PDA

View Full Version : End Of Nighthawks, new Beginning

busyrobot
12-22-2003, 04:18 PM
The Nighthawks attacked Zormite, and in a strong counter attack, Dustari and Zormite followed thier trail back to the isle from which they raided from, and drove off every last one of them.

The Order of the Black Cloak was on the shores, bought by the raiders to provide defense, but they too were defeated in the battle.

In the end, only Hawk Carters, their king was standing, and after resigning to defeat, he left the isle himself.

(I will not go into which of their people respawned, but suffice it to say, even then we had a number of survivors, they did not )

~~ Future of the Isle: ~~

We do not seek a strong western influence in the east.

Our goal was to remove the safe haven for Nighthawk raiding parties, and we accomplished that.

Those with houses built there may keep them of course.

The island, will become an trading center, building on shipping commerce as a border island between the various nations. We will add a guild tag for the inhabitants, which will contain many zormite and dustarians, but it can also be a good rp training ground for people not yet in kingdoms. It has enough room for sea fairing scaliwags, travellers from the eastern regions, wandering elves and all others that it is a real good place for people to get a taste of what sort of kingdom they will want to join later, whether cp, forest, samurai, zormite or dustari.

We will not be changing the style of buildings, but may add a fishery and trading house or such, perhaps in a mixed kingdom style of stucture, and a graveyard to honor the fallen.

This island will take on a history, not just a written rp history, but one that was the result of battles and actions of the people who play GK, and make a more dynamic and lively future for Kingdoms.
Its an rp history with an in game history.

More details will be added as time progresses, feel free to post questions.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-22-2003, 09:03 PM
<insert Padren's post quote here>

I have a crazy idea. Let's turn GK into a role-playing game; the kind of role-playing game where people roleplay. How's that sound? And...well, don't think even crazier of me, but let's say....these "kingdoms" could be groups dedicated to roleplaying. In fact, they could be the center of the roleplaying. Oh, and another one just hit my mind. They'll use traditional Graal guild tags, but if you use a roleplaying group's tag, it'll mean you're roleplaying! :eek: I'm sorry, that's probably too bizarre and insane for everyone. I'll go back and hide in my hole, drinking my grog...

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... *sadly, faintly...*
Yo..ho...ho.... *barely speaking*...and a bottle of rum

Edit:
Oh yeah, back on topic, *feels guilty*... this all sounds interesting. I guess I just don't like the idea much since I've never liked Nighthawks. You would think if people want to start their own roleplaying group, which is rather hard considering you have to get kingdoms to acknowledge you into their roleplaying, they would work HARDER than the current kingdoms and at least SHOW effort of doing so. However, when you see the leaders of the kingdom not even following traditional and commonly accepted RPing regulations, you tend to lose respect for these people.

syltburk
12-22-2003, 09:53 PM
This is nice, finally wars :)

darkemporor
12-23-2003, 05:30 AM
The official RP documentation

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49838

Dictatress Wren Sagesun Archigos
The Zormite Republic

Satrek2000
12-23-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
I have a crazy idea. Let's turn GK into a role-playing game;

Hm... is it me or is that what Padren did? His post sounds much more rp-ish than "Nighthawks sucked, we pwned them!".

LoveableNalle
12-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot
The Nighthawks attacked Zormite, and in a strong counter attack, Dustari and Zormite followed thier trail back to the isle from which they raided from, and drove off every last one of them.

The Order of the Black Cloak was on the shores, bought by the raiders to provide defense, but they too were defeated in the battle.

In the end, only Hawk Carters, their king was standing, and after resigning to defeat, he left the isle himself.

(I will not go into which of their people respawned, but suffice it to say, even then we had a number of survivors, they did not )

~~ Future of the Isle: ~~

We do not seek a strong western influence in the east.

Our goal was to remove the safe haven for Nighthawk raiding parties, and we accomplished that.

Those with houses built there may keep them of course.

The island, will become an trading center, building on shipping commerce as a border island between the various nations. We will add a guild tag for the inhabitants, which will contain many zormite and dustarians, but it can also be a good rp training ground for people not yet in kingdoms. It has enough room for sea fairing scaliwags, travellers from the eastern regions, wandering elves and all others that it is a real good place for people to get a taste of what sort of kingdom they will want to join later, whether cp, forest, samurai, zormite or dustari.

