PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Alliance - Notice to Tseng

busyrobot
10-06-2003, 12:59 AM
As of 09-15-2003, we were guaranteed a treaty with the Zormite people, as it was the will of both of our nations.

As of late, many people have tried to reach you on the matter, all of which have fallen on deaf ears without response.

I PMed you in the forums, you did not respond, though you did get the message as you have been activily posting on that account.

So, sadly, I am formally posting here in need of a response.

Please address the matter in a timely fashion.

Lance
10-06-2003, 10:36 PM
I talked to Wren yesterday; things are looking rather good for a Zormite/Dustari (and possibly Forest as well) Alliance.

A side note, don't threaten me ever again. If you want a response, you don't threaten me. That was the reason I didn't respond to your little PM - I ignore messages which contain threats.

I tolerate a lot of things from people...but this is not one of the them.

busyrobot
10-06-2003, 10:59 PM
I simply stated that I would resort to the use of the forums if you continued to ignore all of my messages, PMs, and every other attempt at communication on the topic.

I have been more than kind in all my dealings with you Tseng, given you more leeway than I would any other.

I had tried, many many attempts to discuss the issue with you, in a non threatening manner, and thus in my last PM I stated I would post in the forums if you continued to hide from the topic.
As you are a king, you do not have the option to hide from topics selectively.

I had spoken to Zen on many occasions, and later Wren, and you had not responded to her either. Before I posted here, I checked with her one last time, and checked my own PMs here one last time.

And by the way, I miss-quoted the time we were promised a treaty in the near future with Zormite:

the actual date you made that promise was 07-25-2003

It is 10/6/03 now.

If you feel I have become threatening on the issue, you are in err, I told you what my last recourse was in contacting you would be, and tried to avoid it.

So, a side note, don't act with such disrespect to me ever again. If you want civil discourse, you don't ignore me for months at a time. That was the reason I did respond with a little forum post - you ignored my messages when you thought you can blow myself and everyone else off.

Aside from that, I am glad to see the political front is moving forward regarding our Zormite allies. :)

busyrobot
10-07-2003, 12:24 AM
thought I would add for full disclosure, the Forum PM Tseng took offense to:

1) You need to deal with the Zormite Alliance situation, if you fail to respond either way, I'll have to post in the forums that we demand an answer to this question that you have been silent on.
I am trying to PM you now, to avoid a public debacle, but you are really dragging your feet in a disrespectful way here.

Tseng, this doesn't need to be a cause for conflict, I just ask that you reconsider your thoughts on the matter, and reflect on your own actions.

Satrek2000
10-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Tseng, don't get this as a threat, as it is none, neither is it meant to be an insult, just a comment. You havn't been online much recently, at least in our timezone, and one could get the feeling that you have forsaken us. I don't think you have, just that there are other things to keep you busy, but it would indeed be nice to see you on tag every now and then, even if it's just for as long as it takes to hand out some royal fish'n'chips. :)

Lance
10-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Tseng, don't get this as a threat, as it is none, neither is it meant to be an insult, just a comment.

Anything phrased in the form: If you don't ____, then I will ______. is a threat, esp. when the latter is something intended as an attack upon someone or something.

You havn't been online much recently, at least in our timezone, and one could get the feeling that you have forsaken us.

Yeah, I'm not online so much - Certain things make it rather difficult to be, and when I do have the time to, some certain people whose names I will not mention go out of their way to make my trip there a nightmare. This is also the reason I have not been able to hold so many events on 2k2 lately.

I don't think you have, just that there are other things to keep you busy, but it would indeed be nice to see you on tag every now and then, even if it's just for as long as it takes to hand out some royal fish'n'chips. :)

Speaking of those royal fish'n'chips, I need to acquire some more. :)

skyler87
10-07-2003, 06:10 AM
He threatened to post on the forums if you didn't respond..is it that big a deal?

sYnergy247
10-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by skyler87
He threatened to post on the forums if you didn't respond..is it that big a deal?

Its the PRINCIPLE of the thing :rolleyes:

Satrek2000
10-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Lance
Anything phrased in the form: If you don't ____, then I will ______. is a threat, esp. when the latter is something intended as an attack upon someone or something.

Difficult. While "If you don't reply to my pm, I will post it all over the forums and make you look like a <you can think of something>" is a threat, I don't think that "If you don't reply to my pm, I will post it in the forum because it is an important matter for Dustari to discuss" is. I hope I could make that clear without making it sound... well... tired x_x

Lance
10-07-2003, 10:40 AM

Difficult. While "If you don't reply to my pm, I will post it all over the forums and make you look like a <you can think of something>" is a threat, I don't think that "If you don't reply to my pm, I will post it in the forum because it is an important matter for Dustari to discuss" is. I hope I could make that clear without making it sound... well... tired x_x

Yeah, but there's a difference between making a topic to discuss, and making a topic to discuss while mentioning in said topic certain perceived inadequacies of someone else, as was threatened and fulfilled.

Valder
10-07-2003, 12:25 PM
It's pretty stupid to become allies with 1/2 of the nations (aside from yours) on 2k1. Maybe Dustari should also ally with CP and Samurai so that there will never be war and nothing will ever happen.

