PDA

View Full Version : Mercenary Army

GoZelda
12-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, because i sorta left Zormite, i started a Mercenary Army. I'm the only member now, but i'll try to get more. Sounds cool?

Khallos_2k2
12-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Not really :\
For it to work properly, it would just be another Kingdom, and we've got enough of those already.
People could have an excuse for their foul-mouthed "RP" character to run around using abusive language.
Though maybe this idea could be adapted for an RP event? We don't have enough nowadays.

LordZen
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
You left? Any particular reason why? :\

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Mercenary army....there doesnt really seem to be any point, cyrin. There aren't any conflicts right now so for a start you wouldnt get employed, and secondly, if you do bother, you'd better not let in any of those stupid PKers.

If one of those bummy powerplayers came up and started trying to PK me or take over zormite or some stupid stuff, like that, claiming it was all in the name of RP, i'd just ignore it; blatantly not RPing, just finding an excuse to PK people. And i'd especially just ignore it if a kingdom had 'hired' a load of PKers to fight for them. Sad.

GoZelda
12-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by LordZen
You left? Any particular reason why? :\
Well, this Zormite citizen was beating up Matin when he didn't got his stuff, so i left and kicked his arse. Wren was kinda pissed. Later i got PKed by a Zormite Citizen (on-tag, later he got off and PKed me over and over with his laming aura buddy, he still PKed me on-tag, nothing's hapenned against it though), while holding the goddamn Zormite Shield, which indicates i'm a respected Zormite Citizen and i wasn't ready for a fight at that moment. Anyway, Wren wouldn't let me in, Morpheus convinced me a little in giving the Shield back, so i did. Hope i get EA's back though. And RoC. I heard from Morphy later on i could go back in after a week, but i don't want to be under Wren's command anymore.

DenoriZakarum
12-03-2003, 04:46 AM
I'll join you in your rebellion, Ive tried to rebel against Zormite before but i got threatened with sexual harrassment charges =O! Let me join please? :(

graaliholic
12-03-2003, 05:38 AM
You know what would be cool? Make a assassin guild with secret members. All would RP, and work their way closer to their target, then take them out when they had the chance :D of course since it's got secret members, there would always be posers, but that's the way it would be in any situation, someone would always pose as a guild member :P That would be cool if the members were all GOOD RPers. :)

Satrek2000
12-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by graaliholic
That would be cool if the members were all GOOD RPers.

As always, there's a catch, and what a catch in this case...

LordZen
12-03-2003, 09:00 PM
...well there are issues I suppose which need to be addressed in that kingdom. It does not mean there is need for a change in leadership though, thats a bit extreme, I believe Wren would be much more understanding if you could talk to her about your position---((or if she would be more active on the forums and read this thread)).

I am sorry you were treated like that. :\

GoZelda
12-03-2003, 09:03 PM
It's also because i once toguilded "All hail Zen" - i ment Wren, but i typed Zen. I later also said to Morph, when i returned the shield, "Zen's so annoying" and he said "Zen?" and me:"I ment Wren lol, always mistype them XD".

Oh and really. She digs up two week old threads and starts accusing me of all sorts of nonsense on base of them. :whatever:

You can't help me getting treated like that though. But come back soon, conquer Zormite and make me second-in-command k?

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-04-2003, 01:10 AM
-_-
-_-
-_-
-_-

graaliholic
12-04-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

As always, there's a catch, and what a catch in this case...

I'm sure 5-7 good RPers could be found. 4-6 if you include me :P.

busyrobot
12-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by GoZelda
It's also because i once toguilded "All hail Zen" - i ment Wren, but i typed Zen. I later also said to Morph, when i returned the shield, "Zen's so annoying" and he said "Zen?" and me:"I ment Wren lol, always mistype them XD".

Oh and really. She digs up two week old threads and starts accusing me of all sorts of nonsense on base of them. :whatever:

You can't help me getting treated like that though. But come back soon, conquer Zormite and make me second-in-command k?

