PDA

View Full Version : Lvls, ranks, & RP

busyrobot
10-01-2003, 11:36 PM
this thread is to redirect the off topic posts on

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48338

........that had nothing to do with the Zormite's Ministry of Information.

Originally posted by draco5432
Basing ranks around levels is smart, yet un RPish.

I was having a bad problem IRL, and i took it to graal, thank you for making me remember what that was.

We figured you were, and that's why we all stood by you, and gave you so many chances. But in the end, you wouldn't even see how you did bring it to graal, you just blamed the people around you for why things were not going your way.

I hope sometime you see how you acted effected your relationships with your friends here, and accept that maybe you were not promoted, becaue of you behaved, and not as the result of us unfairly bumping someone of a higher level ahead of you.

note to GoZelda:
What you are saying is basically advocates and vindates the opposite of what you are saying, actually you can have a general with low phys, if they are good with raising and running the miltiary.

draco5432
10-02-2003, 12:46 AM
There is no such thing as a friend on kingdoms...or graal in general, anyone will stab you in the back on kingdoms for a chance at power, i know this. There are some trustworthy people, but in the end, anyone on kingdoms would stab their best friend in the back for something powerful.

example: Rank, Weapon, Staff Job.

GryffonDurime
10-02-2003, 04:51 AM
I came close to stabbing Wryoko, but I never did.

And your statement is rather....depressing. So little faith in humanity,

DustyPorViva
10-02-2003, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't stab anyone in the back :x

busyrobot
10-02-2003, 07:32 AM
There is no such thing as a friend on kingdoms...or graal in general, anyone will stab you in the back on kingdoms for a chance at power, i know this. There are some trustworthy people, but in the end, anyone on kingdoms would stab their best friend in the back for something powerful.

Sab, I know for a fact that there is a such thing as a friend on kingdoms, maybe you mean, there is no way for you to know, and as such, you won't trust a friend on gk.

I remember when I was FM as I was offered to become king if Kamuii and Tseng were overthrown, and I quite horrified by the number of people who backed it.
Most people didn't mind Tseng at all, but had been convinced by the main plotter that Tseng had to go for Kamuii to go, and they had accepted that at face value.
I infiltrated the group, reported what they were doing to Tseng, defused the majority, and was able to warn Tseng before Samurai attacked on the day he was crowned.

I have been offered other things on other occations, if I ever would backstab someone, I would have done it by now.

Being that I know that I myself would not backstab someone for anything in the world, well, I know what you say is wrong.

There are people I would trust here, not many, but a few who I know would not backstab anyone for anything.

Satrek2000
10-02-2003, 05:00 PM
You can find friends through graal, if you're lucky. Certainly, there are backstabbers arround, but a certain percentage of tem can be found everywhere. The trick is to spot and avoid them. It's also good not to expect the deep and livelong trust you can have with an irl best friend from someone you know for a few weeks only through graal.
Also, I wouldn't backstab others for what you call "power" (believe it or not) - I've been staff (yes, on classic, sue me) and I loved it, yet it's nothing I'd stab someone for. Neither is a higher rank, let alone ruling a kingdom.
Even if promotions are based on levels, they are not given solely because of them. RP skills are encouraged, and general behaviour is takein into account. There's nothing wrong with giving a number of levels someone needs to become this or that rank - but as always, if people have a point, they should talk it out - and in my experience, this is done that way.

GoZelda
10-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

note to GoZelda:
What you are saying is basically advocates and vindates the opposite of what you are saying, actually you can have a general with low phys, if they are good with raising and running the miltiary.
1) This doesn't belong here.
2) Search for a roman general named "Varius".

Splke
12-15-2003, 11:22 AM

Wow.. Sab is so friggin brilliant... I've been stabbed in the back so many times, and by people that I thought were my dearest, best friends.... I guess, I dont have such a dark look at everybody, but everybody has the compacity within them to be evil... so... beware :(

And sorry Sab about what happened.. i know how it feels too.

Zurkiba
12-16-2003, 12:38 AM

I was only stabbed in the back once... and that was when the Samurai betrayed their own word to make a bigger Empire for themself.

Otherwise, everyone else was my friend.

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-18-2003, 12:05 AM

Yeah, i won't stab people in the back. The only time i'd go against someone is if they're a mean PKer or a selfish powerplayer, or they've gone crazy and started being really mean to me first, or if they're just plain *****s with the intelligence of a toothpick.

Weapon? srew that, i can get a decent weapon all by myself by blessing magnifying glasses for scrolls and killing monsters for diamonds.
Rank? Screw that, i already have a rank on Zormite higher than i had ever thought i'd get, plus higher than i was content to have (i woulda settled for second in command of the navy -anyday- but the ministry leader went inactive =X). I didn't get there by backstabbing, or being mean, or anything like that. I got there by being a hardcore zormite, loyal, responsible, helpful to everyone i could, zormitean or not (i still give random literacy scrolls to people if they need them o_o and other junk too), and respectful. Also by presenting myself as a capable guy, but duh, noone gets there if they don't do that, unless the leader's corrupt which wren isnt <3
Staff job? What staff job...i don't see any on GK except the one Tsengy has =X

Anyway, i'm not really sure what this whole thread is about and maybe i shouldnt have bothered posting this long piece of garbage, but i like to voice my opinion ;) plus im waiting for lords and there's nothing else to do.

BYEE NOW!

greeno
12-18-2003, 05:47 AM

Yeah, I agree, I mean you can be friendly to people, like acknowledge each other if you pass by, or lend some plat, but I could not see like making an extra effort to get to know anyone... probably just my outlook on video games... I would much rather spend time with my Real Friends that I can go visit arouond the block than go on graal, get scammed or have to train a squire (sorry Padren ;P) or sit in the trade tables and watch waterlord come in and start killing everyone that's on battle mode. Thats one of the things wrong with graal, not the game itself, but the people who play it.

Monkeyboy_McGee
12-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by greeno

Thats one of the things wrong with graal, not the game itself, but the people who play it.

Give this man a bag of jelly babies. He just said the truest of true words, and has come one more step towards enlightenment.