PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Timeline? (split from Dustari Timeline)

Nappa
01-16-2004, 04:36 AM
More importantly, a timeline for Zormite ? I mean HOW DID THEY TURN INTO HUMANS!?!?!?!?! Darn Zen and Wren, ruining me, zurkibas, and tsengs precious 2k1 kingdom.

LordZen
01-16-2004, 06:39 AM
That was a pre-zen decision. But w/e.

There is no defined timespan between the end of Graal2001's time and the beginning of GK's. If you werent so narrow minded than maybe such things wouldnt seem so impossible to you.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Nappa
I mean HOW DID THEY TURN INTO HUMANS!?!?!?!?!

Stop defending them. We know the truth. They ate the Zormite race. Dustari, as a world power, should charge them with a crime or something for doing such a thing...then again- it's a little late. Maybe say there's no records of the Zormite race currently, but Dustari digs some up, realizes all fingers point to the human Zormites eating the Zormite Zormites (no, not a typo , I did say "Zormite Zormites"...)...sosad...so then Dustari feeds the human Zormites to the Orcs (i know people are dying to start an orc tribe...) so the Zormites can pay for the crimes of their ancestors....but the elves (if Forest RP's as elves...i never know these things) want to be holy and righteous and see this as an act beyond evil, so they wreak magical havok upon the lands of Dustari, by means of magic and spellcasting they have the lands of Dustari to become non-fertile, cause problems in the air, and bring about horrible weather conditions. The Dustarians catch on to this, and quickly send a full-powered attack to Forest with a simple intention: Destroy and conquer (kill off the elves, and make a new home upon their land since the Dustari land is now useless). What will happen next? Will the elves "cure" the Dustari land and hope for some peacefull agreement? Will they go to war first and then agree to such terms if they find themselves losing? Will Dustari simply attack to kill no matter what? Meanwhile, where's Samurai and CP in all this? Do the CP take advantage of Dustari's situation and find an opportunity to steal some treasure (abadoned in homes...or being carried on over-burdened ships). Does Samurai aid Dustari? Does Samurai aid Forest? Or does Samurai simply wait for both nations to slowly destroy eachother, and come and take over each when they're both weak?

See...I just wrote at least a year's worth of GK RPing fun. See why I was a better governor than Valder? ;) I actually like RPing... Is it really so hard to come up with simple ideas as such? Is it really so hard to agree to treat your groups as RP groups instead of game clans? Or at least work to improve RPing...and take major stands rather than taking gradual useless steps or telling people "Go play Valikarlia"....sure, Val may like this...but what about GK as an RPG? :(

Nappa
01-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by LordZen
That was a pre-zen decision. But w/e.

Yes, but you had the ability to change it back whereas the people behind you didnt.

There is no defined timespan between the end of Graal2001's time and the beginning of GK's. If you werent so narrow minded than maybe such things wouldnt seem so impossible to you.

So lets see. The Zormite empire and all the others lasted the millions, and millions, and millions, and millions of years it took them to evolve into humans ? Wait, why would zormites evolve into humans when they are more water going ? Did the humans mate with the zormite ? Actually, Zormites dont actually mate, they lay eggs like normal fish and the males fetilize them. And I don't care if you think you can fertilize fish eggs by whacking off on them. Their is no way these zormite would turn to humans, why dont you stop being so defensive of your own mistakes. You could of and should of changed it when you had the chance. All of the Zormite emperors have ruined what I worked so hard for on 2k1 - I was in the 2k1 Zormite longer then any other person. And Yes, I am telling the truth, I was their from the original date it was started down to the day it was removed. I didn't put all my hard work into that just for a couple of people to destroy.

GryffonDurime
01-21-2004, 03:10 AM

Good points

Well, if anything in graal needs an explanation, a wizard did it.

busyrobot
01-21-2004, 03:35 PM
More importantly, a timeline for Zormite ? I mean HOW DID THEY TURN INTO HUMANS!?!?!?!?!

I think it was sometime after the first stupid faux rp racial slur about fishheads, and a good time before the last.

Who ruined the Zormite Fish People Rp historical element?