I've seen your posts previously GoZelda, I'd be less friendly than Wren if I were in her shoes.

And if you left Dustari to go on a PK fest, I wouldn't exactly be ready to just let you back in. If you then threatened my kingdom with a mercenary army.......I'd say the chances would drop to nil.

The irony is just too much though :D - You want to start a great rping mercenary army, and it's founder is only kingdomless because he left to go Pking. :rolleyes:

foxyrain
12-04-2003, 08:19 AM
Enough bashing Gozelda - Everything I read on forums from you is malcontent and "out to get".

Good grief......let's be happy for a change about something.

Zoe Sagesun Nightrose

darkemporor
12-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Any member of Zormite who leaves kingdom to kill a fellow Zormite (especially after watching him/her get scammed out of a precious weapon, and then defending the scammer) will 99% of the time not be allowed back into Zormite.

P.S. Calling a kingdom leader 'stupid' in pm's and/or using the word 'goddamn' and 'zormite shield' in the same sentence is not typical of one who percieves himself to be a 'respected Zormite citizen'.

Wren Sagesun Archigos, Dictator
The Zormite Republic

graaliholic
12-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by darkemporor
P.S. Calling a kingdom leader 'stupid' in pm's and/or using the word 'goddamn' and 'zormite shield' in the same sentence is not typical of one who percieves himself to be a 'respected Zormite citizen'.

What if you said "goddamn i forgot my zormite shield at home"?

DenoriZakarum
12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic

What if you said "goddamn i forgot my zormite shield at home"?

*coughshecantthinkoutsidetheboxcough* Anyway, she lets all her friends back in after they leave.

foxyrain
12-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Is absolutely unacceptable...it is the simpletons way of expression because he or she lacks the intelligence to express themselves clearly without being abusive.

"*coughshecantthinkoutsidetheboxcough* Anyway, she lets all her friends back in after they leave."

And your point is? How many of 'her friends' kill fellow Zormites?

Get out of that 'hate' box Denori.

Zoe Sagesun Nightrose

GoZelda
12-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

The irony is just too much though :D - You want to start a great rping mercenary army, and it's founder is only kingdomless because he left to go Pking. :rolleyes:
You call it PK. I call it aid my brother ((RP-Wise)).

And Wren. Ofcourse i use 'obscene' words after that. Why? Because you got me scammed a RoC and the 3 EA's.
HOW COULD MATIN SCAM THE ROC BACK IF HE WAS BANNED? HE GAVE THE DF IMMEDIATLY TO MORPH :whatever:
That's called stupid. Or ignorant.

Lance
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
You're saying you left the kingdom to kill someone in RP.

I'm saying you're a fool who doesn't understand what RPing is, and by that alone should not be allowed into a kingdom.

GoZelda
12-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Lance
Yeah. I mean, if a Dustarian sees a Forest attacking a Zormite, what does he has to do :\? It's the same to me, except that my best friend's attacked. So, i help him.

LordZen
12-04-2003, 10:59 PM
It has come to my attention that my previous post could be interpruted as an attack against Wren.

I am sorry, I did not have that intention. I have the utmost respect for her and the rest of the Sagesuns.

In fact, I re-read it and I think it sounds fine. GoZelda, I was simply suggesting to try to take it up with her personally, instead of aggrivating the problem by publicly defaming her name for what was, in your opinion, bad judgement.

At the same time I was empathizing with the type of situation he was finding himself in, the conduct of some players can be absolutely abysmal at times. My best guess is that the confusion arose from addressing both issues in the same post, and well, I did not mean to be disrespectful in any way.

Wren btw read my forum pm lol..

GoZelda
12-04-2003, 11:06 PM

I'm saying you're a fool who doesn't understand what RPing is, and by that alone should not be allowed into a kingdom.
But wait! You're talking RP here, right?
Maybe i was OOC all the time? So, IC, i'd still be in Zormite...

Lance
12-04-2003, 11:48 PM

Yeah. I mean, if a Dustarian sees a Forest attacking a Zormite, what does he has to do :\?

