PDA

View Full Version : Zormite RPing

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, perhaps i should of resisted, but, erm, i didn't :P
So here's Zormite great RPing they claim is so good.

Oh yes, i also had a picture of Ashtin from Zormite saying some stuff about Condoms on-tag, but i can't find it :(

Read from bottom to top
(Crescent Pirates) (1-1-2004 18:23:09):
It is? I can't remember using it. Neither did i use that strange Ashtin word,
condom...
Dictatress Wren Sagesun Archigos (Zormite Republic) (1-1-2004 18:22:38):
uhm, no it's a Cyrin Cyrilin word
Captain Cyrin Cyrilin of the Stormy Moon (Crescent Pirates) (1-1-2004 18:21:15):
Oh yes. Is afk a zormite word?

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Spot the non-RPing...

darkemporor
01-01-2004, 09:22 PM
This has to be the weakest, most blatant attempt to police RPing and (yet again) create unrest toward Zormites, I have yet to witness from you gozelda.

1. PM messages are not, on the whole, considered an arena for RP. So the quote of our brief pm conversation is moot in terms of an RP complaint.

2. What is the point of either screenshot you provided? All they serve to prove is your poorly planned and everlasting vendetta against Zormite. You are the one who left Zormite to kill a fellow Zormite. Live with it.

I suggest you try another avenue to embarrass Zormite, as RP police you apparently are not yet skilled enough to tackle.

P.S. Arrrr!

Wren

CaptainDax
01-01-2004, 09:27 PM
If you wanna RP, take me on for size, and don't bash my fellows. Keep that in mind, that I am always here if you want to see true RPing.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Lolzies :p

While the whole situation a while back was quite bogus, he was PKing ohnstad or something, which is now that we know more about it/him easily understandable o_O

meishanli
01-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Well, you're the one sticking you nose in Zormite while you're in CP. I was saying "toguild" messages, and you said to CP "something brewing up in Zormite". I asked you why you said that, and it's none of your buissness and you responded " Dax has a Zormite shield , ask him who gave you that". Then you said "since I gave the shield to Dax, Im kinda part of Zormite". I doubt. If I gave something to a CP member , does it mean I'm "partly" in CP? I don't think so. Just because you gave an item to an kingdom member, doesn't mean your party in that kingdom. :\
And yeah, everyone is trying to RP. We're building up our skills. :)

Strategus Akira Ryuko Sagesun(Zormite Republic)

darkemporor
01-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
Lolzies :p

While the whole situation a while back was quite bogus, he was PKing ohnstad or something, which is now that we know more about it/him easily understandable o_O

Not to me. What Zormite he PKd and for what reason is of no consequence to the severity of such a crime. At the time, Ohnstad was a citizen in good standing.

What I know now about that situation is that gozelda supported a scammer who stole from a Zormite. Then gozelda left his kingdom to PK that victim (Zormite) in defense of the scammer.

His leaving kingdom to do so, knowing now that person is no longer in Zormite, makes the offense not in the least more understable to me.

Wren

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by darkemporor
At the time, Ohnstad was a citizen in good standing.

Who PKed me on-tag, while i was wearing a Zormite Shield. Wow, yeah, RP, yeah man.

Oh, spot the non-RPing?
Well what in the world is a Guild messegg? -_-

And the PM, well... condoms, afk... that has to do so.

CaptainDax
01-01-2004, 10:39 PM
How dare you say you gave me your Zormite Shield. It was a gift from Wren. Keep my name outta your mouth.

darkemporor
01-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
[B]
Who PKed me on-tag, while i was wearing a Zormite Shield.

Point of fact, conveniently omitted. If you were both Zormites how could he PK you at all?

After you watched him get scammed, the scammer PKd him, and you left kingdom to add injury to insult. How dare you use the fact that you were wearing a Zormite shield as some distorted defense that you were of a higher 'respectability'?

Im more insulted that you continued to wear the sheild after leaving your kingdom than I am at him PKing you after you assisted his scammer.

Wren

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 11:35 PM

If you were both Zormites how could he PK you at all?

Did i say i was in Zormite? *sigh*

darkemporor
01-02-2004, 07:39 AM
......... Anyway..... drawing this (one of many RP police type) thread to a grand finale, I will just list below, the names of the New Years Day-2004, server wide, RP event winners.

There were 9 teams of 5 well heeled GK rp'ers competing....most of the present company (who posted in this thread) included!

Let the record show that Zormites who shined in this lengthy and arduous RP event (which included members from all kingdoms and many kingdomless players) were as follows:

From 2nd place Team
Talus Pulchrite Chancellor of Zormite
Akira Ryuko Strategus of Zormite

From 3rd place Team
Wren Sagesun Archigos Dictatress of Zormite
Dax Issani Citizen of Zormite
Ashtin Vaye Archist of Zormite

Many more Zormites participated in the RP event.

Congratulations for these outstanding RP efforts and results achieved by Zormite kingdom members.

Wren Sagesun Archigos, Dictatress
The Zormite Republic

LordZen
01-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Man, comeon. This is just dumb. I have seen people complaining so much about roleplaying on these forums. And for what? What do you accomplish and what do you prove?

