PDA

View Full Version : MarkB's Events

MarkB
01-02-2004, 01:16 PM
How do you like my events? I have been getting a lot of positive feed back about them... I have been holding events and stuff non-stop for like 3 days. Its a lot of work, and I hope you guys appreciate it. There is a lot of new GFX I am working on for new event items and what not. I just need to submit them to Stefan along with stats. <3

Khallos_2k2
01-02-2004, 01:34 PM
They rock.
Thanks for working so much for us :D

MarkB
01-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2
They rock.
Thanks for working so much for us :D

NP Dude, glad you guys are having fun. :)

syltburk
01-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by MarkB

NP Dude, glad you guys are having fun. :)
Even thought i dont think you like me, the events are really doing great, as far as i can tell you are one of the best. At the same time you maybe give 2 brutals to winner but its enough as many people want events because its fun, you make it fun.

:)

MarkB
01-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by syltburk

Even thought i dont think you like me, the events are really doing great, as far as i can tell you are one of the best. At the same time you maybe give 2 brutals to winner but its enough as many people want events because its fun, you make it fun.

I have nothing against you. I never did. We clashed at times, but I hold no grudges. Thanks for the positive comments. We will have cooler prizes soon. I am working on stuff right now as we speak.

Spark910
01-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I have never played kingdom events, maybe I should.
I tried to play yesterday and got someone to show me around and I wa told to reset 3 times as my stats sucked :grrr:

MarkB
01-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Spark910
I have never played kingdom events, maybe I should.
I tried to play yesterday and got someone to show me around and I wa told to reset 3 times as my stats sucked :grrr:

Whenever you want to play, come on, and pm me. I will gladly help you get started xD.

meishanli
01-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Mark your events are great. You seem to be the only EM so far that does something lol :D
Keep up the good work.

MysticHaste
01-02-2004, 04:37 PM
From what I've seen your Doing Great work.

Good too see some Activity, Really Livens up the Server.

GoZelda
01-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Hm well i've only seen 2... the logpicking stuff, wasn't there to :P
But that scavenging hunt plainly sucked... i'd rather see some sort of turn-based RP tournament... You're cool though, you RP more then others (except Satrek)
<3

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-02-2004, 08:44 PM
You're doing ok, the events are good but....

I swear you're holding them too late for brittish people to take part on purpose. For the past two or three nights i've stayed up til like 2 waiting for you to do an event and then give up, and then when i come back in the morning i found out you've been hosting more events. It'sh not fair :(
We need an active english EM =/

--Chris--
01-02-2004, 10:44 PM
I appreciate your hard work and such so far but your "RP" events really stink (refer to the Zormite thing with finding the mayor's treasure), you hold too many events in a short period of time and I don't like the idea of so many new items. I'm also afraid of you being alowd to even hold newly released items due to things you've done in the past (as an EM.) ;x

lordbosh
01-02-2004, 11:48 PM
I am greatly impressed with the amount of events Mark has held recently. And I believe that they will only continue to improve in quality over time, due to the experience he will have in handling the events. I think this is something that GK has needed to give it some life again.

The events bring out the best in people for the most part (there are a few people that like to try to mess up events, as always). And Mark has been able to handle the problems somewhat well when they come up.

More event items really wouldnt hurt anything, since the economy for event items is destroyed for the most part, but thats my opinion. Its nice to see new items being used, and he is using the new event island quite a bit, giving people familiarity with the area.

I look forward to seeing more events hosted by Mark, and the other EM's as well.

D1ce2
01-02-2004, 11:49 PM

I have nothing against you. I never did. We clashed at times, but I hold no grudges. Thanks for the positive comments. We will have cooler prizes soon. I am working on stuff right now as we speak.
Do you have a grudge against me?. I helped you spark!. Crap stat's though you couldn't even hit a t-rex with my gov + 4 sword o.o lol..
Well back onto topic. I love the event's good job. Atleast your on and actually hosting events what are fun and do not involve doing some one's homework. Good job mark I appreaciate it.:)

