PDA

View Full Version : Should the name be changed?

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Shoudn't the Samurai name be changed to Kurenai Joukai? Its not Samurai anymore so should the forum change its name to?

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Kurena Joukai should be changed back to Samurai o_O

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by D1ce2
Shoudn't the Samurai name be changed to Kurenai Joukai? Its not Samurai anymore so should the forum change its name to?
Changing name sure would clear up a lot of confussion to newcomers. So I say yes it should be changed to Kureani Joukai. The kingdom has had that name for months now.

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Your not even a member of Kurenai Joukai :P

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-09-2004, 07:38 PM
So? I have a right to an opinion, since the thread-starter didn't specify KJ-only :grin:

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 07:43 PM
So? I have a right to an opinion, since the thread-starter didn't specify KJ-only :grin:
Not even Japan named thier kingdom Samurai .
Maybe USA should change thier name to GI Joe? lol

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah they should change back to Samurai! I never liked the name Kurenai Joukai...

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by LoveableNalle

Not even Japan named thier kingdom Samurai .
Maybe USA should change thier name to GI Joe? lol

Why would either nations do something like that? Their population isn't made up of 100% samurai and action figures, respectively.

And another reason that Japan didn't change its name to samurai is that it was called Japan originally. Japan got its name long before the Samurai were around (well, not entirely sure on this since im not a historian, but it's most likely true). Why change your name just because a group of people with a certain title live on the land? I see no 'Crimson Heavens' in samurai, just criminal heathens (no offence meant, i just couldn't resist doing that o_o)

Furthermore, this isn't real life, let alone japan =O
This is a game, and the kingdom you lead was based upon the one from 2k1, as were the others. If it was intended not to be samurai any more, it would not have been called Samurai in the first place, and wouldn't have been based upon the 2k1 kingdom when made.

I'm not saying you have absolutely no right to change the name; it's your kingdom and you can do as you wish, or what your subjects wish. I just prefer samurai, partly due to nostalgia(Sp) :)
Anyway, let's not turn this into a big debate thread like every other thread and poll out there. I'm sure your man doesnt want that to happen to his poll :(

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Please Vote and give a reason on why you voted. I mean on the forums this not on graal lol, If you noticed the KJ forums is called Samurai..

GoZelda
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah change the name AGAIN.

Oh Forum name. Dunno, soon Dustari will take over Zormite and Samurai and name them all 'Dustarian Empire', so i wouldn't bother.

Lance
01-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Your kingdom was supposed to be one of Samurai Farmers, Nayoko, or at least based on one.

The forum name should not be changed, though the kingdom name probably should be. And, Nayoko should take the time to learn the history of her own kingdom - not just 2k2 history, but the 2k1 history as well.

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Can't you give your account to Matin or someone who will make sence with it and not make up Bullsh*t all the time?

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 08:07 PM
I see no 'Crimson Heavens' in samurai, just criminal heathens (no offence meant, i just couldn't resist doing that o_o)
:(

:\ Oh but I do take offense to that. Yes before I became Leader Samurai was known for having scammers in the kingdom. But I made that my #1 goal to clean it up and I think I have done that. You can ask the leaders of other kingdoms they have seen my hard work and vigilance over this matter.
And Crimson is our color so thats why the name Kureani Joukai "Crimson Heaven" is so fitting. :D

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Dunno, soon Dustari will take over Zormite and Samurai and name them all 'Dustarian Empire', so i wouldn't bother.

Dot dot dot dot

Odear o_o

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Mmmh maybe you get all scammers out but i think there will come more and you cant stop that! but every other kingdom i think is also doing that what you do :/ and i think lyndzey did their job also pretty good before you! maybe some others not but she was the best! You dont know all leaders before you! Because you dont play Graal that long! Dont know if someone told you about the past of samurai!

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
I didnt really see any other kingdom leader who was leader of Samurai (KJ) better then Nayoko..

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
WHAT?
I HAVE SEEN ONE!
IT WAS THE GREAT
LYNDZEY!!!!
shes the best!!!
she rocks i dont say nayoko is bad but i say her was better!
i was in till she was leading first time(she was leader twice times)

Majin_Mush
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
KJ is a bad name for the Kingdom.
Change it back to Samurai or a other name:o.