We will not be changing the style of buildings, but may add a fishery and trading house or such, perhaps in a mixed kingdom style of stucture, and a graveyard to honor the fallen.

This island will take on a history, not just a written rp history, but one that was the result of battles and actions of the people who play GK, and make a more dynamic and lively future for Kingdoms.
Its an rp history with an in game history.

More details will be added as time progresses, feel free to post questions.

Unfortunately I was not on when war broke out, If I had been Kurenai Joukai would of kicked NH's behinds ourselves for bringing war to our lands. Nighthawks Island belongs to Kurenai Joukai by simple fact you need our tag to enter Castle, well let me rephrase that It did belong to Kurenai Joukai before the war. But Nighthawks has brought on our land war against kingdoms that Kurenai calls friends and I am so ashamed. Ashamed to say that the "black cloak that showed up were also my kingsmen ( who would of been on KJ tag had I been on) For that I apoligize Kurenai Joukai wishes no harm to Zormite nor Dustari. To make sure something like that does not happen again I have enstated policy that no dual citizens are allowed in my kingdom.
I am hoping to also negociate to get back our land that was lost by the renegades of Nighthawks guild peacefuly.
Again please accept my apoligies and accept our hand stretched out in peace.

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LoveableNalle

Ashamed to say that the "black cloak that showed up were also my kingsmen ( who would of been on KJ tag had I been on)

Why would they have only been on tag if you were on? If they were true Kingdom Members they would have been on tag anyway, instead of off in their lil' PKing guild...

LordZen
12-23-2003, 06:10 PM

I am hoping to also negociate to get back our land that was lost by the renegades of Nighthawks guild peacefuly.

Your kingdom had no claims to that land prior to Nighthawk's formation and settlement.

It also is clear that the Nighthawk province was not a territory of Kurenai Joukai because it was ruled by an independant monarchy.

Besides, looking back at the history of GK kingdoms, the island will probably be much better off under the control of the Zormite-Dustari coalition.

Nighthawks Island belongs to Kurenai Joukai by simple fact you need our tag to enter Castle
That would be the result of current limitations to the game sytem, not the result of ownership.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by LordZen

That would be the result of current limitations to the game sytem, not the result of ownership.

The game system is all that matters untill all these groups decide to actually work together to form an actual role-playing game. The only options are the game system and roleplaying. And roleplaying is just a complete joke and can't be taken seriously. I scoff and laugh upon the futile attempts of roleplaying taken on behalf of people who merely go around the rest of the time being OOC. You can't simply ignore, spit on, and forsake roleplaying 99% of the time, and simply expect to be taken seriously that 1% you want to have some roleplaying action. This is referring to those kingdoms who are OOC all the time on tag as they should NOT be, and try to start some war or other RP event out of the "blue".

LordZen
12-24-2003, 01:10 AM

The game system is all that matters untill all these groups decide to actually work together to form an actual role-playing game. The only options are the game system and roleplaying. And roleplaying is just a complete joke and can't be taken seriously. I scoff and laugh upon the futile attempts of roleplaying taken on behalf of people who merely go around the rest of the time being OOC. You can't simply ignore, spit on, and forsake roleplaying 99% of the time, and simply expect to be taken seriously that 1% you want to have some roleplaying action. This is referring to those kingdoms who are OOC all the time on tag as they should NOT be, and try to start some war or other RP event out of the "blue".

...?

Well anyways, back on topic:

I'm refering to gameplay system limitations in that if system was more flexible then Nighthawks could have been made a true 6th kingdom with full K-GUI support and being able to set alliances in their own diplomacy window etc.

Just because the game was originally intended to have 5 kingdoms, if the administration decides later to add a 6th then that shouldnt mean that this new kingdom has to be a subordinate of one of the original 5. If you want to truly look at it in an RP sense, that is..:rolleyes:

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 01:26 AM

...?

I'm refering to gameplay system limitations in that if system was more flexible then Nighthawks could have been made a true 6th kingdom with full K-GUI support and being able to set alliances in their own diplomacy window etc.

Just because the game was originally intended to have 5 kingdoms, if the administration decides later to add a 6th then that shouldnt mean that this new kingdom has to be a subordinate of one of the original 5. If you want to truly look at it in an RP sense, that is..:rolleyes:

Well, since you're repeating yourself, I'll do the same:

<insert my last post here>

and...

