PDA

View Full Version : Active / Inactive?

D1ce2
12-28-2003, 11:36 AM
What are you?.
I've notice there hasn't been any new levels being posted...
From what I've seen so far none of the 2 should be a mod; No offence to the 2 who have been nominated (Haunter, Aknts). But when was the last time you have made a level?. Your being a mod whilst a row-modle to young LAT trainee's and I see nothing from either of you. Care to reply with a recent level? or are you inactive?.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

Spark910
12-28-2003, 02:35 PM
The jobs filled was for a moderator, not an active level maker.
While it makes sence to have someone in that field as the moderator and someone who knows something about what they are moderating, its not vital.

Alot of people aren't working on projects anymore so don't post levels. Or other good level makers dont have access here, so no levels posted.

Personaly I think its hard to make a good nice level. Most are just rubbish or boring, in the sence of originality. I will use server tilesets though. I had fun making an era one. And I may work on a kingdoms one. But the walls limit me to how good the level could be. So im sure the others feel the same that its hard to think up a good level. And unless your working on a project you just have to wait for an idea to pop into your head.

Crono
12-28-2003, 04:03 PM
I havn't made anything decent in a while so I don't post much :[ last thing I posted was my elven tree house which wasnt that amazing. I'll just pull something together one of these days and have people rate it to bring back this forum section XD

D1ce2
12-28-2003, 05:45 PM
I agree with what you said. But I'm not complaining about the quality or how it looks. I'm concerned about the posting and what it show's to us all..
Can I see the era level? :)

SingleChance
12-28-2003, 07:32 PM
i'm bored of making levels..
i haven't made one in about a month :(

i might try one soon with the EoA tileset... maybe...

D1ce2
12-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Well this is going no where good. How about you post your last level you made?. And don't make it look good because it's old. I'm not accusing anyone of this.. :)

SingleChance
12-28-2003, 10:24 PM
here's the last level i posted on the forums..

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47844

zell12
12-28-2003, 10:34 PM
If the spot was for a Moderator, and not a level maker. Then why is he the mod? Shouldn't someone with experance be a mod? You must say these things when you are arguing a fact. I think Shadowless is capiable of running a dead forum. Heck, even pegleg could...

D1ce2
12-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Lol. I love the level, I dislike the house though! :(. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a mod but he could help people and post some levels once in a while x.x

Luigi1
12-28-2003, 10:53 PM
"Moderator" is not synonymous with "level maker".

haunter
12-28-2003, 11:35 PM
It's basicly been said before. My job isn't to post levels for you to gawk it. It's to make sure you kids play nice... I've got far better things to focus my level making abilities on at the moment.

So... Everybody salsa! *dance*.

note: please excuse any horrible grammatical or spelling errors within this post.... @_@;

zell12
12-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Does anyone even care about us level makers any more.

SingleChance
12-29-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by zell12

I doubt it..

zell12
12-29-2003, 01:58 AM
You all strink.

haunter
12-29-2003, 02:14 AM

With these new terrain/dungeon generators, we become less needed... Even though it makes graal a whole lot uglier, and less interesting... They don't need us to click a few buttons and generate an overworld...

ForgottenLegacy
12-29-2003, 06:54 AM

I worship good level makers. I give them tryouts and hire them on Babylon. :-)

Kigan
12-29-2003, 07:34 AM
The things I take into consideration for a Good Level are different than what a lot of the Eleetist Level Makers that popped up arround the time of 2001 would like to consider a good level. Take your ugly, bloated, tiling-style and stick it :p

You know, most people don't even care if a level looks like a peice of art (how ever abstract it may be) they just care if it's fun, and bug free ;)

Aknts
12-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by D1ce2
What are you?.
I've notice there hasn't been any new levels being posted...
From what I've seen so far none of the 2 should be a mod; No offence to the 2 who have been nominated (Haunter, Aknts). But when was the last time you have made a level?. Your being a mod whilst a row-modle to young LAT trainee's and I see nothing from either of you. Care to reply with a recent level? or are you inactive?.

Please don't take this the wrong way.

Umm I have posted levels and tutorials.. Just because I have posted any recently doesn't mean I am not fit for a mod job. I made a level last week. Put its on EoA which is a server.. I didn't know that every time I made a level i had to post it on the damn forums. I'm sorry sir..

Oh and Excalibur no one gives a **** about any level makers.. We are the third class of Graal. If we were on the Titanic we would be the people dancing on the piece of **** wood and drinking old cheap beer.

