about 4 have somthing in them.

General
06-20-2001, 07:23 AM
Let me explain why: All the good PW designers know that if you make a P2P server it will not be popular becuase only 25% of graalian population is upgraded, now the little druggies are all like
"Whoa dude!, I can use all this lighting effects that my peice of crap comp can't even see. Whooaaaaaaa!"

vergil
06-20-2001, 07:25 AM
geovanie if you have about the same level skills as you always had or a little better i dont think itll be any better =\

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 07:31 AM
Pardon? Who said i wasn't any better, it just so happens that i've greatly improved in alot of my graal skills and so far the players love what i've been doing to N-Pulse. And no the lat's aren't helping me i'm doing it all on my own by choice.

Merlin2
06-20-2001, 07:33 AM
Since alot of people seem to thing that N-Pulse is such a pile of hoo-ha, i started on a project to redo it almost entirely and I allready have the base map levels completed, i just have to take the quests, some houses, etc. and convert them over to this new world.. so i hope your all happy now. and here's answers to a few questions.
1. No N-Pulse will NOT be p2p
2. No there will NOT be an account wipe/reset

Good luck Geovanie.

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 07:39 AM
Thanks, and so far it's all going great if that stupid ftp would be fixed and the server connect time.. something is really fudged up and stefan was on trying to fix it and just left outta nowhere in the middle of fixing it and now i can't even connect to the server or the ftp.. i've had graal open for the past 20 minutes just sitting here waiting for it to connect to N-Pulse :(

habek
06-20-2001, 08:55 AM
is it up yet geo?
cos last time i go there all i can see is the main level, and the things surrounded it

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 09:05 AM
Yes the whole thing is up, but i only have 2 towns done

habek
06-20-2001, 09:17 AM
ARGH! N-Pulse is gone from my playerlist

Matman58
06-20-2001, 09:18 AM
Yea it is the same way for me I have been sitting here for like 20 min to waiting to get on G2K1. Also can you tell me why I can't use my PW Tag on G2K1 anymore??

fugitive316
06-20-2001, 09:22 AM
Why did you wait for people to complain, to make N-pulse better?

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 09:39 AM
It's not that i wait for complaints, but think of it this way.. if nobody ever complained about anything then the whole world would seem perfect and nobody would ever have the desire to do anything cause nobody else would care.
Get what i mean? :)

habek
06-20-2001, 09:44 AM
i have waited a friggin 30 mins to connect to n-pulse now. BUT! it only shows the loading screen for the whole 30 mins.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Tybalt
06-20-2001, 09:49 AM
...just so you know the world would be a much better place if every drug, drug user, and drug seller died and went to he**. regret it.

I would think the pills to keep you from freaking out over Police toalls is a drug =\

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 09:55 AM
i have waited a friggin 30 mins to connect to n-pulse now. BUT! it only shows the loading screen for the whole 30 mins.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

As i stated before Stefan is "suppose" to be fixing the connecting problem and the ftp, but he seems to be ignoring me again.. and always at the most critical times none the less :(

I would think the pills to keep you from freaking out over Police toalls is a drug =\

Would you grow up, that's a medication.. drugs are stupid crap like pot.

habek
06-20-2001, 09:58 AM
STEFAN u better friggin fix the connection thingy! I'm gasping for N-Pulse =P

habek
06-20-2001, 10:00 AM
Geo, i also noticed that the NPC server is gone from Teir'Dal

MoonAngel
06-20-2001, 10:07 AM
1- npcs server seems to be gone from ALL PWs even mithica and probably faheria if i could connect x.X

2- Europe seems to be going through a BIG LAG time, even Diablo 2's Europe Servers lag or go down =\ something's going out there! For graal it might not be the same case but D2 and BW europe gateway are down at the same time that graal is having problems

3- Now we wait for everything to be back in order x.X

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 10:32 AM
News flash - N-Pulse was the only world other then g2k1 and classic that stayed on the old server.. so it has nothing to do with that stupid new euro server. Stefan told me it was Galens fault for uploading some guild database and leaving some old stuff in it.. ok come on how can a guild database completely screw up a server and the ftp?

Tybalt
06-20-2001, 11:11 AM
Actually, medication is drugs.
Why do you think you could get medication at a "drug store" or pharmacy if it wasn't a drug?

toad1413
06-20-2001, 03:20 PM
Just drop it Tybalt. No one cares.

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 03:42 PM
Actually, medication is drugs.
Why do you think you could get medication at a "drug store" or pharmacy if it wasn't a drug?

Not the same kind of drug, the ones i have to take don't make me see **** or get hit by cars cause i was to brain dead to see or hear the car.

Just drop it Tybalt. No one cares.

Yes please, i agree with toad, let's end this pointlesness!

On another note N-Pulse is half fixed... you can connect to it now, but the ftp is "STILL" down! Once it goes back up there'll be a huge update to. and if you want the map for the new N-Pulse it's at http://geosoft.razza.org and I should be releasing the Music pack soon :)

Geovanie Legend
06-20-2001, 03:47 PM
Hmmm now check this out.. my RC says there's players on, but there isn't a single server on the list, lol

SkooL
06-20-2001, 04:08 PM
.. drugs are stupid crap like pot.
Drugs are any substances that alter your body ;)

toad1413
06-20-2001, 05:51 PM
Um, hello?

I posted it before, but I'll post it again.
CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT DRUGS??

Butz
06-20-2001, 08:26 PM
Well....the world Layout is a lot different...

KJS
06-21-2001, 12:44 AM
Hmmm now check this out.. my RC says there's players on, but there isn't a single server on the list, lol

that happens to me sometimes...
it doesn't load the player list...

mabie there is a lost packet or something...
just reload graal then it works fine for me after I do that....