PDA

View Full Version : Stefan, seriously.

Tybalt
06-16-2001, 01:38 PM
Why do you keep putting up AWFUL playerworld after AWFUL playerworld with almost no content, AWFUL levels, stolen or bad NPCs, stolen or bad graphics and completely stupid quests etc. It makes Graal look bad. I don't understand why providence was never put up since it's the ONLY good playerworld I've seen but ToT and Faheria. I really don't understand this.

Gameo
06-16-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Tybalt
Why do you keep putting up AWFUL playerworld after AWFUL playerworld with almost no content, AWFUL levels, stolen or bad NPCs, stolen or bad graphics and completely stupid quests etc. It makes Graal look bad. I don't understand why providence was never put up since it's the ONLY good playerworld I've seen but ToT and Faheria. I really don't understand this.

:(
yeah
something needs to be done
for example, a better playerworld team

Poogle
06-16-2001, 02:17 PM
ToT should be bettter real soon and it rocks right now! Im tring to put up a server with no stoled IMGs or NPCs inless they are made by other players

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 02:19 AM
Please answer ;(

TB3
06-17-2001, 03:06 AM
Thats why we have Valikorlia ToT and Faheria (+NM) those are the only decent servers there are if you have a problem with it you make you own server ! The people that can script arent doing it but yet a buch of noobs and idiots are making PW's. 75% of PW owners are 100% Stupid the rest are less than that but some are not that much less.... They hire idiots they dont look for work half of them only want their account upgraded and some priveldges. Here lets all look at a well known exapmle: Ice Prick .... ***est server out there ... and he has Now with classes in his description it looks like he copy pasted the entire shadow dragons website into his server nothing is original The levels arent but shy close to decent the owner is a 12 old homo and the entire place degrades the qualitly of not only graal but life seeing something that doesnt make sense like that makes you feel stupid i think it almost lowered my IQ.

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 03:37 AM

I find it offensive that you are saying every playerworld is crap with the exeption of the few servers you have mentioned. The Shaded Legend team are working very hard on finishing the outer levels for a map (since it's not a level-generated server). We have many new ideas and npcs coming out soon.

How can you put down an entire server so easily? Do you even know the amount of work that goes into each one?

Again I find it very offensive you called SL an "Awful" playerworld. You most likely couldn't do half the work I do every day on SL, seeing how you quit such a simple forum job.

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 06:39 AM
I haven't seen shaded ledgends. I'll look at it now.

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 06:50 AM
Just looked through Shaded Legends.
Here's my mini review

-Some levels are nice, such as a few houses inside the starting town and a waterfall area.

-It uses lighting effects and it's not a pay server. That's not allowed and it definetly does not give a good opinion of the server.

-The links are worse than N-Pulse's, which says a lot. Maybe when you walk down a path you should warp to the path on the next level instead of into a graveyard next to it. Or when you're going down stairs into a level you should probably appear on the stairs in the next level not in the wall next to the stairs.

-Numerous tile errors, especially in cliffs

-The blatant rip-off of the burger refuge breaks my heart.

-Too much under construction! I don't see a in-progress symbol next to it!

It's a bit better than most PWs, but not much.

Falcor
06-17-2001, 07:21 AM
Shaded legends has a nice intro, Too bad thats the only thing really thats worth looking at.. =\ But if all your stuff is liek teyh intro. Ill play on the server every now and then. heheh

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 07:23 AM
atlantis is really good except for a couple things...
N-Pulse is as bad as ever...
Bravo stinks
"Enigma Graal" is laughably stupid
Elven Lands 2... worst server ever
Sidra... no good at all
Graal 3000: Potentially worse than elven lands..

RawPower
06-17-2001, 07:26 AM
Bravo stinks
Sidra... no good at all

YOU FORGOT DELTERIA :D

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 07:30 AM
delteria goes without saying :o

MoonAngel
06-17-2001, 08:39 AM
haha, he skipped Mithica =P although its going back to be a free PW the levels are sooo empty = ( too bad i dont work there anymore or the levels would be filled already :D

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 08:45 AM
hmm... i didn't see mithica on the server list... oops.

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 08:50 AM
-Some levels are nice, such as a few houses inside the starting town and a waterfall area.

We are working on many things. Right now we are concentrating on filling in the gaps, so we can make a bigmap. Once that is finished we will redo every level. I have already redone area0.graal (the starting level). expect every other level to be worked on.

-It uses lighting effects and it's not a pay server. That's not allowed and it definetly does not give a good opinion of the server.