MarkB
01-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by D1ce2

Do you have a grudge against me?. I helped you spark!. Crap stat's though you couldn't even hit a t-rex with my gov + 4 sword o.o lol..
Well back onto topic. I love the event's good job. Atleast your on and actually hosting events what are fun and do not involve doing some one's homework. Good job mark I appreaciate it.:)

lol <3 xD

D1ce2
01-02-2004, 11:56 PM
I know it's corney and what not. But it's true. In my opinion life on GK has improved alot to you. Shame about scammers like DevlinDole stealing people's raffle tickets though :o

MarkB
01-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Nothing I can really do about it though. :[

D1ce2
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Yeah I know. That's why you see me kill him! :). Well anyways good look in the future MarkB need any new event Idea's I'm sure I can come up with some nice one's. :)

MarkB
01-03-2004, 12:00 AM
I think im going to make an island....JUST for the lumberjack event. That would rock.

D1ce2
01-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Ah, need any help?. I myself was a good level builder in the day :)

D1ce2
01-03-2004, 12:08 AM
I got bored and didn't read it. Sorry it's to long for me. Anyways mark I made this earlier want it?

MarkB
01-03-2004, 12:11 AM
I got bored and didn't read it. Sorry it's to long for me. Anyways mark I made this earlier want it?

Not bad. We might use it, finish the other angles.

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 12:09 PM
You could of taken this down to PM's ...

By the way Mark, perhaps you should limit yourself to two events a week, and four in a holidya week, else you'll be 'corrupt'...

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 04:04 PM
I think event masters should plan their events ahead, and post like schedules on the events forum for when their event will be held each week. People are always (especially me :rolleyes: ) coming online and being all like "amagad, grr, i missed another event X_X"

GTXOO
01-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Mark, i'd like to see some events, gonbai use to hold.

But your doing great.

Event Suggestions:
2 People from Each kingdom, gets warp on a side of the battle field.
Which ever kingdom wins gets prize (just the 2 players)
although we should be able to add more cash to the treasurey.

D1ce2
01-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
You could of taken this down to PM's ...

By the way Mark, perhaps you should limit yourself to two events a week, and four in a holidya week, else you'll be 'corrupt'...
Hrmmm no. I think he is doing a great job holding events. He has done more than Sutekh or whoever. No offence but your sad complaining about events, is that because you never win? :o

Splke
01-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Your events are good, people are somewhat idiots ( ;) ) and the items are good. I'd like to see less Event items being evented though... One a week, so on so forth. Maybe more then that right now, but later on, it would be annoying having a event item event every day or two... At any rate, I like the idea of constantly having raffles and labryinth mazes... All sounds good.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-04-2004, 06:43 AM
Its really a bit astounding where he keeps pulling all these raffle prizes from! (unless he has the ability to create items himself; i wouldn't know this, i'm too silly o_o). Keep on amazing us, raffles are leeto! :D

TripleE
01-07-2004, 04:58 AM
How do you like my events? I have been getting a lot of positive feed back about them... I have been holding events and stuff non-stop for like 3 days. Its a lot of work, and I hope you guys appreciate it. There is a lot of new GFX I am working on for new event items and what not. I just need to submit them to Stefan along with stats. <3

Man by far... you've got to be one of the most dedicated EM's. I mean your actually helping get more items to host MORE events. Keep up the good work ! And screw what Chris says. It's obvious your doing good, and past decisions have been overwritten by good ones. Everyone deserves a second chance. Chris is mad cause he sucks @ events. All he holds is card tourneys that take hours lol.

GoZelda
01-07-2004, 02:36 PM

Hrmmm no. I think he is doing a great job holding events. He has done more than Sutekh or whoever. No offence but your sad complaining about events, is that because you never win? :o
If i'm sad that i never win then i wouldn't ask to hold less...

Xeross
01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I think you should host events on the weekend (i can be on 24hrs :P) sinse i can only use comp on weekend.

and for events..:grin: They are cool, and diferent :D

MarkB
01-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments. <3

Satrek2000
01-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I admit that I didn't see all the events you did, due to the different timezones, but what I can say that I think you should limit yourself, at least a bit - three events a day appears a little much to me.
Events are supposed to be something special, and while there can certainly be too few of them, too many won't do any good either. As was said before, quality should count more than quality ;)