Well, other than the fact that, perhaps the people who played in zormite may have not liked it, I think the fact that the only times anyone ever made a references to the fish race of zormite were when they wanted to make derrogetory and rather stupid fish racial slurs.

Even after the change to human, they still get it. Zurk holds a 'fish fry' at the Zormite caste, or Chris saying "I don't ally with fish heads" or "I don't ally with fish people".

I've seen the fish head comment used as a way to demean zormite a good number of times. Constructive comments? Zero.

Seeing people setting thier nicks to 'Captain Highliner' and going around harrassing Zormites is not exactly adding to GK's rich fabric of RPing. :rolleyes:

Then, there is recruitment:
'uh, you can join zormite, but your character will have be be basically dead, you need to start as a zormite race, and oh, you get to choose from 3 different types of heads.'

I think the fact that speaks loudest though, is that only people outside Zormite still whine about it. No one in Zormite has had a problem with it in a very very long time.

You fish people supporters made your case way back: you lost. Get over it.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

See...I just wrote at least a year's worth of GK RPing fun. See why I was a better governor than Valder? ;) I actually like RPing... Is it really so hard to come up with simple ideas as such? Is it really so hard to agree to treat your groups as RP groups instead of game clans? Or at least work to improve RPing...and take major stands rather than taking gradual useless steps or telling people "Go play Valikarlia"....sure, Val may like this...but what about GK as an RPG? :(

Go play Valikorlia. Your "major stands" got you kicked out of CP, remember? Noone likes them, and they don't work, which is why people take the gradual steps to rebuild RP. It's the way of nature; it takes one axe to chop down a tree in 10 minutes, but it takes decades to centuries to grow a new one.

Nappa
01-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot

I think it was sometime after the first stupid faux rp racial slur about fishheads, and a good time before the last.

Who ruined the Zormite Fish People Rp historical element?

Well, other than the fact that, perhaps the people who played in zormite may have not liked it, I think the fact that the only times anyone ever made a references to the fish race of zormite were when they wanted to make derrogetory and rather stupid fish racial slurs.

Even after the change to human, they still get it. Zurk holds a 'fish fry' at the Zormite caste, or Chris saying "I don't ally with fish heads" or "I don't ally with fish people".

I've seen the fish head comment used as a way to demean zormite a good number of times. Constructive comments? Zero.

Seeing people setting thier nicks to 'Captain Highliner' and going around harrassing Zormites is not exactly adding to GK's rich fabric of RPing. :rolleyes:

Then, there is recruitment:
'uh, you can join zormite, but your character will have be be basically dead, you need to start as a zormite race, and oh, you get to choose from 3 different types of heads.'

I think the fact that speaks loudest though, is that only people outside Zormite still whine about it. No one in Zormite has had a problem with it in a very very long time.

You fish people supporters made your case way back: you lost. Get over it.

And why did this work in 2k1 ? Why did this work when their was only ONE HEAD TO USe BACK THEN ? Their are alot of people who would like to see zormite back to the way it used to be. I'd rather you remake a new kingdom then butcher my old one.

busyrobot
01-22-2004, 04:08 AM

And why did this work in 2k1 ? Why did this work when their was only ONE HEAD TO USe BACK THEN ? Their are alot of people who would like to see zormite back to the way it used to be. I'd rather you remake a new kingdom then butcher my old one.

It is not mine nor yours to remake, it is Zormite's. It is not butchery, it is a change. Forest became elven. Samurai became KJ. Kingdoms are allowed to evolve, and if the people in them are happy with it, then it's fine.

I just wish people would leave those in Zormite alone and stop hassling them for a change that took place so long ago. This thread even had nothing to do with Zormite, it was about clarifying Dustari's historical timeline.

Zormite has changed, time has moved on, please accept it and stop spamming threads. :)

Nappa
01-22-2004, 05:06 AM
It is not mine nor yours to remake, it is Zormite's. It is not butchery, it is a change. Forest became elven. Samurai became KJ. Kingdoms are allowed to evolve, and if the people in them are happy with it, then it's fine.