I can't even spell the Kingdom name:p.

Nayako is a good leader, I think.

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:26 PM
maybe maybe not!
but the name should really be changed i cant see that name any longer x.x
but its nayoko who decides :(

D1ce2
My point to Majin, But lyndzey isnt the leader any more, She left it. I think it should be up to the kingdom to change the name, They wanted it to be this name not just nayoko.

Monkeyboy_McGee
Originally posted by LoveableNalle

:\ Oh but I do take offense to that. Yes before I became Leader Samurai was known for having scammers in the kingdom. But I made that my #1 goal to clean it up and I think I have done that. You can ask the leaders of other kingdoms they have seen my hard work and vigilance over this matter.
And Crimson is our color so thats why the name Kureani Joukai "Crimson Heaven" is so fitting. :D

Heh, is that why i saw like, hawk carters in samurai? o_O
And yes, you have 'cleaned up' but the kingdom is far from heavenly. And slapping a new coat of paint on a wall doesn't mean the graffiti isn't there anymore. Not saying you're not doing your job, you're a good leader :D but like, i really don't think there was much point in changing the name :rolleyes:

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:28 PM
i dont think the kingdom members choosen the name! i think nayoko wanted that name and then changed it! maybe some high members now or wanted it :/ but mmmh it was really no reason to change

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:29 PM
She wanted to get the dirt from everyone saying Samurai was a scamming kingdom, Anyway NH isnt around any more and he fell under the evil witches spell (Dayaa)

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by baywatch1
Mmmh maybe you get all scammers out but i think there will come more and you cant stop that! but every other kingdom i think is also doing that what you do :/ and i think lyndzey did their job also pretty good before you! maybe some others not but she was the best! You dont know all leaders before you! Because you dont play Graal that long! Dont know if someone told you about the past of samurai!
No one can predict whos going to be a scammer or not. But you can keep your eyes open and if does happen thats what the removal button is for. I also keep up with whats going on in other kingdoms not only Kurenai Joukai. Lyndzey was the one who appointed me leader but I had been around since 3 shoguns past so im not as naive as you would have others believe I am.
Maybe if you stop looking backward and look at whats going on you would have better idea about what is going on and stop living in past. Yes we learn from past, but we have to move forward. And as all things time changes and time changes things. We are at the begining of a new era the name change gives whole lot more possiblities for RP the thing that some have been hoping for. Heres your chance go for it.

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:31 PM
who felled under the wichtes spell lol?

LoveableNalle
01-09-2004, 08:35 PM
i dont think the kingdom members choosen the name! i think nayoko wanted that name and then changed it! maybe some high members now or wanted it :/ but mmmh it was really no reason to change
Michael when I changed name you weren't even in kingdom anymore how do you know wheather or not the members wanted it or not?
You and hawk were the only people who objected but neither of you were in the kingdom any longer.
When I made name change I got 99% response in favor of the change.

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Hawk fell under her spell,

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:39 PM
ohh hawk
mmmh but i know much members and talked to them!

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:40 PM
If it wasnt for the name change michael, Would you be in samurai right now?
Since the name has been changed alot of new people have decided to join.

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:45 PM
i know! i spoke to them i wanted to hear sme opinions!
i am not in samurai
i am blacklisted!
but i will always be the samurai level designer :P

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:47 PM
lol
I might design a few GK levels if i get bored.

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:48 PM
for what kingdom or for main?
but i onyl think you got a chance to bring them up on a kingdom

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:52 PM
On my other account i got asked to design some pubs and inns for the main island by Stefan, i just didnt have the time to be honest..

GoZelda
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I didnt really see any other kingdom leader who was leader of Samurai (KJ) better then Nayoko.. Zalinto Rahz (http://www.freewebs.com/stormymoon/profile_rahz.html)

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Was you all against him when he changed the name to Bakugun?

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 08:56 PM
omg the history of rahz! omg rahz!
he has choosen between me and connor to be next shogun! connor won :( me got second in leadingship!

