PDA

View Full Version : Sickening!

Zurkiba
12-21-2003, 08:40 PM
I go on 2k2 to check it out... and the KINGDOM LEADERS are like

'hey ur dat zurk d00d rite?'

These are RP Kingdoms, not Guilds. Please fix them.

syltburk
12-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

What did you expect?

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by syltburk

What did you expect?

Well, it's doubtful that he was IC, and PMs are rarely used for IC except for probably Dustari since they RP in toguilds (-_-), so what else should they have said?

graaliholic
12-22-2003, 10:11 PM

Welcome to Graal Kingdoms. :o

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-23-2003, 01:50 AM

If you wanted to see roleplaying, you should have gone to play a roleplaying game, not Graal Kingdoms....or else you'll become like me, addicted to GK...trying to have RPing work out...it's like being addicted to a disease....

busyrobot
12-23-2003, 05:18 AM

Tseng doesn't talk like that
Chris doesn't talk like that
Nyoko doesn't talk like that
Wren doesn't talk like that
Raghnro doesn't talk like that

Who is the culprit Zurk?

Satrek2000
12-23-2003, 03:39 PM
If you find the whole server sickening because of one person's behaviour - most likely outplay, hence not related to that person's rp-capabilities, then maybe you should look for another server. Sure, most people don't rp. Some can't. Does that mean that you can't? No. Also, I agree with padren that none of the leaders would behave like that.

Ziro_Vitrudestec
12-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot

Tseng doesn't talk like that
Chris doesn't talk like that
Wren doesn't talk like that
Raghnro doesn't talk like that

Who is the culprit Zurk?

*blushes*
I talk like that if I:
1. Have confidence that the person I'm talking to knows I am simply mocking people who actually talk like that normally or I am just joking
2. Have VERY LITTLE or NO respect for the person I'm talking to, and even dislike the person. It's my way of being insulting.

I understand Zurk's point though, it's probably exaggerated though by the way he says it. I agree that there are problems with PEOPLE (not necessarily all, or any of the leaders...I won't get into argument with that) in kingdoms who talk OOC on tag like that. I respect that Dustari is trying to bring back RPing just as I am (as shown in their forum hread about RPing regulations) though. What I'd like to see is a no-exception rule put in place in Dustari though >=) Meaning that there's no exceptions to talking OOC on tag without parenthesis and without "-OOC-" in your name. I know "noone" does that -OOC- thing anymore...if kingdoms even allow it...I allow it now though in CP. It keeps OOC people on tag to show "activity". Though I do prefer the things Ghost Pirate said he'd like to see happen if they would put RP Admins on GK (example: people having to be IC ALL THE TIME in-game). And there's people already who complain about rules of having to use parenthesis whenever on tag for OOC talk, and they say "I CANT RP 24/7", though the rule doesn't state that....they could never handle total-RPing on GK (their brains would overload and stop responding from trying to comprehend the new system).

MarkB
12-25-2003, 05:53 AM
Zurk is the RP master.

</sarcasm>

Lance
12-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Putting OOC in your nickname is preposterous. On tag = IC = RPing. You are not RPing when you are including 'OOC' in your name. Contradiction, ahoy!

Satrek2000
12-25-2003, 11:45 AM
RP-Admins won't work - people will scream corruption as they do anyway, and those admins can't be everywhere, and can never know how a conversation is meant if you know the context. Also, if players don't want to rp, forcing them will result in no good. I'm on tag whenever I'm on, I do rp when I get a chance, and I gladly use (( )) to mark ooc. It's not that hard, and - most important - I have fun playing without spoiling the fun for anybody else.

protagonist
12-27-2003, 06:57 PM
1)Fire all kingdom leaders.

2)Replace them with dancing Santas.

GoZelda
12-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

She does.

Satrek2000
12-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

She does.

Not when I talked to her recently...

GoZelda
12-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

Not when I talked to her recently...
She said this about a minute ago :eek:

Now kids take your prozac quickly and shut up

MysticHaste
12-31-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lance
Putting OOC in your nickname is preposterous. On tag = IC = RPing. You are not RPing when you are including 'OOC' in your name. Contradiction, ahoy!

Brilliant.

I don't Understand how they Can Say NO I WAS [email protected]$# When they're wearing a kingdom tag, like its a Fasion accessory.

Note: Not all people can do it, there IS a good number of dedicated RPers, but there are too many *****s that in the water, pissing everywhere, it makes you want to get out. (Bad anology? lol.) - What I'm saying is, you SHOULD be able to walk up to ANY player that has a kingdom tag on and Roleplay (Minor RP I mean, any fights and such should be planned between the players prior - I've Spoken about this in the forest forum.)

