PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Shield + Ministry of Arcane Arts

GoZelda
10-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, saturday around 23:30 PM EST+1 (o.o) there was an event for the head of the Ministry of Arcane Arts and a Zormite Shield.
The event consisted of a show with your spells (for some people it took long to recharge mana), and a quiz (has anyone ever heard of "medium lightning"?). It was very nice, even though i have some things to say:
No one cared about the efficience of the spells
No one cared about the slow regain

Monkeyboy_McGee
10-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Yeah i agree. Hardly anyone even had the ability to control their spells...hardly anyone actually had an organised display. The person who won, ashton, only won it seemed to me because wren had a fondness of summon spells (which seemed to make up the bulk of this guy's display and made me snore).

The contest was meant to be, or should have been, about your ability to handle magic (to create a pleasing effect), not who had the most spells or the most varying element summons. And then the quiz just consisted of "who can name the most spells, and then who can type out a list of all the answers in the shortest time).It all seemed like a bit of a travesty to me...

Note: My view of the display could have been unbalanced a bit by the fact i have Direct3d Lighting off all the time, but still, there were only 2 interesting ones.

Satrek2000
10-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Reading that, I'd have loved to try, if only for the sake of trying - I'd love to have such a beautyful shield, but I'm loyal to my kingdom, so... I just wish I could have tried for a display myself, that's about it :rolleyes:

Lance
10-28-2003, 03:59 AM
Ashton did well in the presentation, and I've heard good things about him overall - he deserved the position.

GoZelda
10-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
The contest was meant to be, or should have been, about your ability to handle magic (to create a pleasing effect), not who had the most spells or the most varying element summons. And then the quiz just consisted of "who can name the most spells, and then who can type out a list of all the answers in the shortest time).It all seemed like a bit of a travesty to me...
Yeah, if i knew i were allowed to take so long i would've summoned dancing sword, then run! to my house, learn build fireballwall and show that off o.o or just level 2 levels for destruction :/

And the quiz, well... it just utterly sucked... a "magic" quiz doesn't needs to consist only of spells...
"Name 2 magic-using monsters"
"Name 1 magic weapon"
"Name a magic-supporting shield"
"Whom is referred to as the best mage of this aeon?"
etc.