He makes an informed decision based upon the situation at hand.

It's the same to me, except that my best friend's attacked. So, i help him.

Except that you left your kingdom to kill one of your own. Therein lies the difference.

You left Zormite. You don't leave a kingdom OOC.

GoZelda
12-05-2003, 12:22 AM
You left Zormite. You don't leave a kingdom OOC.
But... i didn't fill in paperwork :(

foxyrain
12-05-2003, 01:07 AM
You goofed, you know it, accept it, move on .... simple as that.

:rolleyes:

Zoe Sagesun Nightrose

FenixTheBanished
12-05-2003, 06:20 AM
I think that it is a good idea to creat this rebellion against Zormite. The Zormites have transformed into an unrespectable group of kids that are addicted to this game. There is also too much peace in this game, nothing to keep it interesting nor to keep anyones interest. I think that this new Guild is a new idea, though, Im in Forest and I will not join it, I fully support it.

-FenixTheBanished

busyrobot
12-05-2003, 08:38 AM

You call it PK. I call it aid my brother ((RP-Wise)).

and then :rolleyes:

If you are going to contradict yourself, try doing it in seperate threads at least.

GoZelda
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM

and then :rolleyes:

If you are going to contradict yourself, try doing it in seperate threads at least.
That's how i call it, if i were IC. But i was OOC. Who's getting the :rolleyes: now, buddy?!?!

Originally posted by foxyrainYou goofed, you know it, accept it, move on .... simple as that.

I did - Zen wants to know why, i answer. Wren should accept it.

DenoriZakarum
12-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Brothers of the rebellion, we MUST crash the alliances. Our future depends on it, do you whant your kids groing up to know only to fight bomys while others in the world are fighting wars? We must not be too peaceful for our own good.

FenixTheBanished
12-06-2003, 04:19 AM
Denori is right, there is too much peace and we need to destory the alliances, there are too many alliances and that makes the game dull. DOWN WITH THE ALLIANCES!

-FenixTheBanished

busyrobot
12-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by FenixTheBanished
Denori is right, there is too much peace and we need to destory the alliances, there are too many alliances and that makes the game dull. DOWN WITH THE ALLIANCES!

-FenixTheBanished

Your Aran has worked hard to ensure the alliance between our two kingdoms is strong, are you speaking for your king with your above rant?

-- To address the rest of this thread: --

Now, I will just say once more to ensure it is very clear:
A non-kingdom 'rebellion' with any number of members cannot help but to be a group of people kicked out of just about every kingdom.
Even if the various kingdoms don't rp as much as would be nice, all gk rpers *are* in kingdoms, because while sparse, it is the best place to find other rpers.

Also, if you are kicked out of just about every kingdom and need to join a rebel group to have any compatriots, chances are you have had to be more than a little anti-social, scammed a little too much, fought every one of your countrymen just a few too many times, consistenty enough to be kicked out of *everywhere*.

Granted, you may steal some members from the (Space Dragons) or others who never were even in a kingdom, but overall, you are talking about a 'faux-kingdom' of those who join because they are exiled from everywhere else.

That is why I consider this idea flawed: And I think it pans out when the founder was removed from a kingdom for.....pking his own kingdom's people.

I have had people in GoZelda's position come to me before within Dustari, and problems were settled, by Dustari Law in accordance with our civil Kingdom's ways. If they acted like barbarians, they would have been cast out, much like GoZelda was.

Thus I have no sympathy for him.

If you want more rped battles within the kingdoms, post about it in the kingdom threads, as an idea for events. If you want to revive or start a new Nighthawks, I would think twice about the one intended to be founded by GoZelda for the above cause.

If you are not banned by all nations, why not join one and make it better? Improve the quality of kingdom events and Rping?

You'll get far better results than starting from scratch, many many have tried, and I am yet to see an impressive outcome.

