PDA

View Full Version : RP Story: Word reaches home

Zurkiba
11-15-2003, 05:33 PM
((Merely an RP story for the kingdoms to interact with. I might acually do it if 2k1 fails... story is subject to change))

In the distant far off world of Melhk the King of the vast Eastern Empire recieves news on the failure of his chartered colony of Astri. "Damn that Erik Heimdal" was his only reply.

The bloody and bruised messager commented, "But my leige... he attempted to spread your mighty em..."... he was backhanded by the king.

"Enough!", the king said, "There are many more secrets to those islands then the natives know. Much less know how to use them. We MUST set up another colony"

The king became furious at the messager and had him killed. He stormed up to his quaters to write up his plan for the second colony. The plan was simple... take a small invasion force to conquer one of the islands of natives. Fortify it, and send as many resources as they can back to Melhk. To meet any opposition, and to breed a bloodlusting army.

Two months had past and the preperations for Nova Astri were taken into effect. The ships set sail, along with the King's Royal Flag Ship... with him in it!

"Only I, Geirmundr Vilmund, the King of Melhk shall command this. And if they thought Erik Heimdal was evil... wait till they see me"

((Yes... kind of choppy.. I didn't want a long story. Just a story that told the info in a short story thing. If you want to improve it... then like just post your improved story (Nothing is to be changed... timeline must stay intact (Message comes > King gets mad > Ships depart > end)... you cant have like the ships blow up the second the king gets in or something. This is merely to finish off the Astri storyline... and to add some pizzah into the RPing events of 2k2))

((Yes... I italized some key things.))

--Chris--
11-15-2003, 06:57 PM
If there is to be defined RPing I'd prefer to see something like: Zormite+Forest allied-Samurai+Pirates = Enemies enemies to them, Dustari = Neutral. Possibly a little story like Samurai and Pirates need the resources from Forest and Zormite or so but we refuse to give as much as they desire so there's war >_> I'd like to see kingdom exclusive things to enforce this, example:

Zormite - Fish can be caught here online
Forest - Certain crops can be grown here only
Pirates - Can brew wine+booze
Dustari - Maybe have a mine?
Samurai - Sushi making and such only.

Maybe even have a God altar on each island...like Forest-Aengus as we're elven.

Satrek2000
11-15-2003, 10:34 PM
I agree, we need some kingdom-restricted items. I suggested making such craftable from local monsters, say crabs on CP island.

Originally posted by --Chris--

Yes, but what if a follower comes from a different kingdom? It'd also work against diversity, not being able to follow any god you want. Plus, what with the 3 gods left?

graaliholic
11-16-2003, 12:16 AM

Or Stefan could add a lot of blank altars everywhere(or make them beildable, like houses except 1 per person and can't ever be consecrated), then people could use consecrate and cause it to become an altar of their god, then the kingdom can decide which god they want. Of course, the first altars would be unchangable, and if anyone else is on an altar it would also be unchangable.

--Chris--
11-16-2003, 08:13 AM
"Yes, but what if a follower comes from a different kingdom? It'd also work against diversity, not being able to follow any god you want. Plus, what with the 3 gods left?"

They could also remain on main ._.

Satrek2000
11-16-2003, 02:04 PM
They could also remain on main ._.

You mean the 3 ones left or all or them? I think graaliholic's idea sounds better to me, as it wouldn't only give consecrate a meaning but also offer more possibilities - players could form a cult with houses of followers of a certain diety arround an altar... in times of war disciples yould recharge more easily and fight for controle of the altars... then again, many additions would open up many possibilities, yet hardly anything is added...

Monkeyboy_McGee
11-16-2003, 03:45 PM
that all the original altars should stay on main, 'cause that's as good as it's going to get for most people who can't be bothered to run through the dungeon and across a second continent just to get to their god.

However, you could have like big temples set up on the kingdom islands (maybe like the cathederal on dustari but smaller) where you can go and pray to the god. There would only be one temple per island, and the god would be correspondant to that island's theme (like, govannon for dustari maybe, brigid for samurai, uhhh cant remember about the other gods). And by temple i mean like an actual building that you go into to pray :D

While we're on the subject of dustari's cathederal, i think it would be kinda nifty if there was a Bmode/Pmode bell somewhere in there so that if, for example, a kingdom was being attacked and the leader had been chased out, he or she could go to the cathederal to seek assylum (like they did in ye olde english times, and in the Highlander:megaeek: ). While the leader was hiding in there, the enemies weren't allowed to go in there and attack her.
I just think it'd be nice for RP ;)

Ziro_Vitrudestec
11-18-2003, 04:30 AM
If there is to be defined RPing I'd prefer to see something like: Zormite+Forest allied-Samurai+Pirates = Enemies enemies to them, Dustari = Neutral. Possibly a little story like Samurai and Pirates need the resources from Forest and Zormite or so but we refuse to give as much as they desire so there's war >_> I'd like to see kingdom exclusive things to enforce this, example:

Zormite - Fish can be caught here online
Forest - Certain crops can be grown here only
Pirates - Can brew wine+booze
Dustari - Maybe have a mine?
Samurai - Sushi making and such only.

How about this...do away with the main island and make GK a game where the base is actually the kingoms (RP groups) as implied strongly by the name, thus, making RPing be the base of the game. Simple things can make this game better. If the main island were to be done away with, the important things should be moved to kingdom islands. Every kingdom island should have like 1 store. Chris's system of kingdom-exclusive items works well. Also, in this system, Samurai should have the best weapons in speed (sais and naginatas). Every kingdom should have a dungeon for leveling up. Fortification should be balanced more with the earth to dust spell if not destroying the spell itself. Also, fortification still seems too easy to destroy regardless of this spell. God altars should be changed to houses of worship too to regulate cults, allowing more people to worship gods to have a balance in this area (priests...weapons...).