Power hungry *****s Plague the kingdoms, I can't wait for Forest to make its return, Clear low ranks, There are FAR FAR too many Inactive people (Managers and Staff, Friends of High Recruiters and such From other classic servers are given high ranks) Who rarely come on, and when they do they NEVER RP.

Less Quantity of Kingdom members, More quality.

As a Leader you should Encourage Roleplay.

Recruiting by level is a SIN. (Taking a level 20 non-rp over a level 1 Dedicated RPer is a stupid thing to do and should never happen)

Kingdoms will only get better when Recruiting standards are Higher, At the moment Dustari, Kurenai and Zormite have FAR too many inactive members, Fair enough, they have more active, but by Activity Percentile They're not doing all that well.

Don't Get me wrong, I'm not trying to Pin anyone, but I think There are too many members. (And Useless Ranks for that matter.)

Termina_Owner
12-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Erm... How I see the problem about Roleplaying is that not enough people actually promote it. I can roleplay all day, even when no one is looking, but it doesn't make much a differance because people think that I'm OOC by pure habit. I mean, as a Pirate, I just hate those Zormites, I don't mind Zormites at all, I even have a lot of friends there, but I usually call then rotten fish lumps or whatnot for the simple reason that I already have a hatred towards them, they just take it personally and try to make me take it back.

I find that the kingdom relationship problem is also because of the leaders. If they all put thier effert to make Kingdoms a better place, they would suceed... Right now, I see Raghnro complaining and trying to make people roleplay on each post (boy that's pretty stressful), however when I talk to him, he doesn't even want to acknowlegde the fact that regardless if the other kingdoms are good roleplayers or not, we must still interact with them.. Promoting warfare and activities that might interest more players to join the events... I mean, if Cresent Pirates just sit there, saying "Aye Matey" all the time, nothing really gets much action... So my pirate character is only wondering the seas in search for the spiderblood wine in which he charishes so much. No one sees me, nor does anyone really notice it, but that's just how it is... If the governor's fleet needed help, my quest for spiderblood would stop, and I'd sail those seas, even in the hardest blizzard. But the fact is, cooperation between kingdoms would promote roleplaying from both the kingdoms sides, and the players who like the recent happenings side too.

Applied Roleplaying would be perferred. All the roleplaying activities I've been in was MarkB's Event, which really was a brainteaser, and not much of a RP event... I would have thought it would be something putting much more to the character, such as: His lands has been invaded, and he'd search for a way to gain it back. I, as a pirate, would have mentioned to "cut those filthy bastards neck and send them to the king in rejoice of our victory", whereas some other kingdom, maybe Dustari, would have been more diplomatic about the situation "Try to reason with them, and if they don't cooperate, go see thier king and discuss one on one", whereas it would have really put value into what roleplaying the character is about.

When I first went to Kingdoms, I didn't know there was some bit of Role-Playing going back... Most people talked in slang, and well, the constant messaging were quite familiar to those of Era... They didn't really promote roleplaying of any kind... I mean, people wiull sell to the highest bidder, and not to thier propper kingdom before the others. I myself, would sell to my kingdom rather then to any others... Even if the other person is my best friend in real life, I just wouldn't link him getting my buy over my own kind, Character point of view.

To sum this up: Kingdom Leaders must cooperate; More kingdoms should actually apply thier Roleplaying skills at all times; Kingdoms should be all working together, allied or enemy (Even more if enemy, because there'd be more conflicts between each other). Well, hope the seas are worthy to voyage today!

MysticHaste
01-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Good to see, Rance.

I used to do that when I was a pirate, me and me first mate Dash' A good 4 months ago we'd just go sailin.

T'was a ton of fun.

But I was backstabbed by a member of the kingdom, and then the ranking char (2 down from govener it was, below tifa) took his side because they were friends.

It was appauling, I was clearly right ;( - nuff said.

Pirate is a fun char to RP.

I don't do much of that anymore, as I only just started again, and Don't have a kingdom, Kinda waiting for Forest to return.

Monkeyboy_McGee
01-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Join the Zormite Naval Defence, MH...that's all i have to say o_o

GoZelda
01-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
Join the Zormite Naval Defence, MH...that's all i have to say o_o
Didn't you said no one can join ZP anymore some days ago? o.o;
Naw come back in CP :o Zormite's lame, they can't RP and PK on-tag. And they steal your EA's

Orginally said by Termina_Owner
Erm... How I see the problem about Roleplaying is that not enough people actually promote it. I can roleplay all day, even when no one is looking, but it doesn't make much a differance because people think that I'm OOC by pure habit. I mean, as a Pirate, I just hate those Zormites, I don't mind Zormites at all, I even have a lot of friends there, but I usually call then rotten fish lumps or whatnot for the simple reason that I already have a hatred towards them, they just take it personally and try to make me take it back.
I try to roleplay as much as possible... if someone goes to talk lame, with u and all, i just read it as you, so i sorta translate o.o; but other words, like the Zormite word afk, i wonder what that is.

