PDA

View Full Version : Coven of Lyteriah


deman1171
12-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Hello graalians! It is i, Emily.
I have decided to create a new guild, alot like the other roleplaying guilds such as Nighthawks, i plan on it being strictly roleplay and very organized, i have decided it to be a Coven, for witches.
At first, i was going to use one of Graal Kingdoms gods to worship, but then i decided none of them fit the description of the coven.
So i decided to create our own goddess, Lyteriah
She is a very powerful goddess, based on dark magic, corruption, cannibalism, and she has no guilt, she plagues others and enjoys causing havoc.
She is a cobra, or more like a Naga, she doesen't accept much tolerance from others, and the coven are worshipers of her.

Hm, i'll post information on our coven.

The Coven of Lynterauh is a gathering of witches, whom practice sorcery in witchcraft, and other particular rituals, different from other types of magic. They are strong worshipers of Lynterauh, and are of the Evil Affinity. The Coven of Lynterauh is prone to eat human flesh in blood, also known as Cannibalism, and want constant power. They sacrifice any corpses to their god, in hopes of gaining something beneficial to their causes. They live out in foggy old woods, in old wooden shacks always practicing and improving upon their magics and rituals. They have an odd way of transportation, enchanting the common household item known as a broom, to hover over the ground, and pose fear in the hearts of others.

Basic rules to remember:

People of the Coven of Lynterauh are not to follow any other god except their own.
People of the Coven of Lynterauh are to respect fellow members, and will never do anything harmful to another coven member.
No one person may withold a secret from the other members. She must tell the rest of the coven of any such hidden secrets, for no secrecy is allowed within the coven.

The Coven is formed of isolated women, who strongly believe in the evil Dark Arts. They are not truely identified with any nation, and tend to keep to themselves. They have high respect for their fellow members. No coven member is allowed to keep secrets from the others, or would thus be punished for her wrong doing. They are a small, but spirited group of Lynterauh Worshipers, and strive to better themselves in the name of Lynterauh.

Anyway, i hope this will help the roleplaying on Graal Kingdoms atleast a little, the witches usually try to look, and act like normal citizins when in large crowds, to not be accused as witches.

I hope some of you like this idea, and will support it.
If you could, and have the free time, please go to (http://www.graalonline.com/guilds/guildslist.php?type=pending)
Then select Coven of Lyteriah, and apply to be a member.
Don't pay any attention to the instructions, i just need alot of people (anyone) to apply, so i can get enough members to get a tag, then make sure my new recruiting is very scrict.


- Headmistress of the Coven, Emily Tannare

Satrek2000
12-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Nothing for me, good luck if it works, but I wonder... your own god? you sure can rp that, but does that mean that nobody is allowed to follow any of the existing gods?

DenoriZakarum
12-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by deman1171
Hello graalians! It is i, Emily.
I have decided to create a new guild, alot like the other roleplaying guilds such as Nighthawks, i plan on it being strictly roleplay and very organized, i have decided it to be a Coven, for witches.
At first, i was going to use one of Graal Kingdoms gods to worship, but then i decided none of them fit the description of the coven.
So i decided to create our own goddess, Lyteriah
She is a very powerful goddess, based on dark magic, corruption, cannibalism, and she has no guilt, she plagues others and enjoys causing havoc.
She is a cobra, or more like a Naga, she doesen't accept much tolerance from others, and the coven are worshipers of her.

Hm, i'll post information on our coven.

The Coven of Lynterauh is a gathering of witches, whom practice sorcery in witchcraft, and other particular rituals, different from other types of magic. They are strong worshipers of Lynterauh, and are of the Evil Affinity. The Coven of Lynterauh is prone to eat human flesh in blood, also known as Cannibalism, and want constant power. They sacrifice any corpses to their god, in hopes of gaining something beneficial to their causes. They live out in foggy old woods, in old wooden shacks always practicing and improving upon their magics and rituals. They have an odd way of transportation, enchanting the common household item known as a broom, to hover over the ground, and pose fear in the hearts of others.

Basic rules to remember:

People of the Coven of Lynterauh are not to follow any other god except their own.
People of the Coven of Lynterauh are to respect fellow members, and will never do anything harmful to another coven member.
No one person may withold a secret from the other members. She must tell the rest of the coven of any such hidden secrets, for no secrecy is allowed within the coven.