Read the graal website. Zormite on Kingdoms is essentially connected to the Zormite on 2k1. You can't just say "oh we dont like this, *change*". Wheres the rp story ? Also. KJ is samurai in a new name, and forest was created for 2k2. It's not as they have totally changed the whole kingdom around and butchered what people spent countless hours working on. I've had to spend over 700 hours of my 1500 from g2k1 on my zormite tag.

I just wish people would leave those in Zormite alone and stop hassling them for a change that took place so long ago. This thread even had nothing to do with Zormite, it was about clarifying Dustari's historical timeline.

Ok. So when the new president comes along after George Bush is done and everything is in turmoil, he shouldn't care and leave it because it was a past mistake ? No, when you have the power to fix something, you do so. They have the ability to change back, and they need to do so. I don't care what this thread was created for - A viable topic has occured, if you can't handle a discussion, then get out.

Zormite has changed, time has moved on, please accept it and stop spamming threads. :)

I won't accept this. Time has not moved on, their are many of us 2k1 goers that wish for it to go back to the way it should be. Their is no reason for them to stay as humans other then the fact of having members. If they can't rp as fish mutants, then they shouldn't be in a high class kingdom in the first place. I'm sorry if I have better standards then you.

LordZen
01-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Padren, sorry if you consider this spamming but sometimes I just cant lay silent when it comes to some subjects..

Nappa, I never attributed the change to evolution. Here is part of a discussion I had with Zurkiba around new years (sorry if its a little hard to follow):

xXWarlordZenXx: new islands were discovered, yes, but how long do you suppose that took to happen? There is no specification. Why do you suppose that a kingdom of Zormites must absolutely exclude humans? Especially after the devestation the meteor caused under water
Zurkiba: It didn't take 20,000,000 years to reach the islands
xXWarlordZenXx: the zormite people are directly linked to their predassesors, and follow in their traditions
Zurkiba: The 2k2 Zormite isn'y
Zurkiba: isn't*
xXWarlordZenXx: just because at one point zormite was exclusive to only a breed of intelligent water creatures this doesnt mean the kingdom cant be ran by humans.
xXWarlordZenXx: later on
Zurkiba: Go have sex with a fish and tell me the results ;-)
Zurkiba: The zormites aren't species of human
Zurkiba: they are species of fish
Zurkiba: Interbreeding is obserd
xXWarlordZenXx: i mean comeon zurk, you said yourself a bomy ruled zormite, and how can you expect everything to be the same after a devestating destaster which changes the very face of the planet?
xXWarlordZenXx: i didnt say interbreeding, did i? nope
Zurkiba: Then Zormite should resemble Samurai
Zurkiba: Because the only humans who would interact with the Zormites would be the Samurai
Zurkiba: Dustari was long gone before the metor
Zurkiba: Pirates were sunk
xXWarlordZenXx: with these tidal waves and boiling of the water it is completely plausible that the fish race died out or came close to it
xXWarlordZenXx: and how could any sort of kingdom be had by a small band of misfits
Zurkiba: There are two paths for the metor
Zurkiba: some stayed with Zappa and Zat
Zurkiba: s
Zurkiba: while others left before the metor came
xXWarlordZenXx: i tell you though, after a great migration, new groups form
xXWarlordZenXx: can you agree that humans were in the vast majority?
Zurkiba: yes
Zurkiba: But why would a band of humans make a kingdom called Zormite?
xXWarlordZenXx: zurkiba the zormite people were not isolated
Zurkiba: At the end... everyone hated the Zormites due to constant border wars
Zurkiba: But they were
xXWarlordZenXx: and what borders would they hate them for after everybody was abondoning the lands?
xXWarlordZenXx: lol
Zurkiba: There were wars before the reports
xXWarlordZenXx: how can you have a war and not come in contact with your enemy
Zurkiba: What I meant
Zurkiba: Was this...
Zurkiba: Humans were spit apon in the Zormite empire
Zurkiba: The Zormites were racist
xXWarlordZenXx: regardless zurkiba, knowledge of the ocean would become incredibly important when it was required for a whole population to traverse across it and live on it until finding a new home. You would be stupid not to respect the knowledge of a people whose life was centered on the ocean
xXWarlordZenXx: ah so zormites never allied with any group then? i see i see lol
Zurkiba: Acually... they only allied when they had to
Zurkiba: Alliance with Dustari when Dustari conquered them
Zurkiba: Allaince with Samurai when Samurai conquered them
xXWarlordZenXx: the kingdoms of GK are not the same kingdoms of gbm
Zurkiba: But they are
xXWarlordZenXx: brb dad called
xXWarlordZenXx: no they ARENT LOL
Zurkiba: Shall I refer you to the storyline?
Zurkiba: http://www.graalonline.com/about/kingdoms.php
xXWarlordZenXx: i read the storyline zurkiba
xXWarlordZenXx: already
xXWarlordZenXx: my uncle died today x.x
Zurkiba: =x
xXWarlordZenXx: or yesterday, but my mom found out today
xXWarlordZenXx: well if you want to think i ruined GK by giving the people of zormite something to be proud of rather than allowing them to have to put up with all the ridicule that has come with being a fish in the past, than im guilty as charged. excuse me if im not sorry tho