Splke
12-06-2003, 03:58 PM

-FenixTheBanished

Down with alliances, that, have much RP involved in them, unbreakable bonds.. o.o sealed on pixeled parchment paper... Although... the idea of Justin and me in a guild togather sounds dangerous... *does a crazy cool assassin thingy .. screw it*

Anywhom, as too "I left, OOC to help my bro..." no, you left IC and your actions OOC were the pking...

Cause - Leave Kingdom
Effect - Kingdomless

Mucho Grande Respect for.. wait, nevermind.. i fail to see why I respect kingdoms that dont RP... ;o

Anywhom, alliances are abit, weird right now...

Forest --> Dustari

Dustari --> Zormite

Samurai --> Cresent Pirates

x.x I mean.. there should be a war going on in there... this isnt like some "FFX CALM" thing where we go through 10 years of peace.. i mean REALLY... if you were to actually RP, your actions would of upset somebody, and caused a war.. ;o

But... considering that "War = Recruit all kinds of good players so you can win" screw that idea... :o Whateva... meaningless discussion anywhom...

FenixTheBanished
12-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Padren, if you actually paid attention to EVERYTHING I said, I never said anything about Dustari now did I? I said ZORMITE, you need to stop adding stuff to my words that I never said.

And I hope you do not imply that Chris doesn't have a voice of his own, and nor that I am his lacky that does his work. I am loyal to him, but you on the other hand make alliances with EVERYONE, I wouldn't be suprised if you actually made an alliance with the scammer kingdom CP or the nubie kingdom KJ.

You need to pay attention to what I say before YOU rant about my opinion.

-FenixTheBanished

GoZelda
12-06-2003, 04:02 PM
How did you got the idea this is a rebel group? :\

busyrobot
12-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Padren, if you actually paid attention to EVERYTHING I said, I never said anything about Dustari now did I? I said ZORMITE, you need to stop adding stuff to my words that I never said.

And I hope you do not imply that Chris doesn't have a voice of his own, and nor that I am his lacky that does his work. I am loyal to him, but you on the other hand make alliances with EVERYONE, I wouldn't be suprised if you actually made an alliance with the scammer kingdom CP or the nubie kingdom KJ.

You need to pay attention to what I say before YOU rant about my opinion.

-FenixTheBanished

Before I give you credit where it is not due I'll point out you stated as I accurately quoted before 'DOWN WITH THE ALLIANCES!'

Dustari and Zormite have an exceptionally strong alliance, you cannot slander Zormite and threaten them without directly threatening us, period.
Add to that, your comments about mysef and the royal family on the Dustari thread *are* clearly an attack on us, your allies.

As for Chris, no, I don't think you are his lacky, nor his voice, or even speak for his political feelings.

I make alliances with EVERYONE now do I?

Forest, Zormite

That's two, Zormite has been like family from times way back, and Forest and Dustari have a strong alliance based on the old friendship of Tseng and Chris.
I was stating, that I don't think you represent your king's views in your attacks on our nations.

Before this thread and the other one you are flaming on are closed for breaking the 'no bashing threads' rule on the forums, it may be better to go back to the topic at hand, ie, Mercenary Armies, etc.

- to GoZelda:
You asked why I think it is a rebel group, you asked Zen to retake zormite and make you 2nd in command, also, you want to form it in direct response to your being kicked out of Zormite, I think the term fits then.

GoZelda
12-06-2003, 11:21 PM
- to GoZelda:
You asked why I think it is a rebel group, you asked Zen to retake zormite and make you 2nd in command, also, you want to form it in direct response to your being kicked out of Zormite, I think the term fits then. [/B]
Get a sense of humor buddy :p

Satrek2000
12-07-2003, 07:01 PM
The problem with alliances is the lack of wars - and a proper war system. Without it, there won't be wars featuring actual rping, so no roper wars at all. Hence, the alliances are pointless in that respect.

foxyrain
12-08-2003, 06:17 PM

Get a sense of humor buddy :p

I must have missed something....bashing doesn't make me laugh, was there something else?