D1ce2
01-09-2004, 09:00 PM
lol ^_6
o well votes please now:)

baywatch1
01-09-2004, 09:55 PM
BAKUGUN was a good name i liked it and it was lyndzey whcih changed it

Borgie
01-10-2004, 12:01 AM
omg the history of rahz! omg rahz!
he has choosen between me and connor to be next shogun! connor won :( me got second in leadingship!

yea rahz was cool! :D
but this decision was... baaaaaaaaaad :\

LoveableNalle
01-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Zalinto Rahz (http://www.freewebs.com/stormymoon/profile_rahz.html)

I was new to kingdoms when Rahz was leader at the time. From what I remember he hardly was on and when he was never answered pms and stayed very little. As a matter of fact all the leaders before me had been on very little. And for most part ive had rights the entire time of my time in samurai and was able to help run kingdom from the sidelines. Ive tried to make a difference by being available to the kingdom members, to make it a better place and fun for them. A good leader is not absent and should not let the kingdom run on cruise control.

D1ce2
01-10-2004, 10:07 AM
So it is all depending on the person and there 'Koolness' to change a name. There for, I belive nayoko is kool and i think she should keep the name =)

GoZelda
01-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Was you all against him when he changed the name to Bakugun?
No, because that was the 2nd and not the 5th time it hapenned x.x'

D1ce2
01-10-2004, 11:43 AM
So,Its okay for someone else but nayoko to change the name, Its not just her who wanted the name to be changed but it was the kingdom aswell..

GoZelda
01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Did i say there's something wrong with it? o.o;

D1ce2
01-10-2004, 01:28 PM
So why do people want it to be changed back?Did they want it to be changed back when it was called Bakugun?

Satrek2000
01-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Because whatever it's called, it'll always be Samurai in the minds of most, and that word will be the first that comes to mind when you think about this kingdom - people are lazy ;)

D1ce2
01-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I belive you are right, But she changed the name on the behalf of the kingdom, not just her

GoZelda
01-10-2004, 07:34 PM
CP and ZP forums also don't have the kingdom name...

tc_topcat
01-25-2004, 01:43 PM
CP and ZP forums also don't have the kingdom name...
yeah but it might be a bit too long

oh dear i remeber Bakugun back in the days of Rahz feels like so long ago lol

Brad
02-09-2004, 03:33 AM

Ziro_Vitrudestec
02-09-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Brad

So, did she change the name for the reason of people calling it "Scamurai"? x.x
That's ridiculous. If only everything worked that way. If it did then we could start complaining about the bad RPing or lack of RPing displayed by kingdoms such as Samurai and then she would start enforcing strict rules and such. It obviously only works if the person (her) wants it to.

WanDaMan
02-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah change the name AGAIN.

Oh Forum name. Dunno, soon Dustari will take over Zormite and Samurai and name them all 'Dustarian Empire', so i wouldn't bother.
What? these boards havn't changed the name, EVER!
Cool big words :D

Nidonemo
02-17-2004, 02:54 AM
I like the name Kurenai Joukai, and I take pride when I say that I wear my tag, Daitoku Nido Nemo.

With time comes change and with change comes new beginnings.

Um for the record....how many times has the name been changed? :confused:

Splke
03-06-2004, 09:48 AM
5.... maybe even 6...

BLOODY-SWORD
04-07-2004, 12:36 PM
it should be changed, if it changes peaple will stop calling KJ samurai, and newbies will be less confused

Satrek2000
04-07-2004, 03:36 PM
You're really desperate to get your post-count up... Is there any old thread you didn't revive yet? :rolleyes:

BLOODY-SWORD
04-07-2004, 04:22 PM
hehe, the only ones i didnt revive yet are the closed ones XD, hey i just started going to the graal forums, so ull be hearing alot of me from now on XD

air_archmage
04-09-2004, 08:39 AM
to that **** godZilla, Dustari will do no such thing to its allies! You are a **** so shut up!

Satrek2000
04-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BLOODY-SWORD
hehe, the only ones i didnt revive yet are the closed ones XD, hey i just started going to the graal forums, so ull be hearing alot of me from now on XD

I'm looking foreward to it, hoping that you'll do more than just spamming ;)

Originally posted by air_archmage
to that **** godZilla, Dustari will do no such thing to its allies! You are a **** so shut up!

Who knows? Nobody filed you in on our secret plans of world domination? Anyway, insulting other members isn't a good way to make your point, apart from making a really bad impression for our Kingdom.