ZanderX
01-22-2004, 05:33 PM

Yes, and I'm sure that if Hiryuu knew that his FISH KINGDOM had become a kingdom of humans he'd probably throw a raving fit since all of you people ruined his idea.

Satrek2000
01-22-2004, 05:54 PM
I have to say this for the whole Zormite discussion: the only thing that counts in my opinion is that the players have fun now. You can ruin that by complaining about them not being fish-people, instead of contributing something productive.

skyler87
01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
I have to say this for the whole Zormite discussion: the only thing that counts in my opinion is that the players have fun now. You can ruin that by complaining about them not being fish-people, instead of contributing something productive.
That ruins the entire meaning of even RPing though, does it not?

Nappa
01-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Nappa, I never attributed the change to evolution. Here is part of a discussion I had with Zurkiba around new years (sorry if its a little hard to follow):

You see, You shouldn't listen to Zurkiba. For one, he wasn't in Zormite for a very long time. For two, he can't argue for ****. Anyway, as I continue.

Their is actually a set timeline. Its not millions of years, it's right after the bomys retook main island and the kingdoms want it back. You see - Zormites did not die when the meteor came. They were underwater and thus they avoided most of the blasts, and lived on, in a destroyed kingdom. They left to create their own island when the bomys came, though. They were isolated from the humans - Their would be no human-zormite interaction in the first place to thin them out. Zormites would also have their kingdom die in honor then allow themselves to be tooken over by humans. You guys butchered Zormite. It had the ability to be changed back, you guys just don't want to do it because you don't like the heads. Don't like it ? Tough luck. Make a new kingdom and erase Zormite, i'd rather have you do that. As I have said - If you cannot RP as a fish guy, then you shouldn't be in a high class rp kingdom in the first place.

Satrek2000
01-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by skyler87

That ruins the entire meaning of even RPing though, does it not?

Coming from you, who never roleplays, this gotta have some weight ;)
My point is this: rather spend your time on improving Zormite, rping in it and think of stuff for the members to rp with/on/arround, than spend your time on complaining and whining that the way they rp isn't the way someone thought up way back. There isn't much rping on GK - son't scare a few of those who actually support it away by telling them they are all wrong.

Lance
01-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Placeholder for my argument supporting Nappa.

Fear its coming.

skyler87
01-22-2004, 11:40 PM

Coming from you, who never roleplays, this gotta have some weight ;)

Yeah, I suppose the statement has some weigh. I fail to see how "Coming from you, who never roleplays" is relevant, however.

My point is this: rather spend your time on improving Zormite, rping in it and think of stuff for the members to rp with/on/arround, than spend your time on complaining and whining that the way they rp isn't the way someone thought up way back. There isn't much rping on GK - son't scare a few of those who actually support it away by telling them they are all wrong.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I guess.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-23-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Yes, and I'm sure that if Hiryuu knew that his FISH KINGDOM had become a kingdom of humans he'd probably throw a raving fit since all of you people ruined his idea.

