PDA

View Full Version : Books of the Library

GryffonDurime
01-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Who the devil are you? No, you can't come here, you can't come to D'ni, not yet!

Wait, sorry, wrong Library. As some of you may know, a library will soon be constructed in Dustari. Now we need to fill it. Don't worry about writing in Graal yet, we want the content first. Post any Dustarian histories, stories, anything you'd like to see in the library, or any suggestions. Hope to hear some great tales, and thank you for your help.

Muha_builder
01-20-2004, 03:56 PM
i had dozens of story's writen down in books (1 story could take up to 11 books) to bad that all my houses colapsed when i was gold less i will try to rewrite them

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-21-2004, 04:01 PM
I wrote a book about the formation of the alliance between Dustari and Zormite after we had the ceremony thingy, back when i was in zormite. It might be mostly from a zormite perspective, i'm not sure, but you can have it if you like.

One question though...how will you stop people from stealing the books?

GoZelda
01-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Zormite had a Library, i donated most of the books, but because Razelle quit it sorta... collapsed :(

busyrobot
01-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Scripts: Either I'll trascribe them into 'faux books' that aren't actually book objects but when gotten/clicked will show F2 text like one, or we'll find a way to script a Really Aggressive Bounty Hunter Monkey pet that will follow any thief, including offline, and rumage through his things and return with any stolen books and/or shiny objects.

We can call taking the shiny objects library fines. :)

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot
or we'll find a way to script a Really Aggressive Bounty Hunter Monkey pet that will follow any thief, including offline, and rumage through his things and return with any stolen books and/or shiny objects.

We can call taking the shiny objects library fines. :)

Omagad yes! *_*

GoZelda
01-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Librarian :\ The Library door can be open all the time, but only the librarian has acces to the bookshelfs. If someone wants a book, the person must choose a category, then the librarian will open this book, and pm the content. Easy as hell :\

narkotic
01-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Even simpler than that, take the books that have been written, store them in that library, but make the available online. A website that would be the Dustari public library, and all of the articles and stories written there with the author's permission.

In other games I have played, there isn't really a 'librarian' per say, but a guild of knowledge. This secret society gathers all the information they can, whether it be quest guides, weaknesses of monsters, or the history and lore from within the game, they gather it and make it available to all. I'm sure this wouldn't be a direction to be taken, and I believe there's an existing organization already within Dustari or Zormite that does this.

Gozelda's idea is also a good idea, and would provide something for the librarian to do and help keep them more in role. Plus, not all members of the Graalian universe are 'literate' so an oral telling of the story would be greatly acceptable, and would more than likely be a responsibility of a librarian.

GryffonDurime
01-31-2004, 06:27 AM
Thanks to our most gracious Prince Zain, the Library's received it's first endowment of books. Oh sooooo very many books. As the library's not quite ready, I voulnteered my home....my poor, poor home. I think the screenshot explains itself.

AngelDevoid_3-7
01-31-2004, 06:32 AM
OMG IM SORRY ILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN ::lol i prolly never have that many again::

btw found like 10 more lol

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
Thanks to our most gracious Prince Zain, the Library's received it's first endowment of books. Oh sooooo very many books. As the library's not quite ready, I voulnteered my home....my poor, poor home. I think the screenshot explains itself.

Holy moly....you'd have to pay your new librarian quite a bit to sort that lot out O_O

GryffonDurime
01-31-2004, 03:57 PM

Holy moly....you'd have to pay your new librarian quite a bit to sort that lot out O_O

Sadly, since I restarted, I cant read most of the good ones :(

bart_rocks
02-07-2004, 03:18 AM
where is the library?

Kaiser2
02-07-2004, 06:27 AM
You should see Zormite's collection of books. ;)

Nidonemo
02-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by GryffonDurime

Looks like my room. :D