PDA

View Full Version : Item help.

TripleE
10-11-2003, 08:32 PM
I need someone to tell me the items that will help get me to the following stats. 30 Wisdom,and 30 Power at the same time.

I have Dual Ring of Elronds,and FHoV but that barley gets me anywhere. Im trying to get 150,and 300 base grace.

So please list all the items that give pow,and wis.

DenoriZakarum
10-11-2003, 08:36 PM
sun shield/forest shield-wis+1/pow+1

graaliholic
10-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Make a sword with +3/4 pow and then as much wis as you can hold. Get 30 pow first, then wis.

TripleE
10-14-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic
Make a sword with +3/4 pow and then as much wis as you can hold. Get 30 pow first, then wis.
But to get a relic i didnt think i could have any weapons of armour on....

Poop3131...read before you post?

graaliholic
10-14-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by TripleE

But to get a relic i didnt think i could have any weapons of armour on....

You can have whatever you want on... you just have to take something off to put the relic on afterwards.

Satrek2000
10-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Īt doesn't matter what you wear - only your max grace is important, and a weapon with wis/pow can increase that. For "all-day life," you can use such a weapon to charge your grace and mana up, but certainly you can't hold it when casting spells.

thesaiyan
10-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Im so close to getting a relic. Im at 86/43 grace right now. Just a few more levels or maybe a few imp potions and 100/50 :O

skyler87
10-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by thesaiyan
Im so close to getting a relic. Im at 86/43 grace right now. Just a few more levels or maybe a few imp potions and 100/50 :O
If it's govs relic, than its not even worth it

graaliholic
10-15-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by skyler87

It will be worth it if they ever get rid of mithril chain and all that other garbage.

GoZelda
11-08-2003, 05:28 PM

For some it is. Not all people got Berwean, FHoM, Havok Gloves etc.

skyler87
11-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda

For some it is. Not all people got Berwean, FHoM, Havok Gloves etc.
If I was a newb, I would rather actually be able to move than wear something that makes my speed 1.5, regardless of what rings or w/e I have one

Satrek2000
11-09-2003, 01:16 AM
that makes my speed 1.5

You know, for real newbies, speed above 1 is something to wish for...

skyler87
11-09-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

How many real newbies know Piety?

Desolator12
11-09-2003, 06:53 PM

I began with 1.3 :D

and i'm somewhat of a newbie... hours really don't make the person..... but hey, i have piety :D

Satrek2000
11-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Desolator12
I began with 1.3 :D

Even if you had no house, because you arn't in a kingdom or whatever the reason may be, and hence you have to carry arround all your belongings, more weapons than you can use, stones, iron, food?

GoZelda
11-10-2003, 07:24 PM
I was happy with .7883 at some days e.e

thesaiyan
11-10-2003, 07:29 PM
I love moving at 3.866 speed.. Soo fast. :D

Satrek2000
11-10-2003, 07:33 PM

How many real newbies know Piety?

Every priest, for a start.

I'm quite contend with my speed arround 2, depending on the weight I carry. What I meant by real newbie is a player who starts from scratch, and doesn't have any good items - be it RoT or some event items - to boost their stats and speed.

Hydrogen_X
11-10-2003, 09:06 PM

Every priest, for a start.

9 out of 10 priests end up restarting as a barb anyways :P

Satrek2000
11-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Hydrogen_X
9 out of 10 priests end up restarting as a barb anyways :P

I know at least two who didn't, and are leading a happy life. In my opinion, only those who seek to "pwn" would restart only to chose barb as class - save those who'd really rp a barbarian, but they're a precious few. You can certainly restart anytime if you feel like rebuilding your charakter, but I personally wouldn't do it for a few additional points, specially now that stat potions are arround.

GoZelda
11-10-2003, 10:39 PM
I was priest. Restarted as barb. Restarted as thief. Restarted as priest. Sticked at priest cuz it's 1337.

skyler87
11-11-2003, 01:08 AM
I was priest. Restarted as barb. Restarted as thief. Restarted as priest. Sticked at priest cuz it's 1337.
Class really doesn't mean anything, considering you can just get gold keys and raise all your stats to 20 anyways...

Splke
11-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Black, best thing you can do is

Dual Elrond
FHoV
Zormy/Sun/Forest shield
Gold Key your Wisdom and Power to 20
That should be like, 27 power, 22 wisdom?
Which should be enough. If not, go on a rampage looking for IP potions, since theres no way in hell, Wren, Chris, or DX is gonna let u borrow their Blood rings (pow and wis+3).

Towards the newbie's whom are priests thingy

Most people who pick priests (newbie wise) are un-aware of the fact they wont be able to use a sword, and will restart. The few who dont restart, is because somebody answered their mass message for help or gave them something.

