PDA

View Full Version : Rules (All Please Read)

Valder
01-21-2004, 08:39 PM
RP Rules
- While on tag, you must stay in character. While you are out of character you must use double parentheses "(( ))" in order to chat. This is a strict rule, but there is some leeway.

- Pease try to have a first name and last name at all times. Also, come up with your own original name and do not steal them from video games you have played.

- When using "unstick me", be sure to not cause problems with roleplaying action. If someone walks up to you while you're waiting for time to go by in order to use "unstick me", simply tell them in OOC talk that you are going to use "unstick me".
Example: ((I'm about to use "unstick me"))

- During war, do not continue fighting after you "die". Simply go into the castle and wait.

- Do not PK unless it is part of what your character is doing. If you wish to PK, please get off tag to do so.

General Rules
- You can unstick from an island if you need to get back to main, but use it in moderation.

- Try to be in B-Mode unless you are too weak to defend youself.

- Do not harass anyone in any form, including sexual harassment.

- House stealing will not be tolerated! This violation will result in the violaters rank being dropped by what I see fit, and the violators house being taken by the government (if having a house).

- Try keeping your profanity at a minimum. I will tolerate it but accessive cursing will result in a rank lowering. This includes, in-game, toguilds, or forums.

- Scamming is not allowed. PERIOD. If I hear of you scamming you will be warned ONCE and you must give the items back. If you scam a second time and I find out about it you will be removed for a week. Then I will ask my higher ranking members if you should come back.

- Do not speak improperly to great extents. This means no "u" "r" "ur" "plz" "pls" "wat" "y" "any1" or anything LIKE that. This also means no "leet" talk.

- Stay as active as possible.

- You do not have to RP while speaking in Toguilds. They are impersonal and should be used for general chat between members.

Please follow all rules. I don't want to have to remove anyone that if breaking the rules incessantly. Any questions or comments? Post them.

GoZelda
01-21-2004, 08:43 PM
What about 'lol' etc.? Like the 'u' 'r' etc?

Oh yes, and what if you die in the war because your opponent can't RP? Like
You:*ducks*
Opponent:((lol))
You:*blocks strike with shield*
Opponent goes on hitting you until you die, with no response to your RP.

Valder
01-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
What about 'lol' etc.? Like the 'u' 'r' etc?

Originally posted by Valder
- Do not speak improperly to great extents. This means no "u" "r" "ur" "plz" "pls" "wat" "y" "any1" or anything LIKE that. This also means no "leet" talk.

Oh yes, and what if you die in the war because your opponent can't RP? Like
You:*ducks*
Opponent:((lol))
You:*blocks strike with shield*
Opponent goes on hitting you until you die, with no response to your RP.

Try to work as well as you can with people who can't RP. If they are in a kingdom (God forbid) then tell the kingdom leader to teach the person how to RP.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM

Try to work as well as you can with people who can't RP. If they are in a kingdom (God forbid) then tell the kingdom leader to teach the person how to RP.

*stickied*

Might I make a suggestion for the death problem Gozelda talked about? (It's just a matter of general roleplaying...not a crescent pirates problem alone)
My opinion is this: noone should have control over your character to dictate whether or not he or she lives NO MATTER how well the killer roleplays the killing. The choice of death is that of the roleplayers. When you "die" in-game by losing all your HP and respawning, you should have the choice to roleplay (just as the sparring arena does it...) that you were simply defeated in battle, beaten unconciously, had to be dragged/carried away...but not killed. So if you're text-RPing that you dodge hits, but the player keeps attacking you, you might want to ACTUALLY dodge the hits (run around the player...run from spells), run completely away from the battle, or just allow your character to be defeated and say he was knocked out or beat up....just a suggestion.

GoZelda
01-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Mh-hm, or that your dead body has been dragged out of the battle field, or picked up afterwards, and been revived (or you just died and create a new character), or your god beamed you up and prevented you from reentering, or Aliens just happen to beam you up, and bring you to thier planet.

Valder
01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

*stickied*

Might I make a suggestion for the death problem Gozelda talked about? (It's just a matter of general roleplaying...not a crescent pirates problem alone)
My opinion is this: noone should have control over your character to dictate whether or not he or she lives NO MATTER how well the killer roleplays the killing. The choice of death is that of the roleplayers. When you "die" in-game by losing all your HP and respawning, you should have the choice to roleplay (just as the sparring arena does it...) that you were simply defeated in battle, beaten unconciously, had to be dragged/carried away...but not killed. So if you're text-RPing that you dodge hits, but the player keeps attacking you, you might want to ACTUALLY dodge the hits (run around the player...run from spells), run completely away from the battle, or just allow your character to be defeated and say he was knocked out or beat up....just a suggestion.

That's actually a good suggestion. I like the way they did it in the Pokemon games. When you defeat a pokemon, they never "die" they just become "Unconscious".

GoZelda
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
"Unconscious".
Fainted.

Valder
01-21-2004, 09:43 PM

Fainted.

Same difference.