Since people, even kingdom leaders, show horrible RPing if any at all, those very same people should not try to use RPing only to benefit them in their own success when in reality, they don't work as RPing groups for the most part. Therefore, they're using RPing to make their non-RPing group succeed.

So, since they don't go by RPing, that means they usually go by the game's mechanics and systems (example: instead roleplaying while on tag, they just go around talking OOC all the time, leveling up, senseless PKing, trading items in an OOC way ALL on tag). So, they should also work by the game's system of having only 5 kingdoms.

As for the people who actually RP and want to keep RPing, they could RP a new kingdom just fine....

LordZen
12-24-2003, 02:52 AM
I did not repeat myself, I was clarifying a point you seemed confused on..

The new kingdom was sanctioned by the administration and therefore should be alotted all the rights of sovereignty, regardless of the original configuration of the server which was also decided by the administration.

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-24-2003, 03:11 AM

Since people, even kingdom leaders, show horrible RPing if any at all, those very same people should not try to use RPing only to benefit them in their own success when in reality, they don't work as RPing groups for the most part. Therefore, they're using RPing to make their non-RPing group succeed.

You seem to be awfully ignorant and unkoweldgeable for a kingdom leader....

darkemporor
12-24-2003, 03:25 AM
What's really disturbing here is when leaders who cry out for RP on GK, then are the very first to set snobbish limitations when players actually do roleplay. Kingdoms is made up of a varied age group of players with varied experiences in roleplaying. It makes better sense for kingdom leaders to set good RP examples for players who aren't living up to their expectations, then to continuouly pound the same incessant theme into oblivion about other kingdoms RP practices or lack there of.

On one hand, these people seem to have little else to focus upon than the RP standards and happenings of other kingdoms. You can see it arise as a constant in the content of their mass messages in game, their forum contributions and in private discussions. These are the very people who criticize out of one side of their mouth saying... 'Down with this kingdom, they don't RP'... and out of the other side of their mouth...'Hey! That kingdom's roleplay effort is invalidated because they don't RP 100% of the time and in the manner to which I have become accumstom to roleplaying!'

OH! And, shouldn't such *experts* of roleplaying know that they cannot ~~correctly~~ criticize a kingdom IC because of their OOC disapproval of a kingdom's RP style/skill/etiquette?

At some point, these contradictions really do become infuriating.

I say it's time to wake up and ease up. What does any player really know about what is going on within another kingdom in terms of their RP unless their RP paths cross?
How successful can we expect kingdoms players to become at roleplaying when leaders on the game insist on boxing players and what they will accept as legit RP into a corner of how, when, where, why and with whom it is appropriate to roleplay?

Those who have a perfect RP score, 100% on tag role playing at all times? Step up here and let me be the first to congratulate you. Those who only talk about it...and talk, and talk and talk...? Please, just be quiet.

Wren Sagesun Archigos
A kingdom leader
(who ofttimes Roleplays on G2K)

Governor Raghnro Diomora of the (Crescent Pirates) (8/11/2003 1:25:01 AM):

Mass message:
The KKK are a leet guild

Governor Raghnro Diomora of the (Crescent Pirates) (12/13/2003 7:01:53 PM):

Mass message:
You don't have to listen to me. I might have been scammed. But the fact is this:
The guy upgraded my account before I even gave him anything.

LordZen
12-24-2003, 03:28 AM
Well said, lol and I love your new sig.

(Had to be sure to draw attention to that)

CaptainDax
12-24-2003, 05:23 AM
People can actually get on tag and roleplay 24/7?

Let me say, you few are my heroes.

MarkB
12-24-2003, 05:27 AM
Let me set the record straight.

Black Cloak came and aided the Nighthawks yes....But the story which Padren told you is nothing but false, and it couldnt be any farther from the truth at that. Black Cloak was already on the island when Zormite arrived. As they got off the boats(which there were like 25 of them) me and tec kept slaying people 1 by 1.....yet their people kept repawning. Which I didnt really mind because I was making a small fortune off the drops.

Unfortuneatly the NPC server disconnects. We wait a while and I go afk for some food. I come back, and the NPC server is back, there are icestorms all around me, yet I have about 400/430 HP. So I begin fighting. I find Padren, kill him. I find Wren, kill her.

