PDA

View Full Version : Got some time?

TB3
02-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Somethings id like to see
(These are my opinions and if I overlooked something heres my pre-emptive (Woops sorry I over looked that) )

Remote
-Options to play a sound upon events
- events such as ( chat , torc and tonc comands, rc logons)
- This would help alot of missed rc events
- Option to specify where folders from your playerworld are stored on the clients computer. I like to be organized anyway and I'm just assuming that people would like images from different servers in different folders rather than 8,000 files in one folder. This would also help servers keep their work seperate from what most people would just grab and use. I dont know about you but i use fire.gif , torchbase.gif, arcaneaura.gif, vines1 and 2.png, I dont know who made them but no one realy specified that they couldnt be used by putting any names on them like tb_vines or g2k2_torch.png. However I put these graphix in my image folder on the ftp and the images specificaly made for and by fear in a seperate image folder. Specifying a client storage space might help reduce graphic swiping and similar problems. It could be maybe in folder options?
cfolder <client folder for files to be saved to here> <server folder from which files are downloaded here>
-Small improvements
- allow the editing of attributes
- loadlevelist button in level list window
- show classes that arent in use in class window also instead of those that allready have a join command in a servernpc
-Button placement variables so that buttons can be moved around ?
-Transparency = TRUE for buttons ;)

GraalShop
- A drop down DEFAULT ATTRIBUTE menu (Thought that might help some people)
- A new file format for saving. Maybe something of a .sea (script effect and animation) that cannot be re-opened in graal shop or in a text file. This would help to protect peoples in gani scripts from being stolen ( I don't think there have been any problems with this yet but I foresee problems )
Of course when you saved for personal use you wouldnt use .sea only for the online uploaded ones that had hard work in them.

Dungeon Generator
- Random operation
- Better explanation of some things
- Define undefined things like LAYOUTORIENTATION
- A start prompt that allows you to select the dungeons.txt to use might help
- Option to use any block of tiles as long as they are consistent
ex.. if you use 6x6 for tile areas then all of your definitions should be 6x6 tiles but do alow a maybe XTILES=# and YTILES=# and default be 8x11

New Program
Id like to see a program similiar to the level filler ive seen im not sure exactly how it works but Im guessing (common sense) that it filled levels with objects that were predefined and im sure there was a random feature in there or a % feature. Something simliar would be very helpfull.

Keep original RC with new graal version.
- Along with the new in game rc version I would like to still be able to use the remote.exe as sometimes thats all I need and want to use. (I dont think you had any reason to ditch the old rc but just in case)

Graal Program (Small things)
- Maybe some more path npcs or a larger array of them (I dont use them but if there were some that could do deep water I would use (big map = lots of deep water))
- Warp field detection
- Remove that hide cursor on rpg window thing
- triggeraction2 with an area range for things like area spells, explosions, ect.. ( yes i know they can be done other ways with cos and sin I just thought this might make things smoother)
- I know your fixing those god awful load times for xp good luck :)
- I cant say much else here because you are on that new scripting engine so all wishes to ya
- THANK YOU FOR ACTIONCLIENTSIDE!!! Been wanting that 4ever

Graal.net
I have realy not used this much because it seems everytime i click one menu 7 dissapear and 18 open and visa versa its not complicated its just hard to get around. Maybe a flash menu with drop downs to help organize? I don't know Its very helpfull as is it just doesnt peek my interest much.
A database of files ( Such things as the templates for bodies, heads, and make a template for the new dungeon tile format you've got going I like how its compact but I don't want to hurt my head figuring out all those tiles placements), control path npcs, and ect...
I know you have the code snippets and thats helpfull but having access to the other stuff would be nice.

Graalonline.com
- Maybe give Spark910 a page for playerworlds so that things can be checked off the site because most all coverage is the forums.
- Updates more frequently but other than that its good.

Graal Desk
- Answer your messages all 9,837 of them ;) lolz ive been waiting on one ticket for almost a year about an upgrade I paid for but never received.
- Other than answer time it looks to be a good service.

Playerworlds
- Allow the creation or make a few developer accounts for PW servers. I think that would be helpfull but I do understand the problems that might cause.

jake13jake
02-03-2004, 09:58 PM
I didn't pick up half of what you just said, but I totally agree with you on the graphics thing. Not only would it be good for organization and prevention of image swiping, but it would also keep some peoples computers from freezing when they try to open their webgifs folder. It would also be better for image browsing since you wouldn't have to slowly lag over the Era and g2k2 graphics if you were looking for a graphic from another server.

Maybe even the ability for servers to subdivide how their graphics are downloaded would be good. Like, one folder for tilesets, one folder for chair gfx, one folder for table gfx, one folder for misc... and so on.

G_yoshi
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by jake13jake
I didn't pick up half of what you just said, but I totally agree with you on the graphics thing. Not only would it be good for organization and prevention of image swiping, but it would also keep some peoples computers from freezing when they try to open their webgifs folder. It would also be better for image browsing since you wouldn't have to slowly lag over the Era and g2k2 graphics if you were looking for a graphic from another server.

Maybe even the ability for servers to subdivide how their graphics are downloaded would be good. Like, one folder for tilesets, one folder for chair gfx, one folder for table gfx, one folder for misc... and so on.

I don't think it would be wise to divide it into each different image. That's nothing but a waste :p

jake13jake
02-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

I don't think it would be wise to divide it into each different image. That's nothing but a waste :p

Maybe make it user optional with a server override? I really DO hate the lag caused by all the files in one folder.

zell12
02-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Man, if we erased all the images from Graals ftp, and made a filter to allow only images uploaded with pwname_imagename it would be alot easier on L A G. Because if you go to one server using fire.gif, download it, then go to another, it downloads that one and overwrites the other one, and you keep downloading a hundred images over and over again.

--Chris--
02-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Global graphic (heads, swords, etc) rights <3

jake13jake
02-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Global graphic (heads, swords, etc) rights <3

yea, let's not forget having a global GFX folder :P. That shouldn't be forgotten.

TB3
04-04-2004, 07:06 PM
This is causing too many problems im tired of several servers having custom gralat.ganis and walk.ganis because its messing up other things ,and my 1.9 ghtz cpu almost freezes everytime I open the webgif folder

Realy need some of these features O_o

WanDaMan
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I agree on the NPC generators. make some of those And I'll make you a server in around a month or less even.. Could make them in a day..

Dach
04-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Good ideas, dunno about the separate RC program, I think they've already decided on that...

Oh, oh my, I'm sorry about this, but I seem to have made like 6 variations of the editnpcSandpath... And I completely forgot to tell/show anyone! Hmm, I'll work on the deeper water ones and maybe I'll have them working later tonight or later this week (never got around to them before, wish I remembered exactly how these things worked still, make it alot easier) But yeah, here

EDIT:after reading old threads, it seems Koni redid the numbers for the grasspath, but I didn't find any posts with it in there so I'm not sure if the one I have was made by him... probably is since it appears I had it before knowing how to make them

Dach
04-13-2004, 04:26 AM
Ok, here they are. Unfortunately you can't directly correlate the water tiles to the regular path tiles, so its ends up a bit funky looking, but it still save loads of time. Also, use the deep water path on the blocking water, and the nonblockwater on the nonblocking water. (I was trying to do that backwards, which is why these aren't with the others)

Riot
04-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TB3

- Remove that hide cursor on rpg window thing

The cursor isn't hidden, it's just almost the same color as the background. :p

TB3
04-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Riot

The cursor isn't hidden, it's just almost the same color as the background. :p
eewwww didnt know that :D