PDA

View Full Version : Time/Serverstamp

Blue_Dragn
01-05-2004, 05:19 AM
I like the log feature for the RC where you can log the chat, however i think it would be handy to have a Timestamp and a Serverstamp

If you keep the same log for awhile the timestamp would be nice to see when the action took place. If you do more then one server, the serverstamp would be nice to see what server it transpired on, if you keep all your log in one text file (I sometimes do to avoid many documents and confusion)

Just a little something.

Spark910
01-05-2004, 06:41 PM
A new text document for each server would also be nice. If you have ever had 2 RCs open and you are talking on both, or someone is talking on both it just logs it as it happens, so its confusing when reading it back.

Thought
01-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Spark910
A new text document for each server would also be nice. If you have ever had 2 RCs open and you are talking on both, or someone is talking on both it just logs it as it happens, so its confusing when reading it back.
I suggested to Stefan to make a filename tag, %s, and it gets replaced with the server's name. So you can do X:\Graal\RCLog-%s.txt and it'll save it as RCLog-ServerName.txt.

Crono
01-05-2004, 06:53 PM
It would also be nice to have a start and end tag so you know when a new "session' begins and dont have to keep looking at the timestamp. For example-

-Start Session
12:03-6/6/2003 Stefan:You got pwned
15:43-6/6/2003 Jagen:WTFZ
-EndSession

MrGannondorf
01-06-2004, 09:29 PM
perhaps they could break the logs down further... like the big hairy log with all the happenings in it, a ban log, a log that logs the logging in, and etc etc...
Also, the text encoding (*nix/winblowz) for the logs etc in the server options, would be nifty.