I take a swipe by the dock looking for Zoe and I see Wren saying "anu wtf, zoe killed you." I reply saying no...

I am now hearing it from Padren and the rest of the 30 people on the dock from Zormite who have been killed. I get pissed off and say whatever. I go afk cuz im pissed and I come back to the comp with people saying "oh, i killed you"

Well WTF, all 10 of you people killed me and not once did a person notice on the message bar? I highly doubt any of you killed me.

You just knew defeat was breathing down your neck.

Plus, another thing...If I would have died, I would have been warped back to main. I boarded the ship while it was in the water, and I said /leave to get off the boat on Nighthawks island, and not once did I touch a dock. My HP never got lower than 300, so I dont know what the hell you people are talking about.

Its sad when you have to cheat to win at your own game.

-Mark Arcaenis

LoveableNalle
12-24-2003, 05:45 AM

...?

Nighthawks isnt the 6th Kingdom because someone just cant form a group and say " hey were a kingdom now add us" otherwise we would have 100's of kingdoms here.

And it is on Kurenai Joukai's land, just because you say it isnt dont make it so. I know where my territory reaches :-P

LordZen
12-24-2003, 06:10 AM
I think you are missing the point. The administration aknowledged the Nighthawks as being a kingdom. That is what makes the difference. Stefan doesnt go around allowing anybody who asks to have a castle. He also would not make official announcements regarding these 100's of wannabe kingdoms you speak of.

http://www.graalonline.com/article.php?sid=462

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 06:17 AM
I think you are missing the point. The administration aknowledged the Nighthawks as being a kingdom. That is what makes the difference. Stefan doesnt go around allowing anybody who asks to have a castle. He also would not make official announcements regarding these 100's of wannabe kingdoms you speak of.

http://www.graalonline.com/article.php?sid=462

According to that announcement, Nighthawks and the island is property of Samurai.

<removed something useless>

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by CaptainDax
People can actually get on tag and roleplay 24/7?

Let me say, you few are my heroes.

The only hard part of that is actually playing Graal 24/7 :rolleyes:

Lance
12-24-2003, 06:24 AM

Also, Wren, get my "name" and such out of your sig. If Zen was allowed to request his "name" being removed from my sig and it was done (though my message and point remained), I should get the same treatment he did. Or I'll just ask Kaimetsu or someone to have you do it, like he had me do...

Unfortunately for you, that is not her signature, nor does it appear after any other of her posts. She pasted two things that you've mass messaged at the end of her post to illustrate the point that you're to some degree hypocritical.

LordZen
12-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Recently south-east of the Samurai island scouts found a new island. The Nighthawks, a group of members of the Samurai kingdom, settled down there, built several docks, a nice pub and a small castle which is protected by fortifications.

The caption to that news entry proves that Samurai did not own the land before Nighthawk settlement.

The Nighthawks had to be members of Samurai in the beginning "again" because of system limitations.

Regardless, Nighthawks now have their own tags and also had their own sovereign monarchy. These are 2 signs of complete independance.

Edit: Here is a similar example to help understand whats going on here...

"Once upon a time a group of englishmen settled along the eastern coast of the North American continent. Eventually they established their own government and gave their country a name, thus establishing independence from England (given this was after a bloody war)"

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Lance

Unfortunately for you, that is not her signature, nor does it appear after any other of her posts. She pasted two things that you've mass messaged at the end of her post to illustrate the point that you're to some degree hypocritical.

Ohh! Thank you for clearing that up. I'll remove my request then. It's not really unfortunate for me, it just makes it easier :-/
The only close thing to unfortunate for me regarding this is that I wasted my time requesting the removal of it thinking it was something I wanted remove, thus wasting more of my time making this post. See what happens when you make a mistake thinking something exists when it really doesn't?
You confused me, Zen :( Not nice :(

Also, I don't see how what she posted says I'm hypocritical. The only thing I ever argue about is the problem of horrible RPing on GK. It would make me look hypocritical if she quoted me on something that makes it look like I contribute to RPing problems, when in fact, that's the last thing I do.

