PDA

View Full Version : All Dustarians please read: Changes

Khallos_2k2
01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that absolutely NO offence is meant to anyone mentioned in this thread.

It is my belief that the time has come for change...For a new beginning... A new monarch...
Tseng is the present King, but I haven't seen him online for ages. Maybe because he has other things to do etc. Padren and Zoe are Prince and Princess, and are doing really well. I think that it's time for Tseng to step down and let these two take over.
Padren is a really good Prince, the best for ages since Larrien, and is a good RPer and generally a good Dustarian. Zoe is pretty much the same. They should now become the new King and Queen, Tseng could go to Adventurer or Chancellor or something instead.
This would mean a new Prince/Princess. I'd recommend Satrek ,and probably Sarid since shes his wife. Satrek RPs well, is nice, helpful, welcoming to new players, as is Sarid, and Satrek is the only EM i know of that actually created an RP background for his events.

Like, I said, no offence meant.

Satrek2000
01-03-2004, 04:13 PM
While I feel honored, I have to say that I like being a mage, and I don't think I could devote myself to that in any other position. It's basically the same with Sarid and High Priestess.
As for Tseng, I have to admit that I havn't seen him online for a few days, but on the other hand, I didn't see Padren either, so it could certainly be due to the timeshifts. I think Padren and Zoe are doing a great job, and I don't want to judge what tseng is doing, as I believe he is quite busy behind the scenes.

Besides, I wouldn't feel comfortable if my work as EM affected any kind of promotion in Dustari. While I stay in as EM, these are still two different things.

IamFlinder
01-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Khallos, what you say is true.. We'll see what Tseng do after yesterdays talking ..:\

Evil_Lord_Sparda
01-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Perhaps it is time, dare i say it, for the iron hand of Zurkiba?..

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 05:41 PM
No. He's just like "AHDASHDHA LETS GO KONKAR OTHAT KINGDOMS" o_o
Other than that strange issue of his, he'd make a damned good leader though. However, just because he's a good leader and roleplayer and stuff, doesn't mean he should automatically get..given a kingdom. He should work his way up the ranks, like everyone else (almost everyone else, i'd hope) and so, Padren and Zoe would be a good, and realistic choice.

Satrek2000
01-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Lord_Sparda
Perhaps it is time, dare i say it, for the iron hand of Zurkiba?..

I think there are only two persons who should be concidered for the position of King - the one is Tseng, the other is Padren. For me, there's no discussion there. If Tseng puts his title down for any reason, I'll supposr Padren. Till then. I'll keep out of any kind of bashing and wait for those who are concerned to speak their minds.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Well spoken, Satrek.

Khallos_2k2
01-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
No. He's just like "AHDASHDHA LETS GO KONKAR OTHAT KINGDOMS"
Yeah, but the point is, it was FUN when Zurk was attacking everyone. There were loads of wars! Which meant...VAGUE RPing!

Satrek2000
01-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2
Yeah, but the point is, it was FUN when Zurk was attacking everyone. There were loads of wars! Whichmeant...VAGUE RPing!

Where's the point in attacking everyone just for the sake of it? You can have more than vague rping. Also, you don't even need a king do rp, all you need is some imagination. I agree that some diplomacy paired with conflicts would be nice. I disagree that Zurk would give us either at a healthy level.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

Also, you don't even need a king do rp, all you need is some imagination. .

Not entirely true, i'm afraid. I was in Dustari on 2001, and experienced the great depression within that kingdom when Kamuii lost access to the internet, or didn't upgrade, or whatever.
He wasn't seen for a long long time, and without a monarchy, nothing much happened on Dustari. People left, noone new was joining, and then the corrupt staffers came along with Karakaze troupe and basically just destroyed Dustari. Wasn't fun.

Satrek2000
01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
He wasn't seen for a long long time, and without a monarchy, nothing much happened on Dustari.

But his absence didn't prevent people from rping - I havn't been there, so I can't judge, but maybe some people just lacked someone to trigger their rping - this doesn't have to be a king.

sYnergy247
01-04-2004, 12:31 AM
I like Padren, he is my king as far as I think. He helps, he rps, he's active. Can't Say the same for Zoe...don't think shes ever said anything to me. (with good reason though:p ;) :rolleyes: :cool: )

I'd like a war...or at least to be enemys with someone, I think it'd spice up kingdoms life. Be like Romeo and Juliet the 2 familys that don't go to war, but have little fights. (or quarrels if you will ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool: ) ;)

Satrek2000
01-04-2004, 12:47 AM
With Tseng being on tag, I think the matter is settled, at least for now. Personally, I trust and hope that we will be spared such confusion in the future. Dustari is doing great the way I saw it today, crushing the pirate threat - even before there actually way one, but I wouldn't mention that part in public...

GryffonDurime
01-04-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2
Tseng could go to Adventurer or Chancellor or something instead.

Let me just say, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! ...chancellor, that is. ;) :D Resume the disscussion.

Nappa
01-04-2004, 03:31 AM
Nappa for King.

sYnergy247
01-04-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Nappa
Nappa for King.

no.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-04-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by sYnergy247

Syenergy for king

:O how could you!

Originally posted by Satrek2000

Dustari is doing great the way I saw it today, crushing the pirate threat - even before there actually way one, but I wouldn't mention that part in public...

Yus. Zormite helped too, we patrolled the seas :D
Shame that was my last time working with you guys :(