View Full Version : V3 Suggestions/Improvements

GTXOO
12-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Here's a list for my suggestions:

For the startup screen:
Password Saving

Options Screen:
Send Graphics to selected folde

Player List goes outside of the program box.

In Game:

In F1, it would be cool if you could have a browser there.
and maybe if Graal Messenger gets finished...ever... add on another F slot for that.

Bux Fixes:

Animation's, they turn purple. A big purple block appears when animation starts.

VeX_RaT_Boy
12-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by GTXOO

For the startup screen:
Password Saving

Lowered security...doubt that it will be added.

Options Screen:

That would be good, yes.

This won't be added.

In Game:

and maybe if Graal Messenger gets finished...ever... add on another F slot for that.

Is graal messenger still being made? The brower would be good for fullscreen!

Bux Fixes:

Animation's, they turn purple. A big purple block appears when animation starts.

Transparent error. Use gif2mng to fix the error.

zell12
12-23-2003, 11:03 PM
You need to use 24 bit colors X_x

Kronan
12-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by GTXOO

For the startup screen:
Password Saving

Options Screen:

In Game:

Bux Fixes:

I agree with the password saving.

tlf288
12-24-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Kronan

I agree with the password saving.

i don't.

VeX_RaT_Boy
12-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by tlf288

i don't.
Amen. It's not hard to learn your password....

-Ramirez-
12-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Stefan, don't you think it's about time to correct your annoying, incorrectly spelled event? "playertouchsme"... alsdkjfaslkdalkd

At least make "playertouchesme" work as well. :P

...Oh, and if possible, make it to where spaces work in more places. For example, setstring string, text; would trim all of the spaces before "text".

VeX_RaT_Boy
12-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by -Ramirez-
Stefan, don't you think it's about time to correct your annoying, incorrectly spelled event? "playertouchsme"... alsdkjfaslkdalkd

...Oh, and if possible, make it to where spaces work in more places. For example, setstring string, text; would trim all of the spaces before "text".
I have never had any problem with playertouchsme.... I don't see why someone brings it up after 4 years with it o.O

But I do agree with the string thing....It pisses me off sometimes

Hevaricubed
12-24-2003, 05:05 PM
What if you want to insert a single space?

setstring sentance,#s(firstword)#K(32)#s(secondword);

?

Bleh.

MrGannondorf
12-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by VeX_RaT_Boy

Amen. It's not hard to learn your password....

sure, its easy to learn a password, but many people are realy lazy. I know my password by heart but I'm still lazy. Either way, if the player is concerned about security, they can choose to not save if they want it to. I don't see why what your preferances on the option should be EVERYONE's preferance on the option.

As for playertouchsme, I think changing the flag's name would cause more trouble than its not even worth. Live with it and keep typing in your password by hand.

jake13jake
12-24-2003, 10:28 PM

Yeah... Kat.... and you're the one banishing me from suggesting bounty hunting and underground mine carts on your suggestions board?

For all to see:
Kat privately messaged me on his boards.... "Just to let you know, any further threads you make about suggestions or anything relating to development will be deleted. Don't waste my time and your own. We do NOT have the time to consider any of your bs, so ****. "

-Ramirez-
12-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by VeX_RaT_Boy

I have never had any problem with playertouchsme.... I don't see why someone brings it up after 4 years with it o.O
If you're as obsessed with spelling as I am, it's quite annoying. Besides, I can't imagine it being that difficult to make them both usable. No doubt everyone will be used to typing "playertouchsme" rather than "playertouchesme", so it would be better to have them both.

Originally posted by MrGannondorf
As for playertouchsme, I think changing the flag's name would cause more trouble than its not even worth.
Note how I said "At least make 'playertouchsme' work as well." I hardly see how that could cause problems if they both existed.

Originally posted by jake13jake
Post that has nothing to do with this thread.
Um...? Can you please tell me the purpose of posting what you did? How is that relevant to anything here? The Graal forums weren't made for you to release your anger.

jake13jake
12-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Yea, Kat, ban me from your forums... I don't care.... Why don't you be a real man like PR and ban me from the server, too?

DIABLO2099
12-25-2003, 06:32 PM

If you're as obsessed with spelling as I am, it's quite annoying. Besides, I can't imagine it being that difficult to make them both usable. No doubt everyone will be used to typing "playertouchsme" rather than "playertouchesme", so it would be better to have them both.
Both are incorporated in the new engine.

Crono
12-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Meh, if they want us to be happy with the "no password saver" then they should let us change our own passwords. I dont want to memorize another long list of letters/numbers. Why? I shouldn't have to if we can just be able to change our own passwords. If an idiot makes his password easy and everyone figures it out, it's the person's fault.

zell12
12-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Whats wrong with password saving? It's on the current version, and they can't steal it unless you active a keylogger on a trojan and type it in. So your more safe with the password saved. :)

Whats up with your guys and security anyway, we have has password saving so years now, and it is on basically every login for every program or website that needs one.

Besides, it only takes a week or so and someone can brute force your passwords anyway. So who cares. Password saving saves time and effort.

Python523
12-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by DIABLO2099

Both are incorporated in the new engine.
Please do not say things you would have no clue about

marcoR
12-28-2003, 12:36 AM
I know you once scolded me for trying to save you time, in answering a question - I said nothing against it until now, because he may be also trying to Help you. Who knows his actual intention tho, he could be playing a fine game of cat and mouse with us all, and this is only the beginning.