Satrek2000
10-07-2003, 02:41 PM
After negotiating allies, why not negotiate some enemies, for a change? Also, alliances should be put to a test every now and then... The possibilities are great... yet, I doubt there will be many atempts in that respect...

busyrobot
10-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Lance

Yeah, but there's a difference between making a topic to discuss, and making a topic to discuss while mentioning in said topic certain perceived inadequacies of someone else, as was threatened and fulfilled.

Tseng, relax

I will reiterate what I wrote:

1) You need to deal with the Zormite Alliance situation, if you fail to respond either way, I'll have to post in the forums that we demand an answer to this question that you have been silent on.
I am trying to PM you now, to avoid a public debacle, but you are really dragging your feet in a disrespectful way here.

I said I wished to avoid a 'public debacle' as it is a poor way to address something like this via the forums, but as I had tried to contact you on many occations, I had no choice if it was to be addressed at all. I didn't say I would try to embarrass you or such, or try to make you look inadequate. As this treaty has taken over two months to move forward, I think I was more than justified.

I am not your enemy, I am trying to work with you here.

If you feel that your actions in a public light become displays of inadequacy, review how you have dealt with said actions before assuming you are being attacked.

skyler87
10-08-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Valder
It's pretty stupid to become allies with 1/2 of the nations (aside from yours) on 2k1. Maybe Dustari should also ally with CP and Samurai so that there will never be war and nothing will ever happen.
And that way, Bmode would have no point, and no one would ever be able to fight over arguements :O
sounds good ;)

Satrek2000
10-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by skyler87

And that way, Bmode would have no point, and no one would ever be able to fight over arguements

Who cares for bmode? :D

Muha_builder
10-08-2003, 11:39 PM
There is no use in this endless Iam-right-posting-thingie we need to work out something a solution .the way that dustari is right now is pretty disturbing.Also people are just missing alot of things i hear things like "who is tseng" to often.We need to work something out that will make everyone happy including you tseng

(we cant use dustarians going hostile vs eachother we have enough problems)

I hope more dustarians will post there toughts in here.

Satrek2000
10-09-2003, 10:05 AM
My thoughts on this... first, I'd like to know where king and queen are, i.e. Tseng and Calani. I know that you, Tseng, are busy, and I know that people give you a hard time when you're on, but maybe if you'd manage to be on a little more often, this wouldn't happen anymore... tricky situation, kind of bottleneck to pass... And I havn't seen our queen in a while, so it seems Dustari's highest ranked players are missing. Padren is doing a great job, but he can't do everything, and it would be good to see the both of you for roleplaying reasons.
Second, what about some negotiated hostilities, after we got negotiated allies now? Well, that'd require two kingdoms capable of roleplaying instead of pking, and I think neither Dustari nor any of the others can be regarded as one such... at least not completely.

busyrobot
10-10-2003, 01:57 AM
My thoughts on this... first, I'd like to know where king and queen are, i.e. Tseng and Calani. I know that you, Tseng, are busy, and I know that people give you a hard time when you're on, but maybe if you'd manage to be on a little more often, this wouldn't happen anymore... tricky situation, kind of bottleneck to pass... And I havn't seen our queen in a while, so it seems Dustari's highest ranked players are missing. Padren is doing a great job, but he can't do everything, and it would be good to see the both of you for roleplaying reasons.
Second, what about some negotiated hostilities, after we got negotiated allies now? Well, that'd require two kingdoms capable of roleplaying instead of pking, and I think neither Dustari nor any of the others can be regarded as one such... at least not completely.

I try to do a good job - but it's Zoe who puts the online time in an keeps the kingdom running smoothly :D

Regarding negotiated hostilities, I think something resembling stand offish conflicts could be good, like, rp battles with pirates over piracy in kingdom waters, etc.

I'll think about it, but it would have to be more like rp events, small sea battles than kingdom wars, because well, starting a war over being bored is never good.

Maybe we can look into it sometime, I personally enjoy building up in peaceful times, as peace is far more of a challange.

Satrek2000
10-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by busyrobot
I'll think about it, but it would have to be more like rp events, small sea battles than kingdom wars, because well, starting a war over being bored is never good.

It would be realistic... :D

Originally posted by busyrobot
Maybe we can look into it sometime, I personally enjoy building up in peaceful times, as peace is far more of a challange.

If there are tensions, then peace is a struggle, gut as it is now, everyone's settled with peace so I don't see it threatened in any way worth mentioning.

An invasion from the outside would be nice, having a few gods ally and try to take over the kingdom islands would be nice too - if cult monsters were working... as long as it has a dynamic, unlike the good old lizardon invasion on classic, where you could bring stones to a NPC which claimed to use them to keep the great wall up - the number he held steadily decreased, but even when he hit 0 or a negative value nothing changed... :rolleyes:

Muha_builder
10-10-2003, 03:47 PM
as peace is far more of a challange.
i dont agree with that at all in these peacefull non rpish times alot of people get bored trying to maintain peace isnt even hard i think starting a war is right now

Satrek2000
10-10-2003, 06:11 PM
On a side note, īt wouldn't be a war of boredom on GK - maybe it would be started because we're bored ooc, but we'd have ti find a reason ic, say some leader insults another, or abducts a princess and holds it hostage with the necessary dragon for an optional white knight to free her... erm... well... you get my point.