PDA

View Full Version : Guild of Mages...

GoZelda
09-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't it be good to have some sort of guild of mages? These will hold magical tournaments, and elect leaders (archmages) and sub-leaders (High Mage, High Thunder Mage) once in the so-many-time.

Butz
09-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Mmm, yes, so you could have another kingdom-esque group where people are supposed to RP but they don't.
Then you'd get the people who would go to join, and they'd be like "But I'm a high ranked mage in So-and-so kingdom, and I'm level 27-bajillion! I can shoot fireballs out of my eyes and make you think you're a pink bear hula dancing. "
Errr...well, maybe not that far..
Anyway, in summary, I don't think it's that great of an idea. What you're basically asking for is an All-Mages kingdom. :-/

GoZelda
09-19-2003, 08:53 PM
No no, not a kingdom. A guild. Right-click Ring of Magic, then you might understand what i am referring to :/

Muha_builder
09-19-2003, 09:32 PM
shawn is right

GoZelda
09-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Muha_builder
shawn is right
No he isn't. And until you've right-clicked RoM, i suppose you shut your piehole.

busyrobot
09-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Muha_builder
shawn is right

Muha_builder is right.

gozen
09-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by busyrobot

Muha_builder is right.
busyrobot is wrong...er...right.

Satrek2000
09-20-2003, 02:14 AM
I agree with what Shawn said, sor one reason in particular: you don't need a guild to RP, but you need to RP to have a guild. The way I see it, we can do fine without a guild, but if we don't do fine without one, we'd suck with one installed. I hope you get my point. Right now, I see Dustaris magehood consisting of more or less wandering mages serving the same, common good. And without some building, or at least a ritual circle, somewhere to meet, there's no point in rping a guild at all.
I wish there were such places, and it was possible to, say, charge magic walls guarding our forts from there, or something, if forts were added... well, just an idea which is being ignored, along with forts being delayed...

busyrobot
09-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
I agree with what Shawn said, sor one reason in particular: you don't need a guild to RP, but you need to RP to have a guild. The way I see it, we can do fine without a guild, but if we don't do fine without one, we'd suck with one installed. I hope you get my point. Right now, I see Dustaris magehood consisting of more or less wandering mages serving the same, common good. And without some building, or at least a ritual circle, somewhere to meet, there's no point in rping a guild at all.
I wish there were such places, and it was possible to, say, charge magic walls guarding our forts from there, or something, if forts were added... well, just an idea which is being ignored, along with forts being delayed...

We just finished the Cathedral, which had a huge number of delays as:

A) I had no scripting, lvl making, graal gfx making or tile making experience.

B) No one but stefan knew how to make something so big work without messing up in the graal client.

That said, it's up now and on the plate are:

Tower of Wizardry
- personal rooms for the mages, tunnels below for the dark mages and necromancers, etc, and various cool things.

Alchemy rooms hopefully, maybe even some puzzle rooms that can only be solved by using the right spell in the right place to solve it, for testing young wizards to be.

On the dreamlist, is also castle improvements, like a sparring room, better naval HQ, and Nightrose Keep north of borea.

Suggestions still taken, of course. ;)

footnote: RPing is not that hard, and people seem to get dispirited, and think "if I had this and that we'd all RP, but we don't so I won't try" at times. 2k1 doesn't have 1/2 of GK has, and you can still RP there.

You don't need much to RP, but a bit of determination do drag your friends, kicking and screaming if needed, into it. :)

Satrek2000
09-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Tower of Wizardry
- personal rooms for the mages, tunnels below for the dark mages and necromancers, etc, and various cool things.
Alchemy rooms hopefully, maybe even some puzzle rooms that can only be solved by using the right spell in the right place to solve it, for testing young wizards to be.

I'd love to see such a tower - and contribute if I only knew how to make gk-levels... classic-style, I sure could help, but I never succeeded in anything 2k2-wise... Anyway, I think such installations require scripting, (again, if I could...) I wonder whether it is possible to make something to show how much activity there is, like a flame for the cathedral hich burns the brighter, the more is prayed inside... If forts were added, I'd love to see something like a magical shield arround them, which can be sustained by the stored magic or praying energy collected in the cathedral or the tower...

GoZelda
09-20-2003, 09:27 PM

We just finished the Cathedral, which had a huge number of delays as:

A) I had no scripting, lvl making, graal gfx making or tile making experience.

B) No one but stefan knew how to make something so big work without messing up in the graal client.

That said, it's up now and on the plate are:

Tower of Wizardry

This would rather be cool as some sort of quest...

Satrek2000
09-21-2003, 01:52 PM
There would be great potential in such a building, as could be in the cathedral - for example some magic threat somewhere in the kingdom to defeat, by means of monsters to fight or puzzles to solve, like defeating a plague by burning down crops and replanting it, whatever, thus increasing the might of the magehood in general... which could be used for defense purpose, but all that, except for relying on forts to be added, requires severe and heavy duty scripting...

Evil_Lord_Sparda
09-21-2003, 02:34 PM
How about Venmyr Tower Padren?
Or a statue of me in Borea? :cool:

Satrek2000
09-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Lord_Sparda
Or a statue of me in Borea?