Edit: Oh, thanks, Zen, for clearing some of that up. I didn't think it actually happened that way though. I thought of Nighthawks always being within Samurai. I guess it makes sense for them to be considered independent after they no longer have tags and ranks within the kingdom though and use their own guildtags instead. However, I didn't know much about their story to begin with since I find it VERY hard to take ANY kingdom leader seriously is he/she simply freely acts OOC on his/her OWN ROLEPLAYING TAG. In fact, I respected the Nighthawks when they were starting, untill I took note of them acting this way (I took note of it VERY shortly...it was even before they became part of Samurai or got their own island).

darkemporor
12-24-2003, 07:05 AM
Just wanted to point out, knowing that everyone in battle will see it slightly differently... and even if we did wish to belabor the details and veracity of MarkBs death in particular, whether it was actual or simply rumored... From an RP standpoint, it is a mere technicality which does not alter the RP outcome, nor these facts:

1. In the end of battle, no Black Cloaks remained to provide resistance.
2. The King of NightHawks resigned his leadership with several witnesses present and multiple times.
3. The Alliance declared ownership of the island without dispute.
4. The Empress of Kurenai Joukai gave her blessing to the Alliance shortly after, having stated her troops would have assisted in the effort had there been time or notice.

Wren

busyrobot
12-24-2003, 07:09 AM

The caption to that news entry proves that Samurai did not own the land before Nighthawk settlement.

The Nighthawks had to be members of Samurai in the beginning "again" because of system limitations.

Regardless, Nighthawks now have their own tags and also had their own sovereign monarchy. These are 2 signs of complete independance.

Edit: Here is a similar example to help understand whats going on here...

"Once upon a time a group of englishmen settled along the eastern coast of the North American continent. Eventually they established their own government and gave their country a name, thus establishing independence from England (given this was after a bloody war)"

Recently south-east of the Samurai island scouts found a new island. The Nighthawks, a group of members of the Samurai kingdom, settled down there, built several docks, a nice pub and a small castle which is protected by fortifications.

In your 'eventually they established their own government...' regarding US history misses a rather large and bloody revolutionary war due to just how contentious ownership of that settlement was.

That said, I think your post was antagonistic, and you may not have known of the friendship both wren and I have with Nayoko, and that there is no trouble arrising from this issue.

Now, regarding Ziro_Vitrudestec's comments:

Not every thread is a 'bash the non-rping kingdoms' thread. Hijack a different thread, this one has a use already, or better yet, go into the game and rp or something. I know I do.

Now, regarding Anu:

Originally posted by MarkB

Black Cloak came and aided the Nighthawks yes....But the story which Padren told you is nothing but false, and it couldnt be any farther from the truth at that. Black Cloak was already on the island when Zormite arrived. As they got off the boats(which there were like 25 of them) me and tec kept slaying people 1 by 1.....yet their people kept repawning. Which I didnt really mind because I was making a small fortune off the drops.

Unfortuneatly the NPC server disconnects. We wait a while and I go afk for some food. I come back, and the NPC server is back, there are icestorms all around me, yet I have about 400/430 HP. So I begin fighting. I find Padren, kill him. I find Wren, kill her.

I take a swipe by the dock looking for Zoe and I see Wren saying "anu wtf, zoe killed you." I reply saying no...

I am now hearing it from Padren and the rest of the 30 people on the dock from Zormite who have been killed. I get pissed off and say whatever. I go afk cuz im pissed and I come back to the comp with people saying "oh, i killed you"

Well WTF, all 10 of you people killed me and not once did a person notice on the message bar? I highly doubt any of you killed me.

Plus, another thing...If I would have died, I would have been warped back to main. I boarded the ship while it was in the water, and I said /leave to get off the boat on Nighthawks island, and not once did I touch a dock. My HP never got lower than 300, so I dont know what the hell you people are talking about.

-Mark Arcaenis

1) we did not respawn.

2) You did die, you did respawn and I saw you myself get out of the game and sit on the dock. You told people not to attack you because you were 'out'.

- you do not have to touch the dock itself to have your restart location saved, it happens near it too, and there was a lot of fighting around the dock, I am sure you looped over it's edge at least once in the dodging and fighting.

3) I saw tec die myself, at least the text on screen.

4) we all had to deal with the stupid NPC server,

5) Zoe and Driken were never killed once at all in the battle, not one of the black cloak was still in the battle.

Side note: I know you were on the island before we were, I never said you weren't. You chose to fight in a battle that was not yours, and it didn't go your way.

Enough said, you lost, fair and square.

About the island:

anyone else have ideas about what to add or such?