In every nation there is crime, and in every kingdom on GK you are going to find people who do not meet up to expectations. Its unrealistic to be able to scold another group without being hypocritical to some extent. So whats the point? Just drop it...

We'd see alot more progress if people spent less time expending all their energy on negative bickering and more time on trying to help one another be their best.

Gozelda, I am in no way directing this at you personally lol. This has been happening for as long as I can remember. All it is doing is making GK look less attractive to the graal community. I comend people who approach the problems on GK from a more progressive standpoint.

*sigh* Who can call this fun?

GoZelda
01-02-2004, 05:58 PM
......... Anyway..... drawing this (one of many RP police type) thread to a grand finale, I will just list below, the names of the New Years Day-2004, server wide, RP event winners.

There were 9 teams of 5 well heeled GK rp'ers competing....most of the present company (who posted in this thread) included!

Let the record show that Zormites who shined in this lengthy and arduous RP event (which included members from all kingdoms and many kingdomless players) were as follows:

From 2nd place Team
Talus Pulchrite Chancellor of Zormite
Akira Ryuko Strategus of Zormite

From 3rd place Team
Wren Sagesun Archigos Dictatress of Zormite
Dax Issani Citizen of Zormite
Ashtin Vaye Archist of Zormite

Many more Zormites participated in the RP event.

Congratulations for these outstanding RP efforts and results achieved by Zormite kingdom members.

Wren Sagesun Archigos, Dictatress
The Zormite Republic
So what? That's like, uhm, Superman not saving someone when it isn't an effort, and saving him when he'll get money...

Really, if i can go around on-tag saying 'pwned u, nub', then i win an RP event because i actually do RP then, then brag about it, isn't that a bit odd? :\

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by LordZen

*sigh* Who can call this fun?

I wouldn't call this thread in particular fun, but i actually get quite a lot of entertainment out of argueing with people on the forums o_o

Anyway...*Puts his fingers in his ears and starts to shout* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAA AAAAAAAAA IM NOT LISTENING TO THIS THREAD, LALALALALALALALALALAAAA

CaptainDax
01-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Mister GoZelda, I keep careful watch over my Zormites. I make sure they don't go around making fools of themselves. If they do, they get punished. Simple as that. Now, if you please, shut the eff up and stop this vendetta against Zormite. Your RP is not perfect, therefore, don't throw the the first rock.

darkemporor
01-02-2004, 10:06 PM

So what? That's like, uhm, Superman not saving someone when it isn't an effort, and saving him when he'll get money...

What IS the point then?

Isn't your original point that Zormitians are poor RP-ers? (Which is in truth ----as proven, not the case.)

Or is your point now that Zormitians don't RP when you want them to? You use an example of improper RP (on-tag saying 'pwned u, nub') but provided 2 irrelevant screenshots.

A healthy dose of 'mind your own bidniz' definately comes into play here.

Leave Superman alone, would you please? He has the superior skill to save according to his conscience, inspiration and discretion, and is under no obligation to do so to please you or your unreasonable standards of saving people. Nor anyone elses, for that matter. He doesn't EVEN have to save YOU, if he doesn't want to. (hopefully you see the metaphor)

If not-------

When we start attempting to dictate time, place, duration, direction, reasons for, with and without whom, and in what circumstances RP is necessary, appropriate or required in such minute detail... it stops being fun and starts feeling like a chore. No one enjoys RP-ing under pressure. No one learns or flourishes under such continous oppression and scrutiny.

Obviously however, some people just enjoy conflict.

It's ironic that these conflicts about RP consume so much time and energy in forums which otherwise could be spent establishing acceptable RP on the game. For some, it must be more fun to try to make fools of others than to improve the quality of the game they so enjoy complaining about.

In the final analysis, people (like gozelda) who use emoticons during RP (among scores of other RP errors), should not have the audacity to attack the methods and details of RP technique used by other players and then expect anyone to actually take them seriously.

Wren

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-02-2004, 10:18 PM

For some, it must be more fun to try to make fools of others than to improve the quality of the game....

:confused:
These are known as the PKers and general population of Bomboria Trading tables, wren.

LALAAAAA STILL NOT LISTENING LALALALALAA

GoZelda
01-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Hm, i guess i'm not clear enough.

Is 'guild msg' proper RP speech? No.
You say your Zormite pals RPed so good in that event. Well, then why don't they all the time on-tag?
Well Dax, erm, guess you can punish Ashtin then? For talking about condoms on-tag? Without the (( OOC )) brackets? :\

people (like ruatha) who use emoticons during RP (among scores of other RP errors),
There's nothing wrong with CTRL+<whatever> emoticons...
Oh and name some RP errors, please. Then there's no need to lock this thread for anyone, because no one can reply!

(Nothing personal Ruatha, but you do use =) and all on-screen)

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Lol, no offence taken :)
It's my personal opinion that typing *smiles* or "=)" or just pressing Ctrl+s are all the same when it comes to roleplaying. They're all just a face, some a little more visual than others, but then again that's the whole point of graalian RP, and was the whole point of making GK really; Visual aid and physical features to help enrich roleplaying, and speed things up a little more [which is a fact most players seem to ignore, for exmaple powerplayers not giving a crappo about what items look like as long as they give them leeto stats o_o]. Why would stefan&co have made GK so pretty and graphically superior to...everything else on graal...if they knew that everyone was just going to ignore it and act like people on classic servers?