The Coven is formed of isolated women, who strongly believe in the evil Dark Arts. They are not truely identified with any nation, and tend to keep to themselves. They have high respect for their fellow members. No coven member is allowed to keep secrets from the others, or would thus be punished for her wrong doing. They are a small, but spirited group of Lynterauh Worshipers, and strive to better themselves in the name of Lynterauh.

Anyway, i hope this will help the roleplaying on Graal Kingdoms atleast a little, the witches usually try to look, and act like normal citizins when in large crowds, to not be accused as witches.

I hope some of you like this idea, and will support it.
If you could, and have the free time, please go to (http://www.graalonline.com/guilds/guildslist.php?type=pending)
Then select Coven of Lyteriah, and apply to be a member.
Don't pay any attention to the instructions, i just need alot of people (anyone) to apply, so i can get enough members to get a tag, then make sure my new recruiting is very scrict.


- Headmistress of the Coven, Emily Tannare

O.o, that is SO a rip-off of my guild, The Arcane

zell12
12-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah, is this you emily?
http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/nytlink/Emily.jpg
That is very evil.

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Oh yeah, is this you emily?
http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/nytlink/Emily.jpg
That is very evil.

Maybe their god promotes exhibitionists, and smites them with thunderbolts if they don't show people their pixels =X

zell12
12-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Doub't it. But, this is Graal.

deman1171
12-23-2003, 09:35 PM
1.) I don't even know what that guild is, this is very original and a witch coven. not whatever your guild is.
2.) I was OOC, and hyper. NyT is just an old ***** who needs to get a life.

Anyway, i know the idea of having your own god is kinda confusing, so i will sort that out somehow.
Perhaps we should just worship Balor, even though i like the idea of a goddess better.

If you have the time, please support us.

--Chris--
12-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Personally I believe all of these things are stupid and actually ruin a proper RP format on GK =/ If there are to be RP groups/guilds and such they should be a sub-kingdom of a main kingdom (Dustari, Forest etc) and not even have their own island (refer to Nighthawks.)

Zethar
12-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Personally I believe all of these things are stupid and actually ruin a proper RP format on GK =/ If there are to be RP groups/guilds and such they should be a sub-kingdom of a main kingdom (Dustari, Forest etc) and not even have their own island (refer to Nighthawks.)
heh.. RPing is already pretty much dead...

deman1171
12-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Personally I believe all of these things are stupid and actually ruin a proper RP format on GK =/ If there are to be RP groups/guilds and such they should be a sub-kingdom of a main kingdom (Dustari, Forest etc) and not even have their own island (refer to Nighthawks.)
I disagree, the idea of a RP group having to be apart of one of the kingdoms is stupid, the group may dislike all the kingdoms, or there area may not be set in the kingdoms.
Anyway, what guild would want to be apart of ANY of kingdoms kingdoms?

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Personally I believe all of these things are stupid and actually ruin a proper RP format on GK =/ If there are to be RP groups/guilds and such they should be a sub-kingdom of a main kingdom (Dustari, Forest etc) and not even have their own island (refer to Nighthawks.)

Agreed. It wasn't nice being slaughtered by TBC last night when they pretended they were an RP guild. :(

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-23-2003, 11:26 PM
This all almost sounds great....but....if you bothered to include rules...

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE DARN RP RULES?!?!?!! YOU HAVE TO ENFORCE RPING IF YOU WANT TO SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED AS AN RP GROUP!!!!!'LKNAS'LKJSA=FSA-9FISA!! ERUGH!!! ACCORDING TO THIS, I CAN JOIN AND NOT HAVE TO ROLEPLAY!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! ZORMITE?! SAMURAI?!

x_x

RPing does not mean you simply have this story set as posted on the forums, and in game you run around, PKing, saying "hah, i told u mah DF and RoW's can pwn anyone".

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
This all almost sounds great....but....if you bothered to include rules...

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE DARN RP RULES?!?!?!! YOU HAVE TO ENFORCE RPING IF YOU WANT TO SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED AS AN RP GROUP!!!!!'LKNAS'LKJSA=FSA-9FISA!! ERUGH!!! ACCORDING TO THIS, I CAN JOIN AND NOT HAVE TO ROLEPLAY!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! ZORMITE?! SAMURAI?!

x_x

RPing does not mean you simply have this story set as posted on the forums, and in game you run around, PKing, saying "hah, i told u mah DF and RoW's can pwn anyone".