I don't see any lighting effects because I don't have the proper graphics software. This was never mentioned to me before. I will make sure someone that can see them, reports them to me so that I can fix and upload them.

-The links are worse than N-Pulse's, which says a lot. Maybe when you walk down a path you should warp to the path on the next level instead of into a graveyard next to it. Or when you're going down stairs into a level you should probably appear on the stairs in the next level not in the wall next to the stairs.

This will be fixed. Our server was made by a few different people, all making levels by themselves. When they were done all of the levels were merged to make the server. Once our bigmap is complete we can edit the levels to fit together much better.

-Numerous tile errors, especially in cliffs

This fill be fixed.

-The blatant rip-off of the burger refuge breaks my heart.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I have never seen this level. Our server is based on a time before fast food. If you give me the level name I will take action.

-Too much under construction! I don't see a in-progress symbol next to it!

Stefan put the server up. I believe the owner asked him to give us the under construction sign, but it was never given to us.

It's a bit better than most PWs, but not much.

For now. Once the server is completed this will definitly be a different story.

We have a nice plot coming, and plan to use cutscenes (like the intro) at every event. Right now we have a new idea being worked on by me and the owners...I can't say any more until it's released.

Admins
06-17-2001, 11:04 AM
Sanstrata, X, Unholy Nation, and Teir'Dal look good.
Frolic needs some work,
Graal3000 and Sidra were restarted mainly because
they were old servers and had a lot of stuff,
but will be closed soon if they don't get better.
Also elven lands seems to not get better.

Don't know about tot and faheria since they look
more like testing server (the available levels).
Cite Perdue has been rebuild and needs some
more time.

Valikorlia and New Atlantis are the nicest
playerworlds in my opinion.

For the other playerworlds i would more testing.
Delteria looks good, although I would need to
check what illegal stuff they have. Haven't seen
lights lately. Finding out what levels are stolen
is not so easy.

Cloud_X
06-17-2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Frolic needs some work,

more time.

is not so easy.
Eek testing servers are premited?

Admins
06-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Problem is that most pw submissions
are quite big (in size) but the levels are
often of very low quality. So I see that the
staff puts much energy in it, but needs to work
more. Sometimes that motiivation in improving
the playerworld is more worth than
talented people doing some good levels
in a rush and sending it and when I have
tested it and want to contact the maker
of those levels I cannot contact him because
the email is wrong and he doesn't
send any email.

Other pw submissions are really nice or contain really
good stuff, like the Xmine thing, but are too small
for a server.
But asking if I could use it for Graal2001
would probably sound like I want to steal it.

Cloud_X
06-17-2001, 11:12 AM
Problem is that most pw submissions
are quite big (in size) but the levels are
often of very low quality. So I see that the
staff puts much energy in it, but needs to work
more. Sometimes that motiivation in improving
the playerworld is more worth than
talented people doing some good levels
in a rush and sending it and when I have
tested it and want to contact the maker
of those levels I cannot contact him because
the email is wrong and he doesn't
send any email.

Other pw submissions are really nice or contain really
good stuff, like the Xmine thing, but are too small
for a server.
But asking if I could use it for Graal2001
would probably sound like I want to steal it.

must be hard testing them all =[
Hard choices and such. Like predicting how it will turn out. For example bravo was good then when horrid when racoondog left.

Neonight
06-17-2001, 11:28 AM
I was told Genmo is going to help rebuild EL... is this true??? I think I'll go ask him if he's on now

RawPower
06-17-2001, 11:32 AM
When Faheria was released it was an actual playerworld, but we shut it down and are adding as much stuff as possible for the people to enjoy, we release the things for them to see whats coming up. Omega Faheria should be released in a couple months. it will be worth the wait I garentee that :D

Neonight
06-17-2001, 11:32 AM
Frolic needs some work,

more time.

is not so easy.

Valkorlia was the biggest PW when they went non-p2p for a week. They had over 70 at all times =o The Overworld NPC (Server) messed things up a bit. I don't know if it's fixed. Last I knew (a few weeks ago) none of the NPCs worked and the migic didn't go down. I hope that changed. I haven't played Atlantis much. Probably cuz I don't speak Deutche!

annr
06-18-2001, 03:51 AM
el looks like a poor copy of g2k1 on crack

Merlin2
06-18-2001, 04:10 AM
Bravo stinks
Sidra... no good at all

Maybe if I had help with Sidra it would be better.