A raving fit? I don't even know Hiryuu, was never a Zormite, but I have common sense and observed the situation and can conclude to this: You softened the situation, it's more like...the Graal community would probably be the scene of multiple crimes.

Nappa's right...Zurkiba, who I thought defends the case of Zormites being a fish-like race, was right....all the arguments to this are ridiculous.

"YOU'LL HAVE TO START A NEW RP CHARACTERSD;LAJDA;!!!"

So what? Start a new one... if you don't want to RP as a fish-guy...then DO NOT JOIN THIS ROLEPLAYING GROUP (though it no longer is one). You think they won't have members? Wrong. People will respect them. I'll join them. They'll definitly have good RPing if they're following old traditions. I highly doubt they'd go as far as to return to being fish-like and NOT bring back RPing as well. RPing would probably have to be the first step (though things should not be done in steps...this is an emergency, people need to take power and turn the tables around QUICKLY for the benefit of RPing). Yes, not everyone wants to RP as a fish-thingy. But also, not everyone wants to RP as a pirate. And besides, the people who complain the most about this are bad RPers or don't even bother at all. Sometimes, I don't know which is worse or which class of those two the person can be described as.

Valder
01-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime

Well, if anything in graal needs an explanation, a wizard did it.

AHAHA!!
Watched The Simpsons I see ;)

As for the arguement, I agree with Nappa. The Zormites are supposed to be a fish-like race. They have grown too far away from that.

Yes, not everyone wants to RP as a fish-thingy. But also, not everyone wants to RP as a pirate.

That's why we have more than 1 kingdom...

Nappa
01-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the support guys. Right now I'm waiting to see if Wren ever finds this thread, and I'm waiting for Lance's superior arguement that we're supposed to fear.

GryffonDurime
01-23-2004, 04:35 AM
Oh, but when Tseng does argue, we shall surely cower with fear and ache with disease. Or not, who knows? But I do agree- the Zormites are fish. It's what can attract players to the Kingdom- everyone wants just a fun RP every now and again, and being a race that dosen't really exsist in most RPGs can allow you to be creative- everyone has a preconceived notion of what an elf is, and of course a human, but a Zormite? No, that's Graal alone. Well, Graal and Zelda- but I think we all now the reason for that.

HeartBeatOfTheEarth
01-23-2004, 04:59 AM
ho hum, so much argueing. When Razelle had strated the whole historical society thing, she asked me (because I wrote the religion) to write us a history of how we came from fishies. Well, our Goddess( Okiara) blessed her citizens with the ability to breathe beneath the tides. The less educated people of the time, with thier brute-ish ways and small brains, assumed we must have been part fish. After many generations when the goddess was forgotten, we also forgot the ability to breathe underwater, and thus now live completely on land. In this sense, Zormites were LIKE fish, but weren't exactly fish..

Nappa
01-23-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by HeartBeatOfTheEarth
ho hum, so much argueing. When Razelle had strated the whole historical society thing, she asked me (because I wrote the religion) to write us a history of how we came from fishies. Well, our Goddess( Okiara) blessed her citizens with the ability to breathe beneath the tides. The less educated people of the time, with thier brute-ish ways and small brains, assumed we must have been part fish. After many generations when the goddess was forgotten, we also forgot the ability to breathe underwater, and thus now live completely on land. In this sense, Zormites were LIKE fish, but weren't exactly fish..

Their was a zormite religion before you wrote one - Don't even get into it. And how are you going to tell me what the zormite race is ? We are more fish then human - It is obvious. We didn't start as humans, either. You just made up a bunch of stuff AFTER they already made the switch to humans.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Valder

That's why we have more than 1 kingdom...

Yes...I know this. And the fact that pirates and zormites are not your usual people makes both kingdoms quite unique indeed.

