PDA

View Full Version : about those zormite items of mine

LordZen
10-20-2003, 05:12 AM
I heard that the shield was given out by Wren. I just wanted to say that I made that shield, and that it was special for me to be able to do the events and give those out as part of my goodbye. That opportunity has been stolen from me, and I wish that it wasnt :(

I cannot undo it, but well ohwell...gah.

Just please dont hand out the sword too, Wren!! As I am waiting for the new g-script engine to be completed (and if it has please tell me because I have not heard news on it for a while).

Being able to leave my last mark on GK was really important to me and its now somewhat tainted :( I dunno what else to say.

Lance
10-20-2003, 06:59 AM
You told me earlier that you were going to give the shields out, and then announce your resignation. You already announced your resignation.

busyrobot
10-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Don't let it taint anything Zen, it wasn't malicious, she didn't know you had a special event planned. She wasn't trying to steal your thunder.

I am sure if you left specific instructions, the event wouldn't have been held.

Sounds like it was a good event though, and when the new engine is released, I am sure people will love the event when you are there to do the swords. :)

Salli
10-20-2003, 10:26 AM
There are still six sheilds left to hand out, so Zen if you have a special event planned, it still can be arranged. I got one btw :D

darkemporor
10-20-2003, 04:36 PM
I would like to make it clear to all members of Zormite that the Zormite shield *was* created and given to G2K by Zen. Most members who have been anxiously awaiting the shield already know this but for the newer members, I would like full credit for this beautiful design -unquestionably- to go to Zen.

My apologies that you missed the shield's release Zen. When they came into my hands, our members clamoured and I did begin the process of eventing them out.

Nevertheless, your mark upon Zormite and G2K itself is no less significant. Upon every turn, the admirer is informed as to the shields creator... at least while I wear it. Im sure there is no question in the minds of all players the talent and care that went into this lovely contribution to Zormite.

Wren Sagesun Archigos, Dictator
The Zormite Republic

skyler87
10-20-2003, 05:05 PM
What are the stats of that shield?

GoZelda
10-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by skyler87
What are the stats of that shield?
Same as regular one except for pow+1 and resist magic+10, i believe. I wants. Oh and Zen, i knew perfectly well the shield was yours. :) Really, something not so nice hapenned to me concerning ZP, but i didn't leave because of the memory of you, i didn't want to dissapoint you :(

LordZen
10-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Lance
You told me earlier that you were going to give the shields out, and then announce your resignation. You already announced your resignation.

It was taking too long, and I was originally planning to keep my resignation secret up until that point, but I kinda let that leak.

I announced the resignation early since I was having less time on the internet than anticpated, and I felt it was important that Zormite did not have to suffer in my absense so I went ahead and started the process of transfering the leadership role sooner.

And Wren, I'm not mad, I just, I dunno...

Lance
10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Zen, you weren't clear enough.

And Wren, Zen did _not_ create Zormite. Zormite existed prior to Graal Kingdoms' existence.

Monkeyboy_McGee
10-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

Same as regular one except for pow+1 and resist magic+10, i believe. I wants.

Also, the defence is only +1 instead of +6 or anything.

And zen, don't feel bad :(
They are beautiful shields, i think the prettiest item on the server. (A few people say forest is better but i'm just like "noway man, you're crazy! This thing is prettier than me !"

And i can't wait for you to event off the swords. Can you show us the graphics/stats or anything of them? <3

GoZelda
10-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
And i can't wait for you to event off the swords. Can you show us the graphics/stats or anything of them? <3
I believe searching the Graphic Design forums works for that =/

And Wren, Zen did _not_ create Zormite. Zormite existed prior to Graal Kingdoms' existence
But he did do a lot for it.

Lance
10-20-2003, 09:59 PM

But he did do a lot for it.

I'm not arguing that, I just wanted to correct that small statement. :)

LordZen
10-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Here is the link to that thread in the gfx forum:

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45379

If you do try to replace another gk sword gfx with that one to see how it'll look in game, the sprites wont fit perfectly on the hand, I dont think, on that version. Doesnt really matter that much anyways though, because for that sword I made another set of ganis. It has to be its own weapon class in order to have the light effect sprites that I want in the ganis. I also replaced the jump and spin sword move with a funner one (since NOBODY uses that for serious combat), and to get the correct glow effect I must wait for the enhanced g-script that is being worked on, because Stefan told me what I want will be possible then.

GoZelda
10-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LordZen
(since NOBODY uses that for serious combat)
I did. When someone's running 'round you in circles it can be useful, ya know

Monkeyboy_McGee
10-23-2003, 08:39 PM
So...will that script be taking a long time to be completed then? 'cause i have plans to win a Shimmering zormite sworwossname and then prep it (just 17 dias to go!) and be like 'Uber Zormite guy' along with the shield. But, if it's going to take a long time then i'll probably just prep a nag. :/

What is your advice, zen? :)

LordZen
10-23-2003, 09:09 PM
The sword will be great. If you think you can manage to get one, then I suggest you wait for it.