You might want to be quiet now...

Zormite has had a roleplay test to get recruited for like 2 weeks now, plus there's a recruitment ban at the moment anyway, so just

BE QUIET

deman1171
12-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
This all almost sounds great....but....if you bothered to include rules...

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE DARN RP RULES?!?!?!! YOU HAVE TO ENFORCE RPING IF YOU WANT TO SERIOUSLY BE CONSIDERED AS AN RP GROUP!!!!!'LKNAS'LKJSA=FSA-9FISA!! ERUGH!!! ACCORDING TO THIS, I CAN JOIN AND NOT HAVE TO ROLEPLAY!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! ZORMITE?! SAMURAI?!

x_x

RPing does not mean you simply have this story set as posted on the forums, and in game you run around, PKing, saying "hah, i told u mah DF and RoW's can pwn anyone".
It's under construction.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by deman1171

It's under construction.

Sounds great! You should work on getting that done BEFORE ANYTHING.

Qwert616
12-24-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec


Sounds great! You should work on getting that done BEFORE ANYTHING.

Nonsense. Why RP rules certainly are important once your group is up and running, it isn't exactly required at this point. Considering she isn't recruiting actual members at the time...

narkotic
12-24-2003, 02:50 AM
If she doesn't set the ground rules and story of the group before it is formed, then she will end up with people who disagree with the direction of the group or fail to uphold its ideals.

It's either that or start off with a small group, and they form the ideals rather than just one person, and then go from there.

Forming the basis of the group AFTER it's already formed.. not exactly a roleplayed way to do things. Maybe in modern times people form groups just for the hell of it, but in this setting I would suppose there'd need to be some main driving force. Although she does have her story and such, which is somewhat questionable with the sudden creation of another goddess, she would still need to put the restrictions in place, which are just as important or moreso than a story.

It's difficult to find order in the middle of chaos :-/

Qwert616
12-24-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by narkotic
If she doesn't set the ground rules and story of the group before it is formed, then she will end up with people who disagree with the direction of the group or fail to uphold its ideals.

It's either that or start off with a small group, and they form the ideals rather than just one person, and then go from there.

Forming the basis of the group AFTER it's already formed.. not exactly a roleplayed way to do things. Maybe in modern times people form groups just for the hell of it, but in this setting I would suppose there'd need to be some main driving force. Although she does have her story and such, which is somewhat questionable with the sudden creation of another goddess, she would still need to put the restrictions in place, which are just as important or moreso than a story.

It's difficult to find order in the middle of chaos :-/

Yes, I agree that there should be a story. However, I was commenting on RP rules and guidelines.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Qwert616


Yes, I agree that there should be a story. However, I was commenting on RP rules and guidelines.

She did put some rules for members in there. So since she did that, she should have included something about RPing since that should be priority. At least something as simple as "Players must be IC while on the RP group's tag".

deman1171
12-24-2003, 05:17 AM
I have decided to worship bile or balor, wich do you think suits us more?
I don't see why there are two evil gods, and not one evil goddess.
Anyway, using a graal2002 god will be alot more simple.

Qwert616
12-24-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec


She did put some rules for members in there. So since she did that, she should have included something about RPing since that should be priority. At least something as simple as "Players must be IC while on the RP group's tag".

It still doesn't seem completely needed to have specific RP rules at this point...

Originally posted by deman1171
I have decided to worship bile or balor, wich do you think suits us more?
I don't see why there are two evil gods, and not one evil goddess.
Anyway, using a graal2002 god will be alot more simple.

I would say Balor. *shrug*

deman1171
12-24-2003, 05:43 AM
Okay, here is what i massed.

Hello.
Please go to http://www.graalonline.com/guilds/guildslist.php?type=pending
And then Coven of Bile and apply to be a member, i need alot of members to get approved.
It will be a RP guild who worships Bile.

I need 10, so please everyone go to the url and apply, so i can get it up and running and then stop massing.

Oh, it's on page II also.

Sign up now, i need support and want to go up.