PDA

View Full Version : New Disease/Sickness?

TESTRETIS
10-16-2003, 04:07 AM
I was playing Kingdoms just walking around. All of a sudden i feel ill. So ok i go pray to Gov. Anyway i kept getting these messages in my RP Window
"You notice everyone is looking at you with evil intent, kill them!You go into a mad frenzy attacking everything. You begin to salivate."
Also My speed decreases a lot down to about 0.1 and my weight limit decreases by 100 everytime those messages appear. when i reconnect it goes away. But sometimes later comes back.
somebody help :confused:

DenoriZakarum
10-16-2003, 04:41 AM
When i log on it says You have been infected with skyler87's disease, rabies. or something like that. im still wondering where this new disease has come from, it hurts me 20 every time it hits me

Zalastri
10-16-2003, 05:30 AM
An epidemic >:) Stefan must have been bored...

skyler87
10-16-2003, 06:12 AM
It is my spell, called rabies. I got it as a side bonus when I spent the 4 hours trying to get ogma's bracers. I cast it on one person, it spreads to others, even Pmoders. Then they spread it to others. Then those others spread it to others. It is a never ending cycle.

--Chris--
10-16-2003, 06:17 AM
Isn;t it suppose to be small pox? ;x

graaliholic
10-16-2003, 06:17 AM
Rabies is VERY, VERY Contageous. On CF, you can be on the opposite side of the map and you'll still get infected. It doesn't even need someone to help spread it, it'll do that itself. It's probably the best disease, though not the strongest. It's my favourite out of all of them, though. Congrats on getting the best disease, may it kill everything for you :P

zell12
10-27-2003, 02:22 AM
Red/white death is supposed to be the best/strongest. (in the game of course)

graaliholic
10-27-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Red/white death is supposed to be the best/strongest. (in the game of course)

Red, in my opinion, is just below rabies. Black is next, and white is the best (being a level 85/95 spell, cant remember which level).

Satrek2000
10-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by graaliholic
white is the best

Uhm... who grants white death? Must have eluded me in the lists I've seen...

graaliholic
10-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

Uhm... who grants white death? Must have eluded me in the lists I've seen...

Nobody. It has to be given to you by a DM.

Satrek2000
10-28-2003, 08:06 PM
It has to be given to you by a DM.

Uhm... DM? Demon master? I'm afraid I'm kinda lost here...

graaliholic
10-29-2003, 10:48 AM

Uhm... DM? Demon master? I'm afraid I'm kinda lost here...

Dungeon Master. :o Ever tried '/help commands' and seen the '/dm' command?

ag0ny
10-29-2003, 04:20 PM
I got both Red and Black death :D they are pretty strong... but my favorite is Typhoid

Satrek2000
10-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Dungeon Master. :o Ever tried '/help commands' and seen the '/dm' command?

I saw it, yes, but as there's neither a detailed explenation nor any real effect when I try it... how should I know? Am I right to guess that these are rare on GK?

graaliholic
10-30-2003, 03:07 AM

I saw it, yes, but as there's neither a detailed explenation nor any real effect when I try it... how should I know? Am I right to guess that these are rare on GK?

I don't know if there have been any DMs on GK. DMs (when in DM mode) have all the spells, can cast these spells regardless of level, infinate hp/grace/mp, cant die from lack of food, can create items, monsters, can warp and warp other people, and many other things.

Desolator12
10-30-2003, 06:27 AM
hmm...

yes, there needs to be more DMs around... because of my vast knowledge in RPing, my helpfulness, and the fact that I'm not a lamer that would use this to kill monsters on maps and gain uber EXP...

let's see...

*as you walk towards the wall to examine it, a glow appears on the floor. you disappear only to re-appear somewhere else (possibly part of the cave.. depending on a dice roll, it'd be backward or forward) you have know idea where you are.*

or

*all of a sudden, you see something white poking from the ground... as you get closer to examine it, it jumps out at you, showing the deformed body of a skeleton.*

I doubt i'd use the spells... i mean kmon... "all of a sudden 20 bigass firebolts come from the sky and kill all monsters on the main island"... jeez... talk about both ruining a RP AND laming for EXP... maybe i'd use them for traps, but otherwords...

*as you cut the stomach of the dragon open, you notice a shimer. as you get closer, you notice it's a white, crystal shimmer. congradulations! it appears that the dragon ate a few diamonds (rolls D6 to see how many) do you take them?*

zell12
10-30-2003, 03:24 PM
DMs came from that old game... oh what was it called... oh yeah, Dungeons and Dragons. hehe :)

The DM in Cross Fire is just an admin, and you have to login to your dm account in order to do admin commands, like ban players, etc... (Since they don't have a Remote control program)

Desolator12
10-30-2003, 11:22 PM
D&D was the best RPG ever... it still is...

Satrek2000
10-31-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Desolator12
yes, there needs to be more DMs around... because of my vast knowledge in RPing, my helpfulness, and the fact that I'm not a lamer that would use this to kill monsters on maps and gain uber EXP...

No offense intended, but most people would claim this - with no relation to what they'd do in reality ;)

graaliholic
10-31-2003, 07:39 PM

No offense intended, but most people would claim this - with no relation to what they'd do in reality ;)

Yeah, it's hard to find people who wouldn't go corrupt with such powers :( Oh, i forgot to mention earlier, you can also change yours and other people's exp and stats(up to 30)... so good luck trying to find someone that wouldn't go corrupt with all those abilities :o It would be like trying to find a needle in the ocean.

Desolator12
11-01-2003, 12:50 AM
let me put it this way... i hate people who cheat online... in other words, i'd hate myself if i cheated, and prolly commit suicide... i don't want to commit suicide, so i'm not gonna cheat... i really do hate it when people abuse their powers... i also hate those that go....