MarkB
12-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Padren's Crap Here
Again. Wrong.

CaptainDax
12-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Both Driken and Zoe got stuck under the dock during the NPC reset. It was me that went back to pick them up. They never died.

And MarkB did die, Zormite's own Ashtin Vaye defeated him with Ice Storm.

MarkB
12-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Both Driken and Zoe got stuck under the dock during the NPC reset. It was me that went back to pick them up. They never died.

And MarkB did die, Zormite's own Ashtin Vaye defeated him with Ice Storm.

Fool, that was well after I said I was done because Zormite was *****ing about my "death". Anyway, it is over, the RP ended the way it was intended, we all had fun, that is all that matters. :)

<3 Zormite/Dustari and Crew

LordDrDw
12-24-2003, 07:27 AM
In the end, there were still zormites not dead. I will admit that some respawned, but no all. on the other hand Black cloaks also respawned. Both sides are guilty at such.. But overall Zormite still overran the island and cleared it of resistence. In the end, zormite and dustari stood there in a victorious manner, you, did not. thus we won the island. NH is basicly its own kingdom. and if it was samurai's why has dayaa been living there with her forces and you doing nothing after her previous problems? Proving it is dayaas. Dayaa lost it in a battle none the less. I think Things are basicly settled :rolleyes:.

LordZen
12-24-2003, 01:57 PM

See what happens when you make a mistake thinking something exists when it really doesn't?
You confused me, Zen :( Not nice :(

Yea I was confused myself because of the lines. heh.

foxyrain
12-28-2003, 08:03 PM

Well, since you're repeating yourself, I'll do the same:

<insert my last post here>

and...

So, since they don't go by RPing, that means they usually go by the game's mechanics and systems (example: instead roleplaying while on tag, they just go around talking OOC all the time, leveling up, senseless PKing, trading items in an OOC way ALL on tag). So, they should also work by the game's system of having only 5 kingdoms.

As for the people who actually RP and want to keep RPing, they could RP a new kingdom just fine....

Does that include Ziro - or are you any sort of leader? Oh oh...sorry...just curiousity. Last time I saw you, you were OOC'ing or was that your little brother or something on your account?

The fact is.....there are those of us who are trying to bring RPing back into kingdoms as once it was....so my advice to you? Rather than sit back and condemn kingdoms for not doing this or that - move out of that glass house.

foxyrain
12-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MarkB

-Mark Arcaenis

My only comment is simply: Anu or Mark, or Marko? You just cannot admit defeat.....you never have and I expect, you never shall even if we stood on your dead characters body for all the world to see, you would simply say, I was sleeping or AFK. Cop out there guy!

Amagius
12-29-2003, 07:04 AM

Also, I don't see how what she posted says I'm hypocritical.

-PAUSE-

However, I didn't know much about their story to begin with since I find it VERY hard to take ANY kingdom leader seriously is he/she simply freely acts OOC on his/her OWN ROLEPLAYING TAG.

Governor Raghnro Diomora (Crescent Pirates) (12/28/2003 11:03:02 PM):
Mass message:
Hey, I have an idea! Let's all look like complete *****s and argue over MM's!
Me first!

oms, cove is so teh nub

If you can't see, you must be a very blind man.

narkotic
12-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Heh, if you've watched global pm's, you've noticed a lot of messages like that particular example.

It looks more like sarcasm to me than an actual example of hypocrisy. Although, prolly be best to do it off tag, I've honestly never seen anyone take global messages as any type of RP, at least to be taken seriously.

Although I like to put a bit of a piratey twist on mine, arr!

Moonite
12-29-2003, 04:42 PM
a War :O
Finally a War and Im Banned :(

Satrek2000
12-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Moonite
a War :O
Finally a War and Im Banned :(

The Horn family isn't banned, but was in bed... what kind of a war is it when you can sleep over it?

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Amagius

Mass message:
Me first!

oms, cove is so teh nub

Are you implying that I'm a hypocrit because I'm not following standard roleplaying rules in mass messages in a game that has an actual game screen to roleplay on and experience roleplaying more visually and I roleplay only in-game as oppose to the many people who only follow RP rules in toguilds, and ALWAYS talk OOC in-game, and I'm talking OOC in MM's because talking IC would be a good example of horrible RPing?