I have no idea how long it'll take, Stefan has to finish that project first. It'll be truly unique tho.

The ganis have multiple light effect sprites which are shaped to go perfectly over the blade, and they dont overlap the handle at all. I plan on creating the effect of a continuous glow loop. What I mean is, the intensity of the glow will change slowly from a nice soft (blueish?) glow, down to almost nothing at all, and keep going in that cycle continuously. The light would even change in idle single frame ganis, and you will not get an akward sudden changes in the glow due to change in gani or even change in sprite.

That and of course, it'll have a unique move other swords wont have...that I am semi-hesitant to yell out on the forums just yet, heh. It might also get the attack "Blind", other than that I am unsure of its stats at this moment.

Also the planned name has been changed to Amydros Blade (I forget the exact spelling), sounds better. We could always give the item a story like the zormite blade has, to identify it with its country of origin. I'm sure the color scheme would give that away, though.

Lance
10-23-2003, 11:12 PM
I could at least start work on this, if you'd like.

Monkeyboy_McGee
10-24-2003, 11:58 PM
If you did start work on it, which would probably be awesome, how long do you think it would take to finish and get the sword released?

LordZen
10-27-2003, 09:09 PM
I no longer have access to the internet for the time being, Tseng. This and all previous posts in this thread have been made from a school computer.

I still need to finish an attack gani though. I didnt bother finishing it because I realized I might have to do it differently to accomodate the lights...which I cant do until after Stefan finishes the new version of g-script. But thanks for the offer. The stat defining would take minimal effort once its decided on.

Hopefully I will be securing a new cable connection to the internet again within a week or two. DSL was such a hassel...well at least Sprint's dsl was.

GoZelda
10-27-2003, 09:17 PM
If you did start work on it, which would probably be awesome, how long do you think it would take to finish and get the sword released?
At least until Zen's back. Gah we must roleplay some take-over then =/

Originally posted by LordZen
I no longer have access to the internet for the time being
How come?

LordZen
10-30-2003, 09:00 PM
When I first moved back to Tennessee, I only had access via dialup connection. A bit later I got cable, and I had that for a long time. THEN the company wouldnt wait until the end of the week one month for my dad to pay because he was expecting a check then, and so he got mad and discontinued the service..and switched to sprint DSL. We still have the sprint DSL, but dad had the phone service discontinued to our house and just uses his cell phone now..and it killed my access to the internet at the same time. :(

At least until Zen's back. Gah we must roleplay some take-over then =/

What does that mean? You do realize that I dont intend to take over Zormite again, dont you?

Lance
10-30-2003, 10:53 PM

Well, I could start as soon as I was pointed in the proper direction as to gfx/ganis which Zen made. (Zen could perhaps use a floppy disk or CD :)), explain all of what he wants, and I could then see what would've required the new engine and see if there wasn't a way to do it in the current one.

LordZen
10-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Tseng it had to do with mostly gani script. Stefan said it was likely not possible currently, and if so it would be extremely difficult. He at the same time told me it would be easily accomplished with the new engine.

Before I even brought the issue to Stefan, I had consulted Kaimetsu on the issue, he (obviously) sounded very knowledgable on the subject, and also said that he was unsure if that was possible. Heh.

Kaimetsu
11-01-2003, 09:31 AM
In principle it's already possible (if I understood Stefan correctly). You'd just need to hardcode all the positional information for the sword at every stage of its movement, so that the gani knows where to put the lights.

Oh, and the image layers might cause problems too. Because, as far as I've seen, any showimgs within a gani's script are treated as separate entities and not part of the character itself. Hopefully all this stuff will be resolvable in time (I'd personally like to see some method by which a showimg can be masked, such that the light would be cropped to the shape of the sword).

Lance
11-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
In principle it's already possible (if I understood Stefan correctly). You'd just need to hardcode all the positional information for the sword at every stage of its movement, so that the gani knows where to put the lights.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Oh, and the image layers might cause problems too. Because, as far as I've seen, any showimgs within a gani's script are treated as separate entities and not part of the character itself.

Treated as or not as part of the character in what context?

Kaimetsu
11-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Lance
Treated as or not as part of the character in what context?

Let's say I want to make a gani script that makes a little light revolve around the player, parallel to the x/y plane. When it's in front of the player, it should be drawn above him. When it's behind, it should be drawn underneath. I could use img layers for this, but I don't want it to unconditionally draw behind other players when it's at the back, or above them when it's towards the front. When I specify the img layer, I want it to be purely relative to the player's sprites - I don't want it to be a simple showimg injected into the level.

Lance
11-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Let's say I want to make a gani script that makes a little light revolve around the player, parallel to the x/y plane. When it's in front of the player, it should be drawn above him. When it's behind, it should be drawn underneath. I could use img layers for this, but I don't want it to unconditionally draw behind other players when it's at the back, or above them when it's towards the front. When I specify the img layer, I want it to be purely relative to the player's sprites - I don't want it to be a simple showimg injected into the level.

Ah, I understand now.