In general, I think customized stuff like statues, signs and such would improve the look of all kingdoms. I wonder what rules apply to such uploade, except from them being reasonable... And I wonder what happened to my wall-version of Shawn's Dustari flag... Tseng? :cool:

GoZelda
09-21-2003, 06:39 PM

In general, I think customized stuff like statues, signs and such would improve the look of all kingdoms. I wonder what rules apply to such uploade, except from them being reasonable... And I wonder what happened to my wall-version of Shawn's Dustari flag... Tseng? :cool:
We need craftable signs.

Satrek2000
09-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
We need craftable signs.

Yes, along with a way to prevent abuse - maybe a S(ign)-right, you craft a sign, then have to ask someone with the proper right (could use the housing-right) to solidify it...

GoZelda
09-21-2003, 09:25 PM

Yes, along with a way to prevent abuse - maybe a S(ign)-right, you craft a sign, then have to ask someone with the proper right (could use the housing-right) to solidify it...
Mh yes, i s'uppose the required "minerals" also should contain a scroll or something.

Satrek2000
09-21-2003, 10:42 PM

Mh yes, i s'uppose the required "minerals" also should contain a scroll or something.

Yes, or maybe have different signs, wooden and metal ones, should they have different durabilities concerning their constitution, so you'd have to repair them? Anyway, the text should be added by using a scroll, yes. Maybe it'd also require a "XY paid money and is hereby allowed to place a sign somewhere"-style of scroll.

poop3131
09-23-2003, 05:36 AM
erm... say do all the people in guild of mages need to be priest sorceror etc. or just people who can use magic itself? :o

poop3131
09-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Imagine class wars Sorcerors vs. barbs and warriors lel funny :D

id say the best thing for a guild of mages is BRIDGID

lol can someone exaclty tell me what bridgid is besides a cool strong avatar

graaliholic
09-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by poop3131
Imagine class wars Sorcerors vs. barbs and warriors lel funny :D

id say the best thing for a guild of mages is BRIDGID

lol can someone exaclty tell me what bridgid is besides a cool strong avatar

The best priest for a sorcerer is Aengus for the magic+1 and luck+2

Satrek2000
09-23-2003, 10:17 AM
In my opinion every member of the guild of mages should be a mage, as well as every member of the priesthood should be a priest - I think that's logical for some rp reasons ;)

GoZelda
09-23-2003, 07:03 PM
In my opinion every member of the guild of mages should be a mage, as well as every member of the priesthood should be a priest - I think that's logical for some rp reasons ;)
Look at Heiwaronsha/Lockeboy. Class Thief, but a mage. So it shouldn't, it should be what your RP like.

Satrek2000
09-23-2003, 10:45 PM

Look at Heiwaronsha/Lockeboy. Class Thief, but a mage. So it shouldn't, it should be what your RP like.

Sorry, I think I was getting it wrong - I was referring to the rank you holt, not the starting class. I'm a warrior, in theory, which I hope I managed to explain in my rp-history (by the way, I'm curious what you thought about it, if you happened to read it... too many clichees? ).

Desolator12
09-29-2003, 12:22 AM
ah.. i remember in the ol' days, there was a mages guild in forest... the middle of the island i believe... dunno if it's still there, but i still have the key(s). but the idea is a good one... especailly for those mages who are just starting out I'd be glad to help with stuff.... if i can just figure out how to help... and i can RP... and not Power RPing either.......

corse, i also mindlessly slaughter bomys and sell their skins for profit :D but that's just today... and i already made 300 plat :D

as i said, i can help...gather materials, build items to put inside, ect...

meybe i should try to get alchemy and use that skill to make items....

i'm a fighter, and a lvl 1 mage though... i'm workin on it... 1/2 to lvl 2... i jsut need more mana.....

GoZelda
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM

Sorry, I think I was getting it wrong - I was referring to the rank you holt, not the starting class. I'm a warrior, in theory, which I hope I managed to explain in my rp-history (by the way, I'm curious what you thought about it, if you happened to read it... too many clichees? ).
Is it the thing in the Archmage thread? i didn't read it, to long -.- but i'll read it now.

Satrek2000
09-30-2003, 11:25 AM

Is it the thing in the Archmage thread?

Yes, that is it - I kinda let myself go while writing it... it's the longest post I ever psted in any forum I'm active in ;

GoZelda
09-30-2003, 06:20 PM
it pwns XD

it's very nice.

Satrek2000
09-30-2003, 11:01 PM
it pwns XD
it's very nice.

Thanks, glad to hear that :D I was afraid my english couldn't keep up with what I had in mind...

Desolator12
10-01-2003, 01:20 AM
haven't read it... meybe on friday when i don't have school.. anywho, as i said, i'll gladly help with this guild thing.... but i'm in CP as well..

GoZelda
10-01-2003, 03:51 PM
It isn't a kingdom.
It's where mages gather, exchange information 'bout good spells etc. It's more some sort of club...

Satrek2000
10-01-2003, 06:29 PM
A guild of mages of Dustari would be a good idea - a guild of mages of the (Kingdoms)World would be even better. In theory - that is, if every kingdom has a sufficient supply of mages and they can overcome their timezones in some way - the mages could hold meetings, once a month or so, and people could actually rp. Talk about the monsters they conjured, or those they managed to slay, deciding about how to counter threats from outside (if someone can come up with some) etc. These meetings could be held either on main, but I'd rather say they should be held on the kingdom islands in sequence - either somewhere in the wild, or, if there is such an installation, in the local mages' tower or whatever. Depending on the kingdoms leading mages, there could be a network set up... if just the postal service would work... :rolleyes: