PDA

View Full Version : slicing sound files?

haunter
11-27-2003, 06:35 AM
Perhaps a command that allows you to start and stop sound files at certian points in their timeline would be helpful. For example

playsoundpart filename,startpoint(sec), endpoint(sec);

and

playsoundpart2 which is has the X and Y or whatever the other regular playsound has...

I think it would be good to have measurments go to a tenth of a second...

This command would cut down on ammount of sound files, and possibly size of sound files overall.

Just an idea... Feasable? Practical? Give comments please.

Python523
11-27-2003, 08:23 AM
musicpos -> works for any sound file except midi; I believe that it is able to be assigned a value as well. I see your point for the need of this command though. It's a decent suggestion but can be emulated

Deek2
11-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Python523
musicpos -> works for any sound file except midi; I believe that it is able to be assigned a value as well. I see your point for the need of this command though. It's a decent suggestion but can be emulated
That only defines coordinates where the actual sound will be played, and sets the volume levels of that sound according to the difference in the player's coordinates and the sound's coordinates. Right?
I believe he's talking about cutting a selection out of an entire sound track and only playing that selection.

CheeToS2
11-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Deek2

That only defines coordinates where the actual sound will be played, and sets the volume levels of that sound according to the difference in the player's coordinates and the sound's coordinates. Right?
I believe he's talking about cutting a selection out of an entire sound track and only playing that selection.

no.. musicpos is where in the track the sound is at

Deek2
11-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2

no.. musicpos is where in the track the sound is at
Ah, nevermind then.
But that would be an idea, though. Being able to control the sound levels of a sound using the difference of those two coordinates. Unless that can already be done.