o-tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu, nayoko-sama

what the...?

thelostviking
01-16-2004, 12:12 AM
i thought sama is for last name??????

narkotic
01-16-2004, 02:41 AM
I was hoping someone would finally mention that ^_^

There are different things attatched to the ends of names in japanese that denote something about the name in relation to you.

For example, Nayoko-chan would mean that she's a child or one of my close friends.

Nayoko-kun would mean she's a fellow student... or a guy. That doesn't fit well, heh.

Nayko-sama means that I a hold her in great respect.

Then there is Nayoko-san, which is attatched to the names of adults or people you don't know or aren't very close to.

Then there is tachi, which is put at the ends of a name to denote more than just that person, like Nayoko-tachi, or Nayoko and the people with her.

LoveableNalle
01-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by osrs
Happy birthday Nayoko! :)

Thank you so much!!!

GoZelda
01-25-2004, 01:46 PM
I wonder if people would make a thread like this when it's my birthday

Oh wait no, i don't get 1337 items or ranks to give away :P

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-25-2004, 04:16 PM
People probably don't know when your birthday is, and are too lazy to look on your profile? My birthday is on this date next month! :O

LoveableNalle
01-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
I wonder if people would make a thread like this when it's my birthday

Oh wait no, i don't get 1337 items or ranks to give away :P

Maybe by the time your birthday comes around you would learn how to treat people with respect . Its called Friendship.
Wish I could get 1337 items like everyone else does, and ranks aren't given out they are earned thank you very much! :P

Ziro_Vitrudestec
01-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by LoveableNalle

Maybe by the time your birthday comes around you would learn how to treat people with respect . Its called Friendship.
Wish I could get 1337 items like everyone else does, and ranks aren't given out they are earned thank you very much! :P

Yes, I DO find it VERY disrespectfull how Gozelda keeps up with common tradition by staying IC almost all the time while playing a role-playing game. Gozelda, as a representive of the community, I must say: Get with the times. RPing is a thing of last year. Obviously the respectfull thing to do is to take no concern for the roleplayers of the past who worked to build up the roleplaying group you're in. Instead of RPing, get on an RP group's guild tag as often as possible and say ONLY OOC things. And in toguilds, you should use OOC parenthesis like an idiot even though you won't be using them in game where normally they would matter more.

Edit: Happy birthday, Gozelda. <3 It's always YOUR day in my book ;)

GoZelda
01-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
Edit: Happy birthday, Gozelda. <3 It's always YOUR day in my book ;)
After three months ima revive this :p

Spark910
01-30-2004, 06:39 PM
I didn't realise this is an old thread, I PMed Nayoko saying 'Happy Birthday' :p

Nidonemo
02-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Cake summon!

::twirls his wand and casts Create Food::

*POOMPH!*

::A LARGE Cake appears on the table, along with rice cakes, green tea Ice cream, and other delicious treats for the birthday girl::

Happy birthday My Lady! :D

::Bows::