FenixTheBanished
12-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Dude Padren, pay attention, in no way you that be directly threatening you and Dustari, only indirectly. And if you want to get technical, There you _already_ be a war because of the upset with ZOE FORCING Calani to step down from her throne. In ANY RPING NATION that would be treason and direct conflict of every rule set in place in RPing history and is the most disrespectful thing I've ever heard of.

Padren, you can't even keep your kingdom RPIng for cripes sakes!

Your OOC brackets while on tag are meaningless and should never be used, and the fact that KJ and Zormi and Dusty are allied is pure non-sense. KJ is nothing like Zormite and the only reason why Zormi and Dusty are allies or should be is because of family ties between the two nubish nations.

The reason why I say nubish is because you guys dont even have a recruiting system where you test people for their loyalty, RPing skills, etc.

The kingdoms right now are pointless, there aren't any in-kingdom events or anything happening nor is there any point for them right now except for the title ranks and other things to boast about. The RPing in all the nations except Forest is absolutely disgusting, the people in these kingdoms have no _idea_ what so _ever_ on how to RP efficently

Padren, dont get me started with the "without directly affecting us."..........

Common sense, even in REALITY does threatening one nation mean directly threatening another, common sense should tell you,or atleast cause and affect that you are INDIRECTLY affected

1. I indirectly threaten Zormi with supporting Denori
which
2. In directly threatens your alliance because you would back them up in a war by contract of the alliance.

Id expect more intelligence from you Padren.

-FenixTheBanished

Lance
12-09-2003, 08:35 AM

Id except more intelligence from you Padren.

Sigh.

FenixTheBanished
12-09-2003, 08:47 AM

Sigh.

The point of that was?

There was nothing to compare and nothing to use irnoy for so...

Abuh?

-FenixTheBanished

Ps. wasted post?

Lance
12-09-2003, 08:49 AM
...you missed it.

My point was that when you are criticizing someone else's intelligence, it really hurts your argument when you misspell the word 'expect' and fail to use proper grammar, etc, throughout the rest of your post.

FenixTheBanished
12-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Dude Padren, pay attention, in no way you that be directly threatening you and Dustari, only indirectly. And if you want to get technical, There you _already_ be a war because of the upset with ZOE FORCING Calani to step down from her throne. In ANY RPING NATION that would be treason and direct conflict of every rule set in place in RPing history and is the most disrespectful thing I've ever heard of.

Your OOC brackets while on tag are meaningless and should never be used, and the fact that KJ and Zormi and Dusty are allied is pure non-sense. KJ is nothing like Zormite and the only reason why Zormi and Dusty are allies or should be is because of family ties between the two nubish nations.

The reason why I say nubish is because you guys dont even have a recruiting system where you test people for their loyalty, RPing skills, etc.

The kingdoms right now are pointless, there aren't any in-kingdom events or anything happening nor is there any point for them right now except for the title ranks and other things to boast about. The RPing in all the nations except Forest is absolutely disgusting, the people in these kingdoms have no _idea_ what so _ever_ on how to RP efficently

Common sense, even in REALITY does threatening one nation mean directly threatening another, common sense should tell you,or atleast cause and affect that you are INDIRECTLY affected

which
2. In directly threatens your alliance because you would back them up in a war by contract of the alliance.

-FenixTheBanished

FenixTheBanished
12-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Does that make you feel better now?

-FenixTheBanished

Khallos_2k2
12-09-2003, 09:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which

-FenixTheBanished
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Don't double post x.x

2:Shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.
Keeping basically an ENTIRE kingdom roleplaying isn't easy. Padren is doing a far better job than you ever could, and actually posts useful stuff on forums, instead of bashing and insulting other people.
If i recall MasterNuke's quote from some time ago:
"Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes."
This ties in well with this subject.
Admittedly it did end with: "That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."...But that is irrelevant.
They arent "nubish" nations; youre the only nubish person around here for uselessly bashing and trying to extricate yourself from a hole which is getting deeper.
And, correct me if I'm wrong here anyone, but having family ties between the two kingdoms seems to be a pretty good reason for an alliance.
Before someone brings up WW1 with Kaiser Wilhelm being related to the king of England, I know about that, and it was a one-off in history.
Lots of people have already said about the lack of RPing ages ago and that we should have wars, and this is how many conversations have been started on the forums.
Kingdoms allied: attack one, and their ally should come to help them. That's what alliances are for.
So put yourself in Padren's position. He's doing waaaay better than you could.