As for RP stories being made up as to why Zormites aren't fish race anymore, as I said...we all know deep down inside that the current human Zormites ate the old fish-like people ;) The stories shouldn't be made- face it. If you kill off the race, it should only be for a revival, but a soon one. That's only if you have an RPing leap though...for example, let's say a new main server were to come out...so you stop Zormite on GK saying they're killed, then say the new server is like...1000 years later, and the kingdom is coming back! But in our real time...the time difference is only 1 week and that's only because we have great RPers hard at working creating such a descriptive story, no matter how interesting it is, it'll be so long...I'll be sorry I ever asked for RP improvement ;)

Anyhow, I rambled on...I was getting to a point....what if Valder decided....well...look at my signature x.x What if THAT happened? Or he just created a story like "Pirates gained wealth, set up a civilized nation, and became remained a democracy for centuries to come- no longer pirates roaming the seas." and then the pirates call themself something like "The Republic" (though it's already been used x.x) Would everyone excuse this as well? How about a little experiment? ;)

Also, I don't like the sound of that Zormite story, especially considering the way that story "strated".

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
Oh, but when Tseng does argue, we shall surely cower with fear and ache with disease. Or not, who knows?

I would add something but tseng told me to watch it :'(

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

I would add something but tseng told me to watch it :'(

Yes, and you're practically still spamming and flaming again.

That's almost like like me saying "I would to call you a <insert random insult here...with profanity> and say you like to <insert another insult>...but that would just get me banned...so I will NOT tell the truth."

In both cases you shouldn't even bother telling your intention to flame.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-24-2004, 02:16 PM

Yes, and you're practically still spamming and flaming again.

That's almost like like me saying "I would to call you a <insert random insult here...with profanity> and say you like to <insert another insult>...but that would just get me banned...so I will NOT tell the truth."

In both cases you shouldn't even bother telling your intention to flame.

....my comment wouldnt have been a flame, wth are you on about. I doubt you even know what my comment would have been, otherwise you wouldn't have just said all that crappo.

Anyway, back to the zormite timeline?
I think that stefan, since he's the almighty god of graal, should decide for us like a set time period between the evacuation of bomy moon and the colonisation of the new land, and/or the forming of the new kingdoms on the newland....then we could bodge and sticky tape our timelines to fit that? o_O

GoZelda
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM

Yes...I know this. And the fact that pirates and zormites are not your usual people makes both kingdoms quite unique indeed.
Zormite Republic, Kurenai Joukai and Dustari are all the same but with different ranks. And Forest is dead.

LordZen
01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Zormite Republic, Kurenai Joukai and Dustari are all the same but with different ranks. And Forest is dead.

Oh comeon, you've been in Zormite long enough to be more informed than that. -__-

Please explain your statement if you can.

GoZelda
01-25-2004, 01:23 PM

Oh comeon, you've been in Zormite long enough to be more informed than that. -__-

Please explain your statement if you can.
Well, each kingdom has some 'departments':
Magic, Army, Wisdom, Royalty
and each have a 'leading' rank, the recruiters. The reason why CP is different, is the Captain- crew system.

LordZen
01-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Lol

You say all are the same except different ranks, and you use the ranks to describe why they are all the same.

Anyways I do not see why such a simple heiarchy system defines a whole nation. Its about as common as they come...not many ways to organize people without having different levels of organization...

GoZelda
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Then what's different between Samurai, ZP and Dustari? I mean major differences...

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

The reason why CP is different, is the Captain- crew system.

Which i set up in the Zormite's Naval Defence while i was Megaegir...well, it was on a little smaller scale than the one PC has, but still.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-25-2004, 10:24 PM

Which i set up in the Zormite's Naval Defence while i was Megaegir...well, it was on a little smaller scale than the one PC has, but still.

Yeah, the CP thing was a big-scale I guess when I established....the WHOLE kingdom was to be in a crew. Maybe this was the system before, but I didn't see it doing much, then again, I saw similar later. Basically, every member was to be in a crew. That means after they join, a Captain would have to get them in their crew. The Governor would also help out and lead the people in the right direction. So...if there were many people with "Sailor" rank and no crew titles in their name, it would mean CP is going through some really busy times. It could be good or bad; a good example: the kingdom is getting loads of great people coming in at the same time, so good you can't refuse them....bad example: people are being lazy.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-26-2004, 06:29 PM

Yeah, the CP thing was a big-scale I guess when I established....the WHOLE kingdom was to be in a crew. Maybe this was the system before, but I didn't see it doing much, then again, I saw similar later. Basically, every member was to be in a crew. That means after they join, a Captain would have to get them in their crew. The Governor would also help out and lead the people in the right direction. So...if there were many people with "Sailor" rank and no crew titles in their name, it would mean CP is going through some really busy times. It could be good or bad; a good example: the kingdom is getting loads of great people coming in at the same time, so good you can't refuse them....bad example: people are being lazy.