I find that the kingdom relationship problem is also because of the leaders. If they all put thier effert to make Kingdoms a better place, they would suceed... Right now, I see Raghnro complaining and trying to make people roleplay on each post (boy that's pretty stressful), however when I talk to him, he doesn't even want to acknowlegde the fact that regardless if the other kingdoms are good roleplayers or not, we must still interact with them.. Promoting warfare and activities that might interest more players to join the events... I mean, if Cresent Pirates just sit there, saying "Aye Matey" all the time, nothing really gets much action... So my pirate character is only wondering the seas in search for the spiderblood wine in which he charishes so much. No one sees me, nor does anyone really notice it, but that's just how it is... If the governor's fleet needed help, my quest for spiderblood would stop, and I'd sail those seas, even in the hardest blizzard. But the fact is, cooperation between kingdoms would promote roleplaying from both the kingdoms sides, and the players who like the recent happenings side too.

Heh, if anyone enters our island, i'll drive him away the pirate way ;) But it's great that our Gov tries to RP intern as much as possible - almost all kingdoms talk 'lol' and 'condoms' and 'afk' on tag.

Applied Roleplaying would be perferred. All the roleplaying activities I've been in was MarkB's Event, which really was a brainteaser, and not much of a RP event... I would have thought it would be something putting much more to the character, such as: His lands has been invaded, and he'd search for a way to gain it back. I, as a pirate, would have mentioned to "cut those filthy bastards neck and send them to the king in rejoice of our victory", whereas some other kingdom, maybe Dustari, would have been more diplomatic about the situation "Try to reason with them, and if they don't cooperate, go see thier king and discuss one on one", whereas it would have really put value into what roleplaying the character is about.
Make me EM and you will get Role Playing events... i hosted one some time ago, but i wasn't EM and the prizes were CRAP, but it was quite a succes... for a ring of speed+1 and naginata of ogma =x

To sum this up: Kingdom Leaders must cooperate; More kingdoms should actually apply thier Roleplaying skills at all times; Kingdoms should be all working together, allied or enemy (Even more if enemy, because there'd be more conflicts between each other). Well, hope the seas are worthy to voyage today
Sure, when they can RP ; they must learn to RP; why? Doesn't happen in real, does it; Farewell and hopefully Ahoy later on <3

DashDarko
01-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Arr t'was a ton of fun indeed haste
Back then in the Pirate days tings were grand Arr
Would be nice for em to be that way again me harties
Zormite doesint really have any RP that i know of ;O
CP is my recommendation to those who wish to RP
But Cp has become quite empty with RP
T'was nothing but RP back in the day

LoveableNalle
01-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by GoZelda

She said this about a minute ago :eek:

gozelda if your going to quote someone plz take the time to explain the circumstances at hand. That was said in mass messages. Where a couple of ill-mannered kids had taken upon to spam nasty things about another player and had continuously been asked to stop. I was not RPing at the time in mass messages, just reminding them to take their medicine so all of us wouldn't have to suffer. :P
"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

GoZelda
01-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by LoveableNalle

gozelda if your going to quote someone plz take the time to explain the circumstances at hand. That was said in mass messages. Where a couple of ill-mannered kids had taken upon to spam nasty things about another player and had continuously been asked to stop. I was not RPing at the time in mass messages, just reminding them to take their medicine so all of us wouldn't have to suffer. :P
"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
Yes, but weren't you the one complaining about Ziro's Al'Qaede are a leet guild messages? :\

narkotic
01-02-2004, 07:18 PM
When I first went to the Crescent Pirates' land, I sought the Governor to speak with him about joining the ranks. He chased me around his house for a while with blade in hand, inquiring why I was on his land as an unknown intruder. Finally he calmed down, and found out that I had a ship. He then prompted started backing away once he found out directions to the ship, and turned into a full run racing me back to the boat. He ended up stealing my ship and sending it on it's way to the endless seas just before he jumped off and stranded himself on an island.

Completely rp'ed, completely in character. The only time I've seen this done in my on this game so far.

GoZelda
01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah, when i still was in Zormite there were rumours of Crescent spies, so i inquered him, and he and his mate RPed it lovely :o
Also, me and the Gov chased quite some intruders away :P