Lance
12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Does that make you feel better now?

-FenixTheBanished

Well, such corrections are a bit after-the-fact. Your points still lost the weight behind them, and you can't easily reclaim that. And, if you were to try to do so (as you did), then I would recommend revising the whole post to meet the standard which I already mentioned, instead of just correcting one of many errors.

busyrobot
12-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Dude Padren, pay attention, in no way you that be directly threatening you and Dustari, only indirectly.

you compared us to pre-revolution France, and said the 'great terror was indeed coming' or something to that effect, that shows your contempt for us quite clearly, not to mention about a dozen other posts of yours, such as your citizism that we are draconian for telling people who to talk (rp) on tag. :rolleyes:

And if you want to get technical, There you _already_ be a war because of the upset with ZOE FORCING Calani to step down from her throne. In ANY RPING NATION that would be treason and direct conflict of every rule set in place in RPing history and is the most disrespectful thing I've ever heard of.

It was by Tseng's will that Calani stepped down, not Zoe's, and the king's will is final in a monarchy, that is hardly treason.
Calani was his fiance, and it didn't work out, she had the title of Queen before the marriage, but historically, queens loose their heads for very stupid reasons, I don't think Calani being demoted constitutes some horrible and deplorable act as you are trying to make it sound.

in other threads, you whine I force people to talk ic on tag, get with it buddy

Your OOC brackets while on tag are meaningless and should never be used,

Excuse me? Who died and made you the God of RP Law?
I think you are overstepping your authority on this, as many people will agree with me, not you, on how to rp, which is kingdom specific to a large degree anyway.

and the fact that KJ and Zormi and Dusty are allied is pure non-sense. KJ is nothing like Zormite and the only reason why Zormi and Dusty are allies or should be is because of family ties between the two nubish nations.

have you even looked at the alliances in the kingdom menu?
Zorm and Dustari are allied, Forest and Dustari are allied, KJ and CP are allied, that's it.

I rp test everyone, and do into loyalty expectations etc, as do the rest of dustari recruiters. You aren't even in Dustari, don't speak for us, when you are clearly ranting without nothing a stinking thing.

Errant ranting opinions that come from a single, whining idiot don't mean a whole lot, you should really write for the editorial opinion section of some newspaper.

which

I explained this above, don't act like this is the only thread you've trashed dustari on

You can't expect to see what you can't recongize Fenix

-FenixTheBanished

GoZelda
12-11-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Khallos_2k2
Padren is doing a far better job than you ever could, and actually posts useful stuff on forums, instead of bashing and insulting other people.

How could you know? And perhaps you think Padren posts useful stuff, maybe Fenix doesn't.

If i recall MasterNuke's quote from some time ago:
"Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes."
o.O it actually had some different meaning :\
Are you sure it was Masternuke? I've seen it on some development forums too and he never posts there.

Satrek2000
12-11-2003, 09:51 PM
If i recall MasterNuke's quote from some time ago:"Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes."

I don't know who's quote it was, but the proper form would be this: "Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way, you are a mile away when you criticise him."

GoZelda
12-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

I don't know who's quote it was, but the proper form would be this: "Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way, you are a mile away when you criticise him."
and you got his shoes. i.e. he can't hurt you o.O

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-11-2003, 10:55 PM

I dont want to post it all out, but this is a comment on just about everying this guy has said, especially:

-FenixTheBanished

You're an idiot. The things you say are ignorant and stupid and complete guesswork. Be quiet. Sorry, i dont want to start bashing people, or do really long posts explaining why i am doing but, bleh, you really are talking out of your arse here...