PDA

View Full Version : Layering images.

jake13jake
01-06-2004, 07:33 AM
I think that there should be some sort of layering code that would set an image's layer compared to other images. Not like changeimgvis. changeimgvis has 4 options for layer, and they are all pretty much standard (under player(0), default(1), overplayer (i think 2&3 are like this), hovering (like state)(4)). Having changeimgvis is very good and useful, regardless, just because it sets the image relative to the player.

setlayer index,layer; -layer can define whether or not the image is placed above or below other images that have their layers set... and taking from the changeimgvis where the higher number is a higher layer it could work like that.

Once again, I don't get why I was flamed with "use changeimgvis!!" the last time I posted this.

MrGannondorf
01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Its a good idea for images in layer 0-3, as it very well could be for the screen layer ... but I think it would be more effective to make the layerhight index oriented (minus 199.1, or w/e the show local key is, if it is shown localy)...

The reason people say use changeimgvis, is because there aren't 4 screen layers. I think there are 20 or 30 of them... see I said the screen layer with layer in italicis, because anything 4 and above is the screen layer, and based on that height is how high it draws onscreen. ie and image drawn and 4 and an image drawn at 5... they'd both would be screen coordinates, but 5 would be higher than 4, thus drawn after it (above it).

Index oriented heights within layers would be usefull, however.

jake13jake
01-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by MrGannondorf
Index oriented heights within layers would be usefull, however. [/B]

That's what the suggestion is.

Thought
01-08-2004, 03:32 AM
The correct term you're thinking of is z-ordering.

Hevaricubed
01-08-2004, 04:57 AM
which is kind of partially allready there,

changeimgvis index,5; will show an image
on the screen above something at vislevel 4.

changeimgvis index,6; will show an image above something at vislevel 5, etc.

-Ramirez-
01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Hevaricubed

...and for non-screen layers?

MrGannondorf
01-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Thought
The correct term you're thinking of is z-ordering.
Ummm... noooooooo......... you can z order all showimgs if you REALY want to, though it only has a facet of use in the non-screen layers... see the z axis in graal is like a second y axis... when you asign a screen showimg a z height, it actualy changes how it looks height-wise on the screen (as if you lowered its y).
Originally posted by Hevaricubed
which is kind of partially allready there,

Yah... thats what I said...
Originally posted by -Ramirez-

...and for non-screen layers?
Its hardly usefull in that case.

-Ramirez-
01-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by MrGannondorf
Its hardly usefull in that case.
Really? So if you want to have images sitting in a level on LEVEL coordinates... and need them to be layered a certain way, that's hardly useful? Weird.

jake13jake
01-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-

Really? So if you want to have images sitting in a level on LEVEL coordinates... and need them to be layered a certain way, that's hardly useful? Weird.

I think this is the first time Kat actually understands me xD!!