Note, Wren restarted her priest ;o

skyler87
11-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Splke

Note, Wren restarted her priest ;o
A wise decision :o

Satrek2000
11-11-2003, 09:20 AM
What's the difference between a priest without melee and a barb without litracy? You need both, one way or another, and you can learn both - melee maybe even easier than litracy, given a barbarian's int. Face it, you become a barbarian to own people, and do not bother with pow and wis or spellcasting in general.

graaliholic
11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Err, last time I checked, priests had melee weapons. You must be getting them confused with sorcerers. :|

Satrek2000
11-11-2003, 06:10 PM
On second thought, I have to agree on that - also, wizardry isn't as "rare" a skill as praying is, meaning that the means of getting it are much more common - as you cannot fail a talisman. As far as I know, holy symbols have the same effect for praying in CF.

skyler87
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
There is actually a wizardry spell, and I do believe that it is much rarer than praying

Satrek2000
11-11-2003, 09:33 PM
There is actually a wizardry spell, and I do believe that it is much rarer than praying

Certainly, scroll of legerdemain, and it is indeed at least as rare as piety - but you can get a talisman for 300 plats (while legerdemain is about 700), and they are much more common. Plus you cannot fail them.

graaliholic
11-11-2003, 10:43 PM
On second thought, I have to agree on that - also, wizardry isn't as "rare" a skill as praying is, meaning that the means of getting it are much more common - as you cannot fail a talisman. As far as I know, holy symbols have the same effect for praying in CF.

Yeah, you can get a holy symbol in CF, which most people end up using because they can get bonuses, like talismans. I don't know why Stefan decided to get rid of the the holy symbol and keep the talisman. :\

Satrek2000
11-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic
Yeah, you can get a holy symbol in CF, which most people end up using because they can get bonuses, like talismans. I don't know why Stefan decided to get rid of the the holy symbol and keep the talisman. :\

I think the idea of holy symbols has potential - say they're given by the gods to strengthen "their" prayers, but weaken the rest... something like that, it'd add diversity, but on the other hand, there are more important things arround, and ideas with more potential...

Splke
11-13-2003, 08:45 AM
The point of being a barbarian over a priest/sorceror back then was 1. Melee weapons 2. Good melee stats. Course, theirs the lazyness factor, that being, not too many people want to run around using magic bullet until lvl 4-5 and not be able to use a sword... It gets hard to lvl magic up in Immense maps and such, so, melee is perferred.

Of course, looking at Ed, he got a sorcery hammer and some rows, and "pwnd" us all for 2-3 days straight, and since he was a natural sorceror, he could cast every resistence spell, and still be able to use that hammer and kill us... o_O Scary thought.

Satrek2000
11-13-2003, 11:08 AM
The point of being a barbarian over a priest/sorceror back then was 1. Melee weapons 2. Good melee stats. Course, theirs the lazyness factor, that being, not too many people want to run around using magic bullet until lvl 4-5 and not be able to use a sword... It gets hard to lvl magic up in Immense maps and such, so, melee is perferred.

A priest has melee, as it is... and personally, I think immenses are easier with magic/spells (summones, mainly, specially my crushing earth elemental) than with melee, specially as I'd get fried in the process - sure, I can take on any creature with melee anytime, but usually there are another one or two arround, and these are most likely those who'll kill you.

Of course, looking at Ed, he got a sorcery hammer and some rows, and "pwnd" us all for 2-3 days straight, and since he was a natural sorceror, he could cast every resistence spell, and still be able to use that hammer and kill us... o_O Scary thought.

Ed's indeed about the strongest mage we have arround... but it's mainly the items and the training, not the stats, as they can be maxed up using potions nowadays.
Personally, I think I can handle any monster with spells and prayers, but I stand no chance against most other players, first because one hit ruins my spell, and second - because I don't bother to pk others. There's simply no balance between fighters and spellcasters, but well... "magic +x" should be made into "magicspeed +x"... Just a thought... where was I? :o

GoZelda
11-13-2003, 09:30 PM

Ed's indeed about the strongest mage we have arround...
I beat him in hiscore list ^^
But guess what? Even i was lvl.30 magic he'd still beat me. Why? RoE+RoE :\

skyler87
11-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Magic level means everything..
The ONLY point in having dual RoEs is for more SP and SP regen.
HOWEVER, only leveling in magic actually raises the damage that your spells do.

GoZelda
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Magic level means everything..
The ONLY point in having dual RoEs is for more SP and SP regen.
HOWEVER, only leveling in magic actually raises the damage that your spells do.
So does Power. RoE = power+3

skyler87
11-13-2003, 11:35 PM

So does Power. RoE = power+3
I don't believe power adds damage :x
I've experimented with it quite abit.

Hydrogen_X
11-14-2003, 05:07 AM

What would that be?

Satrek2000
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Hydrogen_X
What would that be?

If I may quote myself :rolleyes:

Certainly, scroll of legerdemain, and it is indeed at least as rare as piety - but you can get a talisman for 300 plats (while legerdemain is about 700), and they are much more common. Plus you cannot fail them.

Anyway, I've been wondering - what exactly does magic +x do - I don't get the feeling that it's sp-regen, as this feat of Aengus is treated as if it was quite rare. If it doesn't alter the regen, and doesn't make you stronger, what else would it do?

skyler87
11-14-2003, 05:13 PM

Anyway, I've been wondering - what exactly does magic +x do - I don't get the feeling that it's sp-regen, as this feat of Aengus is treated as if it was quite rare. If it doesn't alter the regen, and doesn't make you stronger, what else would it do?
I'm more than sure that it is sp regen, like I said, i've played around with magic items quite abit :o

graaliholic
11-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah, magic+x increases your SP regen. You won't noice it much if your SP is low or you have 1-2 magic regen, but once you get enough SP and magic+5-8, you'll notice it quite a bit. You'll also notice your hunger dropping just as fast. :p

GoZelda
11-14-2003, 09:46 PM
What Justin said is true :) i got RoHM