LALLALALA

darkemporor
01-02-2004, 11:40 PM

You say your Zormite pals RPed so good in that event. Well, then why don't they all the time on-tag?
Well Dax, erm, guess you can punish Ashtin then? For talking about condoms on-tag? Without the (( OOC )) brackets? :\

The Zormite people are a talented, intelligent and gentle people rich with variety, creativity and experience in their RP. I have seen countless examples of self expression both eloquent and meaningful while participating in roleplay with fellow Zormites. As a result of RP interaction with Zormites I have laughed out loud, I have cried, I have been sentimentally touched, I have been enthralled, and I have been inspired into action.

The simple fact to be recognized is, the quality of RP that you experience on any interactive RPG and might witness on screen in this particular game - in largest part - will be a bi-product of what you, yourself contribute to that RP interaction.

If you find Zormites or any other kingdom members, on tag, suddenly abbreviating words, speaking unexpectedly OOC or otherwise shutting down their RP to you personally, I would suggest you spend more time examining what you are doing which has this repeated effect on players and results in the disappointing RP that you seem to be experiencing.

As a rule, what you describe and complain about so often on forums in regard to Zormite RP particularly has not been my experience. Nor, has it ever been very well supported in any forum thread that you have created on this topic.

Look within,
Wren

meishanli
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM

There's nothing wrong with CTRL+<whatever> emoticons...
Oh and name some RP errors, please. Then there's no need to lock this thread for anyone, because no one can reply!

(Nothing personal Ruatha, but you do use =) and all on-screen)

I believe you entered the RP event as well? Well, if you were so good, why didn't you come first, second or third place? You boast on how you're such a "good RPer" but did you win the RP event? No. :P. Many Zormites managed to win. Im not bragging, but you did say to me that "I left Zormite because they don't RP." Well, you're very wrong. And it seems like you need to practise RPing yourself.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by meishanli

I believe you entered the RP event as well? Well, if you were so good, why didn't you come first, second or third place? You boast on how you're such a "good RPer" but did you win the RP event? No. :P. Many Zormites managed to win. Im not bragging, but you did say to me that "I left Zormite because they don't RP." Well, you're very wrong. And it seems like you need to practise RPing yourself.

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50084

That answers your question, dude =/
As well as the fact that we were under extreme pressure, only had like 5 minutes to prepare just like everyone else...not everyone can roleplay that well udner these conditions. Also, there were 10 groups incase you forgot. Not everybody can be a winner. Plus now that i think of it, everybody would have done a -lot- better if we'd been told what the judges were judging people by at least; we all went in using different styles of roleplay that were all good, but might not have been what the judges are looking for.

Don't go saying "many zormites managed to win" because many zormites also didn't win, such as myself, ben and devask who were also in Cyrin's group. Ever consider that he might not have won because of us, and not him? Eh? Did you? ;)

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by meishanli

Pardon me, ma'am, but perhaps it could also be the group i was RPing with?

Oh and Wren, don't act stupid. These Zormites are in front of the post office, have an talk about some stupid sex game, and it's all ooc. You're saying they shut down to me? It's rather more they're very open to me.

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Anyway, i need some help translating some Zormite language :rolleyes:

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Anyway, i need some help translating some Zormite language :rolleyes:

Wts, our language is -easy- to decypher. All it is is "glub glub blubbluublubl wibble wibble glub". To translate, that meant 'cyrin is a big lump of seaweed'.

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Wts, our language is -easy- to decypher. All it is is "glub glub blubbluublubl wibble wibble glub". To translate, that meant 'cyrin is a big lump of seaweed'.
Ah, and how about

msg
condoms
sry
u
IDK
etc...
?

darkemporor
01-04-2004, 08:01 PM

These Zormites are in front of the post office, have an talk about some stupid sex game, and it's all ooc. You're saying they shut down to me?

If this is so, why didn't you provide a screenshot of THAT instead of some ambiguous samples in which only YOU were speaking?

GoZelda, you must have a wonderful game. Nothing to do but go around documenting the moments when Zormites go (oh so offensively) OOC. (Something in me suspects also this is happening after not a little antagonism from yourself.)

For Zormites, it's not unusual to have our actions be so important and deeply interesting to other players.

As for emoticons, abbreviated expressions etc... In truth, if one can decide for himself whether these are appropriate in classical RP sessions, then when someone like GoZelda presents himself as an enemy of Zormite, both in game and in forums, why is it so surprising to see Zormites forgetting (()) when they respond to your on screen insults?

It's much like getting improperly PKd on tag. You're not going to stand there and let someone beat you to death because you're on tag and he's not. You're going to respond in kind until a proper RP can be re-established.

Rp is much like giving a little piece of yourself in exchange to another person. You are not ever going to see Zormite's best RP when all you do is attack, criticize and be-little.

Wren