Also, I don't quite understand what Zurkiba is trying to do...Kill off his RP character? The kingdom? I would be happy to help in any way I can to give it a respectable death/end (and even epic ;) ) instead of him just having to RP this out himself and someone trying to make it all have a quick,pitafull death/end :( If you're looking for some kind of RPing relations or rivalry, I don't think I can help in that, I still wish I could set up some kind of agreement with kingdom leaders to have strict RP ules and enforce them as some people don't even seem to care about RPing. In order for this to happen, everyone needs to take the first step and realize that kingdom tags are for RPing, not for going around in trading rooms while "talkin lyk dis" or for just being OOC all the time also.

--Chris--
11-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Doing away with main = bad idea
You seem to forget about the million non RPing newbies that run around ;x I would also like to see kingdom defined enemies though..like you fine shell bomies and fish on the shore of Zormite...things like mushrooms and potatoes in some areas on Forest ;x

Zurkiba
11-18-2003, 06:36 AM
Yeah... back on topic

"Ingenious Idea!" - Time Magazine
"A truely masterful piece of work" - Rolling Stone Magazine
"Have you supported your Nova Astrian revolution?" - PC Gamer Weekly

GoZelda
11-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Did it occur to anyone that all the kingdoms are islands? Why don't you have two kingdoms on one island divided by a mountain range (like in Dustari), or by a river, or anything else? That'd also suit RPing... anyway, nice story Zurk.

Desolator12
11-27-2003, 07:19 PM
I like the whole "down with main" idea. and to handle the whole new special people running about, replace main with the New special people idland (the one you begin on) and add a RPG tutorial that the players have to go through so they can really learn the basics of RPing (it'd be better than what we have now)

I've been asking for Kingdom-specific items for a while.... and make it only so that that kingdom can get them. that way, you don't have people from say Zormite going over to samurai and getting their fast weps.

hmm... what about being able to buy a church flag... it'd need more lumber, stone, wood and nails than a normal house, and the flag would cost 250-500 more. then you would need to get some iron (prolly 2 chests worth) and some jewels (god-specific) and then you could make the alter. they can only be put into churches, and cover the entire room (not the alter, just it's praying area ) and then you could build pews, statues (once again, god-specific, or the god considers it heresy or something and destroys the statue and you :p ) then you could put the symbols of the god somewhere in the room, and so on and so forth.

and another thing could be in kingdoms you could use pickaxes in a certain spot and create a mine yourself... ok that may be a horrible idea, but it COULD work.. if we got ridda the new special people completely

GoZelda
11-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Cool ideas :cool:

graaliholic
11-28-2003, 03:19 AM
Here's an idea:

Don't do away with main, but make it the conquerable island. The kingdom who 'owns' it gets to make the laws of the land, decide who can and can't go where, decide prices by putting taxes on all the items bought in the store, and all the extra platinum goes to paying better guards, which helps prevent other kingdoms from taking over or not following the rules. You could put guards in front of the dungeons, and let only those you want in, but you couldn't deny those without a kingdom, since that would be bad, and they're kind of citizens of main. But it would work, and would definately encourage many, many kingdom wars. ;) :) :D

Desolator12
11-28-2003, 05:05 AM
hmm.. good point...
there'd be better monsters on the main dungeons than the kingdom's dungeon....

Satrek2000
11-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic
and would definately encourage many, many kingdom wars. ;) :) :D

Yes, as long as people care for diplomacy and such - otherwise you'd have endless pk-feasts, and while excluding kingdomless players is good, there are also weak ones inside a kingdom which would only get slaughteres - probably to the extend that most people would join the "ruling" kingdom, making it impossible for the others to ever get main back,

Zurkiba
11-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

Yes, as long as people care for diplomacy and such - otherwise you'd have endless pk-feasts, and while excluding kingdomless players is good, there are also weak ones inside a kingdom which would only get slaughteres - probably to the extend that most people would join the "ruling" kingdom, making it impossible for the others to ever get main back,
Dustari outnumbered Astri four to one when we conquered it. It isn't the size of the boat... it's the motion of the ocean.

And more than likely the four other kingdoms would join together against the 'ruling' kingdom if they had a large playercount, unless that kingdom had an ally (Probably just one ally at that).

History Repeats itself, this is how I know.

Satrek2000
11-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Dustari outnumbered Astri four to one when we conquered it. It isn't the size of the boat... it's the motion of the ocean.

Yes, but how exactly did you conquer? If you mean you killed every member who did not surrender once, and those killed (as well as those who surrendered) kept out of the ongoign battle, I'd agree. Otherwise, if players would enter the fight again and again, I'd say no kingdom could ever win against any of the others.
The point is, in a war about, say, a fort, you could make it so killed players can't walk near it while the battle lasts. And most would agree on the rp-aspect and keep away from it. If the whole main island was made such a fort though, then one kingdom would controle all the shops, the mines, the altars and so on, so you will either get people coming after they respawn, or they switch to any ruling kingdom if allowed, to be able to access the main rescources.
I for one would prefer forts on every kingdom island, maybe with points awarded for each our a kingdom can hold an enemy fort without disturbance. After all, forts have been announced months ago...

Khallos_2k2
11-28-2003, 11:10 PM
Zurk...you seem to be forgetting that Astri did, infact, have the help of Pirates (strongest kingdom in my opinion) and Samurai on their side...=o