If that would make me hypocritical, then I must admit that I am.

busyrobot
12-30-2003, 03:33 AM

Are you implying that I'm a hypocrit because I'm not following standard roleplaying rules in mass messages in a game that has an actual game screen to roleplay on and experience roleplaying more visually and I roleplay only in-game as oppose to the many people who only follow RP rules in toguilds, and ALWAYS talk OOC in-game, and I'm talking OOC in MM's because talking IC would be a good example of horrible RPing?

If that would make me hypocritical, then I must admit that I am.

Actually, you seem more interested in making these sorts of masses than in rping on tag, you seem to make more masses of this nature, than you rp.

I think it was a comment on what seems to be your priorities, which appear to place silly masses and whining about how *my* kingdom and others rp over your kingdom's rping.

You even threatened not to punish scammers if they scamming kingdoms you feel are not 'rp fit' enough.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot

Actually, you seem more interested in making these sorts of masses than in rping on tag, you seem to make more masses of this nature, than you rp.

I never see you in game. You cannnot know how I am RPing if we never make contact. And even we do make contact, you still have to see me make contact with someone to RP with (if it's not you...). Mass messages, however, are seen by the whole server....so I take no concern for what "seems to be" to you in this case. In other words...that's all fine, I'm not worried about it.

GoZelda
12-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Amagius

Mass message:
Me first!

oms, cove is so teh nub

Guess what? PM's are OOC.
If he'd be standing in the middle of Bomboria saying this without braces, then it'd be bad. But guess what? He didn't. Unlike certain other leaders, who say stuff like 'lol' in an event :|

Satrek2000
12-30-2003, 12:40 PM
I tend to use the brackets even in pms - and masses while on certain tags. I hardly ever rp on screen, mainly because I tend to miss hald the text someone types and I'm usually busy enough to look away from the screen for a few seconds every now and then. If there was a history for onscreen events, it'd be different. Also, I'm not saying I don't rp onscreen if I get the chance.

CaptainDax
12-30-2003, 11:05 PM
When RPing, it's proper ettiquette to use brackets whenever you're doing something OOCly, even in messages.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-31-2003, 01:11 AM
When RPing, it's proper ettiquette to use brackets whenever you're doing something OOCly, even in messages.

Yes, but I think many people agree with me when I say it's better to not try to roleplay in toguilds or MM's, and save all that effort for the in-game screen. Some things make sense for having to present in a toguild. For example, it's a waste to try to have roleplaying in PM's/toguilds/or masses like "Greetings, Knight James Redson. I bring goods from the east. I will sell you this magic ring which posses the power to <insert long explanation of what a complicated ring would do> for a mere five thousand platinum coins. *displays the ring, grinning with pride*" That's roleplaying...but it really isn't needed for PM's, and if someone is accross the world and you're RPing that you're offering them this item, you can see where the "bad RPing" comes in. It would be better to not waste time and just talk OOC, and say he's selling a "Ro_ for __ plat". However, let's say a high official were to make a long announcement/speech to all the people of the kingdom. It would be nice for after each line he sends, he were to send that same line in a mass message for everyone to see (For interested roleplayers around the "world"), or in a toguild for people who read slow or went AFK. Of course, it would work just as well (and be hilarious) if you were to not re-display the speech either, and you'd have a great RPing reason by saying "You should not have fallen asleep during my speech! *smacks him with royal sceptor*" *sighs with a tear* RPing is so fun....

LordZen
12-31-2003, 07:59 AM
God I get sick of seeing these stupid arguments about "RP". Really, its been getting rediculous guys..

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
I hardly ever rp on screen, mainly because I tend to miss hald the text someone types

How comes? :(

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

Well, we RPed with eachother and i had to repost, thus with two players at least one repost... and with, say, five players in one room on-screen RPin, that's about 10 reposts... Possibly more...

Satrek2000
01-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee

In addition to what the cat said, not only are you likely to miss a sentence if you look away for a bit, it's also possible that something vanishes before you read it entirely. If I rp, longer sentences aren't that rare, and on-screen doesn't really support them. Also, if you're in a large group, not only will half the players talk ooc without marking it, but you'll have a hard time to guess who someone is adressing most of the time.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-01-2004, 06:32 PM
This is why a system and set of guidelines for onscreen roleplaying should be devised ;)
It wouldn't be hard to follow them.