The reason it didn't really work in zormite, i think, is that it was on such a small scale :(
We were just one branch out of six or seven within Zormite, and each branch only has a handfull of members so you can't really do anything properly. Then inactivity of current members and a lack of decent new recruits comes into play =X

GoZelda
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah, the uprising popularity of RPing is killing ZP and KJ :grin: :P

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-26-2004, 09:29 PM

The reason it didn't really work in zormite, i think, is that it was on such a small scale :(
We were just one branch out of six or seven within Zormite, and each branch only has a handfull of members so you can't really do anything properly. Then inactivity of current members and a lack of decent new recruits comes into play =X

It's also hard to know how many people you have with so many people being inactive....and people being in different time zones...people have to do lots of investigating to know how many REAL members there are. Sometimes people are in the kingdom and don't even wear the tag but do play often and that's not very nice x.x Or maybe they get "active" for events

Kaiser2
02-06-2004, 05:25 AM
Well, the Zormites were originally fish people, and then- *BZOOM! BAM BAM!!* A wizard did it. I swear. No, seriously.

You see, when the Evil Bomy race landed on Graal to reclaim it, they targetted the Zormites because they were the most intelligent, and therefore, dangerous, race. The evil bomies used a sample of Zormite DNA to track the Zormites and slay them, one by one. So, a WIZARD :O! appeared, and with the consent of our lord Zen, he cast a MAGIC SPELL on all Zormites, to disguise them as common-folk, so they wouldn't be targetted as such by the Evil Bomy race. The Wizard then put a magic spell in a box, and gave it to Zen, so that one day, when the world is reclaimed from the evil bomy people, he would open it, and the spell would wear away, returning the Zormites to their original, fishy forms.

THE END. :D

Monkeyboy_McGee
02-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Well, the Zormites were originally fish people, and then- *BZOOM! BAM BAM!!* A wizard did it. I swear. No, seriously.

You see, when the Evil Bomy race landed on Graal to reclaim it, they targetted the Zormites because they were the most intelligent, and therefore, dangerous, race. The evil bomies used a sample of Zormite DNA to track the Zormites and slay them, one by one. So, a WIZARD :O! appeared, and with the consent of our lord Zen, he cast a MAGIC SPELL on all Zormites, to disguise them as common-folk, so they wouldn't be targetted as such by the Evil Bomy race. The Wizard then put a magic spell in a box, and gave it to Zen, so that one day, when the world is reclaimed from the evil bomy people, he would open it, and the spell would wear away, returning the Zormites to their original, fishy forms.

THE END. :D

Spell-in-a-box, lol. I hope this has a winding-up handle, otherwise i'm just going to count this explanation as void and ignore it XD

Ziro_Vitrudestec
02-06-2004, 08:48 PM

Spell-in-a-box, lol. I hope this has a winding-up handle, otherwise i'm just going to count this explanation as void and ignore it XD

There's still the matter that no matter what the excuse is, it's stupid to take away the fish-people race because it's what makes them unique and who they are x.x Even when you solve the problem of "There's no story/reason for this", you still have the more important problem of "This shouldn't be like that". x.x

Kaiser2
02-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Yes, it SHOULDN'T be like this, but you know why it is? Because of those dirty bomy bastards! They forced it to happen! Kill them all!>:O

Ziro_Vitrudestec
02-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Yes, it SHOULDN'T be like this, but you know why it is? Because of those dirty bomy bastards! They forced it to happen! Kill them all!>:O

Fictional characters do not and cannot write stories.

Kaiser2
02-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Yes, that's why it's up to the real people who play them to do that.