PDA

View Full Version : Zormite item!

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Ok, guys, check this out. It's my first ever sereous piece of graphics, and i like it a lot. I'll be posting it on the graphics forum too for all the world to see :D

Anyway, if you're going to be annoying and not realise what it is, it's a banner for zormite! It'll be purely ornamental, and would be given to each ministry leader, and/or a special rank could be made like "FlagBearer" or something, and the person of that rank would have it.

It's uses would be both ceremonial and patriotic; in times of peace it would be used for events such as parties and celebrations, announcements, and so forth, and in times of war it would be carried out onto the battlefield and shown high and proudly to inspire our warriors. :D

You may think it's pretty useless, but i tend to disagree. I wouldnt want any bonuses added to it except perhaps speed +1/2 and ac+1 (maybe, im not bothered about the ac). The speed bonus would mean that even if it did weigh a lot (i was thinking around 10-12kg) you wouldnt be slowed down, and might even be speeded up a lot so you can display the banner proudly in battle!

Another idea i had was that if we dont go down the path where there is one rank that carries this around (this person could act as a bard; he witnesses the battle while holding the banner, in the fray, possibly in Pmode as he has no real involvement in the fighting, and tells the tale of the battle after it is over) then we could go down the path where a few of the lower level and weaker people could have some, so that they could still make a contribution (i.e.moral-booster) in the battle by holding the banners!

What do you think? :megaeek:

marcoR
11-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Nice, but there's no texture - I like the design tho, and it's great for a first serious piece

TheStivi
11-15-2003, 07:01 PM
nice ;) but make the top bigger ;) so its better for the kingdoms character design ;) i like it

Nitkizi
11-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Nice, good job! ;) Hopefully it will be added.

GoZelda
11-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Really nice - it's a great idea :) It's a bit like warhammer ;) Anyway, it could use some improvements, but hopefully it'll be added.

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Ok, wren requested it to be shown over the top of a player to see the size, but since i'm still no good at using gfx programs and stuff all i could do was the shape, using a mask tool XD

zell12
11-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Make it proportional, it's a tad bit big eh?

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-17-2003, 09:04 PM
...everyone but me seems to think it's too big, and i don't really understand why. I'm not trying to sound ungreatful for the advice and stuff, its all gravy, but like...i dont think it's too big at all O_O
The shaft is the same length as that of the naginata (i stole the length exactly actually ;) ) and the top bit is supposed to be big. Think In-character here. If it wasnt really big, and the shaft wasnt long, then how are you supposed to see the banner from behind the helmet-wearing bonces of the enemy soldiers, all the way across the battlefield, and over the helmet heads of your own comrades, eh? thiiiink about it :D

GoZelda
11-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I like the size

jrm_iii
11-21-2003, 08:24 AM
looks like a can opener with something on the other end

alarid0
11-21-2003, 09:59 AM
i didnt like the complete lack of any contrast
before ->>
<<- after

Satrek2000
11-21-2003, 01:04 PM
It looks a little better that way, but it's still too large in my opinion - or rather, the lower end extends too long. The way I perceive GK dimensions, it's scratch the floor...

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Yeah, i agree that the contrast is a bit better, in places
This is just lame lil' me talking, probably defensively, but..
These are relative to your version -
The bits i like:
The colour of the shaft.
The colour of the little horizontal things that hold the flag in place.

The bits i don't like:
The new size of the shaft (or apparent size, i can't tell whether it just looks smaller due to the colouring)
The shape of the flag
The new shape/colour of the Z
The shape of the horizontal things that hold the flag in place
The colour of the prongs on top.
That weird line you've added to the hook at the bottom (alhough i can see why you did it, and it could be changed to look way cool)

Also, i suppose what satrek says is right; the hook is a bit big. I dont really see how i could reshape it so that it would look good, so i might just chop it off and replace it with something flat or small :)

Thanks for your views, guys :D

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-22-2003, 01:37 AM
Yeah, i agree that the contrast is a bit better, in places
This is just lame lil' me talking, probably defensively, but..
These are relative to your version -
The bits i like:
The colour of the shaft.
The colour of the little horizontal things that hold the flag in place.

The bits i don't like:
The new size of the shaft (or apparent size, i can't tell whether it just looks smaller due to the colouring)
The shape of the flag
The new shape/colour of the Z
The shape of the horizontal things that hold the flag in place
The colour of the prongs on top.
That weird line you've added to the hook at the bottom (alhough i can see why you did it, and it could be changed to look way cool)

Also, i suppose what satrek says is right; the hook is a bit big. I dont really see how i could reshape it so that it would look good, so i might just chop it off and replace it with something flat or small :)

Thanks for your views, guys :D

LordZen
11-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
It looks a little better that way, but it's still too large in my opinion - or rather, the lower end extends too long. The way I perceive GK dimensions, it's scratch the floor...

Yes I feel the same way about that perspective issue. The dagger ganis have the same problem and look to akward for me.

I think the new version looks better, Alarid. The one real issue for me is that it still looks out of place in that screenshot, I think darkening the outline would remedy that.

GoZelda
11-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Ruatha's a spammer :(

Anyway, i don't care anymore, i've left.

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Lol, yeah sorry for the double post, didnt mean to do it on purpose..

and :( at you not being there anymore

NightmareNight
11-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Is the weapon going to have any new attacks? Or is it just going to have the attacks on a normal sword?

Satrek2000
11-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by NightmareNight
Is the weapon going to have any new attacks? Or is it just going to have the attacks on a normal sword?

I don't think it'll have new attacks - there are enough arround already ;) I don't know, but come to think of it, a while back someone mentioned Zormite Blades had ghost attack on them, if ided - mine never showed anything vaguely ghostly... is there anything to that rumor?

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by NightmareNight

Like i said earlier (i think? maybe it was on the gfx forum...) i didnt really intend this to be a weapon...more like the magnifying glass, you know? doesnt do anything but add a +1 to dex or something. I would like this thing to add speed or dex, so that you can move quicker or it wont weigh you down, but no attacking stuff...maybe they'd have to disable your attacking ability while you have it equipped so that you can't just go from like *holding banner* to *punches, then instantly gets out banner again* since that would be non-rpish and look silly :p

Debaglio
06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Would be nice to be able to stick those in the ground around the lands.

Zero Hour
06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
I want to point out to you that these threads which you've recently posted in, Debaglio, are ancient.

Butz
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I want to point out to you that these threads which you've recently posted in, Debaglio, are ancient.

Therefore, Debaglio shall be given the award for Threadcromancy, and will forever more hold the title of Head Threadcromancer.

(Tablet's at home, so this is the best I could do in 5 minutes at school. =P )

Debaglio
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Trying to pick up the pieces that Zormite has abandoned.

GoZelda
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
www.fish.com

LordZen
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Like the constitution? The Archist party?

xAndrewx
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I have decided to leave Zormite. I will now search for the bomy moon in the far east. Goodbye Graynt, Etien.