*suddenly, you are flanked by 200 skeletons with a WC of -100*

...just for a laugh.

Human beings are like programs... some of our .dat files are corrupt...

I have pure backups of those .dat files... and an antivirus... and a firewall.

when i say things... i follow what I say... it's this boy scout thing :p.... a scout is Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obediant, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.

if i were to cheat Online against my fellow users, i'd have to leave the BSA... which i dun wanna do, since i like camping

<-- Guaranteed 100% un-corrupt, or your vengeance for free...

Satrek2000
11-01-2003, 01:47 PM
It would be like trying to find a needle in the ocean.

Worse... it's hard to find people to do a proper job as EMs, and in comparison they have no rights which can really wreck havoc... probably the best not to have any, even though it would be nice if done properly. If... I'd sette with more EMs though.

Desolator12
11-01-2003, 09:39 PM
I still say i'd be a great asset to the graal community...

Satrek2000
11-02-2003, 01:58 AM
I still say i'd be a great asset to the graal community...

And how to prove it? Maybe you are, maybe I am, but maybe the both of us would use these powers to bring unseen corruption over GK - too severe a risk to take I'd say.

Desolator12
11-02-2003, 02:30 AM
simple... you make a pre-DM position where you can't warp, can't attack, have infinite health and the like, and have the whole item thing.... but, you have a staff person/ really reliable player tag along with that person or the pre-DM holds a RPG...since everybody hates corrupt staff, they'd report any insane doings... especially if like the 3 people that were RPing suddenly mass "selling 100 diamonds" also, you have to check in with a staff member every once in a while and use the /drop all command so they can see whether or not you have been abusing... then, after a while they get full DM privelages....

in truth, there is no way to prove if somebody'll go corrupt... but if stefan were to think that everybody is corrupt and evil (legalism :p) there would be no graal....

"I like you unimaxd, but i think you could go corrupt.... sorry, I don't want your NPC server, even though i have checked it several times to make sure nothing was wrong..."
of course, something was wrong... it's hooked up to a cord that can be easilly tripped over XD

graaliholic
11-02-2003, 06:35 AM
also, you have to check in with a staff member every once in a while and use the /drop all command so they can see whether or not you have been abusing...

Firstly, if an alchemist, priest, sorcerer, or any other character with god given items did this those would be lost, which would screw the player (maybe). Secondly, how would you tell if they were abusing? MAybe they just happened to find those 100 diamonds themselves. It would be alot easier just to log every DM ability, so every once in awhile it could be checked for abuse without all the hassle.

Satrek2000
11-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Also, you could hide items you created somewhere in case you had to drop what you have - which isn't a good idea anyway. Why not have some more quality EMs first, then we can still discuss enhancing their rights. Wanting rights badly only leads to the assumprion that they will be abused.

Desolator12
11-09-2003, 06:50 PM
y'know what.. i agree with you...

but i still say i wouldn't be corrupt ;)

axman36
11-12-2003, 04:02 AM
I got a wierd sickness, it said you blindly grab a bite of food, then you cast a spell before it, then ick that was posinous, first my full health got reduced, then I got hurt by 10 hp then my weapon became 18 then 19, meaning I have to train more, and I have 7000 exp and I wont even change from level 3, I hate this disease.

Satrek2000
11-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by axman36
I got a wierd sickness, it said you blindly grab a bite of food, then you cast a spell before it, then ick that was posinous, first my full health got reduced, then I got hurt by 10 hp then my weapon became 18 then 19, meaning I have to train more, and I have 7000 exp and I wont even change from level 3, I hate this disease.

Uhm... first, you need to eat regularly to keep yourself from straving, and doing the later will make you grab any food you might carry - if it's food or something of poison, then that's bad luck. An easy way to cure the former is to eat more - you can get food from shell bomys and wolves, as well as do some farming yourself, or, if nefessary, buy some. To cure poison there's a handy prayer with that name, and I'm sure if you ask politely someone will cast it upon you. If necessary, there are also prayers to cure disease and give you food.

wonderboysp2p
11-16-2003, 11:26 PM
for more info you could check out the rabies data in the CF files

or look here where ive convienently posted it for you

Object rabies
name rabies
type 158
invisible 1
attacktype 1048608
other_arch puddle_of_saliva
wc 10
magic 1
Str -2
Dex -2
Cha -10
maxhp 3
dam 2
maxgrace -1
food -1
speed 0.01
last_sp 50
maxsp 2
ac 2
last_eat 0
exp 5000
hp 1
sp 1
msg
You notice everyone is looking at you with evil intent, kill them!
You go into a mad frenzy attacking everything. You begin to salivate.
endmsg
race *
level 12
end
Object puddle_of_saliva
name puddle of froth and saliva
face residue.111
type 72
food 2
weight 2
end

skyler87
01-05-2004, 03:43 AM
I know I'm kind of reviving an old thread, but I don't want to make a new one..
I decided to start another rabies epidemic today, since there were 130 people on because of the non-gold people being able to play. Here is what my screen looks like when 50 people have rabies, see if your name is on there :O
Also, the screen can't hold every message, it's constantly scrolling up new messages..
Edit: I had cold and typhoid casted on afew people too, but all the "Peaceful mode, ___ cannot be hurt!" things are people in Pmode who got rabies ;o

GoZelda
01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
He, rabies sounds cool.

TESTRETIS
01-06-2004, 06:09 AM
Revenge of Water Lord AA!

graaliholic
01-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Rabies is such an awesome disease. :)

Satrek2000
01-06-2004, 08:38 PM
One more reason to stay with Bile...