PDA

View Full Version : Events for the army

IamFlinder
11-14-2003, 11:45 AM
I was thinking to do some 'events' for the army, such as doing maps toghter ,test your fighting skills in arena both group and single fights. Anyone intressed?

foxyrain
11-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Anything Padren or I can do to help, let us know. This is an excellent idea!

Zoe

IamFlinder
11-14-2003, 11:03 PM
And I will of course stand for the maps and help you doing them, I thought we will do them in rather big groups and help each other out ;)

ag0ny
11-15-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by IamFlinder
I was thinking to do some 'events' for the army, such as doing maps toghter ,test your fighting skills in arena both group and single fights. Anyone intressed?
Oh :D I just love when people bring my ideas back up again! It worked pretty good when I was the FM.. Just that people didnt want to go on the spar events... Even tho it was prizes... nvm..Good luck there

IamFlinder
11-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by ag0ny

Oh :D I just love when people bring my ideas back up again! It worked pretty good when I was the FM.. Just that people didnt want to go on the spar events... Even tho it was prizes... nvm..Good luck there

ag0ny it wasn't Dustari who kicked you out so dont get uppset about it you left on your free will :)

ag0ny
11-15-2003, 12:46 AM

ag0ny it wasn't Dustari who kicked you out so dont get uppset about it you left on your free will :)
Have I ever said that I got kicked out from Dustari? And I am not upset, I feel relaxed now :D

IamFlinder
11-15-2003, 12:50 AM

Have I ever said that I got kicked out from Dustari? And I am not upset, I feel relaxed now :D

no you dint' but when you said

"Oh I just love when people bring my ideas back up again! It worked pretty good when I was the FM.. Just that people didnt want to go on the spar events... Even tho it was prizes... nvm..Good luck there"

it didn't sound like you left the position on free will o.o

ag0ny
11-15-2003, 12:56 AM

no you dint' but when you said

"Oh I just love when people bring my ideas back up again! It worked pretty good when I was the FM.. Just that people didnt want to go on the spar events... Even tho it was prizes... nvm..Good luck there"

it didn't sound like you left the position on free will o.o
bla bla bla. Lets drop this subject

IamFlinder
11-15-2003, 12:58 AM

bla bla bla. Lets drop this subject

yes this thread isn't even about this heh...

Zurkiba
11-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Train the army into formations...

I attempted this with Tseng when he was Paladin and I was Duke. Didn't work out too well.

IamFlinder
11-15-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba
Train the army into formations...

I attempted this with Tseng when he was Paladin and I was Duke. Didn't work out too well.

well it's worth a try, if it works it will bring the whole army to a new stage.

ag0ny
11-15-2003, 01:02 AM

yes this thread isn't even about this heh...
Thats why I wanted to drop it ;o

IamFlinder
11-15-2003, 01:03 AM

Thats why I wanted to drop it ;o

then shh? ;)

ag0ny
11-15-2003, 01:12 AM

then shh? ;)
No! You shh!

busyrobot
11-16-2003, 05:14 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

I would like to also recommend some sparring exercises:

Stay-Alive:
Two teams spar, first team to loose two people looses the spar, if the teams are small, first team to loose one member looses the spar.
Goal is to build team skills to defend fellow team members, as well as how to co-ordinate attacks as a team on specific members of the other team.

Capture:
One team plays defense, other offense, size may vary (ie, depending on difficulty, the defenders or attackers may be larger).

Defenders have to prodect a marker, like a certain rock, that contains a bury bag right under it. Other team gets to see the spot.
Goal, is for attackers to get in, get it, and get out.
Just getting it, even if you die in the process, calls a win.

Perhaps, capture time can be timed, then the teams can switch roles, and best time would win of the two. (if team strengths are equal of course).

IamFlinder
11-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Sounds real good Padren, now the problem thats remaning is to find serious people who would like to join in this.

Satrek2000
11-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Save for the fact that I am not a member of the army, I like the idea, and if you need a bulletswarm or such at any time, just drop me a line :)

IamFlinder
11-18-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Save for the fact that I am not a member of the army, I like the idea, and if you need a bulletswarm or such at any time, just drop me a line :)

Your already a real good mage, you dont need the help ;)

Satrek2000
11-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Your already a real good mage, you dont need the help ;)

I didn't become a (high) mage for not helping - at least, that is what I try to believe ;)

Splke
11-19-2003, 09:25 AM
HAHA! Wow, actually sounds fun. Except... I WAS KICKED AGAIN SO I LEFT FO' GOOD! XD >.> <.<

Anywhom, have fun, if you need maps, PM me, I dont do 1-3 so :o

PzykoPunk
11-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea Tasha, hopefully it will come into effect soon, thats if it hasnt already ;).

IamFlinder
11-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by PzykoPunk
Sounds like a good idea Driken , hopefully it will come into effect soon, thats if it hasnt already ;). Driken

Havent been started yet, I have to do this on the weekends since theres mostly people on, on my night hours o.o

greeno
12-18-2003, 05:50 AM
I'd help, but I am barely on, maybe if I catch you online I'll give you some maps that I never feel like doing... Ill be on around christmas to check out what the event is, probably for an hour or two if the event is any good.

IamFlinder
12-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by greeno
I'd help, but I am barely on, maybe if I catch you online I'll give you some maps that I never feel like doing... Ill be on around christmas to check out what the event is, probably for an hour or two if the event is any good.

sounds nice

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 01:57 PM
He, i intend to help my crew members a lot (CP). I bought a spellbook of heal for one :D

Khallos_2k2
01-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Yeah...Sounds good...Maybe we could have a small island just offshore of Dustari Isle with a fort on it and cannone etc, so we could have naval assaults and magic followed by hand-to-hand fighting?
Satrek has said in other threads about forts being made, so perhaps now is the time to make one. The whole island could be one big spar arena?
Zurks idea is ok...Have one lot of, say, 16 people using swords, another 9 using bows, some using spears/pikes when we get a GOOD spear/pike weapon.

GoZelda
01-03-2004, 03:29 PM
"Satrek has said in other threads about forts being made, so perhaps now is the time to make one."

Earth to Dust... :(

Khallos_2k2
01-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Scripted so that earth to dust doesnt affect it.
Or delete earth to dust, it causes so many problems.

Satrek2000
01-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Earth to Dust... :(

I was referring to something that has been announced to be added to kingdom islands, conquerable forts to encourage wars.