Geno
12-29-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Aknts

cheap beer.
Natural Ice is so gross :(

zell12
12-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Aknts

Umm I have posted levels and tutorials.. Just because I have posted any recently doesn't mean I am not fit for a mod job. I made a level last week. Put its on EoA which is a server.. I didn't know that every time I made a level i had to post it on the damn forums. I'm sorry sir..

Oh and Excalibur no one gives a **** about any level makers.. We are the third class of Graal. If we were on the Titanic we would be the people dancing on the piece of **** wood and drinking old cheap beer.
I know what you mean. :( Though it still would be fun to go on the Titanic. :cool:

haunter
12-29-2003, 08:55 AM

I know what you mean. :( Though it still would be fun to go on the Titanic. :cool:

Oh yeah... :rolleyes: Being on a doomed ship only to end up dieing in freezing waters would be awesome...

D1ce2
12-29-2003, 09:50 AM
::Attack of the level builders!::

Okay I care about you level builders, most servers suck without you. Most like Enigma have copied and inserted grass :\. Without any of you LAT's (Good LAT's I should say) there would be servers like Enigma and it leave's us all wondering how the level's passed. More and more will happen if you are questioning about "no 1 care's about level makers". No offence but sell your self, no not like a prositute :o Go on servers and get your self noticed like Aknt's said he made a level for EoA which I am glad (Would of been better if we saw it though!).
My point is, your complaining about being noticed, God post some levels then get your self noticed how hard can it be, Wandaman get's noticed and he dosn't post here nor' does he try for Jobs. If you want to get noticed don't just sit there doing nothing. This is aimed at you all for saying about not being noticed not just aknt's ;).

It's basicly been said before. My job isn't to post levels for you to gawk it. It's to make sure you kids play nice... I've got far better things to focus my level making abilities on at the moment.
Well can you make one or atleast rate one if the occasion comes up?.

Sorry if you take this offensively

haunter
12-29-2003, 09:56 AM
::Attack of the level builders!::

Well can you make one or atleast rate one if the occasion comes up?.

Sorry if you take this offensively

Excuse me? When somebody posts a level I usually give tips on how to make it better... No I don't rate it, but what good is that going to do?

And I've already said that i've got better things to use my level making abilities on... I've got responsibilities on Graal2001, I need to focus my level making time on that, not for posting useless levels on the forums for some obscure reason.

Nitkizi
12-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by haunter

With these new terrain/dungeon generators, we become less needed... Even though it makes graal a whole lot uglier, and less interesting... They don't need us to click a few buttons and generate an overworld...

Aww, -pet pet-

I'll make a new foundation to protect this endangered species! HAL (Habitat for LATs), HAL just sounds better than HFL :P

Wait..I used to be a LAT..EoA's tileset is fun..but I just lost my touch and I'm not in the mood to develop right now :\

D1ce2
12-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Excuse me? When somebody posts a level I usually give tips on how to make it better... No I don't rate it, but what good is that going to do?

And I've already said that i've got better things to use my level making abilities on... I've got responsibilities on Graal2001, I need to focus my level making time on that, not for posting useless levels on the forums for some obscure reason.
Well why don't you post a level you edited, just as good as one you made x.x

haunter
12-29-2003, 04:13 PM

Well why don't you post a level you edited, just as good as one you made x.x

You don't seem to understand very well, huh?...

I'm not taking precious time to answer your every beck and call... I've got more important things to do.

Crono
12-29-2003, 07:47 PM
(Good LAT's I should say)

What about the decent level makers like me? :(! Go rate my inside elven forest tree house thingy level i made a while back.

zell12
12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
Level Makers > Scripters, graphic makers, and gani makers.

haunter
12-30-2003, 07:03 AM
Level Makers > Scripters, graphic makers, and gani makers.

Don't start anything...

zell12
12-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Excal > Shadow *starts something*

Shroomed
12-31-2003, 03:10 AM
put you face on the furnace, *ends something*

zell12
12-31-2003, 08:26 AM
u r we1rd

Thak2
12-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Shadowless is really active.

Maybe so much that its crazy.

syltburk
01-02-2004, 12:31 AM
:) I make levels activly :D, im trying to get better every day and right know im working on EoA :)

But level makers is not a job that no longer is needed (Some people think), :(

D1ce2
01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by syltburk
:) I make levels activly :D, im trying to get better every day and right know im working on EoA :)

But level makers is not a job that no longer is needed (Some people think), :(
By saying that, who allway's comes back for help after you quit a job?. The manager :p